LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » 1/19** Please Pray, Update, Mom's CT found a new spot! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 1/19** Please Pray, Update, Mom's CT found a new spot!
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friends,

I cannot stop crying. I just found out today that my mom has pancreatic cancer.

She has a tumor larger than a tennis ball. This is the same kind of cancer that killed Steve Jobs.

I'm in shock, so sad and scared. I don't want to lose my mom.

She's my best friend. And my biggest help. All we have is each other.

So will you please pray with me that she will beat the odds, that God will grant a miracle and heal her.

Will you pray for me to that I will get better so that I can support and help her more. That God would bless us and provide for us all that we need.

I know I've asked for so much, I am ever so grateful. Words can't express how much your support and prayers mean to me. Thanks so much.

[ 01-19-2015, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: sammy ]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy...I am so sorry about this turn of events for you and your beloved mom. Praying for you and your mom is not a hurden...ask away...there are many here with helping hearts...we will surround you with prayer.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart is broken, sammy! I'm so sorry to hear about this latest challenge. [Frown]

We will pray and we will pray hard. May the Lord grant you both PEACE in your hearts.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, I am so very sorry. I wish there was something I could do or say.

You must be strong. Be there for her.

I grieve for both of you.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my goodness......I cannot even imagine....Prayers and best wishes to you and your dear Mom. DW
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, I'm so sorry to hear this and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care. [group hug]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry Sammy, sending prayers...
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you and your mom, Sammy.

Praying as hard as I can.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, I'm sorry to hear this sad news, sending lots of prayers.

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy dear,

I am so sorry to hear this news about your dear Mom.

I will pray for both of you for sure!!

Here is some important information about natural methods that may help. I think we should never underestimate the power of all the natural plants, etc that God put here on the earth with us.

And most of all, never underestimate the power of prayer.

May God comfort you both, and give you all the hope and strength that you need.

Love and hugs to you!!!

http://www.naturalnews.com/042609_mistletoe_extract_pancreatic_cancer_survival_time.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/033992_turmeric_pancreatic_cancer.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/042853_nigella_sativa_cancer_prevention.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/023348_cancer_herb_pancreatic.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/039583_bitter_melon_pancreatic_cancer_cytotoxicity.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/039126_vitamin_c_chemotherapy_pancreatic_cancer.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/040444_chinese_medicine_herbs_cancer.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/038624_graviola_cancer_study_breast.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/024409_resveratrol_cancer_pancreatic.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/023163_cancer_Oleander_pancreatic.html

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sammy, dear sammy, this is beyond what anyone should have to bear on top of everything else!!

I will call you tomorrow. There is a lot that can be done to try to turn this around.

I am praying and sending love for both of you.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gosh, sammy I am so sorry that you and your mom are going through this.

I am praying for both of you.
[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, you've already endured too much as it is. I will pray for healing for both you and your mom. [group hug]
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh terrible news. Don't lose hope!

Big hugs and lotsa love for both of you!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't ever give up. Sammy you will be there for your mom. You guys can share a couch and recover together. This is my prayer for you.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Sammy - sorry to hear this.

You and your mom have been in my prayers - and I will continue to pray for you both.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asking the Lord to give you strength, peace and awareness of Him...and the grace to persevere as a child of the Most High.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A prayer we can all pray.

From God's Help For Your Every Need

I Need healing

God of Mercy,

It is good to live in a time and place where advanced medical practice and innovation can treat so many illnesses and injuries.

Our doctors are so good that we sometimes forget to rely on You, to turn to You as our Great Physician.

You know the medical condition I am facing right now.

I come to You in desperation and need. I need a miracle. I know that through the suffering of Jesus we receive salvation, but all works of grace come from His sacrifice, including healing--- by His stripes we are healed.

In the name of Jesus, with all the faith within me---and it feels like the size of a mustard seed right now---I ask that You heal me. You bring sight to the blind, You make the lame to walk, and You can bring healing to me.

I pray that in this time of intense need and crisis I will learn lessons of faith, dependence, trust, and praise in all circumstances.

In Jesus' name.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends upon the type of pancreatic cancer. I have two friends who have the kind that you can live a long time with.

One has made it for 15+ years and she is doing well!! The other one was just recently diagnosed. She is back at work!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.thehempire.com/index.php/cannabis/news/cannabinoids_halt_pancreatic_cancer_breast_cancer_growth_studies_say

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2010/09/02/more-details-on-medical-marijuana-for-cancer/

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy, I am so very sorry to hear this. You and your mom continue to be in my prayers. I pray for miracles and healing for both of you.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, the only way is to take every day a a time. Good thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your love, encouragement, and prayers.

My mom has a doctor appt tomorrow to find out more about her cancer diagnosis. She will learn the staging, type, etc, and if it is too large to surgically remove as is.

She also needs to talk with the doctor about getting a referral to a larger medical center at a nearby city for specialized treatment.

Thank you for your support, things have been unspeakably rough over these past few days so having you all here for us means the world right now.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy, thank you for the update. I am praying that your mom gets the best possible news tomorrow. I continue to pray for you and your family. You have been through so very much.

Let us know how things go when you are able.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

I too, am glad to hear from you Sammy. The Lord brings you to my mind a lot...I pray for you and your mom...I can not imagine your struggles.

I pray you and your mom can get some rest and that His peace will invade you.

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, sammy, I pray that you and your mom will receive good news in your appointment tomorrow. I am thinking about you both and praying for you. Sorry I haven't called yet!

xoxo

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 11 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still praying for you and your dear Mom, sammy!

Love to you both!!!

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Keep us posted. We are all still praying.

Love ya! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for being here for us.

My mom had her appt today, found out that the tumor has metastasized to her lymph nodes. It is an aggressive type that likes to travel to the liver and bones too so the doctor wants it out ASAP.

The doc paged the surgeon and she will have an appt soon to discuss surgery to remove the tumor. The surgery will happen before Christmas.

The doc will also arrange an oncologist appt and pain management doc to follow her after the surgery.

Friends, I'm scared.

I'm trying to believe and be strong for my mom but it's hard. It's just the two of us and we feel acutely alone here.

Thank you, because of you I know I'm not alone.

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy,
we all hope she pulls through like a trooper..
i havent looked up the rate of good out comes here and I won't...
IT IS JUST GONNA BE !! GOOD thats all,
and we thank you Father in knowing its gonna be done His Way..
God is Good and Good is GOD..
\o/

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

That's right Sammy...you aren't alone...we are here talking to the Lord for you and your mom. I will ask the Lord to do something right where you are at so you don't feel so alone.

So sorry you are scared...I am no stranger to fear and I know how you feel...I will ask the Lord to give you a calm heart and mind.

We are here for you.

momindeep
Member # 7618

I will also ask the Lord to send angels to minister to you and your mom tonight.
Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, imagine us all giving you and your mom a big hug! We are all with you and your mom in spirit.

I hope all of her appointments go well and that her surgery is successful. Prayers continue.

I can see the angels (that momindeep mentioned) surrounding you and your mom with protective love.

payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Heavenly Father, please grant perfect peace, hope, healing and strength to sammy and her dear Mother.

Fill up all their loneliness with Your love, comfort them, and replace their fear with trust in Your perfect plan.

Please provide all that they need during this time of great trials.

Reveal yourself to both of them, O Lord, and hold them close to You at all times.

I pray in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Love and hugs, sammy!!!

--------------------

mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
you should check with natural doc/nurse. Triphala is suppose to help with that.

My prayers wigh yoh guys.

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry, Sammy. Sending prayers your way. It sounds like you and your mom are very close. Your love and support must be so very precious to your mom right now. Praying for you both. [group hug]
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sammy. I'm so very sorry. I just wanted to let you know I've been including you in my nightly prayers. I actually was prior to seeing this post, but especially now. I don't know what else to say... Hugs.

Hang in there and God Bless.

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Today I am hopeful that there will be some joy in your day and your mom's. Praying for you to be able to hold on tight to the Father.
payne
Member # 26248

sammy sit still and Let The Spirit work, calming and Peace upon you and your Family, Be in the Hands of Our Father, see the path you need to follow in treatment and family.. layed out before you.. Trust your self. Believe in your self.. in finding the open doors and windows to all things ... All THINGS. keep your eye on Jesus. you are loved.. and arise.

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

sammy,

I was looking, but didn't see your update until tonight.

Lord have mercy! You have a lot of people praying here for both of you. Please also tell your church, family, and friends to do so, also (you probably already have).

There is so much that can be done in addition to the surgery, etc. We will talk.

I am sending lots of love and prayers to both of you. Please tell her for me. She is such a dear, dear soul, who has supported you through thick and thin. May you both be surrounded with God's love and light.

momindeep
Member # 7618

Thinking of you Sammy.
Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, how are things going? Please let us know when you can.
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Praying for you and your Mom this morning, sammy.

May you both feel the love and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

I will pray in agreement with Dekrator.
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, where is here? Maybe there are some people to help you and giving you some support, someone to talk to during this hard time.

Are you a member of a Lyme support group in your area? Don't forget to call on Hospice. They are not just for the dying, they are for the living and making it through the hard times of life.

Please be sure to call them or ask the doctor to call them in.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life+Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life+Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you big time, Sammy!! I'm so terribly sorry to hear about this, and I will be praying that they can eradicate the cancer or hold it at bay to give y'all more time together.

I'm praying for your mom's healing, your healing, for comfort for both of you through all the procedures and surgeries, for peace as the fear and uncertainty loom, and for you both to feel the love from those around you.

You are not alone!! Hugs!!

--------------------
You name it, I've got it.
Full-time medical anomaly.

Posts: 432 | From Southeast | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you and your mom, Sammy
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, prayers continue for you and your mom!
momindeep
Member # 7618

Yup...I'm still on board too!
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Me too!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

payne
Member # 26248

Lamentations 3:22-23

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;

his mercies never come to an end;

they are new every morning;

great is your faithfulness.

Sammy Recieve ! [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Prayers for you and your Mom, sammy.

May you feel the absolute love, comfort, peace and hope of God as we celebrate the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ this week.

Big hugs!!!

--------------------

sammy
Member # 13952

Merry Christmas friends!

Last week was busy for us. Mom saw her oncologist and her surgeon.

She has neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer stage 2b. It does not respond well to chemo so must be surgically removed for best survival chances.

Mom needs another test to see if a spot on her liver is cancer too. She will have a filter put in before surgery to prevent blood clots from traveling from her legs to her lungs.

The surgery will be ASAP in Jan. it will be extensive as they have to remove a large portion of the tail of her pancreas, her spleen, and her lymph nodes. She will be in the hospital for several days (5-7).

Surgery is extra risky as she still has the pulmonary embolisms and the clotting disorder along with an atrial aneurism.

It all feels overwhelming to think about. I'm not doing well trusting others to care for my mom. She's my best friend.

I'm also worried that I will not be able to take good enough care of her afterwards as I can barely care for myself. I'm trying to have faith.

Thank you friends for sticking with me through this. It means the world to me.

Bless you!!!

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy. Please know I am thinking and praying for both of you. If there is anything you need please let me know.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Thanks for taking the time to bring us up to speed Sammy.Our prayers continue for you sweet girl...and your mom too. Sounds like she is getting sterling care.

Hope your mind and body can rest...just know we are all here for you. Hope that Christ's birth gently reminds you just how much you mean to Him.

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, I am praying that the cancer has not spread and that your mom's surgery and recovery go well.

You must be so exhausted and worried. Please know that we all continue to pray for you and your mom. Do you have friends who could help you out with her care?

Your mom is very lucky to have your support.

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is so important to have someone helping with your care when ill. Your Mom is so blessed to have you at her side.

How precious to have each other's as BFF's!

I will be praying for God's healing hand upon both of you.

Enjoy the time together tomorrow!

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

sammy:

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of your mom and of you, Sammy. Love and healing wishes for your mom's surgery.
[group hug] [hi] [kiss]

Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sammy... if she has to have pancreatic cancer, that is the BEST kind to have!!! The survival rate is VERY GOOD!

I have a friend who had that surgery 17 yrs ago and is doing well. She takes really good care of herself.

I have another friend who just went thru the surgery less than 2 months ago. She's doing well!

I hope that gives you HOPE!!!

I prayed for you tonight at church and I pray for you and your mom every chance I get!! TAKE CARE and keep up the hope!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

sammy, I'm so glad to finally have an update again.

Lymetoo, that is very hopeful!

sammy, can your sister come and help out some? I know she has her baby/toddler to care for, and she lives at a distance. But it sounds like she will really be needed, unless there is someone from church, or someone else who can help out.

I pray that the tests and the surgery go really well, and that you have more answers soon, too.

Please, please find someone to help besides yourself. YOU need care, too! Don't let your own care go down while taking care of your mom.

Have a blessed Christmas with your dear mom. This is precious time together.

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please be good to yourself in any way you can at this difficult time. Reaching out to your sister sounds like a good idea.

Have a blessed and peaceful Christmas with your beloved mother.

Sending prayers and hugs for successful surgery and good recovery, Sammy. [group hug]

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Praying for you and your Mom for a good surgery outcome, long and healthy lives, strength, and total peace.

Love to you!!!

--------------------

Sammi
Member # 110

Lymetoo, thank you SO much for sharing this! It gives great hope!

I am happy your friends are doing well.

Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, sending prayers to your mom. Has anyone mentioned trying low dose naltrexone? Some with cancer have had amazing results. http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/ldn_and_cancer.htm
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Sadly, my sister does not want to be involved. She has her own life now. (She stays home and takes care of the baby).

When my mom was in the hospital with the pulmonary embolisms, she called my sister, asking them to please come with the baby (16mo) to visit. Mom was very scared and didn't know if she was going to make it through at that point because her diagnosis was life threatening.

My sister simply said "no".

She never comes to visit us. If we want to see her and the baby, we have to go there. She knows we will come. Which she also knows is exhausting for me.

At Christmas, they did not ask either of us how we are doing, or what's going on, or if we needed help, or prayer, or anything.

They talked in great length about how they are helping a friend who had a baby, bringing her meals and stuff. That they've been taking care of some children of a family whose husband had a concussion and is now possibly being diagnosed with cancer. How horrible that is!!!

And yet, no comfort for my mom going through the very thing that they fear for their church friend. It's like they are blind. I wanted to shake them.

I don't know what my sister is thinking but it breaks my heart. She didn't want to spend time with us and it was clear. She just wanted presents and she wanted her Christmas obligation to be over.

It breaks my heart because I don't know how to fix it. I love her terribly.

randibear
Member # 11290

Sammy. I dont know if you read my post about my family but my two sisters are having to live with their regrets. They never visited mom or did anything for her. I would fly up from texas which isnt cheap and take care of her.

My advice...leave your sister to her life. You have enough on your plate. Obviously she doesnt care.

But one day she will and it will be too late.

Cruel I know but you need to concentrate on your mom.

I wish you much love and support. Believe me ive been there.

--------------------

Sammi
Member # 110

sammy, it is heartbreaking the way your sister is acting and very hard to understand. It is sad, but right now you and your mom need positive support.

Do you have any friends, other family members, or people from church who could help out? Do you know if there are any cancer support groups in the area? These are usually great places for help of all kinds.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

sammy,

I understand family issues all too well and how we would like to fix them, but we can't.

We should pray unceasingly and allow God to work.

He is the only one who can change people.

As Sammi wrote above, it would be good to look into caring community members who would be willing to help you and your Mom in any possible way.

Continuing to pray for you, your Mom and also your sister.

[group hug]

--------------------

poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about your sister. Don't know if it is any comfort, but this is not rare. Relatives go off on foreign mission trips, but can't inquire about illnesses in their own kin. Inventing things to be mad about so as to create distance, and no obligation to care about sick relatives. Taking care of in laws, friends, ignoring kin. The list goes on and on. If you go to support group meetings, you might hear a few stories, but most patients are embarrassed to admit their families won't help. People might think it was their own fault. That is, people who don't have lyme. We do understand, however.

Makes a person very disillusioned about human nature.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Oh, sammy, this is heart-breaking on top of everything else!!! I know how much your sister and niece have meant to you. What a slap in the face.

I've been through the same thing personally with my brothers. They can't be bothered to ask how I am, reach out to me, care anything about what I am going through, etc. This has been true my entire adult life.

People, family especially, often act out in their own selfish, uncomprehending ways, that are unbelievably difficult to understand and endure.

I am so sorry to hear about this cruel situation on top of everything else both you and your mom are enduring.

For now, if I were you, I would ignore your sister, as you have enough to do to be there for your mom and yourself.

But please, please reach out to friends, church members, support groups, anywhere else you can find. Also, look into whether a nurse, social worker, etc. can be paid for by Medicare or insurance, Medicaid, whatever. You are not made of steel!! Far from it.

Please don't let your own care go down in this most difficult situation. It is really heart-breaking. As if you haven't had enough heart-break already.

I wish that I had the power to come there and do something myself. Since I can't, what I can do is send love and prayers.

And if you can ask any church members support group members, etc. to help to figure out if some help can be covered or volunteered, please do so. You can only do so much, before you break yourself.

Love and prayers to both of you. May God's love surround and comfort both of you in your time of need.

momindeep
Member # 7618

Sammy...I will ask the Lord to send you some reliable help that you are comfortable with.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement