LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Power Chair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Power Chair
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thinking via the keyboard. Not a happy camper with the way the power chair company handled providing me a chair nor the chair they provided.

1. Not even sure returning the power chair is an option...

2. The guy that delivered it said he contacted someone and they will be calling me about coming to adjust the power chair to my body.

3. Reviews on the power chair are very poor. I feel like they have dropped off something that I am not goign to be happy with.

But, that brings me back to what are my options??

I was told that insurance would not provide a power chair that reclines but they did do that.

Power chair will not go on my lift that I have on my car.

And it is very uncomfortable. I do not know if adjusting it my body will help.

It has teh small wheels which is not good.

Sits very low to the ground.

So, is complaining all I can do at this point or what else are my options?

It looks like i need to sit upright in order to use the power chair.

I need something that will allow me to elevate my feet while moving and to recline a bit while moving.

Local power chair business said he suggested I contact a person and see if they can not provide a power chair.

I know the waiting list is long for that and I doubt I would be elgible since insurance will provide a chair..it is just not one that will make life more do able.

OK need to think via the keyboard later. Too discouraged right now to think more positive and problem solve.

Just thinking of negatives.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thinking off the top of my head, but maybe you could contact the Lyme Disease United Coalition at (800) 311-7518. They are very knowledgeable and might be able to offer some sort of advice or refer you somewhere to get the help you need.

Here is their website:

http://www.lduc.org/lyme-disease-resources

If you scroll down, you might find something which might possibly help your situation.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I scanned thru the site. Lots of good info on the site.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Last I heard a person called a person to see if someone could come out and adjust the chair for me.

But, I have started writing a letter to send and hope to get it in the mail on Monday. Not even sure who to send it too.

yes the address on the papers that were dropped off but doubt that office is much help.

Lousy way of doing business. Thinking I will also contact the Pride Quatum business and the medicare advantage plan I have insurance thru.

LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so did they say they would send someone to adjust the chair? maybe then they can see it is a bad fit for you?

I hope this works out. I know you suffer much. I'm sorry for your troubles

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement