LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Arkansas News Anchor Killed In Car Accident

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arkansas News Anchor Killed In Car Accident
Hambone
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone here from Arkansas?

I was just watching the live streamed funeral service online for Matt Turner, who was a news anchor for KTHV in Little Rock. He was killed in a single car accident Saturday night.

They made mention several times in video tributes and during the service that Matt had a chronic illness, but they never said much more than he was constantly in a lot of pain.

Then the pastor was speaking and talked more about it. He said Matt always hid from everyone how much pain he was in. He had spent several weeks at Mayo Clinic getting tested for everything under the sun, and they could never find a diagnosis. Matt had went to many doctors across the country in search of answers for his pain and mystery illness, to no avail.

The pastor quoted Matt as saying whatever diseases he had, it had ravaged his entire body, his brain and his soul. He would often lie awake at night in terrible pain.

But he hid his illness as best he could while anchoring the news in Little Rock and only his family and close friends knew how much he was suffering.

He was killed in a single car accident this past Saturday night on his way home from work.

I know it's so easy for us to assume every time someone has a mystery illness, it must be Lyme. And I try to shy away from that kind of thinking. But hearing the way they described his pain and suffering ( that only someone with Lyme can recognize ), and then hearing that he sought help from Mayo Clinic to no avail...

I can't help but think this poor man had undiagnosed Lyme Disease. And then I wonder how much his illness and pain may have caused him to crash.

A few weeks before he died ( he was 32 ) he wrote his wife and mother a letter titled "When I Die". He had a feeling he wasn't going to live long because his illness was killing him. But he hid it the best he could from everyone.

Just wondering if anyone here is from the Little Rock area and knows who Matt Turner is. It's a very very sad story of his passing.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't image what it would be like for someone to go thru this madness for years and have no idea why. I don't know why, but I find that the saddest of all.

Sad story hambone. Truly sad.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know about this man, but someone years back, maybe ten, also crashed his car. He had lyme and apparently had a heart attack while driving alone on a nearby interstate highway.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Passing out was my style. Short seizures, too. Glad I stopped driving when it became clear to me that something was wrong, even if dozens of doctors over a dozen years said over and over: "nothing is wrong."

It took decades to be properly diagnosed and I had to go outside of the regular medical system to get help, outside of my insurance plan, for sure.

He (or anyone who is chronically ill) could have had lyme or other tick-borne infections as those are just so ignored by most doctors.

However, there are so many other (stealth) infections of which most doctors are also ignorant.

Add to that all kinds of other medical factors like chemical sensitivities, mold reactions, Rx side-effects, adrenal exhaustion . . . and they have no idea of how to wrap their brains around any of those.

Lyme or not, our corporate medical system is just not set up to help many who need it. It does the opposite for anyone with a complex case.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
With sincere condolences to family & friends who may be reading this thread. Very sorrowful time.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so sad.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is Sooooooooo sad and happens all to often.

My brother was from AR, also died last year not knowing what it was. Tried for long time to get treated until he lost everything. Same stuff , same thought.

Found a couple day's after in apt. He had just moved in and I was begging his disability person to rush his medicare to get him at least on ABX's.

2 weeks later I called to say the system failed,he's dead

Coroner wouldn't do an autopsy, so next day after they found me in Colo. then his ex, 20 minutes ,away from where he was, they cremated him..

Plus he,coroner, had a vacation to go on. I told him he had been very sick, he just mentioned the beer cans in his place and that was all they were going to do except tox screen. Which came out clean. He was only 52.

They said they just don't do autopsies in Rodgers "mam.

At the same, time I was sick and not diagnosed, until 3 month's later. I couldn't lift my head little own go out and help him. So
I would just send money, toliet paper ,(thanks Amazon)whatever and beg him to go to ER. In any of the cities close to Walmart Country.

He said he was so tired of how they treated him and made him feel like a piece of crap ,that was 5 day's before.

When we had him in Denver for a few weeks he did get medical care and hospital, not knowing what he had, but they put him on a few ABX's and pain med. He said it was the only relief he had felt in years.

So obvious lived near a huge lake backed to forrest ,ate deer ,had mold, knocked ticks off he and his dog all the time.

Even his ex was in medical field and wanted to blame everything on him and his ways.

He never had him and his ways before the disease hit.

His symptom's were way to close to mine and others. [rant] [cussing]

There should be some way to connect these stories and so many more and get attention to it all since
Matt had some status ...

They'll probably say it was the heart.....well maybe after Lyme attacked it..

I'm sorry this and another death a couple days ago are just hitting me hard... [shake]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so tragic. Sounds like lyme to me. Makes me wonder if the accident was an accident. Poor soul!!

Mayo would NEVER be able to find Lyme in anyone.

Blessings upon his family and may God rest his soul.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
That is so tragic. Sounds like lyme to me. Makes me wonder if the accident was an accident.

His wife wrote this in her blog:

"I can hardly make sense of what has happened. All we know is that something must have happened to him to cause him to be unconscious because the car behind him said he never hit his brakes as he traveled over 500 feet off the road before hitting a concrete post. The first to his tahoe couldn't get him out but they said he was definitely not awake before his car caught fire."

On another note, a member of a FB Lyme group had several Lyme specific bands show up in her spinal fluid after a spinal tap. She took the results to Mayo Clinic and they said she absolutely did not have Lyme [cussing]

It's criminal. Just absolutely criminal.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement