LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Update On Hospital Post

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update On Hospital Post
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone...I met with my loved ones (well many of them) today to discuss the hospital issue again. We have decided collectively to not pursue a hospital route. I made an appointment with an alleged gastroparesis expert nutritionist tmrw at a local health center.

My loved ones are concerned mainly that I am giving up the fight. I explained to them that if they had been dealing with years of unrelenting illness they might be depressed and/or hopeless as well.

They seemed to understand, and so this is the new plan. I also agreed to see a new lyme dr and asked my former LLMD today to do me a favor and to please get me into this dr ASAP and I now have an appointment scheduled to see this dr in 6 weeks.

I do not think anything will necessarily come of this that is positive...I think I will always be this sick but I love my fella and my papa and my friends too much to not try to keep going. Thanks for the supportive comments and PMs. Jess

Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for didogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that is a great plan Jess! glad to see you moving forward. It is hard sometimes not to give up-I have certainly had those moments myself. But, as you said, you have your hubby, dad, friends. And YOU are worth it! Keep fighting.
Posts: 238 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so very much! It means a lot. Jess
Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow a gastroparesis expert nutritionist right at a local health center, that's amazing! I'm glad your former LLMD could help get you into see someone else. Kinda shocked he didn't do this before. 6 weeks...I'm surprised he couldn't get you seen earlier. Might want to call and check for cancellations. That's what I did.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least your still able to work.. Many of us arent.. Youre lucky you have a support system as well..

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Ellen..yes, her name is Loreann and she apparently is very good. My papa has secretly been researching this for a week haha. He got her name from a friend of his who works at the nearby hospital. She works at an outpatient hospital affiliated center.

My LLMD was able to get me in pretty quick actually. This dr has a 7 month waiting list, so 6 weeks isn't that bad considering.

Luly, I work from home as an editor. I could never do a 9 to 5 job at an office. Thanks I am lucky to be loved. Jess

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am glad that there is finally a plan!!

I can totally understand your dad, hubby and friend's concern and I think they were correct in confronting you. You needed a meeting like that to get you into gear.

The path you were on - no TPN, very limited diet/eating, being "done" with docs, etc. was not a good one. When loved ones see this firsthand, they can take it up to a point and then they are compelled to take action. I would do the same.

I am not surprised at all to hear that your dad was working behind the scenes on this. Good for him!

The thing that concerns me is your last statement:
"I do not think anything will necessarily come of this that is positive...I think I will always be this sick but I love my fella and my papa and my friends too much to not try to keep going."

You also have to learn to love and appreciate yourself. You have to "try to keep going" for YOUR own sake, not theirs. Own that one, Jess.

I also think you need to find a way to stay optimistic/hopeful. I think a LL therapist could really help you with all of this.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

THANK YOU Beaches!! You are the best. XOXO Jess
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lulu, not sure why you posted the same reply twice?? Yes, Jess is lucky to have a support system, as many do not. But she herself has stated that multiple times. As for her being able to work, as she said, it's work from home that is manageable (and from what I gather, is very part time).

The focus here is on what needs to be done to secure health and obtain necessary nutrition, not on whether or not someone can still work or how "lucky" one is to have supportive people in one's life.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Hi Jess, I can't tell you how relieved I am that you are moving forward. This is very, very good news.

Please reread all the good advice you've received from so many here on various threads as you navigate future treatment.

You can do this and you can get better! Stay strong and believe that! xoxo

lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beaches, im not sure what youre talking about.. This forum is to offer support. There is no need to criticize my opinion. Please try to stay positive.

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just my two cents - let's keep the focus on Jessica's medical move forward, and not fight amongst ourselves on the board, ok? All of us are dealing the best we can with the various situations we've been dealt -

Jessica, we can never know what an outcome is going to be, so I advise staying neutral - not judging it before you try -

People at our support group have often come to it very sick, and then with the right kind of treatment for them, they turn around and get better.

With a dad, a husband and a good friend supporting you in this, you're in a good position to get somewhere.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Thanks Beaches again. And thank you Robin! Jess.
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beaches:
lulu, not sure why you posted the same reply twice?? Yes, Jess is lucky to have a support system, as many do not. But she herself has stated that multiple times. As for her being able to work, as she said, it's work from home that is manageable (and from what I gather, is very part time).

The focus here is on what needs to be done to secure health and obtain necessary nutrition, not on whether or not someone can still work or how "lucky" one is to have supportive people in one's life.

Sometimes the post gets put on twice. I have had that happen to some of my replies.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think lululymemom was offering perspective to jess.

At times when I get caught up in my own struggle, it helps to know that others have had it worse and come out on the other side.

The fact that jess is able to use her brain to work even 1 hour at home, is AMAZING.

Heck, I couldn't do that and I am not malnourished and lacking nutrients. So that's a kudos to jess for being able to do what so many on lymenet cannot do due to cognitive difficulties, brain fog and shear weakness.

Also, the fact that she has a strong support system bodes well for her ability to recover as studies show that people with support live longer in general.

We all have lyme on this board. We are all allowed to post our form of support for other members.

[ 03-27-2013, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: lax mom ]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

LAX mom, hi there. Thanks for the kind words about my working and my support system. I am indeed lucky. Jess
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S. jess, I'm glad you have a plan to help you get your health back.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Thank you lax mom, that is exactly what i meant..
Ellen youre right they do get posted in duplicate sometimes and i try to correct that as soon as i notice..

--------------------

31 Epitope test neg.

lax mom
Member # 38743

P.S #2: don't underestimate the power of sheer will and determination. It sounds like that's how jess, you've been able to work, etc these past few months...that also bodes well for your recovery.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jess! I'm so glad to hear there's a plan in place. Good luck at your appointment today!!!
Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news! Hang in there and keep fighting. Try to stay hopeful. Remember: "hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, an no good thing really dies." (Shawshank redemption). [Smile]

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Thank you so very much everyone! Jess
beaches
Member # 38251

Jess how did it go?
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement