LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » BettyG's husband has died

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BettyG's husband has died
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
BettyG has a heart of gold and that heart of hers is really hurting now.

Many of you may remember BettyG, who posted here at LymeNet for many years, especially helping those new to lyme find information and resources.

A couple years ago, she hopped over to another forum, MDJunction (their lyme forum), posting as Bettyg, continuing with her advocacy for those with lyme / TBD.

We keep in touch from time to time and she just me an email with very sad news. It's taken me two days to write up my own note for it, though the delay is not likely to result in any time sensitive matters.

Any thoughts / wishes can be posted here, or if you are registered at MDJunction, over there. I just could not find a specific thread there. I'm not registered there and it seems one must be to see a member's posting history.

I will send her this thread's link so she can read any well wishes those who remember her may wish to place here.

There is also the option of posting condolences at the link below. But I could not figure that out, exactly.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
In the early evening of Thursday, November 13:

BettyG writes that her husband of 40 years, Jack, "The love of my life - died tonight"

. . . A celebration of life was held Wednesday, Nov. 19th in Ames, Iowa .

Jack had been living in a residential care center for many months . . . with hospice assistance ("many hospice folks in every category came; very nice/helpful folks"). . . .

He had been in seriously ill health for several years with multiple conditions that brought both challenges and deepening of love to the couple.

A full obituary and online condolences may be found at

http://www.grandonfuneralandcremationcare.com/obituary/129463/JackHughGordon/obituary
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear. I hope she will be OK. Really tough to lose a spouse. I know she was very dedicated to him.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear this. I will remember Betty in my prayers. Dear Lord, comfort her!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear it. Tell her we miss her and send our condolences and hugs.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Betty - we send you our love and support during this time. I know how close you have been with your husband.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are in my prayers.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear this.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for your loss Betty. I remember the sympathy poems that you posted here years back.

The one that always comes to mind is
I'm spending Christmas with Jesus this year.
I'm not sure if that's the exact title.

Hugs Betty. May the Lord comfort you during this time.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, I am so sorry about your husband's death.
Please take care of yourself.

Wishing you the best,
Carol

-

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest <<<<< BettyG >>>>>,

Holding you in our hearts and prayers.

So very sorry for your loss.

Jus' Silverwolfi and TxCoord too.

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Betty,

My deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your beloved husband. Please find comfort in knowing he is no longer suffering, even though your heart is aching.

Here is the lovely "I'm Spending Christmas in Heaven with Jesus" poem which you sent out countless times to others for comfort. Now, be blessed by the Lord and comforted too.

Christmas in Heaven
by Wanda Bencke

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description, to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do
For I can't count the blessings or love He has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear
Remember, I am spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers. [group hug]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Betty emails that she is very touched by your kind notes. They mean a lot to her right now and she wanted me to convey her thanks.

She also clarified some detail that seems very puzzling to me, actually, in a couple different ways but there seems little help now in adding my bewilderment:

"he died of Stage 4 Cancer . . . lung, liver -- and death certificate said thought to be metastatic COLON cancer!! he died 2 days after DIAGNOSIS! He had no cancer prior.

in nursing home 8 months; sick since march 20." (end Betty's quote)
-

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

I am very sorry for your loss.

May God comfort you in the days ahead.

Praying for you to receive peace, hope and strength.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keebler:
-
Betty emails that she is very touched by your kind notes. They mean a lot to her right now and she wanted me to convey her thanks.

She also clarified some detail that seems very puzzling to me, actually, in a couple different ways but there seems little help now in adding my bewilderment:

"he died of Stage 4 Cancer . . . lung, liver -- and death certificate said thought to be metastatic COLON cancer!! he died 2 days after DIAGNOSIS! He had no cancer prior.

in nursing home 8 months; sick since march 20." (end Betty's quote)
-

Keebler, maybe they doctors didn't diagnose him correctly until then?? Or maybe in her grief, she either made a typo, or some other mistake. Heaven knows, it happens to most of us without that kind of grief!
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BettyG,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved husband. It seems like an unimaginable loss when you have been together so long.

May you find peace and comfort in the great love you shared, which NEVER dies. Please ask for help and caring from those who care about you in this difficult time.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so sorry for your loss.

God bless

___

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Rumigirl,

No typo on this from Betty but certainly does indicate some major "issues" with medical assessments being missed, misdiagnosis, etc.

Yet, it's not really all that uncommon to hear that someone had advanced cancer only detected at the last minute when other conditions were concurrent (if that is the proper use of the word). Not that other diagnoses weren't "there" perhaps (or symptoms too quickly got jumbled into diagnoses?), it is just that doctors maybe did not delve deeper. Or that it could be so elusive.

Surely sad, though, as for family who wonder "what if . . . " those thoughts can be a huge burden on their grieving.
-

steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, I'm so sorry about your husband's passing, he's in a better place now!

Take care of yourself.

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,
I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
A friend with a background in nursing told me this evening that sometimes cancers can grow very fast so my assumption of a medical overlook may have been unwarranted. It's important to correct that - or at least consider the possibility.

Also to consider that a sudden diagnosis at the eleventh hour in someone so ill with multiple conditions could spare them the pain and suffering of a harsh intense treatment that may not have been in time, anyway.

She worded it much better than that, though. I will recheck my wording tomorrow to be sure it reads as kindly (ly?) as possible.
-

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there Betty. I know this is a tuff time for you. Will be thinking of you.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

My wife and I are so sorry for your loss. Words

cannot express how deeply sorry we are that you

are going through this. I remember when I was

new to Lymenet.... you were always there for

my wife and I, no matter how silly the question

might have been. Just know, that we have been

thinking about you over the years. You will

always be in our prayers and WE MISS YOU! Once

again, we are so sorry for your loss.

Your Friends,

Roy & Katie

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this Keebler.. We have been thinking about her for quite some time. Much appreciated!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husband's friend has a physical. was told he was in good health. month later died of pancreatic cancer.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched an online 11-episode series on natural ways to heal cancer. It's available online, "Ongoing quest for the cures," hosted by Ty Bollinger. Excellent info for those even in late stage to turn it around, and tremendous info for avoiding it.

I think it would have been too late for Betty's husband, but there is still hope if cancer is far along to turn it around with natural treatments.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Betty<

My deepest condolences to you on your loss. May your memories sustain you. You mean a lot to so many here, and you are thought of often and with great fondness. Your friend, -Paulie

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Betty asks me to convey her deepest appreciation for the tender & heartfelt wishes from all, truly. Reading them has been a touching experience for her and she wanted to be sure you each get somewhat of a proper "Thank You!"
-

jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers are with her.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty so sorry for your loss of your dear husband.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd just like to mention that on the day that Betty found out her husband was dying, she asked others to take over her volunteer role helping people on Lyme forums find a doctor.

Even at such a terrible moment in her own life, she was thinking about others, showing concern and compassion for people she did not even know.

Betty is a great asset to the Lyme community, and a fine human being.

Elena

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bettyg,

So very sorry for your loss.

[group hug] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you Betty G
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, our friend,
We all grieve for you, and with you. You are not alone.
I cared for my husband at home with our 3 young children. We had wonderful hospice support. He died in our bed. I felt my world had ended. My younger son climbed into bed with me. He told me recently that he made me watch I Love Lucy. He said that when he saw me crying and laughing at the same time he knew I'd be ok...and that he, too, would be ok.
You will be ok, Betty. We'll be here for you...always.

My deepest sympathy.
Farraday

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers BettyG.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, I wanted to also say how sorry I was to hear about your husband. This is such a huge loss, and I'll keep you and your family both in my thoughts and prayers.
Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't tend to come here any more, but thought I would drop in for old times sake.

Yes, I remember Betty and so very sorry to hear of her loss. I'll drop her an email.

Thanks for letting us know, Keebler

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moved back from Switzerland last year and spent 12 months settling in. Now I returned to lymenet after my long absence and see this post. So sorry to hear of this. Betty G. was always so supportive. My condolences. Hugs.
Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
A recent email from Betty - (as she no longer posts here at LymeNet yet has read the notes left here for her) she asks to extend her true appreciation for such kind words from so many good souls -- and for stories of how others managed to come out the other side.

farraday, really touching story about your young son knowing then that if he could get you to laugh why you cried, you'd be okay - and so would he.

[ 01-15-2015, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest Bettyg, so sorry to hear of your loss. I just lost my husband, soul mate and the love of my life Oct.7 2014.. We would have been married 32 years this Valentines day. I can feel your heartache and most of every emotion and physical pain you are going through. I am alone as the children, grans are away or so busy with their life and problems they haven't time and I understand as I am a wreck and on a heck of a roller coaster ride. My prayers and if you ever need a shoulder I am a pm away..
Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement