LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Asking for prayers and candle lighting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Asking for prayers and candle lighting
amyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My community has been through two horrific tragedies all in one week. I feel like you are all family [group hug]

You can google to find out the stories - one was a 41 yr old mother Jacinda Miller. The other story I can say please look with caution it is sadly a horrific tragedy of a 3yr old and 6yr old brother. You can google Scotty McMillan.

We have participated in several candlelight vigils with people participating all over the world.

Please join us again on Nov 27th eastern time in lighting a candle in memory of Scotty and all the children who suffer and have suffered from child abuse.

Thank you all
[group hug]

[ 11-10-2014, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: amyb ]

--------------------
Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there!!!

Posts: 362 | From west chester, pa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this on the news...What a tragedy....Sending out prayers...
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you- please light a candle on the 27th in memory of Scotty

--------------------
Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there!!!

Posts: 362 | From west chester, pa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the electric chair is too good for them

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amyb,

I have been crying and grieving all week for Scotty. Can't wrap my head around this kind of evil that these people participated in abusing this precious boy. Please post a reminder for the 27th candle lighting memorial if you can.

Thanks for posting.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horrible tragedy. I briefly saw the news report and decided not to read the whole thing. Too disgusting for words.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scotty [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] Jacinda [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5520

Thanks all- I live less then 5 miles from both incidents. It's really weighted heavy on everyone here [Frown] and across the world. It's been amazing the support from all over.

glm1111- it was so surreal to see it all over the news channels here [Frown]

I will keep reminding for the candle light on Nov 27th - if your on FB there is a memorial page started not sure am I allowed to say his name? The person who started page.

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

You can just google Scotty Mcmillan memorial page facebook and it will come up. I always light a candle every night and will say a prayer for Scotty when I do. Child abuse has to end!!!

Thanks again Amy.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What a world we live in !!!

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is such a horrific story. I just don't understand. Honestly can't even wrap my mind around it, and all the details have stayed with me since I first read about it.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his brothers and to all the children who suffer at the hands of abusers.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would imagine the perpetrators were on drugs?

Drugs will make people do horrible things.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5520

TuTu - nope to drugs - it just so horrifically sad 😥

--------------------

Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the first I've heard my prayers are with all the wee children that suffer like this. It ripps my heart out. I will not judge these evil doers. They are not worth it. But the inocents of babies tortured like this will continue. I'm in shock.

Thank you for the candle Steve. And on the 27th there will be more than ever before. [group hug]

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
triathlongal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for triathlongal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also saw on the news. Horrific beyond words...Prayers to all...
Posts: 151 | From North East | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

No drugs? That makes it even scarier. Hard to imagine such evil.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

glm1111
Member # 16556

No drugs tutu, but to address the elephant in the room, this is a HIGHLY endemic area for ticks. Coupled with the fact that these people are already low life trash, Lyme rage could come in to play here if they were bitten.

Certainly not making any excuses for this abuse, but it has been a thought.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nah ain't buying that. you can blame alot on lyme but this is evil y'all....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KEEP THE CANDLES GLOWING FOR ALL OUR CHILDREN

-

-

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no drugs! wow, that was my first thought.

I agree with glm then- I had lyme rage and yes, I can see how this could lead to doing evil things.

sorry to say that, but everyone should know that lyme causes mental "illness" .

not saying these people had lyme or whatever- NOT making excuses for them! but just saying lyme can make you crazy for sure. my good freind killed himself becasue it drove him mad, not depressed.

[ 11-19-2014, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: LisaK ]

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5520

I truly think they were just pure plain evil

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement