LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Self-centered rant.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Self-centered rant.
Kudzuslipper
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... I don't know where else I can whine about all these things, mostly happening to other people around me... But effecting me... I feel so selfish complaining!

February:
Snow. Snow. Snow. Mountains of snow.

No heat for 3 days during the coldest days of the year. spent 1k to fix a motor on a 20 year old furnace, but replacing the furnace would have taken 2 weeks.

Ice dam causes leak in dining room

Garage door breaks

March:

We finally get my mom (almost 91) to move to assisted living. Yay! Family issues [Frown] feel like I'm 12 again. Mom is like Dorothy dropped in OZ!

But mom settles in quickly and loves the place. What a relief. Was supposed to be closer to all of her 4 kids...except me. Hour and a half to 2 to get there in weekday traffic. I hate driving... But my oldest sister who is retired is a minute away... Good compromise... But still I hate driving, especially at night in the snow!

This Sunday, the guy I work with, my partner in all production, has a ski accident... He broke his neck! But thank god he is ok! Not paralyzed or worse. But he is out for a long while during the busiest time of our season... I will be working with a handful of different (unknown) people on a project my boss has called "the most important project of her career!" No pressure.

Monday, My husband gets the flu. 102,fever he's miserable.
Dogs are all my responsibility for a while.

This morning my sister takes my mom to a new dr. He calls her this afternoon, and says take her to the hospital immediately for more testing... Both her red and white blood counts are extremely low. Waiting for an update.

I am so exhausted and have so much to do. My monthly flare of symptoms has lasted two months (it's usually 3-4 days) and my barrometric headaches are back.

Thanks for listening/reading. Sorry to whine. I'm just really overwhelmed!

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow... That is indeed a LOT TO HANDLE!!!

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through SO MUCH!

Awful!! Do keep us posted on your mom and your boss ... and YOU!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So so sorry ..

I am retired, live alone with 9 lb dog who uses potty pads so we dont even go out every day and this winter has about done me in. And i am only responsibe for me and her. No job. No other responsibiitis. Iam so sorry

All i can say is simplyfy and prioritize and say no...i cant do it

When my family counted on my income i worked and slept and little else.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kudz! Good to hear from you but not the stress!

Keep the faith, your Mom is at place now where she can be helped/ monitored w/ medical if she needs it-

have to think at 91 nobody's blood looks that great, right? Trying for some humor-

Let your DH be in bed, just show up at work, just show up,

and Spring is right around the corner!

Sending good thoughts and support---------

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks surprise, kayak and tutu.

So today was very stressful in an odd way. I couldn't do a thing. They wouldn't let me visit my mom cause my hubby had the flu and her white blood cells were so low. But then this afternoon they released her to go back home to communal living! I am waiting for the full report but they think she has a cancer of the bone marrow either MDS or or chronic leukemia.
I think the treatment will be blood transfusions.

Hubby is hacking away, but seems a bit better today.

A little paralyzed with all I have to do! Must. Not. Get. Sick.

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto what tutu said. WOW
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad you got some rest today... but I know that was still stressful for you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Week later... Hubby is better. (And I didn't get sick [Smile] . My mom is really no different than she was before Dx. And is ok with the treatment and prognosis. My colleague seems to be making remarkable strides in recovery. I am totally overworked, but I am just "showing up" surprise, and the work is getting done.

Not perfect, but better than last week. Thanks for letting me and supporting my "poor me" rant!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hang in there!!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, it's good to let it out sometimes.

so many people with so much on their plate. it can be so taxing.

it must be such a releif that your mom likes that place???

[Smile]

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good!

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement