LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » we are getting way too much heavy SNOW!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: we are getting way too much heavy SNOW!
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there has got to be close to 10 inches and it is really heavy. i went out 2 hrs ago to clear off the vinyl garage roof...it was slippery so easy...but getting my arm above my head is still not good for me i think

im going to have to go out again in an hr or i wont be able to do it

the roof is not shedding the snow at all...i think it is 33 degrees...i wish it would rain and melt it or blow it off the roof and trees...and wires...but too much of either will be bad news.

im so spoiled. i wanna stay warm and not lose power!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UGH!!! Please do not overdo it!! Dang!!

I'll keep praying for you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive been out twice now and have to go out again...and i dont want to!

my little camper is lightweight and i am not supposed to let it have much snow on it and there is over a foot now...

still have power...i shouldnt complain!

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scary!! Be safe!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Do you still have power?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

yes...so far. we got 14 inches...highest i saw in state..not much wind...fingers crossed

--------------------

daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right there with you Ipkayak! Midwest just got hit again last night.

My husband's out of town and I have no idea how I'm going to get out of my driveway if they call us in tomorrow (luckily got the day off today).

Thinking about trying to hire someone to come shovel. I got so exhausted just walking a path to my car. Uggh. Times like these shows me how alone I really am.

But I still have power and plenty of coffee, so it could be worse!

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

hi daynise...i have friends in SE KS and have seen the storms on tv...and the roof collapses! we are supposed to be used to this...you guys are not supposed to get it.

we have another 8" of wet snow tomorrow and my roof is not pitched enough so i have to rake it. i just did what i could-ive done a little the last 3 days since the last storm---i am just so tired...i cant do any more.

i do pay a plow guy but i have to do the roof my self and keep doors clear and vents etc

I AM SOOOO READY FOR SPRING!!!

but like you..if i have coffee and power...im ok.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Can't you call someone else WHO WILL DO THE ROOF??

I'm so sorry you guys are getting hit so hard!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry you have to do your roof! That is so hard. Please take care of yourself and stay warm.

This is so rough without my husband here to help! I did 3 steps and started having tremors. Then had a small seizure. Not supposed to be doing anything aerobic right now but what could i do?

Finally, my husband called his parents and my elderly father in law came and used his truck to break the snow in front of the driveway that they'd plowed up.

I have literally been sobbing all day. Looked for someone to hire to shovel on Craigslist but they all wanted cash so couldn't do it.

Then got called names on Facebook when I posted a thank you to my father in law.

Uggh. What a crap week all around.

But roof is good here and still have power, so gotta be grateful for that!

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

i did find a boy the last time...i had to pick him up, he came without gloves, he worked 20 min and wanted to stop cuz it was raining...i knoe it was raining...thats why i needed the snow off the roof.

tonihgt on the news they said "get out if you hear creaking" --- i hear creaking all the time and tell myslef not to worry

but i did clean off the roof over the kitchen all the way and i will put a recliner in there and sleep there...the worst of it will come in the daylight tomorrow

and then it will be spring.....

--------------------

Tricky Tickey
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you guys have it rough there. Hang in there. I though we had it bad in the south with all the tornadoes, thunderstorms, hail and such. But that much snow takes the taco, honey! Stay safe.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

quote:
Originally posted by Tricky Tickey:
But that much snow takes the taco, honey! Stay safe.

LOLL! That's funny! I like that saying!

Ipkayak, do you have somewhere safe to go if that creaking turns bad on you?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

and then it will be spring.....

-
Yes, it will!!

--that Arkie is a funny chick, alright! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought of you kayak as I was channel surfing. They were showing roofs caving in due ot too much snow.

I can't recall the exact details but it was like having one foot oof snow on your roof was like having 6 cars parked on the roof as far as pounds per inch.

Steep roofs were best as they helped the snow slide off.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

yes kam...that is right. ppl dont understand the difference between light fluffy snow and heavy wet snow and what rain on them can do...my brother and some neighbors think i am over=reacting...but i have a very flat roof...even if it is a pitched roof and i have places where roof lines come together and the snow just piles up there...then when it slides off..if it hits you it can kill you or demolish a car...google that!

so i try to clear where my car goes in and out and where the gas man and i have to go out to back yard.

that place is close to kitchen roof so i do that and im pretty sure that part wont collapse--i can sleep there and i can get out door to car...

so dayniese...i feel pretty safe in the kitchen...then there is the camper...but it is made of fiberglass so has to be cleared off too...and my neighbors are always invingn me...but they have the dog that attacked etta...and i really like my privacy...so i dont want to do that unless it is a real emergency

tricky...this is ruff in someways but cuz i grew up here i know what to do...and now i know when i have to hire someone to do it. i have a regular plow guy now and i NEVER had one in the past.

but to me the south and midwest are so scarey with the tornados...even if you see one you dont know what to do-where it will go...

if i lived there i know i would need a little underground place to go...but i have pretty much decided not to travel to friends and realtive s in FL cuz you just never know when one will get you!!! even in february!!! there is no safe time.

yet i know ppl who have lived in tornado alley their whole life and never seen one...tornadoes are scarey to me...

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

this is exactly what my house looks like and what is happeneing---i have metal roof too...and in some places gutters---and that is about the amount of snow i had last storm - and etta barks like that every time it happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btDCdBPmbAU

my house isnt this tall of course...but this is why i rake the carport:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLReIHrlakE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbPC3-OGuvg

ENOUGH OF THIS!!! I NEED TO GET READY FOR MY MRI...IT HAS BEEN RAINING AND MELTING SNOW SINCE I WOKE UP...YEA!!!
TY...TY...TY!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That car was something else!

Hope your snow slides off soon!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i'm addicted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZLkUwreEDE

i hope the dog was ok....

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement