LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I haven't been on here in quite some time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I haven't been on here in quite some time
lymeladyinNY
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all - I haven't posted in awhile. I've been under intensive IV treatment with Dr. J for the past few months. I believe he's saved me from what I consider several years of low-grade meningitis combined with sub- cortical seizures.

I am on heavy duty anti-seizure mess and have gained 15 lbs., but I'm willing to pay that price to feel so much better.

I've been really off-balance and keep falling down or off my bed. One time I fell off a chair I was standing on trying to stop a beeping smoke alarm! I had to go to my regular doctor for that one because I was in terrible pain and thought I'd cracked a rib. I guess I won't do that again!

Well, it feels wonderful to have minimal pain in my spine and the back of my head. Dr. J says he'll never allow me to get as bad as I was when we first started. At that time I was very, very weak and was being spoonfed. I was definitely on the road to heaven back then. My NP wanted me to be admitted to the hospital I was so bad off, and the front desk lady, who I've become friendly with, was crying her eyes out. I told her I'd be okay and not to worry, but it's something to think back and realize how bad things were going.

What hurts is my siblings never call to see how I'm doing - in fact, they never have. I lost my dad last November and I still cry every day for him. My nephew lives in his house now - it seems weird to have to knock to go in.

For those who remember, nothing has changed with Nick's situation, except we have now confronted his caregiver with her heavy smoking. What broke the camel's back was my husband's and my discovery that up to 3 and probably more frequently smoke in the house all at one time. My son is being subjected to all this because LYME DISEASE, that evil monster, makes me too weak to care for him. What I wouldn't give for the lean, strong muscular body I had as a hard-working farm girl!!

Well, that's an update on me for those who remember or care.

- Lymelady

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]

Welcome back and glad to hear that you're doing so much better!

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is great to hear from you and to know you are improving!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEA!!!! This is awesome!!!

sorry I can't type more right now!!

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to 'see' you. I would type more but have to minimize my time online. EMFs bugging me lately.

Hope you continue to improve. God bless!

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymelady. how. awesome.

except for the cigarette smoke [Smile]

wishing you continued improvement. amazing how much better life is when just one major sx is taken out of the equation....yay!

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muscle Car55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you keep improving and will pray for you, just as I do for everyone that has the disease.

Totally know what you're talking when it comes to the spine. I have lower back pain and pretty severe sciatica. Man this disease screws you up!!!

Posts: 267 | From MI | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know any of your story...But am glad you are doing better..It must be so hard not to be able to help son.. Is he in a care home., his home or what ,that would allow this smoke..'

Do you have a husband who can call and get that stopped..Sorry about your dad also...

So your able to go to your Dad's home but a nephew
is there..
Sounds like a story to me

Like one more thing to add to the rest of this.

You're from NY, so I guess you have a good shot at a good LLMD...Hope your son does also

We'll that's enough prying from a stranger..That's going through the Valley also ,right now..
Lord I hope this part of trip is over for awhile, soon..
I could really use a bit of favor and blessing's chasing me down the street..

They probably are, and they just look different than I thought [Wink]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see you finally got the help you needed!

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement