LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Great newspaper article today - "Chronic Lyme Disease: Is it Real?"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great newspaper article today - "Chronic Lyme Disease: Is it Real?"
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20130519/NEWS01/305190007/Chronic-Lyme-disease-real-
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fourwinds
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fourwinds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was linked to the article .... such liars....

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/Interactive/lyme_ties/

Posts: 396 | From EAPennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here is more on the Freedom of Information request:

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20130519/NEWS01/305190058/Lyme-emails-request-took-five-years-officials-blame-scope-and-fee-waiver

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting Poppy! Here are the links that work together for the whole story.

CDC/NIH Scandal

Mary Beth Pfeiffer of the Poughkeepsie Journal just published a major expose on CDC/NIH ethics concerns:

Chronic Lyme disease: Is it real?
http://www.pojonews.co/YSC95G

Lyme emails request took five years; officials blame scope and fee waiver
http://pojonews.co/12mlx58

View the CDC FOIA emails here, by clicking on the red text:
http://pojonews.co/189JjW3

Please feel free to share this information.

PS. If, and only if, you have difficulty (like me, my eyes and my server) reading the article broken down into 9 pages (plus)- here is a link to all of it on one page. I lose my train of thought waiting for the server to change so many pages and have to try to go back and forth- making it almost impossible to follow.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/idsa-panel-review/chronic-lyme-real

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I finally understand why it is always the same names over and over in published articles who deny chronic Lyme disease. They are quite a close knit group. They use the same old study over and over that wasn't even well designed in the first place. And I am shocked that they are so afraid of patient advocacy groups. If they really believed they were right they wouldn't be afraid that we could prove them wrong.
Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OptiMisTick
Member # 399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OptiMisTick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 09-20-2013, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: OptiMisTick ]

Posts: 1338 | From Above the Clouds | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disgusting. People are dying and it doesn't even matter to them.

Like Dr J in UOS said: Eventually the question is gonna be: "What did you know and when did you know it"

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

It is infuriating to see them "diss" the ILADS guidelines as not being evidence based when the IDSA guidelines are the worst in this regard. They cite their own articles, they cite articles that contain contrary views and don't mention that fact. These are the most disgusting lying bunch. All along I wondered if it was criminal incompetence or just plain criminal behavior, and it is the latter. No one could keep up this charade for so long and not know they were wrong.

Reading those emails makes me want to barf.

OptiMisTick
Member # 399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OptiMisTick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to the email in the Story, copy and paste it into WORD. Then magnify it by clikcing on a corner and make it bigger.

Then read who all is on the copy list.

From the variuos different agencies and groups.

There is a word for it but I will not print it.

Posts: 1338 | From Above the Clouds | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a true believer in this.............

Every DOG has his day. Their day will come and I think it's coming sooner rather than later.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Can't figure out how to copy the list of recipient and cc's, so here is a link to one of the email copies. No surprises in the list. Same old gang of thieves:

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/Interactive/lyme_ties/baker_wormser.pdf

Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This topic is actually being discussed in several different threads at once here.

I think it's very significant that the authorities kept Kris Newby of Under Our Skin waiting a full 5 years before completing a FOIA request that should have been completed in a few weeks by law.

As much as people here find the email exchanges shocking, I would like to suggest that those emails are highly "sanitised", and that it took 5 years because they had to check every one of the 3000 emails, censor and alter text where necessary so as not to reveal too much.

It is not a matter of checking them for doctors' personal info - home telephone numbers etc - that could have been done in a matter of days by simply sending all the emails back to the original authors so they could ensure any of their own personal info was whited out.

Instead CDC actually admit to whiting out whole swathes of the correspondence - with no convincing explanation as to why.

Elena

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement