LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Now My Horse is Missing: this is not a joke.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Now My Horse is Missing: this is not a joke.
Tricky Tickey
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First it was my dog, now my horse. Why am I being punished and for what? I moved him to a new location on Sat. May 2. He was in a pasture with another horse. All was well, he was fed about 6;30 pm.

Checked on him the next day around 6 pm. He was gone, owners of property did not notice him gone as they have 20 acres. Looked everywhere, been to homes, called law enforcement. He was seen running across the road that night but nobody bothered reporting it.

No sign of my 1200 lb beautiful horse. WE searched the woods on horseback tonight. This is a nightmare. He has a microchip implanted in his lip, as some horses do, but we can't track him with it, only if someone takes him to a sale where they scan it.

So here I stand. Lost and without hope of my equine companion ever coming home. I deserve to cry and have a pity party.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry, that is so much grief. I will be praying for you. Please keep us posted.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have GOT to be kidding. This is just too much.

Why are the things you love disappearing? This would have me very suspicious.

I am so sad for you.

At this point, I would contact the animal communicator. I think they are even better with horses.

Much love,
BoxerMom

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has he been missing since May 2 or June 2?

My horse went missing once. He got out of the pasture. He was so freaked out by being out of his environment and strange people chasing him, that it made him very hard to catch.

I didn't hear about it until a few days after people had seen him and tried to catch him.

Hang in there.....it could be that he's on the move because he's spooked.

He will get tired and someone will be able to catch him.

Put the word out with local vets, the animal shelters, and police departments too. I bet you will get a call soon saying someone has caught him.

I'm sorry - I know exactly how you feel.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done all of the above. If no luck today, I'm contacting the animal communicator. Seriously, now matter what the cost.

Can yall believe this?!!! All the things that mean something to me are disappearing or lost. I'm in a valley, but I will overcome this, no matter what and continue my fight!!!!
Pray for me today. Second day off work...

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Lord , these valley's are just so difficult.. I pray that you carry Tricky through ...

.She is having so many losses, her health, companionship, finances, and is in heartache today..
Lord bind her wounds, heal her heart, guide and direct her paths...
Let her not get paranoid ,but give her wisdom, strength and favor this day...
Send your mighty cover of protection on her and her ?son.
Let this not drain her body of the strenghth it does have ...

We ask in your Name, Amen and Amen

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
umm not to be *****y bit where was your boyfriend in all this???' something just doesn't add up here ya know

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

I don't have a boyfriend, I have a husband. He was at home with me and my grandson when the horse got out....20 miles away. There's no doubt the horse got out of the pasture on his own. He's really intelligent and could have squeezed his way around the cattle guard, I think or rolled over the fence. Yes, they can do it. He once went over a fence running from another horse & cut himself badly.

What doesn't add up is this: Where is he now? he was last seen Saturday evening around 7Pm running across the road in a wooded area. We were not informed of this. I found him missing from the property the next day when I went to see how he was doing with the new mare. The property owners hadn't noticed him missing....it's a large property, 20 acres. No fence was down. When I found him gone, I immediately got with them and we rode all the fences, all intact.

Started questioning the neighbors, who then told me they saw the horse the day before running loose. I'm ****ed about that, they were blind ignorant not to report it to the county or ask around, but some folks are just plain ignorant.

So he had a 24 hour head start. If he was nearby, we would find him. Nobody has reported finding him or has not been seen along any roads. He is probably contained on someone's property. Some people around here are cold: they find an animal, they just keep it. Yes, even horses and cows. Sad but true. I just have to find where he's being held, or if he's being held.

Another possibility: he could have been picked up and trailered away. He's gentle enough and easy to load. My fear is I never see him again..

Yes this is all suspicious, and I am beginning to view this as a Stolen Horse at this point. If he was close by, we would find him. I'm dumbfounded.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we've had cases here in texas where they went into the pasture and took cattle. so yep, horse thiefing is a big deal.

could happen.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so so sorry, Trickey. That really really stinks!! I do believe it is VERY possible that you will get him back! Just a feeling I have!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes someone may have latched onto your horse.

Probably MORE likely several years ago when there was an active market for them all.

Reminds me of old story when baby calves were very cheap to negative value.

Guy loads 2 baby calves in his pickup,,,takes it to the sale barn on cattle sale day and puts a sign on pickup parked up front for all to see,,,"FREE calves"

Guy goes in to watch cattle sale and how other big cattle sold,,,comes out after sale to find his 2 calves

still there with free sign,,,,along with 4 more somebody gave him.

If you blanket area with flyers and news releases,,,you have a good chance of recovering your horse.

IF someone caught him how would they 'know' where to return or call?????

How tall are corn fields in your area,,,could he be hiding in one??? Have had goofy cattle do that.

Went out to look for them at night with a spotlight,,,easier to see eyes than in day time and they all look at the bright light.

Hope all turns out well,,,,20 miles from home is a long way!!! Cant find anything close???

Didnt mean to say by my story that your horse wasnt valuable. The non-pedigree every day riding horse is cheaper than the peak of the market, in our area.

The pedigree registered horse with traceable famous parents,,,I dont know, dont keep track of that market.

None the less YOUR horse is MOST valuable to you. We all have sentimental value as well.

[ 06-06-2012, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: just don ]

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would contact news stations and newspapers and ask them to run the story. Also post flyers in places like Tractor Supply and any vets that tend to large animals. Best of luck to you. I hope you get him back.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you notified police so that if someone calls them about the horse they can call you?
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have dogs that can track lost pets.

This is awful.I hope you find him

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

All has been done above. The newspaper won't run a story on it. I've put an ad in the paper, paid a good bit for it. They should at least give me a paragraph!!! Television stations were contacted first, but wouldn't promise anything other than a mention on their website.

I've done all that can be done in the natural sense, especially with signs/fliers. I need a miracle.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Get anyone who does Twitter and Facebook to post. Many lots pets have been found this way.

While the concentration may not be so great in your area of those who frequent the social media, it can't hurt - as long as you someone keep a certain degree of privacy when you post your location or specifics.

Maybe get calls directed to the sheriff's office instead of your personal phone?

If your roads have scales where over-sized vehicles are required to stop and weigh, you might be sure all the scale operators have a photo of your horse (if there are actual people at those posts).

All the vets and feed stores should also be alerted.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

reward helps

--------------------

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh geez. Have you posted on netposse?

Called local horse vets?

Do you post on any horse bulletin boards?

What state are you in?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
craigslist
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i keep checking this post...i want to read you found him. ive had horses 50 yrs and only 2 got loose...but that was awful both times

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep checking too...waiting for good news.

Prayers for you.

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Dx with chronic Lyme May 2011.
LLMD April 2012, Treating with omnicef/zith
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

susank:
Yes to all the above. ON the phone with the state animal health commission to. Going to the sale barn tomorrow night incognito.

Plastered on FB....brochures, ads in paper, vets, house to house.

Nothing.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TT - good luck. Curious which horse boards you post on.?

Were you able to find any hoofprints as a "trail" to find in which direction he was heading?

Are there other horse farms nearby that he might have headed to? ie heard/smelled other horses and continued on to find them?

Can you/anyone ride out again with a "vocal" horse - that would whinny and perhaps yours would answer?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

susank:

Again, all of the above have been done. Plenty of other horses around. His trail stopped across from the residence. I still need to check a more westerly area. I slept late this morning, so exhausted. A group was asking when & where to start searching today but I haven't heard from them.

I'd like to post the map of where he was but don't want to do it on here because I was targeted once by a troll from here & lost my job on account of it. I try to stay incognito, yet at this moment, I don't really care.

Am waiting to hear back from the lady who said she'd go out today & look. I have to have a stress release..I think I'll go to a movie, seriously. Then get back on his trail. I'll go on foot this time, I don't care.

Headed to a horse sale tonight.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

I JUST PULLED A TICK OFF OF THE BACK OF MY SCALP!

CRAP!!

Musta got it on the search yesterday. Darnit!! I had another one on the top of my head yesterday but thought it was a scap on my scalp..never saw it.

Curses!!

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AARRGGGHHH!!! again!!!! [cussing]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Lymetoo:

I think the IDSA Lyme Gestapo is after me!

Ahhhhhhg!!

--------------------
Chiropractic.

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to offer my support and some hope. I lost a horse once. He was moved from his home because he was actually a wedding present. I think my mother-in-law chased him off the night before the wedding because she didn't want her son to get married - no kidding!

Anyway we spent a week looking for him. It was WAY up near the wilderness where there are mountain lions and cliffs with 500 foot drop offs. I was so worried. He turned out to be not too far away. It was just hard to find him in the woods. And as the grass is lush in summer, he was very happy grazing.

We kept him in a herd of horses on open range. Some people stole a beautiful paint mare retired in the herd. She had been a show horse and had perfect manners. When the owners called the police to get their horse back my horse wandered into the coral trying to get to his friend and was quickly locked up in her place. He just bucked them off and they let him go.

The only thing I can suggest is a helicopter or small airplane. That might sound intimidating but if you get a "lesson" the first introductory flight is actually pretty cheap (around here it is only $50). There are scenic rides too.

The worst case scenario is someone stealing him to sell to slaughter. I hope you live far far away from such a place. If there were two horses in the pasture and only yours is gone, that is probably not the case. This is when you do not want an easy to catch and load horse as they are first to get caught. But with all the cheap unwanted horses on the market right now, you probably have nothing to worry about.

All of you people out there, please tell your congressman to vote against horse slaughter plants being built in this country or the transport of horses outside the country, for the purpose of slaughter

Best of luck. It is so hard to lose one of your animals. Chances are good that you will find him.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without divulging your location,,,,how MANY miles to either the Mexico OR Canada border from pasture??roughly?

Thats where disappearace grows.

I heard that trucking them across is too expensive and too much paperwork.

They wait till night time and herd them across on the hoof,,they then came from that country.

How much 'wooded' area in place where you last knew where he was???

Not kidding when saying night is best time to look. A spotlight shows eyes a long ways away.

I really do hope you find him soon...Was it a mare?gelding?or stud???? Might be a difference in where to look.

How did the horse sale go? Since its been awhile for me what range of prices did you see???Is yours registered or grade petigreed???

Give us an idea based on horse sale prices where your horse might sell there??? Gives aprox. motivation for keeping it when finding a loose horse on the run.

You were talking of a chip implanted,,,how expensive is a transmitter kind where you can track them???I know dealers are doing that with cars.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Nefferdun:
Thanks for the encouragement.

just don: About 500 miles from Mexican border. Main highway all the way. Lots of sporadic wooded areas, scattered with rural residences among it, many with equines. He would want to be with other horses, yet nobody says they've seen him.

He's a gelding, but he loves mares and is protective of them and jealous. MOst expensive horse at the sale sold for $185, a beautiful palomino gelding, unbroke about 4 years old. Minis sold for $30, another skinny mare for $135. A mule for $75.

Sport is not registerd, but he has a good bloodline. He's considered breeding stock paint, with no color so we call him Quarter horse. He has a thoroughbred back in his lineage. If someone saw him and weren't honest, they'd maybe keep him. He's got perfect conformation, sweet disposition, but not a lot of miles on him. Good with kids.

He's just lovely. Chip implanted in his neck...not his lip. It's not a tracking device, just an identification required from the original state he came from.

I miss Sport!!

-

-

--------------------
Chiropractic.

randibear
Member # 11290

oh hon, you're so close to the border. OMG!!!

at this point, i pray you get him back, but well, be prepared that you may not.

i am so very sorry.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he is one handsome guy!

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

500 miles is "close?" That's a long way, if you ask me.

He is VERY handsome!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

It is for horse thieves

--------------------

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a beautiful horse! I am so sorry to hear this!
Have you put up pictures of him outside or on the windows of supermarkets in your area (everyone needs food)? If you ask the manager (tell him your story) he may feel sorry for you and let you put it on the door where EVERYONE sees it. I would do this at the drug stores too.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

I WOULD post his pics on every gas station/quick shop for like 10-15 miles around.

I agree he 'may' be hanging out with other horses. Is there a horse boarding place near that has large enough numbers toget lost in the crowd?

They are used to 'new' faces and hooves to notice????hopefully????

Thanks for sale price info, for unbroken unridden stock, I was thinking not REAL valuable.

Just saw a horse on MASH rerun,,,wasnt yours,,,see how those pics work wonders.

Hoping we hear GREAT news soon!!!!

IF you want,you can pm me general description of where last seen and I can post on largest read ag site on net.

Long shot, but they post notices of stolen farm machinery all the time.

Dont think your horse is stolen if seen running across the road...visiting local mare boarding farm more likely

--------------------
just don

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

just don:
If he was visiting other horse, why hasn't anyone notified us? I have signs up everywhere out there, when I'm posting them, folks know who I am.

I'm at my wits end. He didn't start out as stolen, but I think he is now. Many folks think he was picked up.

I appreciate all the suggestions you guys are giving me. If I don't answer you, I'm sorry, I'm trying to work part-time too and handle this, help my Dad and deal with another big whammy handed down to me this weekend. My life is about to change drastically over the next year.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

randibear
Member # 11290

I am so sorry hon. I bout lost my when my randi died so I know how you feel about animals

I hope you find him tho

--------------------

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

I'm getting ready to officially report my horse as stolen. The Lt. in charge of missing livestock said he thinks I probably should at this point.

Making appt with animal communicator today.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh Tricky, so sorry you haven't found your Sport yet.

I asking St. Anthony, St. Francis, St Jude & the guardian angels, as well as any other saint and angel up there to assist in brining him home.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

SPORT HAS BEEN FOUND!! LES THAN 30 MINUTES AFTER THIS POSTING.

He was about a mile from where I had moved him to....living it up and partying on 100 acres, private owners. I'd been to their home before but never searched the land. He had easy access to the property because there is no livestock there now, it's just hay fields.

He's lost weight.....but back home now and calmly began to graze like he never left.

Praise God!

-

He looks thin....here he is back at home.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise the Lord.......

I am so happy for you.

Every time there was a post I would check to see if your horse had been found.

I bet he he is happy to be home.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Relief
relief
relief.

No if he'll just stay home, he's by himself now with the cows. I checked the whole fence and there's no way he can get out without getting cut up. He won't, he was so casual about being back and didn't even spook at the cows. He knew he was in familiar territory.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So happy for you!

I would always check the posts too - hopeful that he had been found.

Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG!! Yaaaaaayyyyy!!! Sport is home!

Fatten that guy up and stick a tracking device on him! Pronto!

So happy for you. [woohoo]

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

I'm looking into real tracking devices.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

randibear
Member # 11290

man, i am so glad for you.

ain't that just like a man tho...got out catting around and tell nobody...

i'd be tempted to read that stray the riot act...which you've probably already done.

and neuter him!!!

lol....

--------------------

just don
Member # 1129

was he UP wind for the night he left???

They always 'prefer' to travel/move upwind UNLESS pushed by a huge storm/driving rain,hail or snow,,,,then they go down wind.

glad sport is back home where he belongs,,,,BOTH of you can relax NOW

--------------------
just don

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very happy for you!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was keeping tabs too and am so glad that Sport is back home. Neutering is a good idea. So is the tracking device.

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great news TT! So happy for you and your buddy!

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, such wonderful, happy news.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

May I say I TOLD YOU SO!!!? [lol]

I told you that you'd find him!! I had a good feeling about it.

[woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Hey guys, Sport was happy yesterday, grazing peacefully without even looking up at me. He seems calm now. Going to worm him Saturday and groom him pretty well, give him a bath, etc.

To those of you who don't know a lot about horses, they don't get neutered; they get gelded. And he is gelded, I wouldn't have it any other way. He just likes mares :}

--------------------
Chiropractic.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Hoooooray!
lpkayak
Member # 5230

wow-so glad. how did you finally find him?

--------------------

littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw this and kinda glad I didn't see it before because I would of been so sad for you.

Since I'm seeing it now I can say YAAAAAYYY, so happy you found him!

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWESOME news!

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Dx with chronic Lyme May 2011.
LLMD April 2012, Treating with omnicef/zith
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

He was on a 100 acre tract of land that was accessible from the road. Hay meadows and field, some wooded area with 2 creeks. They were doing hay last week and couldn't look there. Must have been there all along cause there's not a scratch on him!

I gave him the old "hose-down" with the water hose today. He loved it, brushed him down. He acts so calm now.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome news TT !!!

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

our friends who live in wyoming (we go there every year in the fall and help out) have 31,000 yes 31,000 acres so when they loose a horse it's a big deal.

and, yes, some they have never found. it's easy to come in and truck one out. that's why i was afraid you wouldn't find him.

living on a farm or ranch is tough. i couldn't go it. i'm not much help with the branding and giving them shots and all. i end up playing with the dogs.

i'm so glad he's at home now. whew, what a relief for you.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement