LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought - June 2012 to September 2012 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: God Thought - June 2012 to September 2012
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a song on my heart. Want to hear it?
I will let Paul Baloche sing it for you since I cannot carry a tune real well at all.

My Hope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWTTriKPSyU

I trust Your heart
I trust Your name
I'm holding on
I'm holding on to you

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH, thank goodness you are not singing it then. WHEW!!! Off to check it out.

Stopped by with the latest on Caleb.. the one who had the ski accident in January.

--

What a difference a week makes. This time last week we were sitting with Caleb in College Station watching a football game. This week we are (Kurt and I) are in the den watching it on tv and Caleb is in College Station watching it on tv.

He made it to CS fine with Kelley, his willing driver. She could star in 'Driving Sir Caleb' as she is not only his driver, but a best friend. I hope he is nicer than Miss Daisy was to Hoke in the early days as her driver.

Caleb asked Kurt on Thursday evening if he could go to College Station. Since we had been there just the weekend before and the football game is being played in Dallas we did not know why he would ask to go. It is once again a big week-end as many of his friends receive their Aggie Rings.

He wanted to share in their excitement. We talked about the way he might feel since this would have been the time he would have received his ring had he gone to school last spring. We do not want Caleb to look back for any reason except to encourage him to continue to move forward.

This is a time for Cabe to celebrate with his friends for their accomplishments and his also. What a blessing to receive three texts from the ring dunk "Dunkin Donut" style. One said, "Caleb looks so good" "God is so good:)" and the other said, At the ring dunk "Caleb seemed completely comfortable, at ease, and smiled the whole time." "Your middle child is cracking me up."

I am thankful for what the texts told me and for those who care enough to send a message to us letting us know how Caleb is doing. God truly gave both Kurt and I a peace about letting Caleb go overnight. It provided us an opportunity to talk to Caleb about all he needs to be able to do and decide for himself.

Kurt called one of the young men living in the house where Caleb would stay and was blessed to hear the maturity of a future doctor, telling him everything would be taken care of. Caleb is blessed with an amazing community of friends and family.
When I texted Cabe to see if he was up at 9:30 this morning, he replied 'yes, and I have already taken my medicine.' Way to go Caleb..... (without Mommy's help.)

Caleb's Facebook status yesterday read ..... It's kinda a bummer I don't get my wring today but congrats to y'all who do. I commented to spell check his status and he replied, We spell it that way in Aggieland.

It's a new army kind of thing. It is true Caleb is part of the new army at A&M according to those my age. We too were new army to the generations before us. This week-end I am proud of the new army Caleb is surrounded by..... and thankful for those encamped around him.
have a blessed Sunday,
the j's

Joshua 5:13-15 Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, ``Are you for us or for our enemies?'' ``Neither,'' he replied, ``but as commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.''

Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, ``What message does my Lord have for his servant?'' The commander of the Lord's army replied, ``Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy." And Joshua did so.
Psalms 91:11 For he will command his Angels concerning you, to keep you in all your ways

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dekrator .. well, I love the essential oils. That was great. But she made some soup for me and that or something else made my stomach go into its usual cramping, etc.

Sigh.

We will take it more slowly.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

wow... read today's entry on Caleb .. AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN PRAYING FOR HIM. He's had just an amazing recovery.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/calebjentsch
This will bless you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good eve God Thought family,

Lymetoo....I was/am bleseed by Caleb's recovery. Thanks for sharing. I also enjoyed reading the verses Deborah posted.....

John 20:29
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
Matthew 28:20
And behold,I am with you always, to the end of the age.''

Now my brain is thinking; full of thoughts racing around...THANKS TUTU! Prayers and life verses.
I noticed Caleb's Life Verse
Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

I do not really have one, but I do like one very much...let me get my Bible, not sure the verse.
Ok, well it's in a couple places. I will try and focus on a verse, or two or three. Matt.7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find, and it will be opened to you." Then, Luke 11:9 "And I tell you, 'ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

Thanks Lymetoo! Theses verses could go on to (LOL...not funny), Mat.7:7-12 and Luke 11:9-13. Anyway, the emphasis in both is on the amazing generosity of God. He longs to give His best gift...Himself... The Holy Spirit. The impact of this pasage is that the will and desire to ask, seek, and knock are all gifts of God! He motivates us to desire what He is waiting to give.

I could not figure out for the longest time, why knock on a door that's standing open? Because God wants people who want Him more than His secondary gifts. I believe Faber says this well, "We must wait for God, long and meekly, in the wind and wet,in the thunder and lightening, in the cold and dark. Wait, and He will come. He never comes to those who do not wait." But the waiting is part of His caring. He waits to be wanted. He will not burglarize the will. Ask, seek, knock.

I like Rev.3:20 also..."Behold,I stand at the door and knock....." Another time....

Peaceful, healing rest.
[group hug]

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, I loved the verses she posted too!!

What is so amazing is that Caleb's life verse was chosen WAY before his accident. It just blows me away every time I think of that!

I never can decide which ONE verse I would want as my "life verse" .. but a VERY special one to me is Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, and are called according to his purpose."

The one you posted .. Mark 7:7 reminds me of my childhood. I had one of those "pictures" of Jesus standing at the door knocking. It really captured my heart.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

A beautiful song I share before I retreat...my favorite chair beckons me to sit and view a halcyon night sky.

Look Upon The Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uihswh1UlUo&feature=related

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Oops lymetoo, I just noticed your post. Please let me do share with your thoughts tomorrow. Hug to you!

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D, [hi]
I awoke in such pain and suffering,
I sat on my bed and prayed outloud to
"The Lord",
I went to my window
and viewed the storm on the Horizon..
I grab'd my morning coffee...
And thought what a wonderful world..
Still raging in pain and suffering.
going online...
This sight(lymenet) was my first choice,
And HERE, I saw your name and thought
I need to go there,
Your first video feed -
MY HOPE
appeared and tears pour from me,
then I sang out to The Lord, went onto your 2nd feed -
LOOK UPON THE LORD,
and my heart swelled with Prasies to Our Maker,
I went back to my window and the sun was there breaking through the storm, so BRIGHT, it was Blinding, so, warm it went through me and soaked
my heart and soul with renewed LOVE.
though I walk in the valley of darkness,
HE is just over the mountian tops watching over US as The GREAT SHEPHERD he is
..Ever watching.
May many Blessing find your heart and lift your feet to dance, THE LORD is never changing !
This is going to be a GREAT DAY.
throu you from Him to me, what a gift.
I pass my(our) Blessings onto those with heavy hearts and souls ..
follow the path The Lord has made
Awake with The LORD !! and rest with HIM.
Amen, [group hug] ayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Good afternoon God Thought family,

It's such a rainy day here in Ga. Makes me ache, but the beauty of listening to rain; it's a poem in my heart.

Payne, Your words and thoughts truly has blessed me. Bring tears to my eyes. Oh yes, The Great Shepherd watches over you and us. We have such a loving God. He is worthy to be praised. Faithful Father, we adore you.
Payne, you have a wonderful day filled with his mercy and love. [kiss]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Hey! God thought family,

Have you ever seen that show called Touched By An Angel?
Nifty show, I never seen it before. I was bored this eve, so turned tv on... remoting through the channels and there it was, GNC. Missed the first half. There is another episode on now...going to watch. This time I will have my cup of tea with me...show puts a lump in my throat. Need to wash it down. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That was wonderful, Payne... !! are you a poet!!!?? Write these down in a journal.

Diane... You're kidding me!!?? Touched by an Angel was my favorite show for years and years!!! I keep forgetting the re-runs are on DISH.. I need to begin taping them!

That was one of the few shows my husband would sit down and watch with me. Such a blessing of a show.

I'm so glad you discovered those shows!!! [Smile] (you're making me feel old!)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm blessed by all that you are sharing here friends!!!!!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning God Thought family,

You know what family? I have thoughts in my head, but I don't know quite how to put them on a screen in front of me this day. So, this will be slow thoughts and most likely not in an organized way...

Lyme disease can take so much from us, but we need to reach out and grab it back with the help of our Jesus, with our friends, with our families and with ourselves.

I think many times, we don't want to peer in our mirrors because of what this disease has done to us. Might we consider ourselves ugly, clumsy, stupid and worthless. We might have a guilt or shame because we bearly can take care of ourselves and our family must pick up a huge load. We didn't have to rely so heavy on the one's we love once upon a time.

Our spirits become crushed in a sense. But, we need to tend to our spirit during this time of trails in our life. It is just as vitally important to nurish an replenish our soul.

Genesis 1:26, "And Jesus said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish in the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and our every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

We have a beautiful body, we have a beautiful heart, we have a beautiful mind. God createsd us in His own image.
We are humble in our love; we are humble in our love for ourself, and we love with a heart full for our Jesus.
We can discover and make peace right now in our life. We can control a handful of things and the rest, we ask God to help us with the load. We can embrace knowing that our value is not what we accomplish. We live, we don't just exist. We are alive...in Jesus.

Our parents, spouses, children, might need reminding and should be encouraged to take quality private time...sometimes they may feel neglected. It's also vital for them to embrace their spiritual needs as well.

Give yourself and loved ones a hug today. Jesus love's you, praise His name.

Blessed day family [group hug]

ps...I forgot to mention, even if you live alone...you are not alone. Jesus is with you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have less nurturing family members....We have the same loving Father. Thats an awesome feeling! We have a loving Father!

We love Jesus because, He first (fillin the blanks)_______ ____!

He loved me first, I'm the oldest [lol] just joking. Ar ar ar ar

[ 09-19-2012, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Ok, mopped my floors...geesh, that chore kicks my bum. Break moment....

Lymetoo... Na, I wasn't kidding. I had not watched Touched by Angel. So, they are re-runs? Well, might en take time and watch an episode this night, again. I shall see. I do have to study, I have Bible class tomorrow and received my reading lesson this morn. I like Tess...she has not much patience LOL. Monica is a sweet angel that loves coffee, but does not know how to make a potof coffee...thats funny.

Eeeeeeek............oh my gosh, a spider sat down beside me. I love Fall but not the spiders. Seems to be more of them, in this season. I actually had to crush him myself! no one is here to do it for me. I think I left a spider leg on my desk.
I think I bruised my knee, jumping up so fast I did not pull my chair out.

Chat later bit, it's past noon already? Unbelieveable(<sp?) You are my spell check Tutu sister in Christ. [Big Grin]

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
[hi]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

[lol] Very funny Payne! very funny. Loved the giggle you gave me. Thank you so much for laughter.
I found this fable about the spider and the fly. I very much enjoyed reading it. Let me find it again, be right back.....

Here we go.... (it's long, but reads fast), I like this one better, not this first one I was going to share...this one be more fun....

It is by Joanne Oppenhein

The Eency Weency Spider went up the waterspout.

Down came the rain and washed the spider out!

Out came the sun and dried up all the rain.

And the Eency Weency Spider went up the spout again.

Oh, Eency Weency Spider, weave your silvery web.

Oh, Eency Weency Spider, spin your silvery thread.

Upsy-downsy outs and ins, see how Eency Weency spins!

The Eency Weency Spider began to spin a bed.

Round and round and up and down, it spun its sticky thread.

Along came a gly who stopped to take a nap.

"HA!" laughed the spider, "I've caught you in my trap!"

The Eency Weency Spider was swinging to and fro.

When he heard a girl cry, "Oh, no! No! No!"

Poor little Miss Muffet had just come out to play.

But the Eency Weency Spider frightened her away!

The Eency Weency Spider went climbing up a wall.

Step by step it climbed and climbed--

that wall was ten feet tall.

There sat Humpty Dumpty on the tippy top.

Till he saw the spider and down he fell KERPLOP!

Little Jackie Horner was eating cherry pie.

He pulled out a spider and hollered, "My, oh my!"

The Eency Weency Spider heard little Jackie cry.

But the Eency Weency Spider never blinked an eye!

The Eency Weency Spider scurried out of sight.

But poor little Jack had quite an awful fright.

That's why Jack was nimble. That's why Jack was quick.

When he saw the spider, he jumped the candlestick!

[ 09-19-2012, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow... haven't thought of Eency Weency spider in YEARS!!! [lol]

Don't worry about my spell-checking you, MDW. I make enough of my own mistakes!!

I am the OLDEST here.. Jesus loved ME first. He's ready to hit BOTH of us for saying that!! [bonk] I'm sorry, Jesus!! We love you and we know you saved all of us and loved all of us when you died on that cross!

I need to start watching Touched by an Angel. I NEED that show in my life again! You will be amazed by all the "stars" who end up on the episodes. Anybody who was "anyone" showed up on that show!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good afternoon God Thought friends,

Lymetoo....I let you be the oldest, I will be somewhere in between.... even though I feel old in the body, my spirit continues to feel like a young girl. Hopscotch anyone? LOL, I would not be able to bend down easily.

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24.

Today has only half begun, we still have another half. I will live this day in the power of the Lord, who makes all things happen.

Have a blessed afternoon family.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Did you know that God loves you as much as he loves Jesus? The proof is that He sent Jesus to die for you!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good afternoon God Thought Family,

Lymetoo...I believe, I believe The Father loves me.

'Believe' reminded me of verses, Mark 9:23-24
And Jesus said to him,"If you can! All things are possible for one who believes." Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!"

Faith in anything the Father has to offer us... if we lack in anything, all we have to do is cry out and ask God to help us with our unbelief. Then grace comes around where we are and helps our unbelief.
Isaiah says in 53:5 says, But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him chastisement that brought peace, and with His stripes we are healed.

Healed...that sounds like a fact to me, not a promise. It says 'are' healed..not past tense. Anyway just rambling thoughts.

Each and everyone, pray you have a healing and blessed day.

Hebrews 11:1-3 Now by faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

I was/am thinking of my God thought family this night. I remember long bit past daisy posted a evening prayer and wished to share with you...

Evening Prayer from Jordan Rubin's book,"The Ultimate Diet"

Father God, I thank you for sustaining me today. I thank You that You are made perfect in my weakness. Your grace is sufficient for me. I thank you that Your steadfast love never ceases and Your mercies are new every morning. You say in Your Word that mourning may come for a night, but the new day will bring gladness. Bless me with a healing night's sleep. Restore unto me the joy of my salvation. Help me to stay on the path that leads to life.

May we have peace and rest knowing that our Father God is looking over us. Good night.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good night!!

I miss Daisy!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning,

Yes, Lymetoo, I miss Daisy on God Thought also. a very wise woman of God. But, I think God has her quite busy since her move to Florida. We can all keep our dear daisy in thoughts and prayers.

Daisy posted a beautiful morning healing prayer past, I wrote it down and this is my prayer to all...

Father God, I thank you for creating me in Your image. I praise You that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I confess that You are the God that heals, my Great Physician. I ask You to heal my body from the top of my head to the soles of my feet. I pray that You would reginerate every bone, joint, tendon, ligament,tissue, organ, and cell of my body. This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Prayer from Jordan Rubins Book, "The Makers Diet"

He IS the ultimate Healer!
[group hug]

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

Good Morning,
Great Morning Prayer thanks for the share.
May Bea, Find Her Rock and The confidance to choose God's Will with Steve and Her Life together - a work in progress. God's Work.
We seldom look at The Lord as WORKING !
[hi]

Be forgiving and forget those things that we hold as grudges and battles won poorly.
look forward and smile God Loves You !
[group hug] [bow]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

MDW005
Member # 22706

When I went to church this last Sunday, A beautiful song was sung by the band. I don't usualy sing, but I could not help but to sing.

Never Once...Matt Redman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e02UNZRsdSQ

He said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Payne...your thoughts on forgiving reminded me of the service I attended. Will try and chat later bit about.....busy appointments to keep.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wish there was a "like" button to click on like there is on facebook.

I'd be clicking on that "like" button all the time here...lol.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

MDW.. I really like that song! Thanks!!

I'm posting it to FB.. and maybe we'll sing it soon at church.

[Smile]

Jesus loves us!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MDW005
Member # 22706

Hey, I am back for a few minutes before I run again...

Payne...I am not going into church....tooo deep right now for me but, I did have a Bible lesson on forgiveness last week.

Peter said in Matthew 18: something, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him?" And then Jesus says, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven."
Geesh, that means always! Let me get a sip of water to help swallow those words down. [lol]

Just wondering, how well does our willingness to extend grace and forgiveness to those who hurt us match Jesus' admonition to forgive others as often as needed?

Ok, hmm, I have another moment.
Amy carmichael once said, "If I have not compassion on my fellow-servent, even as my Lord had pity on me, then I know nothing of Calvary love."

And, when you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.

Have a good night.

--------------------

payne
Member # 26248

church ? payne ?
you are so cool D, not real sure where I got with you and church though..??
But, I can tell you, I would be so proud to have you at arms and walk into any house of the Lord's.
you have such a Powerfull way with Love and Life.
May your weekend be filled with warmth and smiles. [hi]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning Payne,
you make me giggle when I see church, payne. Church is not a pain for me. I so enjoy going when I can.
What I meant was, as I spoke in an earlier post, I went to church and the teaching was on "forgiveness." It was too deep for me to discuss at the time with my God Thought family. Worldly repentance vs. Godly repentance. Still too deep.

I will be going to Illinois soon to take care of my mum, sure could use some prayers for strength and health and wisdom would be nice also. Mum finally gets to come home after being in hospital for almost six months. But, still has long road to go. You know you live in Michiigan. That would be "cool" if we met in the middle and held each other up in arm and arm walking into church together. just don't kick my cane out from under me. [Razz] [lol]
You also have a wonderful weekend filled with smiles and warmth surrounding you.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

God thought family,

Have you heard Plumbs newer song yet? It's called "Need You Now"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnx0NA9X4&feature=related

God please take this. How many times have you heard my cry, how many times have you given me strength just to keep breathing...Oh I need you.

I always need Jesus. Thank you Jesus for always being near. I know you are more than near, Lord. Thank you for always being with me.

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear God thought family,
I've had a particularly hard time coping lately. God sent me just what/who I needed when I needed it most.

The very next morning after an extremely difficult day I woke up to this email from Turning Point. Dr. Jeremiah.

I love all of your posts and our God thought family. Hugs and prayers.

Forewarned Is Forearmed

And the Lord said to [Paul], "Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do."
Acts 22:10b

You've probably heard the expression, "Forewarned is forearmed." It simply means that the more we know about what is coming, the better equipped we will be to handle it.

Likewise, the more we know about life as a whole, the fewer surprises there will be along the way.

Paul forewarned new converts to Christ by telling them; "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22).

Paul knew that all too well. When he got his assignment from Christ to take the Gospel to the Gentiles and their kings, he was also told that he would suffer in the process (Acts 9:16).

But at least he was forewarned and therefore forearmed with the knowledge he would need to depend on the strength of Christ (2 Corinthians 12:7-10). But it's not just apostles who suffer for Christ.

All who are called to follow Him must be ready to share in the "fellowship of His sufferings" (Philippians 3:10). The more we know about our assignment from Christ, the more we can be prepared for the challenges that lie ahead.

How would you define your assignment, or appointment, from Christ? How are you preparing for it?

By suffering God's will, we learn to do God's will.
Thomas Case

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Pocono..... I like what Thomas Case says: "By suffering God's will, we learn to do God's will."

I wrote a short bit back about Paul's Thorn. I even posted it here on God Thought, but then I deleted it. I noticed you posted 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, so I would like to share with you my write.....

If I didn't have lyme disease, where would I be? This is how God brought me to Himself and how He has kept me depending on Him. As I continue to study Paul and the thorn of the flesh: 2 Corinthians 12:7,9 "...a thorn in the flesh was given to me..." "...My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

But how is God's strength made perfect in weakness? Weakness is frowned upon by the world. It is not an admirable quality, but insinuates that a man is unable, inadequate, and powerless. Webster's Dictionary defines weakness as a fault or defect.
John 9:1-3....God gave weakness so "That the works of God should be revealed in him"

Sometimes God's gifts to us take unusual forms; they take the form of pain and suffering. Although this seems like anything but a gift, they are God's ways of bringing about the best for our lives (Romans 8:28). I think of Joseph in the book of Genesis. He was betrayed by his brothers, thrown in a pit, sold as a slave, falsely accused, and imprisoned. But before this all happened, God had given him two dreams (for which he was ridiculed). When Joseph's ordeal began, and continued, it seemed like anything but God's best, but it was God's way of making him the least of the least, a servant and slave, because one day God would fulfill his dreams and he would rise to power as second in command of all of Egypt. Had God not caused these things to happen, Joseph would have been unprepared for the task that God intended for him before time began (Ephesians 2:10). God used "messengers of Satan", both spiritual and human, to bring about the desired results. All of this was God's "gift" to Joseph because it was God's best for his life and ultimately it would bring glory to God.

Our flesh wants to say, "God's grace is the strength to live with the thorn." Yes this is true, but only in part. As I reflect on the thorn given by God to keep Paul humble and utterly dependant, was God's grace to bring about the ultimate good for Paul's life. It is hard to swallow, but God is in control. He is the "captain of our ship". He has written our story from beginning to end (Psalm 139) and He will guide us to His desired haven. Again, in our flesh, we reason that God would never bring hardship or suffering or death for our good. But His Son suffered all of these things. Can we say that the death of Christ was not God's grace toward us? Certainly not! (Check out these verses: James 1:2-4; 1 Peter 1:3-12.)

His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55). We have this promise: Jeremiah 29:11: "I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord, "Plans for good and not for evil; to bring you a future and a hope." One psalm says that "He teaches every man in the way that He chooses". As we've discussed before, the Lord is asking us to trust Him in everything that occurs in our life... He has reasons for allowing them. We may not know why right now, but the day will come when it will all be revealed.

Romans 8:31: " What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

"The best place any Christian can ever be in is to be totally destitute and totally dependedent upon God, and know it." (Alen Redpath)

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW,
Thank you for sharing. You said If I didn't have lyme disease, where would I be? This is how God brought me to Himself and how He has kept me depending on Him.

Exactly the same for me. We are to feel honored as He has chosen us to mold us in His image and to do His work here on earth.

I love so many of the Youtube songs. Often I watch and listen with tears streaming down my face.
I came across this one we can relate to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZRPYlm7Y7k&feature=related

I will try to post again. Almost time for Dr. Jeremiah on TV. Have a blessed day God thought family.

--------------------

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning God Thought Friends,

Just got caught up on all of your posts. Thank you, thank you for sharing! OH, WOW! How wonderful. I have been so encouraged and blessed by each one of you. [group hug]

Missy's update on Gage and how God ministered to her. God knows, God cares...and He wants us to know it. We are so very loved!

Caleb...what a miracle! Thank You Jesus for your ongoing work in Caleb's life!

Tony Melendez playing that guitar with his feet (he has no arms) WOW!

Nick Vujicic, Inspiring video giving hope to the hopeless (Nick has hope in spite of no arms and legs). Incredible!

Seriously, who is like our God???? None even comes close!!!!

This morning I woke with this song on my heart, "There is power in the Name of Jesus to break every chain."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EtyVdC7E6Wo

Jesus, You know the chains that need to be broken...all sufficient Lord, thank You...thank You for binding us to You. [bow]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning God Thought family,

Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I intrust my life. Psalm 143:8

Wow, we have some powerful songs this morning and a powerful Lord.

Pocono... So glad you are here with us on God Thought. Dottie has some beautiful songs she wrote. Did you notice the C.S. Lewis quote? "God whispers to us in our pleasure, He speaks to us in our conscience,but shouts in our pains:"
'Thy will be done.'

Daisy...so wonderful to see and hear you here.
Song you posted, I have listened to several times now. It's just as moving as the first.
A line stood out for me: "There is power, power wonder working power in His name." Did you hear the cracks of thunder!?

Romans 11:36 Everything comes from God alone.
Everything lives by His power,
and everything is for His glory.

Bless day, church time with Andy Stanley. Look forward to his messages also.... This is second part of three...OWNED Some of us are owned by our past regrets and for others it's the uncertainty of the future. whatever owns us, we all want to be set free.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Todays message on being owned was so grand.

W/O nedding a hall pass for our current cicumstances...thats being owned.

Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in NEED...
Apostle Paul has a secret, a powerful secret.
In Philippians 4:11 he says "for I have LEARNED to be content whatever the circumstances."

Paul didn't know, but now I know-- 'I learned' to find contentment. When I was listening to the minister, I was one of those who waited in anticipation... thinking, hurry up just hurry up and tell me the secret. Apostle Paul says in 4:12 I learned the secret. 4:13 I have heard so many times and I was a little disappointed with the answer, I thought it was going to be a new verse I was not familiar with. But, it is a good one and a powerful secret that we may not know. "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

Minister says, "you don't need a plan or a process, you need a person- Jesus."
We can learn to find joy in all circumsatnces. Paul learned. I repeat what daisy says:
"Jesus, You know the chains that need to be broken...all sufficient Lord, thank You...thank You for binding us to You.

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Thank you MDW. I'm so happy when I'm able to be with everyone here. We have an amazing powerful Father.

I did notice the C.S. Lewis quote. Love it.

I am also happy to see Daisy.

I think Dekrator, Lymetoo and Payne must be in church???

I haven't listened/watched Andy Stanley. I don't know why I haven't looked for him. I watch/listen to his father nearly daily.

I hope I remember to find him.
I need to get ready for tomorrow so I'll close with this song.

A blessed week to all and continued prayers for Steve and Bea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwjnbte_OpU&feature=related

--------------------

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

MDW I'm going to the hospital tomorrow for an infusion. Takes about 1/2 day. Thank you for the prayers more than you know.

I will keep you in my prayers as well. Have a safe trip and an enjoyable visit.

I still can't drive or do much of anything for that matter. Tuesday I have an appt also God willing and providing me the strength.

I'm seeing a BHRT doc for the first time. Praying this will help. He thinks I may benefit from Armour Thyroid.

I would love the link to Andy Stanley's online service if it's no trouble for you.

Seibertneurolyme is Bea and her husband is Steve.
Steve is the lyme victim and is currently, last I knew, in critical condition in ICU on a ventilator.

I'm sure your prayers would be appreciated and helpful. The more of us crying out to Him for Steve and Bea, the better.
You are so good with the prayers too.

There are 2 threads in medical. Bea updates as able.

Lymetoo, Dekrator and Payne are over there praying hard with many others. It's beautiful to see our lymenet family working and praying so hard for the Lord's healing of Steve ...

I appreciate everyone here. I wish I were able to post more often but the brain doesn't always cooperate.

MDW, you wrote
Minister says, "you don't need a plan or a process, you need a person- Jesus."
That brought to mind how to make God laugh.
Tell Him your plans.

God bless.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

pocono.....sorry, I deleted my post somehow when I was fixing an incorrect spelled word. Oh well, glad you got the message. Thank you for sharing what you are going through and bea and husband Steve. I will pray.
I got a chuckle out of "telling Him our plans." He would most likely say. "Fine have it your way" [lol]

here is the link for Andy's online service. Another one should be in a couple hours if you are interested in his message for today...It is a different minister today but he's very good.

http://www.northpointonline.tv/

This is the home link, they post past messages you might enjoy and great music.
http://www.northpoint.org/

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a new day, a new month, a new season, past time for a new God Thought Thread. Thank you all for keeping God Thought going. I am one of the many blessed readers. God Bless you all!

Pocono made me chuckle when you said, "to make God laugh. Tell Him your plans." LOL

So many things up in the air for me...I surely want and need God's plans. A verse comes to my mind,

"Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart" (PSALM 37:4). May it be so Father God for me and for all of us on God Thought.

Now on to the new thread.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement