LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Dr. J in CT- YOU DID IT! $50,000 Plus! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dr. J in CT- YOU DID IT! $50,000 Plus!
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edited- You can donate at the link below. Moved here per request to make it easier to find. Thanks!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6V69HUKHFBUF8

May 16, 2014- 4:15 PM- Dr. Jones just called. He asked if I had a "list" of people in the Lyme community, and if so would I let people know he will be closing his office on Wednesday, May 21, 2014.

I was so very sad hearing this news. When I asked why he told me it is due to the inability to pay his rent, suppliers, etc.

As you may know, Dr. Jones has had several surgeries recently, one on his eye just yesterday. These necessary time outs have prevented him from keeping his regular office hours (which use to be 7 days a week, 10 or more hours per day).

He said, with a heavy heart, things are starting to smooth out, but he isn't going to be able to stay open due to these financial concerns unless something changes immediately.

As one of Dr. Jones biggest fans, I can't sit by and let him go out like this. I'm sure you will agree, Dr. Jones should retire when he is ready (and he isn't).

He should not be forced out because he took some time off for his own health care needs, and not because the opposition has been costing him a fortune and dragging him through the mud for the horrible crime of helping our children get better. This just isn't right.

I asked Dr. Jones what I could do to help him. He said as of right now he is still $45,000 short and would need more donations to help him cover the office related expenses by next Wednesday, May 21, 2014.

Some of our Lyme doctors have been generously supporting Dr. Jones throughout the legal battles, as have many others in the community, bless all their hearts! Dr. Jones strong will, dedication, his love for the children and the kindness of others is what has kept him going through the roughest of times, but, there is still a financial shortfall that needs to be addressed.

I am asking that everyone please take a look back at Dr. Jones decades of service to our children and our entire community, and send a donation to his office ASAP so a crisis like this can be avoided.

Dr. Jones has the desire to keep going and although he is absolutely amazing in so many ways, he can't do it all- treat the sickest of children- handle the witch-hunts and legal battles- educate doctors and the public- raise funds- and take care of himself all at the same time. Who could?

Please, if you will, send a donation now to the address below so he can keep treating the children.

** Special Note- Pay Pal now available- see post below.**

Dr. Charles Ray Jones
111 Park Street Ground Floor
New Haven, CT 06511

To keep the accounting/bills straight, please write the word "gift" in the memo field of your check. [When I told him what I was going to do he made sure to tell me about the "gift" notation. My guess is he has been chewed out by his lovely ladies in the office for making their work a lot harder when trying to sort the incoming mail.] ~smile ~

Thank you so much for sharing and for caring! We can do this! I will send out updates as I learn more news, and hopefully, with your help, it will be GOOD news!

Lucy Barnes
www.DrJonesKids.com

Here is a link with this information for sharing on social media. Please do! Thank you!

https://sites.google.com/site/drjoneskids/overview-summary/update

[ 05-31-2014, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update- A Pay Pal DONATE Button has been added to the front page of the website (look underneath Dr. J's picture) to make donating easier and faster.

www.DrJonesKids.com

Again, many thanks! And please share this info around the world!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly I now know why we didn't get a new appointment card with last weeks appointment.

This is tragic on many levels.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup thanks so much.

I am mailing a check out and have called the office regarding that. Can we turn this around though? My son really needs to see him atleast one more time.

Please help if u can family

Thanks

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
t9- Yes, this can't happen! We aren't going to sit by and do nothing. Lymenet members alone should be able to raise a good portion of the funds if everyone gave just a little. I hope they do!

2Roads- Many thanks for donating. I have to believe we can make this right. Too many children need him, and to be honest, he needs them too.

Please reach out to everyone you know and ask them to help. A personal call, an email, a facebook thingy, etc. They can all make a difference.

We can't quit on him or the kids. So let's rock and roll!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can't lose him!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad.....

Thanks for your updates.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

TuTu & Dogs/Cats

You are both right! (No, can't believe I said that either!) HA!

And you are welcome!

Posting a new report below, shortly.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6V69HUKHFBUF8

Info Here
www.DrJonesKids.com

Update- May 17, 2014

It's Midnight and The Race Is On!!!

From midnight Saturday, May 17, 2014, until midnight on Wednesday, May 21, 2014, we need to raise approximately $500.00 per hour to meet the $45,000.00 goal for Dr. Jones.

As crazy as that sounds, I think we can do it!

To donate right now, please click on this link: www.DrJonesKids.com Scroll down underneath the picture of Dr. Jones till you see the "Donate" button.

Just think- If 2,000 people donated $25.00 each, we would have $50,000.00 (minus Pay Pal fees/tax). If 3,000 people donated $15.00 each, we could do it!

If 4,000 people donated $12.00 each, we'd exceed our goal! So ALL amounts, big and small, do help immensely!

Now, let's keep Pay Pal and the postal service busy! Please keep "bugging" people on your contact lists and share this information with all you know!

No child should have to suffer, and Dr. Jones should have no worries to contend with at this point in time. Thank you so much for caring!!!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

DRUM ROLL!

The first report, as of Midnight on Saturday, thanks to you...

We rolled right past the $1,000 mark!!!

Total- $1,600

Many Thanks!!!

Donate Here

Info Here
www.DrJonesKids.com

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok posted on the Vancouver Lyme Awareness groups FB page and also on another Lyme Awareness page.

If even each person donated $5 we can do this.

Not too many docs treating kids these days. We need him.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

You are a sweetie pie Greta! Good for you!!! And you are right, we ALL need him!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just donated $5 I really don't have the ability to afford, because of all the benefit Dr. Jones has done for all the kids out there with Lyme.

Please, everyone needs to step up on this and give, even if only $5.

Thanks,

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks TC for keeping us all posted. This man is a HERO. Just donated $50 bucks and wish I could donate more.

But please everyone, donate whatever you can...$1, $5, $10, $20, $25...it all adds up. Every little bit makes a difference.

WE CAN DO THIS!

Here's what I wrote on my FB page:

Here's to all the courageous parents who continually fight the medical establishment, the insurance companies and the school districts on behalf of their sick children.

Here's to one VERY courageous doctor who fought the CT legislature on behalf of our sick children and continues to fight for them despite being in his 80's.

#DrCharlesRayJones

We don't encounter real heroes often in our lifetimes. Dr. Jones is a hero to children afflicted with tick-borne diseases.

I am honored and humbled to have met this great man. God bless him.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Razzled- I'm dazzled! That donation made my night! Your donation shows we don't just give money till it hurts, we are giving our love. If I'm lucky I may be able to match your donation, which will double "our" amount! Thanks very much.

And please know, we can all see over 3,000 more acts of kindness and giving relating directly to you! (Posts: 3556)

Beautiful you!

Beaches- Now stop! It's late, I'm exhausted and you are making me cry! Stop being so dag-gum sweet! Really now, you've touched my heart. Thank you for your efforts and your kind donation. Many thanks.

Now give me a kleenex, a hug good night (or a kick in the rump) and send me on my way.

PS... Since you are both in the giving mood, a bowl of chocolate ice cream would be nice too.

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's late! And I'm glad I made you cry!!! You've done the same ... how many times???

Here's to you and your bowl of chocolate ice cream!

And here's to many more donations to Dr. Jones!

Donate Here

Info Here

www.DrJonesKids.com

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Here's to one VERY courageous doctor who fought the CT legislature on behalf of our sick children and continues to fight for them despite being in his 80's.

#DrCharlesRayJones

We don't encounter real heroes often in our lifetimes. Dr. Jones is a hero to children afflicted with tick-borne diseases.

I am honored and humbled to have met this great man. God bless him.

Donate Here

Info Here

www.DrJonesKids.com

Pebbles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pebbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I donated $25.00 Gladly!!!!!!

Dr. Jones treated my son years ago. He is a wonderful man and I am very grateful for him. I really hope he is able to continue treating kids!!!

Posts: 116 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree, Dr. Jones is a wonderful man!!

Hope the goal can be met!! Off to paypal to make a donation!!

Thanks Tincup!! [Smile]

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Beaches, you are pause, pause, pause.... wonderful. Fill in the blank, my words are still sleeping, but my heart is with you! Thanks!

Good morning Pebbles! My brain is saying pebbles, beaches, pebbles, beaches, is that a sign? Pack the sunscreen, towels and cooler and let's go! ~smile~

I am so happy to hear Dr. Jones was able to help your son. He's been there for soooooo many kids it is unreal!

I believe I've said it a million times to parents who have children with Lyme- "If this were my child I'd walk, crawl or even sprout wings to do whatever is needed to go to CT and see Dr. J."

He never let me down. Even on Sundays when the office was closed he'd answer the phone and tell people to come on by- much to the chagrin of his office ladies (lovely ladies) who were trying to reduce his work load, not increase it!

Thank you so much for donating and giving back! Your kindness is appreciated!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Jane Jane Jane! Just saw your post! Many thanks to you. Many many!!! Love it!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

pointermom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pointermom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plagiarized parts of your posts to post this to the Wisconsin and Illinois Lyme Friends facebook page:

Here's to all the courageous parents who continually fight the medical establishment, the insurance companies and the school districts on behalf of their sick children.

Here's to one VERY courageous doctor who fought the CT legislature on behalf of our sick children and continues to fight for them despite being in his 80's

And he needs our help!

https://sites.google.com/site/drjoneskids/overview-summary/update

--------------------
One day closer to being cured.....

Posts: 104 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Small donation made. Wish I could do more!

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just sent this out on facebook and asked my hundreds of friends to pass it on!!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Pointer- great work! Steal it all! We love it! HA! And thank you!

Skies- Hope you know every donation helps. We have $1.00 donations and up, and they all are important. Thanks for caring and taking action.

Robin- Thank you for sharing this on face book. It will help reach many that I can't reach on my own! And with your educational efforts in your area I know folks will be informed already about Lyme.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

beaches
Member # 38251

Have to agree with TC.

Given the dire situation Dr. J. faces YET again, this post needs to stay in "Medical" where more people can see it, and can hopefully DONATE to this very important cause.

beaches
Member # 38251

pointermom and any others, plagiarize away!

If the words I wrote can raise awareness or help raise funds for Dr. J. I'd be thrilled.

beaches
Member # 38251

Oh and TC, yes! pebbles, beaches, pebbles, beaches...it's a sign that we need to pack the sunscreen, towels and cooler and take off to a seaside location!

You know, parents with sick kids have done the impossible to get to this doctor.

He is nothing short of a saint. His "office ladies" as you refer to them, are just wonderful. They "get" what he is doing. And they are dedicated to him and the practice.

God Bless Dr. J. and his amazing staff. Please everyone, give a donation, however small, so that this great man can continue to help very sick children.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TC/all - the post was moved to General since it is about support for him and kids and is not a medical question.

However, I just looked at the recent visitor history, and saw 80/20 looking at Medical/Support, so it is true that more folks are looking at Medical.

Given that we have a 3-day deadline for saving him, I just made a thread announcement in Medical to come see this thread in General and help support him. That way, I hope we will cover all our bases! Thanks all for caring!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Of course more folks are looking at Medical!

Don't even get me started on the BS that's on Medical and trying to justify why this post about saving Dr. J. should be moved to General.

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we donate with a Visa card?

I can't remember my PP stuff. Some folks don't even have PP.

Not sure how he will get the money - in time - and the amounts can be totalled if not using PP.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Yes. If you go to the site, it says Don't have a paypal account? And then there you can continue and use your card.
Tincup
Member # 5829

Beaches- I shouldn't refer to them as office ladies or just lovely ladies, how crude is that?

I should tell it like it is- they are little angels! And that seashore location sounds SO good right about now. I wish!

Robin2905783265- Thanks for the help here. Very much appreciated!!!

Susank and others- if anyone has used their cards (credit) rather than Pay Pal- would you please let me know if it works or any details about it so I can tell others?

I am not allowed to donate to myself, and don't have a card, so I can't test it. Thanks!

I am hoping to speak with Dr. J this evening and will send out an update afterward with totals and any other important info that I gather.

This super-short notice (deadline) is really tough! Hoping to see if partial payments can be applied on Wednesday, or whatever, so we have more time.

Thanks again to all!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

I just mailed a check. It was set to arrive Wednesday during the day.

I hope it can be applied to the deadline amount. It is a small dent in the sum.

I also asked for it to be cashed as quickly as possible, as our funds are pay check to pay check.

I let my very wealthy sister-in-law who is suffering from Lyme disease know about the situation, but I'm not sure she will gift.

Now I am going to prey......I have done all I can do.

Sorry-

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just donated.

C'mon, gang... We can do this! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

2Roads, You better watch out! I'm not in a good mood after seeing this post moved to the General Section, so I might just have to punch YOU in the nose!

JUST KIDDING!!!

[lol]

Please, please, please, don't feel badly or whatever if you can only donate a small amount!!!! It is a rare day when I can donate anything, so I certainly understand.

Any donation, and the "ping" noise rings in my email box. What joy that brings!!!

I'm just as thrilled to see $1.00 as any other amount. The fact someone cares enough about Dr. J and our children to donate anything is what matters. And I happen to know you do care, very much so.

So thanks 2roads for your donation and thanks too for the prayers!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Yeah TuTu!!!! Many thanks! I just heard another ping in my box, so it must be you!!!

Yippeeeeeeee!!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

GOOD NEWS!

Just had a friend (Lyme patient, of course) check out the credit card ability at the Pay Pal link.

It works! So if you don't have Pay Pal, you can still use a credit card.

Now, about that friend. She's donated 3 times already cause she's got Lyme and forgot about the other two times.

Don't be like her! Make yourself a note so you don't double, or as in this case, triple donate!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anissahope4healing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for your post!!!!

My 10 year old son just started seeing him last October.

Now we know why his office didn't return our call last week. They always returned our calls...I felt that something was wrong.

My husband has been unemployed for over a year and we found out from my bank last month that we could re-finance my paid off SUV.

Thank the good Lord! And I was surprised to find out the other day that I had a MINUS... yes a negative balance of almost $200 on one of my credit cards.

I believe this is all God's perfect timing. So, I just paid some money on my credit card to my Paypal account for Dr. Jones! [spinning smile] Our whole family was so happy that we were able to use our credit card.

Our boys were so happy to dump out their piggy banks and help Dr. Jones. My son said, "He takes care of all of us, we have to take care of him".

He then said, "I can help by making him PB & J's and giving him a glass of milk and telling him to rest, and that he doesn't need to work so hard. He has to take care of himself for a change...or just rest and let us and others take care of him." [Smile]

I thought that he was right on the money....ba da da! da! [Wink]

I hope all of our "Hail Mary Passes" can even beat the money needed. For those of you who aren't familiar with football, it would be too hard for my Lyme brain to explain..please Google it. [woohoo]

Keep the race going everyone!!!! I will sent out emails with links to help Dr. Jones!!! WE can do this!!

We have to for this amazing man. He helped the children of this world when no one would, we all have to be there for him now and I hope Dr. Jones knows that it is our pleasure and privilege to be able to help him whenever he needs help.

I hope Dr. Jones can rest and take care of himself..and know that we all love him and are here for him.

Thank you Lymenet Community! You have been our family's saving grace. [group hug]

[ 05-19-2014, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Anissahope4healing ]

Posts: 167 | From Southeast Tennessee/Chattanooga/Atlanta | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Thanks Tutu.

Heck, I'll take that punch in the nose. I was just sayin' to somebody the other day that a friend of mine said "if there were no such thing as bad luck, I'd have no luck at all". Hmmmmm..........

Hey Anissa, atleast your checking account aint negative.

Hugs Family-

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrote a check over the weekend and he should get it by Wed. In my note I said:
"Words can't describe and funds could never repay you for the loving concern and successful treatment you gave my grandson.....May God continue to bless you and your wonderful staff for all you do."

I keep checking to see how much money has been donated. When it's all done, I'd like to know the total (pay pal and checks mailed), but it would also be interesting to know how many people have given. Hopefully, it will be so many people that no one involved will have enough time to count them.

Blessings to all who have made this possible.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaoconnor
Member # 41195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaoconnor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I donated on Saturday. Hope we can make a dent!!!
Posts: 29 | From Boca Raton, Florida | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anissahope4healing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey 2roads!

If it wasn't for being able to re-finance my car...I never knew I could use it as collateral...my checking would be "negative"...

Just like so many of you have said...if everyone we can reach can just donate $5, $10, $25, and so on, we can make this happen!

Every little bit counts!

Thank you everyone for helping Dr. Jones. And a special thank you to those of you who have never met Dr. Jones and are donating, so he can continue to do what he loves best.

Every little bit makes a dent! Thank you all!

Posts: 167 | From Southeast Tennessee/Chattanooga/Atlanta | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Anissahope4healing- Your story alone is inspiring. Your donation and caring about Dr. J, incredible! Many thanks! many, many!

2Roads,, you made me laugh thinking about this song. Listen to the 3rd and 4th lines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvU4CC6s2e4

cbb- good for you! And in tonight's update you, especially you, will want to see the "Remember When" section I'm adding, as will others here. Thanks so much!!!

BTW- I am updating the amounts from Pay Pal tonight and hope to keep sharing them on a fairly regular basis. Once checks arrive at the office I'll add those totals too and make a report to everyone.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:

Yeah TuTu!!!! Many thanks! I just heard another ping in my box, so it must be you!!!

-
Reminds me of a song, TC! "It's gotta be you..." [Big Grin]

Hey gang... I don't have much money and I don't have kids, but that won't keep me from giving SOMETHING! Please join in for all the KIDS! (Their parents will thank you.)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sent a donation - I hope.
No kids either but love the man.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Thanks so much to those giving who don't have kids.

On behalf of all those that do, thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts. Sending hugs from our kiddos as well.

Bless you-

Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

Plus what adds insult to injury, is that Dr. Jones has always helped children. And for the greedy lawyers and the non-lyme educated people,

they have taken so so much of Dr. Jones' time, energy, finances, ability to care for more children because he has to keep dealing with having to fight the legal system, to save children's lives. And he was the bravest and still is the bravest one to do it!

They just didn't give Dr. Jones any breaks. And now in CT, the gov. says treat first. I wish the Governor of CT would do the right thing and let Dr. Jones' be "grandfathered" in, and rule over the CT judges and prosecutors, who continue relentlessly to not let Dr. Jones live in peace.

It just gets me so angry, that with all the time and money these legal people have, they need to spend their time where it is really needed, and NOT on an incredible man, who has literally saved thousands of children's' lives, helped so many families who were completely lost and abandoned by the medical system, and so much more.

God Bless You Dr. Jones.

And to any IDSA or CDC people who may be reading this...now is the time to reach out to Dr. Jones. It's never too late to learn and science is constant learning and changing.

Be brave and who cares what some of your colleagues may think. You would have more respect for yourself for having the courage and so would your patients.

Reach out to Dr. Jones- you all can learn so much from him. And you know what? He is the type of man, that would be more than happy to teach you everything he knows, because he truly cares of children and medicine.

One day you will want to reach out to him, and it may be too late...one of your children may become very ill, and you would have wished to God you had met Dr. Jones and learned from him and "thought outside of the box" to see how all of these infections ARE possible.

We need to come together to continue to find ways to battle this cruel disease.

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,
Will be watching for the Update tonight.
Hoping the gifts will be huge and wondering what you've put on "Remember When."
One things for sure - it'll be interesting.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Anissahope4healing,
Bravo!!
Well said!!
You've stated beautifully what I've thought so many times.
It's so sad to think of all the children who were not able to see him because of all the legal problems they've piled on him.
I hope those that have fought him will read what you said and have a change of heart!!!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Anissa said,

"They just didn't give Dr. Jones any breaks. And now in CT, the gov. says treat first. I wish the Governor of CT would do the right thing and let Dr. Jones' be "grandfathered" in, and rule over the CT judges and prosecutors, who continue relentlessly to not let Dr. Jones live in peace."

-
That would be so awesome if that could be done.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Anissahope4healing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39221

I hope so too. [bow] You never know. I will continue to pray ...we need more brave educated doctors, to learn about treating tick bourne illnesses.
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just donated. We are getting our son back due to the courage and character of this man.
Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woof woof, hope it helps!

( need to change my name, only " woofs " around here now!)

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank- you to everyone that has donated so far.
Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Took a break to get my first hot meal in 3 days and look what you've all done! Goodness! I'll never be able to respond to each of you, but I am very pleased to see the posts! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Working on the Midnight Report. In the meantime, TuTu mentioned "song" and it made me think of this one.

THIS is how I'd like all of the children with Lyme and their parents to feel. And thanks to Dr. Jones, it has happened!

Thanks to you, it will continue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Update- Monday, May 19, 2014

Our 2nd Report, and it is all, once again, thanks to you...

Total To Date- $5,312

Many Many Thanks!!!
May I have this dance?

Donate Here

Info Here
www.DrJonesKids.com

News:

Spoke to Dr. Jones today. He was at work, of course, recovering from eye surgery. He told me, and was very emphatic about it, and very humbled at the same time...

He wants to keep caring for and treating the children!

He was thrilled to hear the news about donations starting to come in, and it really lightened his spirit! He said to tell you all how much he appreciates your efforts and the fact that you care.

He sends thanks to all for your well-wishes for his speedy recovery, and also thanks you very much for your kind donations! (I can't say exactly how many times he told me to tell you that, but it was repeated over and over throughout the conversation).

Answers to the Tough Questions- I told Dr. Jones today that trying to raise $45,000 in less than 5 days is killing me, with an additional rant, rant, rant tossed in there several times.

I said we have to do something here, we need an extension- more time! So, Dr. Jones, can other financial arrangements be made?

After consulting with his office angles he said if he has $5,000 by Wednesday that amount will tide him over till Friday. (WE HAVE IT NOW!!!)

If donations continue coming in (ASAP) they can be applied to the $45,000 in over due bills. He also mentioned they were re-organizing some things there to try to keep him going.

So we still need the $45,000, but now we have a little, very little, wiggle room.

The Good News- Once the $45,000 is raised Dr. Jones said it will clear up the overdue amounts that keep threatening to close him down.

Once that is accomplished his feeling is he will be back to working more hours (no more medical surgeries scheduled), and should be ok financially moving forward without another last minute crisis to deal with as has been happening.

So, if you could please donate (ASAP) so the children who need him can schedule follow-up appointments and his office routine can get back to normal, it would be very helpful.

Thanks so much!

Ok, a bit off topic... but, remember when? Some of you may remember when these "Love Notes" were written, collected, and sent to Dr. Jones. Seeing them today- well, they continue to be a "testimonial" to a great man and a beloved doctor. https://sites.google.com/site/drjoneskids/thanks-to-dr-jones

PS- People have contacted me with a variety of wonderful suggestions and questions, all which are very welcomed.

However, if you don't receive a personal response it is because 1.) I don't have the answer yet 2.) due to the sheer numbers of emails coming in it is impossible to respond to everyone 3.) your topic will hopefully be addressed in a future update. Please know I am not trying to ignore anyone, just totally swamped right now. Thanks for understanding!

Another report will be issued soon!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

beaches
Member # 38251

Thanks for the update TC. It is awesome that 5K+ was raised in just 2 days!

But we can do better than that!!!

Please everyone reading this, know that even 5 bucks makes a difference.

Please consider donating to this fund. If you've had your kids examined by him or spent any time with him, you'd soon realize that he is one very special human being.

He doesn't have some fancy office in an upscale part of town. His office is in a building on the other side of Yale...literally and figuratively.

It's a modest office that could use updating, but that's not what Dr. Jones is about. His "updating" is putting up pictures of kids sent in by grateful parents on the office bulletin boards.

Dr. Jones is humble to the core and his life's work has been to help the sickest of sick children. There is no one like him, NO ONE.

Despite the hell the CT medical board has put him through, he has maintained a remarkable sense of humor. He is a brilliant clinician and diagnostician. He is one of a kind.

We have to keep him going as long as he is able! God bless him for continuing to fight the good fight at his advanced age.

If he can do that on behalf of sick children, surely the rest of us can find a way to send in a small donation.

Thank you to everyone who has donated! Thank you to those without kids who have donated! And thank you to those who will donate!

Donate Here

Info Here
www.DrJonesKids.com

beaches
Member # 38251

UP!
2roads
Member # 4409

We have to do better.........

ugh.............

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just posted this to my new lyme community page. Hopefully people will see it and donate.

If you can, "like" the page and the jones link to spread it around

https://www.facebook.com/lymediseaseinfo

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hope the doctors are stepping up again.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Member # 5829

You guys are most certainly Tony Tigers- You're....

G-R-E-A-T

Thanks!!!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

OK!!!

I am going to take a supper break (it seemed to work well last night when I did) and hopefully we will have another $85.00 by the time I get back!

Yes, we need $85.00 more before I send out another report. Can you tell I'm counting pennies? ~smile~

AND- I want to thank all who are sharing this info around, as well as making donations. It helps immensely!

$85.00, do I hear $85.00? Going once, going twice... ???

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

2roads
Member # 4409

Tincup, u done that supper break?

Rejuvinated???

Hugs, hugs [kiss]

oceangirlSA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oceangirlSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I donated as well - I hope this dear man will be saved!
Posts: 187 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

You made me smile! Thanks for that! And, you know that $85.00 I was crying about earlier. We not only got that, but close to $1,000 more!!!!

YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I should go eat supper more often!!! HA!

Another report in progress. Out soon!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Update- May 20, 2014

Midnight Stars Are Shining All Over You!

You are walking along a wooded trail. When coming around the bend you see a child drowning in the middle of a small lake. Standing between you and the child is a large sign that says, “NO SWIMMING”. Do you obey that sign, or try to save the child?

Our 3rd Report, with special thanks to you...

Total to Date

>>> $12,868 <<<

Many Many Many Thanks!!!

Donate Here

Info Here
www.DrJonesKids.com

Update- Spoke to Dr. Jones and one of his office angels today. They couldn't be more relieved to know, because of YOUR kindness and efforts, they have a fighting chance to stay open a while longer.

Although I enjoyed our talks, you can't imagine the incredible stress this situation has on everyone there. (I certainly couldn't.) It breaks my heart to see them all struggling like this.

The changes and cuts they've had to make- such as reducing the number of employees, and going without pay checks for example- has created additional hardships for all.

BUT, their own personal plights, as bad as they are, can not be compared to the incredible concern they have for the children if and when the office closes down.

Your donations from the past few days- a wonderful $12,800 plus- will be sent to them tomorrow. This should cover the past due rent and some of their other immediate needs.

I can only hope your generosity will continue until we reach our set goal of $45,000.

I think we can do it, because you are the one who would, no matter what the sign said, jump in the lake and save that child.

To address those who have contacted me- For several years many ideas and plans have and continue to be researched in an effort to improve the situation, but to date none have been able to solve the multiple complex financial problems (and keep Dr. Jones happy at the same time, a chore in itself). ~smile~

The best thing we can do now is to try and take a load off by helping them all financially so they can try to catch up, move forward and focus on what they do best.

One last important note- my calls today would have been 1/4 as long as they were IF the angels and Dr. Jones would have stopped repeatedly telling me to remember to say thank you to you all!

They are so grateful, they really are! Many thanks!

Over $12,800 in 3 days- WOW!

Lucy Barnes
www.DrJonesKids.com

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow... that is great!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made my donation. Good luck Dr. Jones!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Fantastic news!!
It's heartwarming and so encouraging that yesterday's total more than doubled!!
Lyme family helping each other. [group hug]

Tincup, is the total just from Pay Pal?
Or does it include checks they're receiving in the office?

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TC!

I'm in touch with Lyme leaders in my state to get this sent to email lists, posted to Yahoo groups, etc.

And, yes, every amount helps! Thanks to everyone!

BoxerZombieMom

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

You all are fantastic! Donations are coming in, ping, ping, ping... love that sound!

I REALLY wish I could address each of you, but am swaying in my chair now, so tired. But I do read and do smile and I am thankful!!! This is just so cool!

cbb, you asked if this total included the checks from the office. No, it doesn't. This is only the Pay Pal amount. It also does not include donations that were made on the Indigo ? account before this account was set up.

I know a few did donate there before it expired a couple of days ago.

I forgot to ask the office angel this morning about the checks (too early for me). But, I asked Dr. Jones this evening and he didn't know. Will try to remember to ask again.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing, caring and donating!

Hi Boxer Mom! Nice to see you!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Oh, and if you all could keep this post up on the list it would be VERY helpful. You're really good at that, btw. Will be offline a while tomorrow. Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Jane2904
Member # 15917

Great, and thanks to all that are getting the word out!!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement