LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » So Who Signed Up For Obamacare? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So Who Signed Up For Obamacare?
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
randibear: I was referring to your post about a dead clam on a polluted beach [Wink]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well shoot....

Im off to jus sit and read today. Its football on sunday. Luckily I made roast and chili last week so im good there.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's way too cold to be outside tonight. I'm in the SE and even here it's gonna be frigidly cold. Supposed to be a windchill of -23 tomorrow night...and that's not even up north!!!

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthPaw
Member # 35229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthPaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lpkayak - NH does have Medicaid. My kids were on it last year.

http://www.dhhs.nh.gov/ombp/medicaid/

I wonder if you're confusing it with NH's decision not to participate in Medicaid expansion, which would have been necessary to set up a state level exchange.

Posts: 99 | From Cali | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had Blue Cross/Blue Shield when I was working and came down sick.

It took me 18 months to finally get a dx.

I was not able to afford Cobra.

Blue Cross/Blue Shield seemed to have their doctor's working out of a very small tool box.

I don't know if I had run into a lyme literate doctor while I still had insurance if it would have helped or not.

I do know that I was ony reimbursed $20 for the Igenex Test.

I was hoping to see more posts on people who had actually needed the ACA and how things went for them when they signed up.

I know many in the small town I lived in were small business owners and were not able to afford insurance for their families back in 2001 when I first started learning a bit more about health care due to my health going south big time.

Since I no longer live in that town, I don't know if they were helped or not by ACA.

I also knew others who were not able to get insurance due to a pr existing condition

A concern I had when my health went south. At that time, I thought it was tempary and I would be back to work.

Typing with eyes closed , laing in bed.

There is buzz here at the apartment complex I live in for senior citizens and the disabled about changes in insurance.

There was a meeting a while back on the subject and another on Thursday by someone else.

Best I can figure thees people are in business to help peole decide what insurance plans to get and what things they can get help with.

I have sent emails to both businesses.

They did help me to know that I should be covered with prescription needs at a time when I thought I wasn't covered and had paid out of pocket.

The pharmacy re imbursed me thankfully...pharmacy was also going thru new ownership with new help so things got a bit confusing for a while then pharmacy closed down.

I am still confused about it all. If health was doing well enough I would go to the meeting but health is not doing well enough.

I am concerned about coming up with the funds needed that medicare doesn't pay for and would like a second insruance.

But, since the people I contacted have not replied to my emails I assume it is because I don't have the insomce to pay out of pocket for a second insurance.

OK need to stop. This is making my brain worse.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing I learned when I moved from CA to AZ is that I was getting 40 hours a week with caregiver service whiel living in CA.

When I moved to AZ, I was given 4 hours a month caregiver service.

I thought they would be the same in both states. Wrong.

Income went down to $500 a month to when I moved across state lines.

I don't recall what it was in CA.

I know this topic is supposed to be on ACA but it has opened the window to health coverage in general.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

There is a post on another web site from a lady who wants to move from the San Diego area in CA as she is not getting the caregiver help needed.

She doesn't have lyme disease. I think she has a form of CP.

Another condition that varies a lot

She wanted to know which states were more helpful and provide more caregiver services.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not nh

I m pretty sure the aca will help with basic health care but not lyme. Around here the new tx for a tickbite is one doxy one time. And if you dont have. A bullseye you have to fight for that

If you break an arm youre all set. And probably a minimal ckup once a year. They will probably happily give you statins and steroids and psyc meds.

There is value in getting the basics...but really. If we have to fight so hard for tx it will not become the norm soon

Again...there is value-if your gall bladder goes or your thyroid tests low youll probably get tx. Not armour-synthroid...

Kam i think you are smart to research what states give more basic help...but moving to an area where there is an llmd is risky. It would cost a lot of time an energy and you could not count on the llmd staying in business unless it is one that is really expensive cash only. Also the tx they prescribe are not covered

I do think you should look for a better place for general care...but lyme care is a wild card

I have no first hand experience with any of this but have seen things happen-both good and bad to ppl i know

[ 01-09-2014, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stir things up randibear!

I got medicare a couple of years ago. It hasn't covered any lyme treatment yet except the tests the infectious disease doctor did, which were pretty useless.

What it DOES cover though is a therapist! I mean the mental emotional kind. This can drive you nuts and when you add in the trauma of life itself, it helps to have someone else on your side.

SO maybe if you all get Obamacare and go to therapists, it will be so expensive they will see that just paying our doctors bills is a cheaper alternative.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nefferdun:

SO maybe if you all get Obamacare and go to therapists, it will be so expensive they will see that just paying our doctors bills is a cheaper alternative.

-
Good point!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement