LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Please, do not call me a "Lymie" (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Please, do not call me a "Lymie"
Lymieloo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymieloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:

Lymieloo, we'll call you LooLooBelle here...

How about this name - LooLooTickToMyLoo. It's singable...

NOOOOOOOOO, please! [toilet]

--------------------
Bless the Lord, oh my soul. -- Psalm 103

Posts: 102 | From WA | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa... you said.. "I mean, is there somewhere that actually shows a dr or other professional using that word to label us?
... I need proof. that's how I roll."

Here is an entire article by a NIH toad that once led the Lyme program and continues to spend his miserable energy blasting Lyme patients.

Lymees Hard to Kill Harder to Comprehend

https://sites.google.com/site/edwardmcsweegan/online-posts-hadlyme

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More mentions by so called professionals... and they are talking about LymeNet and its members here.

"So why the interest in Flagyl among the Lymees? Quackery and incompetence, of course. That is, quackery and incompetence among the so-called “Lyme Literate” docs who prey on—I mean treat—these unfortunate people."

https://sites.google.com/site/edwardmcsweegan/lyme-articles-recent

"It’s been a busy week in LymeLand. There must have been some kind of nuthouse furlough recently because three Lymee wackjobs have just dumped a load of nonsense into the Internet, which in all fairness is basically what the 90% Internet is—a digital landfill for the mentally ill, the conspiracy-minded, the juvenile, and the criminal."

https://sites.google.com/site/edwardmcsweegan/lyme-articles-3

"I continue to marvel at the ability of these people to withstand so many simultaneous infectious agents—some of which have significant mortality rates. In the real world, most of us would be under a doctor’s care or in a hospital for any one of the above agents, but these online Lymees are tough, able to sit at home chatting on the Internet, and basking in the admiration and envy of their fellow LymeNuts. One such admirer writes:

…I wish I could get positives on some coinfections. They keep comin[g] up neg and I am constantly second guessing every treatment I get.

Well, with the right quack doctor and diagnostics company, I’m sure you will. Best of luck with your hypochondria."

https://sites.google.com/site/edwardmcsweegan/lyme-articles-recent

"…the negative feedback participants received led them to identify with a new community of people, “Lymies,” as they developed a new understanding of their disease. Defense (hiding doctors) and resistance (advocacy, activism) are defining parts of this community. "

https://sites.google.com/site/edwardmcsweegan/lyme-articles-2011-1/2011-april

" He is "Lyme literate" (as they say in the Lymie community). "

https://sites.google.com/site/edwardmcsweegan/politics-articles

"The tea drinkers don’t seem to be having much success overthrowing reality. Neither do the anti-vaccination nuts. Or the AIDS denialists. Or the Lymees. Maybe they all should sit back, relax, and have a cup of decaf coffee. My treat."

https://sites.google.com/site/edwardmcsweegan/politics-articles

" Johnson and her Lymee agitators are not going to change that with another redundant accusation…even if it is on congressional stationary."

https://sites.google.com/site/edwardmcsweegan/2010-quotes

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

As all can see, it has been used as a negative label by the IDSA supporters for a long time.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, they can't even spell it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymieloo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymieloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, gotta love the moronic irony in that quote about AIDS deniers, while he's doing the exact same thing regarding Lyme.

Arrogant, ignorant hypocrite.

--------------------
Bless the Lord, oh my soul. -- Psalm 103

Posts: 102 | From WA | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who is this Edward McSweegan? I cna't read I am in so much pain... sorry.

he sounds like a real winner if he is writing all these things. I get the point and I see the damage, I just guess that keebler an dothers that agree lymie is wrong want to stop it before it gets bigger.

it just isn't main stream yet, and that is what I thought was happening, that's all.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Seeing a lot of "Lymie" references, even in the media. Not nice. Bringing this up as a reminder.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Thanks for the reminder, Tincup. Each time I hear this or see it in a supposed information article - it's just a sharp stake to the heart compounding the fractures from years of doctors' insults & dismissals.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what? did I miss something? save the tatas?

um aren't tatas boobs? what are tatas?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Randibear,

The disparaging slang, whether posed in a question or not, is certainly language often used as insults to demean women (and also men, if calling them a "boob"). It seems that is the intent of the post, otherwise it serves no purpose other than to insult the posters here regarding a very tender issue.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement