LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Doctor has abandoned me right before treatment-help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doctor has abandoned me right before treatment-help!!
Mariel25
Member # 45205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariel25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was about to be treated with Rocephin right after Christmas.Been sick for a long time and the doctor agreed that it was best for me right now. After that, no one from the office ever called me back. I called, faxed and pleaded to let me know what was going on. Been a patient for over 4 years and can't believe this. I've seen so many of the famous doctors and thought this was the one to help. Extremely depressing. I live in Connecticut. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Posts: 61 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
If you have the leader for your closest (and others around you) of the lyme support groups, you might call and ask if there is something going on with the practice.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariel25
Member # 45205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariel25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have anyone to call. No one should be treated like this especially when you are this sick.
Posts: 61 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
There might be some kind of logical explanation. It may not be personal.

Their office may have a website or Facebook page if there is an announcement of emergency closure or something like that and if their voice message on the answering machine didn't "take" - perhaps

or if maybe they got a whole new phone system and it's gone haywire by dropping incoming messages & faxes.

The only thing I can think of is to contact someone with one of these groups.

http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/UnitedStates/Connecticut/

Several lyme support group in CT

http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/UnitedStates/

Groups in the U.S.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Oh, but in a very similar over in the medical forum, you said that he has changed his mind.

So then, some contact has been made. And the news can be a shock when you were so counting on that IV.

Still, there may be matters that we don't know about when a doctor changes methods. But this seems very up in the air so still you might contact one of the groups new you / the doctor to help sort it out what's behind the sudden shift.

I'm sure others will have other ideas or insight.
-

Mariel25
Member # 45205

I assume he changed his mind because no one is calling me back. What a nightmare!
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
There may have been some kind of office emergency. I always like to hold onto the hope that there could be a logical explanation until I hear from the source.

Good luck.
-

Mariel25
Member # 45205

Nope- just pick up a certified letter saying he is terminating me because I went to see another doctor which I did since his office wasn't returning phone calls. No reason to discharge someone.
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Oh. Curious. See discussion and suggestions about that over here, then in your other post on this in medical:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/131135?#000003
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Oh. Sorry to hear that. Wonder if they thought Rx would be doubled? If you explain that it was because you thought they dropped you, maybe they will understand. But I think they should have called to ask you what was going on.

See discussion and suggestions about that over here, then in your other post on this in medical:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/131135?#000003
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
So, then you have seen a new doctor. A LLMD, I assume. Do you think that doctor would be a good fit for your case

or are you still searching?
-

droid1226
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you mention anything about trouble paying or complain about price? That is the only reason I've seen 2 people get dropped by their LLMD. They mentioned it in passing and Boom...They get a letter from the office.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariel25
Member # 45205

Never said a word about the price of a visit.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement