LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » "I hope you get officially sick" Drs misdiagnosing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "I hope you get officially sick" Drs misdiagnosing
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is probably the best story I've come across in a very long time. It was recently released by an online writer/blogger Who I've been following for a year now. I absolutely loved so I thought i would share.

With a dear friend in mind He writes about what some (us) people have to go through to get a diagnosis and a doctor who 'gets it'

if the URL doesn't work just type - theferrett i hope you get officially sick

[URL=http://www.theferrett.com/ferrettworks/2015/04/i-hope-you-get-officially-sick/][/URL]

--------------------
Back At It

Posts: 203 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm re-posting the link for you so it can be easily opened:

http://www.theferrett.com/ferrettworks/2015/04/i-hope-you-get-officially-sick/

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Told you I was sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Told you I was sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HK- this is an awesome blog post. Thank you for sharing it with this Group! Two days ago, I myself had one of those 'The Phrase' moments. It wasn't the usual suspects, either (Lyme, Babesia, Autonomic Neuropathies, etc.)... Unfortunately, as we well know, although those Phrases should be more than enough to justify an actual real-deal disease process to any (mainstream) physician, they sadly are not. Nope- my very rare neurological/neuropathic disease has finally been attached to my health chart, if-you-will. I have officially been assigned the diagnosis (medical) code that is used by medical prfessionals and health insurers in the industry.

It's likely hard for some to wrap their heads around another being 'joyous' with such news. Me on the other hand? It's like I just celebrated all of my 38 birthdays on one day.

Oh happy day!

Thanks again for posting here (and thanks for your efforts, too, Abxnomore)!

Told you...

Posts: 315 | From Negative (-) to positive (+) | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing.. Moving to General Support

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great blog post.

Unfortunately for lyme and tickborne patients getting the initial diagnosis is only the first battle.

Once you have had your 28 days or whatever is the current IDSA approved dose of antibiotics or your 10 days of Babesia treatment you are "cured" and no longer sick in the eyes of the IDSA and standard AMA docs.

Until the chronic nature of lyme and babsesia and other tickborne illnesses is recognized patients will continue to suffer.

So it is an ongoing battle with every doc you encounter except for the few brave LLMD's who get it.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
My hope is that doctors get "officially educated" in the matters of lyme, tick-borne and chronic stealth infections

and "officially educated" in matters of politics & insurance that are just destroying people by keeping doctors in the dark

and that doctors become "officially educated" in nutrient deficiencies (too may GI doctors can't even properly diagnose celiac), etc.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes I know! It's forever a burden for us but the more educated a person is about their illness the more they can learn, and the better off they'll be both mentally and physically.

Insurance co. not taking responsibility, but advantage instead Bc its an invisible illness will always be the main problem. I think politician's and the gov in general are literally demons in human skin. I doubt the system will ever change since they have all the power over doctors.

But still the dx was a godsend. When everyone doubts you, doesn't understand, and thinks your crazy, it actually makes you crazy. Never mind the ridiculous misdiagnosis such as your depressed And whatnot.

I remember once in the er during a lyme anxiety Attack, head of GI came into my room where there was a chalk board and spent 45 minutes explaining anxiety using math equations. I was barely breathing, conscious, or alive and had to listen to this. it was worse than sleeping next to Freddie krougar and I literally wanted to kill myself after leaving. And after every other 50 plus dr visits.

@itoldyou so glad you enjoyed it. I know how much we all relate !
i pretty much stalk this ferretts blogs, but when i came across this piece, I fell in love lol

--------------------
Back At It

Posts: 203 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement