LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Hello its me!! an update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello its me!! an update
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 10 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone!

Sorry its been awhile since I have interacted. So busy. I miss you all though.

just wanted to let you know that I am still alive and kicking!

still treating mostly bart this year and I have seen improvement.

My back is really bothering me. I need another mri. Hoping soon.

I was planning on getting weight loss surgery and started through the training and education.

I decided not to get it done mostly because I run chronic fevers and I told my PCP that it didnt seem safe since I have so much inflammation and really too sick to proceed. He agreed.

But what I learned stuck with me. To date I have lost 37 pounds and counting!!

YAY! It hasnt been until recently that I really can see it. I have gone down 3 pant sizes. People are starting to notice too!

The good part is my whole way of thinking of food and eating is different. I dont even really feel tortured or deprived. Its just the way I eat now.Hoping to lose atleast 75!
I have been spending time at a horse farm and rescue and it has totally motivated me.

My chest is abnormally large and I am thinking
of a breast reduction. My back and neck are not happy.

I grew up on a horse farm but I stopped riding 15 years ago. The weight came on and then Lyme so I just decided I would never ride again. BUT I have been riding once a week for thelast 4-5! It is so good for my spirit. Its truly therapy.

I am so grateful. however, I did realize last week if I get dumped its going to hurt heck of a lot more than it used to.

LOL
My kids are ok.
My son who is 7 has severe PANDAS. He then tested pos for Lyme and b.duncani [Frown]

He gets IVIG every 8 weeks and on mepron, bactrim and zith.

He is about 80% now.

My baby is now 15 months! can you believe it??@?!?!?

She is doing well. VERY active. Been walking since 9 months and running ever since. kinda like living with a spider monkey. I credit her for some if not all of my weight loss.

she got a tick bite in may. Was on abx.

She has now been having chronic throat infections. The PANDAS doc wants the tonsils out as "they are a problem waiting to happen"

But the ENT understands that but sheis tiny and the risks are high. so she is on multiple abx.

She is 15 months and is going pee on the grownup potty!! She is so smart,

And my 11 year old is growing fast. She had an indeterminate stony brook test, and I amgetting her into some treatment soon.

Finances are still really tough. I hope they will get better.

Things have taken a toll on my marriage. I am hoping it doesnt fall apart, but defintely not what it used to be. Its sad. But I am not going to be miserable.

I hope everyone is making progress and I wish you all a great holiday season!!! I am hoping next year will be better for everyone

XOXO [hi]

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this update. You sound upbeat and positive. YAY!!

Congrats on the weight loss! And your new relationship with food. It sounds like a huge weight off your psyche and not just your waistline!

And the kids have good docs and correct diagnoses. As we all know, that is half the battle. May all of you see continued improvement.

And you are riding and volunteering at a rescue? Merry, animals mean so much to you. I'm glad you are finding nourishment for your spirit and a use for your animal skills.

This post is inspiring to me. I've carved out some time for myself, but can't even figure out how to use it. You forget who you are when Lyme takes over.

It sounds like you are finding yourself again. And experiencing real joy. I'm so proud of you.

As for the marriage, you will find your way no matter what happens.

Much love,
BoxerMom

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news! Thanks for sharing!

Finally beating the weight thing, eh? That is NO Small Accomplishment! Congratulations - I know you can shed that 75!

Your baby girl sounds like a pistol! "spider monkey" indeed! Nice to hear the older kids are doing better too.

If you're worried about your marriage, just wait 'til hubby thinks he's sleeping with a completely different woman! [Smile]

Hang in there!

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melissa...I have been wondering how things were going.

Not able to read your post this am but I'll be back when the brain and vision are doing better.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merrygirl
Such a great post. Thanks for sharing it.
I'm glad you decided against the weight loss surgery. IMHO, it's still in its infancy stages of knowing all the ramifications, and too many stories of how it's not the best way to go. I have several contacts from my own world that will atest to that.

Also, WAY TO GO-- CONGRATULATIONS on the 37 pounds.
[bow]

I'm so proud of you.

This is a common battle for many. Myself included. I did Jenny Craig for a while, but it was really expensive (before I got sick)
Since I got sick, the $$ is non-existant.

My PCP recommended a "diet" called "The Eat-Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno. I highly recommend that for everyone, no matter what their weight circumstances are.

The book is highly entertaining to read and very informative and motivational. I put "diet" in quotations bc it's really not a "diet" the way we think of the word usually. It's all just plain common sense really but explained in a great way.

My honey found it on the 'net for $4

Also, about the breast reduction thoughts. I too have many contacts in my world that have done that surgery.

NONE of them have regretted getting it done.

Perhaps other LymeNet folk could offer their input as well on that note.

The unfortunate endowment in this case takes a huge toll on the back.

And as my dad used to always say, "Take care of your back and your feet, and you will always be healthy." (Navy training during WWII)
And that was way before chiropractic was a household word.

When you are feeling better, your world will be better, including your hubby. And I agree with AuntyLynn, hubby might just remember what a great gal he's got with you feeling better.

All of us know this common tale, though. I think it's something to do with human nature. We just naturally want to avoid unpleasant circumstances. And a chronic health issue leaves us unfortunately, having to do EXTRA work to maintain relationships. It's not easy business.

We somehow think that our loved ones.. being the healthy ones.. should pick up the slack somehow and be the hero. I'm learning the hard lesson that that is just a fairy tale. Real world is not like that.

I try to do my best to take care of myself and avoid as much collateral damage as possible. I have a hope that once health begins to come again, that we can be ourselves again.

I hope you can keep up your volunteer work and do those things for yourself. It's such a wonderful thing.

Hugs
[group hug]
KW

--------------------
KentuckyWoman
tired of medical run-arounds

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~ ~ Robert Frost

Posts: 221 | From Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Finally able to read this. So good to hear you are able to be around horses again and ride.

yahoo!

3 sizes decrease....cool.

Ok I know there was more but brain is fading fast.

Take care of you.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the positive feedback. I am finding myself again. its strange.

I weighed my self this am and I am down 40!

I decided I dont want to look back and say I wish I did that. I am just going to do it. lyme took 5 1/2 years away. its still not easy, but I realize I just gave up.

I also had a realization last night. my husband has been neglected those 5 1/2 years. its not all his fault. time to change some things!

The horses, wow it just fills me with joy. these are animals who would have went to slaughter. they appreciate every moment.

funny story. the first time I rode, I went to dismount. I cant feel my feet too well, so when they hit the grpund I landed on my big butt. lol

I have learned to take my feet out of the stirrups to get some circulation back in and that seems to help. I remember the days I used to jump on and off like it was nothing. I really thought it would be a year longer before I would ride, so I am thrilled. the best therapy ever!

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so happy you can ride. I am not there yet and have three quarterhorses. Very therapeutic to be near these magnificent animals!

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO nice to hear an update from you and to hear you so upbeat! Keep your spirits up! Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone. Xo

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement