LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? JULY 20

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? JULY 20
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see that you guys are up and running today... well, maybe not running.. but!! [Big Grin]

Had a nice church service, our pastor was home from vacation. Only a few kids came for children's church. Quite a few visitors.

Packing for our trip to Texas. We leave in the morning. Think about me in all the heat! Hope our AC is working OK. I think it needs some freon.

--

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
safe trip!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu--Thanks for starting the thread. Hope you have a fun vacation. (safety, first)

Am getting the detox whammy after the energy healer. She says her healing can take several days, so I am still probably killing some stuff--ugh!

I enjoyed my friend's visit. She works for State Farm and is here from Michigan for the week as National Headquarters is here. Hope to see her again before I leave for WI.

Have a super week.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swam 5 laps and lifted 10 pound arm weights.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday-So far no exercise. Busy weekend visiting with one of my sister's HS friends and then family on Sunday.

So I'm behind in my chores which I'm keeping to a bare minimum until the cast comes off in about 2 weeks.

It's starting to itch under there so I can't wait.

Read the end parts of last weeks posts and you all have been busy.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been meaning to get out my arm weights! at least I could do that while I sit, right?

I am also thinking aobut getting out my old AB workout tape.

will I ever catch up? I have so many bills and papers all over. that seems like a workout on its own! haha

I hope it's not too hot in Texas tutu

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo hoo tracy! I remember going to the fibro ywca class after my knee replacement-the first one. And after the hour class i strted doingg laps with a board...before long i was in the pool an xtra half hour each time

But 18 months ago the changing befote and after water therapy for my back was just too much...even tho i wore my suit there

I am so glad i dont have a cast ak...my hand still hurts. When it is so bad i cant lift a coffee cup i ice it and it gets better but as soonas i over use it it hurts again

Sitting in my car saturday for five hours has my sciatica acting up...and moving of stuff to get ready for sheetrockers has my left rotator hurting so much i cant sleep witout extra meds...what a mess...but i can see the end of reno and my house is so much more comfy with floors! Its hard not to keep over doing

Last week every weight i had was holding down the transition from the livinroom to kitchen-they had to glue it...they did something special somy wc would go over easy

I really want to go out and funish sorting garage and pick up back yard but yesterday hornets were dive-bombing me so i am inside. I need a rainy day to do that and none in site

So far not much exercise...but there is stuff to box up and move before sheetrock guy on thursday

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went for my walk this morning. Did a bit of weeding and bending over made my ear pressure go sky high.

Luckily I had an ENT exam scheduled and just as I thought, my ear tube I had come out. He put in another one(they just numb the ear drum so no pain).

I have a patulous Eustachian tube which means the Eustachian tube never closes, so driving, flying etc. is not fun.

Went to the thrift store to buy a pair of capris and 2 belts for work. Do not want to spend a lot of $$ as I plan on gaining back some of the weight I have lost this spring/summer.

Off to another MD appt. I think they want to do some more thyroid tests, although none of my symptoms really fit thyroid problems. I bet they end up making me go for a thyroid sonogram.

Still detoxing, so don't feel super. Will try and do my strength exercises this evening.

Tracy--glad to see you on this thread. Are you building up for your own sky dive?

Hiker53

[ 07-21-2014, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Able to be on my feet to cook some bacon this am and butternut squash.

cAregiver cuts it in half for me.

Took Rosie out to the forest area twice today..am and pm..very short visits..i think it is too hot for her today and will be hot all this week.

Took sheets of of bed...started to try and make bed but sheets were more off than on so just took them off.

CAregiver will put mattress pad and claen sheets on tomorrow am I hope.

Able to get some paper work mailed that was long over do.

Able to be on my feet to walk into auto repair shop..but too many peole before me so I'll have to come back later.

I wanted to see if he had the written est of what rapirs were needed.

Both power chairs are charged on.

Dinner tonight and I think that is about it for groovin and moovin.

Tracy..ah...doing laps in the poools sounds wonderful.

Tutu..traveling..slunds good too.

I read the others but can't recall what I read now.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Blood work didn't happen this afternoon. Nurse blew my one good vein. I even told her she was poking too deep.

Not happy. Will have to wait awhile now before we try again and this time I will go to the hospital and have a phlebotomist draw blood for the tests.

Kam--glad your chairs are powered up!

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I got going after a nap yesterday and made some progress boxing and bagging stuff up so the sheetrock guy can close up all theholes imade in the house looking for mold two years ago

I slept good after that but had to get up early for pest guy and friend that did my floor coming over. Im giving her the fridge ibrought back frim mts as payment for the floor. Creative financing. She has an apt building so can use it. I am so lucky things are falling into place

Ive gotta make myself get up now and water outside plants before it gets any hotter. We have two or three hot humid days on the way so i will mostly be inside

See ya later!

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
too bad about vein hiker!!! I had one person once tell me they wanted to try another vein than the one I suggested. she really messed it up. I am not sure why they think they know better. she didn't even say sorry.

I have new symptoms. not happy.

at least eye dr said I have 20/20 vision. that is one thing I am holding on to, haha. even though tick disease makes me see cockeyed , I still have 20/20..... go figure.

Kam, I try and picture where you live- is it rural? I live in a city outskirts. lots of ticks here. see deer all the time

dont' feel like doing much exercise today, but maybe.....

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

kayak, wow, so they punched holes in walls..... we had our bedroom looked at once by a repair guy. I dont; think he knew what he was doing in the case of mold since he only checked around the window we suspected.

It took years for the weird smell to go away, and once in a while I still smell it. It used to be so strong- like ammonia almost! I am sure we all have problems form that....

it's on the list

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuesday-Still not doing much. Hubs helps with cooking and washing dishes. I do wiping down, vacuuming and laundry.

I've been enjoying some of our tomatoes that hubs planted. Eating grape and regular tomatoes. We might have zucchini ready by this weekend to throw on the grill. [lick]

LisaK-I was working out in part of 2012-2013 for my AK hiking trip last summer. I broke out my Buns of Steel video tape collection to get in shape and yes, it actually helped quite a bit. That and some minutes on my thrift store stair climber did the trick!

Kayak-I've got hornets or yellow jackets in the ground on my property too. Lately I've been doing hardly anything myself but in 10 days the cast comes off. Yay! I downloaded an e-book to read, a third in a series. I'm rereading the first 2, read them about 2 years ago so I'm excited to finally have the last book.

Hiker-Am envious that you're out walking and doing some yard work. I've got endocrine issues too and try not to worry to much about them. Might be why I'm struggling with my weight.

Kam-Glad you're getting things done. Were you able to cook dinner? I'm not cooking lately, just nuking soups and tv dinners.

LisaK-I had a bout of 6th nerve palsy in my right eye back in 2003. Took quite awhile for my vision to normalize. Hope yours improves.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Hot and humid today. Got my walk in--wish I could lose the trekking poles, but for now I need them. Did my first round of balance exercises.

Alex is coming to mow today. Only a 16 year old boy would pick noon on a hot humid today to mow.

Gassed the car up for my trip. Now I just need to pack my suitcase.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

No "they" didnt...i did-after three mold companies gave me contradicting reports...turns out they were all wrong. Even a plumber was wrong and the problem was leaky toilet

And my friend and i didnt punch holes...we neatly removed bottem foot of sheet rock...except in one spot where sill was damp and we went up four feet to good wood

But it has taken me a long time to find someone who would repair sheetrock and a little framing. Imexcited-hes coming thurs at 8:30

Im using an expensive mold resistant insulation...hopefully materials wont be too much. Then i have to save for mold resistant sub floor-that is very expensive

Ak-i hope you are able to use that hand too. I have lots of green tomatoes coming along...cant wait. Picked my first cuke but it is very ffunny looking...i will have summer squash today or tomorrow

Hiker-your 16 yo boy story made me giggle

We all go thru so much with helpers...i had a 17 yo come in an ice storm to rake my roof with no gloves!

I think kam is the queen of helper stories tho...

So this morning pest guy came and said the cincrete patch looks good and should keep mice out...can you imagine...this house is 50 yrs old and noone fixed that hole yet

My friend came and got the fridge.

My exercise so far was wrapping a tarp around appliances in carport cuz storms are coming and packing up books in office

I started reacting to mold in the room the guy did the concrete work so stopped to ozone it. I will do more later

I forget if tutu will be in a motel and check in. Hope their trip is going well

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

yay, I went with hubby to walk dog . that felt good.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gang! We made it to Houston safely. Only two 18 wheelers and two cars tried to kill us. [Wink]

We made it there in 11 hours.. record time!

Enjoying family and will get to see my nieces and nephews at my nephew's "open house" on Saturday. He and his family moved to a new place last month. His sister and her family are coming down from Abilene for the party. Woohoo!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

yay! tutu good for you.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Oh...I thought it was Thursday....well, hump day's ok too.

Did some ironing and laundry last night. I've been tired all week. Might have to stop at the store on the way home and get some kind of sleep aid.

Hiker-You going on vacay too? I'm leaving Aug. 1-4 for some downtime at the beach. Can't wait!

Kayak-I'm battling mold issues too. What kind of ozone machine are you using? The one I 'borrowed' from my Mom gave up the ghost a couple of days ago so I need a new one. Might check out Amazon.

LisaK-I used to walk my dog all the time. Now the hubs does it but I miss it.

TuTu-Hope you have a great vacay! How hot is it down there in Houston? I remember a few years back going to San Antonio during the 4th of July and it was like 105 degrees! It felt like an oven!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

LisaK
Member # 41384

I don't miss walking the dog . I only do it once a week now or so, poor doggy.

I used to ride a bike with her running beside me! that was great for us both- I really miss that. then I got too dizzy and everything else to do that.

I wish I could afford a dog scooter. that seems like it might be safer for me at least, maybe.

this is one I dream of owning one day for my baby, Stella:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEG549nkQJg#t=52

we are going on vaca first full week of August. always to stay with my parents. they live in Virgina in Chincoteague where the wild ponies are.

I can't wait.

Ihope everyone is haveing a great summer and nice times relaxing!

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I had a chincoteague pony once. Saucy Seashell. She was pretty but naughty.

I dont want to ruin your vaca but be careful. Many ticks there

I am exhausted from heat. I dont know how you southern babes do it. I lived in lousiana a year and hardly ever went outside

I have been moving stuff out of two rooms that get sheetrocked tomorrow. There is also a patch job in diningarea

I will have to sleep in livingroom on daybed cuz my bedroom is full of all the stuff

Im also talking to guys on craigslist to sell the appliances i brought down. I hate doing this. It scares me. Will they give me bad bills. Will they come back later to checkout my medicine cabinet...i wonder what would happen if they smoked my japanese knotweed

Big storms are coming...60 mph winds and hale-but no tornados!

Hope air is better tomorrow and i can weed while the guys work in here. I aleays feel so productive when i weed

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ak. My ozone machine is construction grade. I used it yesterday cuz i realized the empty totes i brought in from outside were moldy

It cost 500. If you really want to know name i will look for it. Or pm me your email or phone and i will send you a pic. I think they have smaller ones

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

Kayak, your mailbox is full.

Saucy Seashell!!! what a cute name!

I know about ticks. my parents live there- retired there about 25 years ago. together they have had about 40 ticks they know about, and that much more for each of their 6 or so dogs since living there.

both parents have tons of symptoms but denying it.

I get very worried there . I don't let vegetation touch me any more. my dad used to put apile of corn in the grass every day for the deer mom that brought her fawn.

now they culled the deer and you don't see any.

the mosquitoes are actually probably more deadly there than ticks. they are the state bird [Wink] and attack with a fierce hatred towards humans.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

I fought with kids and ran around house yelling and throwing things. Does that count as exercise?

[bonk]

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

I am in the Madison, WI area for a few days of vacation. In the 70's here today--quite nice. Drove up and then took my friend to a nice dinner.

Trout, parmesan potatoes, vegetables, gluten free beer, and a Bavarian chocolate cheesecake like dessert to die for. Glad my friend drove to the restaurant (picked me from up from the B & B), so I could indulge in a beer.

Then I took a walk and am settling into my room for the night--will read before bed.

Not sure what I am doing tomorrow while my friend is at work--may check out some stores like REI which I don't have in my town. Wish I had brough my lawn chair to sit on the lake beach.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak.. Yes, do be careful about craigslist. Can be dangerous. Meet them at a public place, not your home!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Lisa, it's not that hot here to me. It's been running around 93 .. rain showers here and there. It will be hotter next week when we go to South Texas. It will be 100 and up. Right now they are sitting on 99 each day. I think they are just revving up for when we arrive, hahaha!

Friday my cousin, my sister in law and I are planning to get pedicures together. Can you believe I've never had one!!! I'm serious! I've never even had my nails done professionally. I am of the opinion that I can do those things myself, but we are going to have a little "party!" Let the fun begin! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-No exercise just trying to make it through until Aug. 1 when cast comes off.

My nephew Josh is coming to spend the night on Friday with his dog, Ada, so Rocky's going to have company too. Can't wait!

LisaK-Hope you enjoy your vacay! Seeing wild ponies sounds exciting! If my hand's ok I plan on fishing one day on ours.

Kayak-It's taken me years to acclimate back to the heat down here. I count down the days until fall. Chuckling about the Japanese knotweed comment! About that ozone machine, $500 is to expensive for me. I'm still looking on Amazon.

Hiker-Enjoy your vacay too! On my birthday this year, Josh and I went to a seafood restaurant and I ordered the rainbow trout too. It was delicious. Your meal sounds wonderful! Have a great time!

TuTu-Enjoy your vacay too! I love to get my nails done! Enjoy your first pedi. I'm getting
my nails done next week before my cast comes off.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Able to do a few things this am. Hurting now. Laying down trying to recover.

Tying with eyes closed.

Able o wash a few dishes before it was too much and I had to lay back down.

Ill have to come back to write the rest of the stuff down as I can't recall now

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Hot here again today...going to check the wather report for next week.
Thought we were going to get some rain last night but only a few drops.

I could see it was raining on the outskirst s of town on waht is called the Rim and east of us and south of us and even west of us...and we got the breeze that usually comes iwth the rain and one thunder

I guess I need to do the monsoon dance for a bit longer next time

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lovely sunny day here. Managed to find the REI store and it's a good thing most of their clothes don't fit me or I would be totally broke.

Went to the botanical gardens and walked around a bit and then walked down by one of the lakes. Sat on a bench and read.

Nap time now at the B & B before I meet up with my friend tonight.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Kam sounds like you are heat intolerant like me. I have a really hard time and spend alot on ac even tho im way up north

Now i see the ragweed ready to pop ans so i will need ac on evenwhen it is cool

I sold my stuff. I was so worried. I thought these guys were gonna have guns and knives and chheck oit the house so they could break in later

One was a town selectman in a wwll known town in maine and the other was a 64 yo pastor with seven kids! I used my magic pen and everything went well but i had to meet them at the house cuz the stuff was too heavy for me to lift it into truck

My woman neighbor came over and snapped pics of the lidcenceplates before we knew they werr good guys

More on sheetrockers later

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, Kayak!! You have a magic pen? Dang, tell me where to get one! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

what pretty clouds today!

I trimmed our dog's hair today. It took me 2 hours. She has a double coat. I was actually sweating so I am counting that as exercise for the day!

did lots of driving the rest of the day, and still more to come as sonny boy is at a party and we are in charge of the ride home since his friend's mom drove there.

I hope I can make it to 10:30.

kam, we had torrential downpours last night. Thunder and lightnig for hours. I'm so glad when I don't have to water the plants.

ak, do you have a hard cast?

tutu, 93 is way too hot for me. although, if it is dry and breezy it isn't as bad as humid. I think I like winter better since you can add layers and get warm, but if its too hot there is only so much you can do

I guess wading in a pool all day would be an option, but it would feel like a bath in that heat

I love botanical gardens!

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Its the pen-more like a marker that tells you if money is real-they have them at staples

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OHH.... was wondering what the heck you meant! Good idea!

I've seen them use them at the grocery store.

Lisa... we have AC so no worries on the heat. If it breaks down we are in big trouble though!

Where it bothers me is in South Texas. Very hot there. Even the breezes are HOT. Yuck. Takes a long time to cool down the car if you go out.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I was up early...ate, dressed, did yesterdays dishes and shook out all the rugs and towels and quilts i have on the floor to protect it from the sheetrockers...then i vacummed and put them all back. At least one guy is due back to do second coat

I am exhausted...just did more work this morning than i do in a week. So sitting and waiting and trying not to freak out.

These guys are good and fast and as clean as a sheetrocker can be but there are some problems

-there were fouur jobs in four rooms. I could only clear out three-there just wasnt room for stuff
-two jobs are going well except he told me i only needed one coat until we finish room...but now hes coming back to do second coat
And....when he started the third room where i knew he had to fix some framing...it turns out the whole wall is rotted thru...he said my nine lb etta could fall right thru

And ive been worried about bears and crazy moose coming in the slider....

They are having trouble figuring out what is going on. I knrw it was damp side of house so have redone gutters anddug down along the outside foundation and put drainage in but they say something is wrong with the roof. When they made the roof they made it so a huge amount of water would drain right into house

But they arent roofers so dont know how to fix it...i think they are talking to their roofer friends

A year ago my girl friend that does a lot of work for me said there were priblems with the roof but of course shes not a roofer so figured she was wrong....

Soooo....not sure what will happen

They gave me a ruff eatimate to fix wall that i can use money i got from selling appliances

But if we dont correct roof it will just keep happening

This was all behind plastuc when they started and there were no signs of mold...but now while room is open to mold

Im going to ozone it when he leaves. I have had negative air and dehumidifyer going all night

This part of post belongs in a separate mold thread but i wont be able

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

is the ozone safe? do you have to be out of house with this type? we had some oil guy deliver oil to our tank when we had not tank! the hole was never plugged up by previous owner in our old house.

the gallons of oil went all over the walls and everywhere. I wasn't home. came home with kids and the smell was unbearable.

the Service Master clean up crew , after scrubbing, filled the house with ozone , and told us to leave and stay in hotel.

that night, our neighbors connected to us in a twin style home all started choking in the middle of the night and almost died from asphyxiation! it went through the fire wall!

I asked the service guy and he said it kills any live creature because it removes all oxygen from the area.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

This morning I got up and sprayed myself and weeded the vegetable garden that was looking like a jungle.

not perfect, but looks way better. I am growing tomatoes, potatoes, acorn squash, all kinds of peppers, zucchini, cukes, chard, green beans, herbs, I think that's it.

never get as much planted as I would like to any year.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

To do that

Oh my my my my my...i still have to deal with stuff in that storage up north

I really want to weed my garden...sun and mon will be good weather days

And i want to get all this extra junk out of my pretty new room

Posituve thought; during all of this i have had a new scary sx...burning in the tummy after eating

I stopped ibu...yay! I am starting my third day without it

I tried to stop omeprazole but needed one after 36 hrs

I have more than cut it in half so off to a good start

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yes lisa-i have the ozone machine that you need to remove all ppl, plants and pets or they can get sick and die

It sounds like those guys were really incompetant...it is dangerous for someone to use that machine if they dont know what they are doing

It is very well marked and i wont lend it to anyone-it has an in depth booklet...it has done everything i needed excpt take cat urine smell out of a closet. The lady that lived here before me must have used it as a litter box for a long time. I need to take down all sheet rock. And maybe do something to the concrete slab. Then ozone. Then rebuild and i am seriously thinking of lining it with cedar

But i have other worries before that

I have broc, peas and beans to pick later. I ate two summer squash yesterday. I cant believe im still getting peas...i moved them to the shade and they just keep going

Im glad your able to do a few things lisa

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

yes! I am feeling so good these last couple days! I feel like pinching myself to make sure. haha

I have so much more energy. I do still get fatigued after I do stuff, but not tired in the head like I used to.

I have about three more alternative treatments with herbs to go unless there are other issues to battle after that.

I get really sick during treatments and then feel better after I stop them- after about a week after they end.

I think it is die off . ?

I know cat urine can be the worst! I LOVE cats,but became extremely allergic over the years. When we purchase anything like house, car, used furniture, etc, I can tell immediately if a cat was living with it.

then I can't purchase.

your plan sound like a really good one about the closet. I wonder if tea tree oil would help?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak... Maybe you need to get some DGL or something to heal your stomach? I'm worried about you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Does driving count as exercise? Drove back from Wisconsin today. Had an enjoyable visit with my friend last night at her house.

Her front yard is a steep hill, so she just plants her vegetables there and we had a vegetable stir fry last night--all from her garden--even the herbs. I was impressed.

Well the frozen custard was not from her garden--LOL.

New car got great gas mileage on the highway. Went grocery shopping when I got home. Returned to the store when I realized they had my bill wrong--checker couldn't tell I had peaches not apricots. They wanted my name and phone # for the refund and I refused.

Am supposed to go to a church picnic tonight. I need to muster up the energy. 'Tis rainy and cool here and I hear the couch calling me. I did buy some shrimp for the picnic as I don't have time to make anything, so I had better go or I have a lot of shrimp to eat.

Tutu-hope you are enjoying your trip.

LP--DGL is good and so is slippery elm for the stomach and aloe vera. Could be that all the ibu has caused your pain.

I often wished we all lived near each other and could just do a supplement exchange. Seems like I buy something and never use it all.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Dgl didnt help years ago when i tried it but everything is dufferentcuz i have decided to stop ibu...even if i become more disabled

I do want to go gluten and dairy free but just cant make that big of a change with house literally falling apart around me

I would try aloe vero if someone could tell me it tasts ok...readingabout it grossed me out

I have found eating a few slices of apple after a meal helps with reflux and so does a teaspoon of honey...i cant take it straught but put it in herb tea and it helps

I think i can take slippery elm...just have to get organized and do it

The sheetrocker is coming back to do third coat on first two rooms tomorrow. He didnt say anything about the roof and wall. He hardly talks to me but loves etta.

So dont worry about me...i stopped ibu for the first time since theearly 80' s! That is huge.

And my house is coming together. I think my friend will paint kitchen around the first and then half my house will be brand new...kitchen, livingroom and dining area and hall

Then 3 bedrooms and bath to go. If i could just get one bedroom done i could stuff all the xtra stuff in it and the new part if the house would be perfect

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

So happy that Lisa is feeling better these days!

Hiker.. sounds like a great trip!! Hope you made it to the picnic! You will sleep well tonight!

My sister-in-law and I got our pedicures today. I felt like a princess. LOL .. we also did a little shopping. I bought a pretty blouse on sale.

Tomorrow we will go see my husband's sister and her family and then go to my nephew's house warming. He and his family moved out to the country, northwest of Houston. Then we will drive 5 hours to my father-in-law's house. We will be there until next Thursday.

I will not be online very much AT ALL after tonight.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Be safe and have fun tute. Talk in a week or so

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

supplement exchange would be so great. I have tons of hardly used and even unused bottles.

my friend sells nutritional stuff an d she swears by the Aloe drink she sells. says her kids drink it all the time and everyone loves it. SHe has Crohn's so she says it helps her

I havent tried it because I read about it too- I think old type was thick and slimy.

I went yard saling again today. didn't intend too but when I dropped DD off at work early I saw signs.

How can I resist that???? I made out fantastically!!!

I carried a lot of heavy stuff to my car and then into house, so that was my exercise , until later may if I take a walk with hubby.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to pick up a couple of things at the grocery store.

Considered loading my power chair but instead used the elec cart at store taht is provided.

Kind of catch 22 on that one..it takes a lot out of me to load, unload, load and unlaod the power chair.

Wondering if a van would be less movment etc.

Rested, then made a pancke...

caregiver make the mix. I then add blueberries and cinn and walnuts to themix and put it inot the pan when able to do so.

Yum. Hit the spot.

REsting now, then hoping to clean up a litte lin th ekitchen...fruit flies are active in there..less so since I put the trash outside my door in the hallway.

Thankful for neighbors who carry it to the dumptser for me.

Typing with eyes closed and feeling like I am hitting some wrong keyes this am.

The sound of the air conditioning unit in the apartment is distracting me and also hard on the health. ..where did I put those peltor ear muffs??

Found them..now it is just the ringin in my ears. [Smile]

kam
Member # 3410

Hot here again today. It was hot out at 7 am. Too hot for me.
hiker53
Member # 6046

Went to our church picnic last night--lovely evening and the parishioner who hosted it had a beautiful screened in porch, plus an outdoor deck with lots of lawn furniture, fire pit, built in grills etc. (hot tub, too, that we did not use).

Everyone laughed at how much food I ate. They all know I need to gain weight, but they couldn't believe I could pack that much away. Hey--I'm not going to ignore free delicious food.

I walked this morning and did my balance exercises.

Went to the library (my home away from home) and then to the coffee shop where I sat and wrote a letter to a friend. I just love getting "real" mail.

Harvested a bunch of tomatoes from the garden--will have to give some away.

Supposed to be very stormy this afternoon and evening, so I am going to run a quick errand and then do my second round of balance exercises and then read.

Have a great afternoon.

Hiker53

[ 07-26-2014, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Slept ok

Ready for sheetrocker...he did his thing and said he has to come back again for dining room...its cuz its so humid...even tho i run ac and dehumidifyer

When he left i made alist of stuff i needed

My back hurt really bad fromstopping ibu

Lisa...did you already tell me the name of the aloe drink? Id like to know it

And with sheetrocking almost done i wanted to do as much as i can do to finish office

So i bought paint and many supplements and then 52 pieces of sub floor

It took 3 hrs to do errands and 3 hrs to unload subfloor even tho ibacked truck 4 feet from door

I did the math...i lifted over 400 lbs ... 8 lbs at a time

So that and the running around was my exercise

Now i am icing many parts and dont plan to do anymore todsy

Hiker-that sounds like a nuce party-i picked one tomato tht began to turn red bot it had a nasty spot on the back...i need to stake them up better

Kam-i have those little flys now too

Lisa....i need to have a big yard sale myself...not go to one!i have way too much stuff

I will probably have many from labor day to columbus day...the weather is really nice here then...in between hurricanes!

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Able to takea s shower last night.

Also able to be on my feet to wash a few dishes and make the lemon/cucumber drink yesterday.

Hoping to be able to do more this am.

Able to get dressed this am.

Next is to drive Rosie and I the 3 miles on the back roads to the forest.

And let her out of the car to have some off leash time.

WE got a bit of rain last night and a cool breeze just blew through the window.

Hoping to check weather reports this am.

LisaK
Member # 41384

kayak, it is called ULTIMATE ALOE JUICE, Market America makes it, but you can get it through AMazon I see:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Aloe-Strawberry-Kiwi-Juice/dp/B0013BHGES

It comes in different flavors.

If you want it through Market America I can give you my friends name and info to call her and she can help you.

I take their multi vit because it is an isotonic and I get so tired of pills. ISOTONIX is what that is called. They also make a really good working thing called OPC which is a strong antioxidant.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

I was thinking of having a yard sale this coming Friday. I hope I can muster the strength. I need some cash for the trip to my parent's next week.

Can't believe how my fingers and back still hurt from pulling weeds the other day. I pulled a few more last night and early today. there is some noxious vine that has pretty white flowers covering my flowers and bushes!

it is so hard to get rid of, and I am afraid of getting bitten!!

my dr says you can't live in a bubble easy fo rhim to say.

going to the outdoor farmers market in a minute. they have wonderful fresh local foods. we wil take the dog and walk around there.

...and the fruits wont have any worry of listeria!

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Woke up in pain...not a surprise

Weeded in the rain and looked at the spot on the roof that is messed up when.it was raining very hard

I weeded and rested on and off...i got scared cuz im.pretty sure there is yellow jacket nest i grtound in front flower garden. I did a pretty good job weeding and almost finished spreading mulch

I have big califlowers coming but i think one will have caterpillars in it

Inside i cleared stuff out of bathroom so i could get to tub...shower is next on list. Right now i am sitting on ice and have left hand wrapped in ice

I also paid to watch the Heaven movie...it was really good

Im.tired but really want that shower and need to move a few things to get ready for sheetrock guy tomorrow. Early bed too. Hes coming at 8 tomorrow

Today i seem ti be contrilling reflux with gaviscon. None of the herbal stuff is working yet

Thanks for info lisa...do you drink it?what does it taste like?is it thick?

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

kayak, I did not try it. my friend says it is not thick. she says her kids all love it. she has kids of all ages- 2-22. she said it tastes like the flavor- fruity.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

I took son to ER last night and it was POURING when he got out (of course) . I was parked so far away and ran to the car. that was my exercise.

oh, and pulled a few more weeds.

this morning I pulled lots more weeds since they were nice and loose from all that rain.

maybe today I will break out my workout tape. I have been thinking a lot about it, so I guess it must be time! yay

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Iisa-how is son?

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

he is ok now. he had fever of 102 and dehydrated! I can really see now how lymies can get dehydrated easily!

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

up for a bit last night with son's earache. poor guy. I am kinda tired so not sure how much I will do today.

I through the ball and played with dog this morning.

[ 08-02-2014, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: LisaK ]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement