LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise...what can you do today? October 18th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise...what can you do today? October 18th
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is third day of my mini-vacay at maine beach. My every other day walk was unloading and then loading car!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a beautiful, bright day here...chilly, windy, peak foliage. I just watched a bunch of seals going crazy in the water...eating i guess...but really big splashes. Ive been told no sharks here. Maybe they were playing...or breeding. They put on a show

I have to leave vacay house later but i am cleaning up and packing car in shifts. We get a hard freeze tonight so i want to get home to cover some plants

It was pretty nice here...i could keep air clean in bedroom...def musty we ithout air blowing thru...but its a two min drive to my fav spot to be instead of an hour from the house...so i may come back.

There are enough beds for my kids...but one bath and not much privacy. Theres five units in this house tho...so it might work if we had two units

Anyway....i did a lot of reading about the protocol i am on. Its not just mold...he tests for lyme and co s and a bunch of other stuff...and tx for each is built in.

I got the most neg result from igenex i ever had...this was last june. And bart and babs also low

My adrenals went from 2.1 in june to 17 in sept just by getting out of mold and using welchol

Alo of my other scores improved too...nothing got worse....but my gi feels worse than it ever has....that seems wierd to me but proticol is strictly based on test results...not sx. He says sx go crazy during the process...but if you follow it all falls into place...like adrenals normalizing without tx

Im.glad i had this time to read the stuff without distraction...its complicated

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just noticed its the 18 th. My alaska brothers bday. I finally found macintosh apples to send him. He missed them as nd cant get them up there. About $75. To send him 48 apples! Sure hope they get there safe. He deserves it. He helped me out wheni first started renovating the house and still refused to let me pay him back

--------------------

hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LP--Beach sounds wonderful. Glad your test results are coming back so well.

Slept in today. Body is just exhausted from the past few weeks, so decided to treat it to a stay in bed.

Did walk this afternoon for 35 minutes with trekking poles.

Construction guy is here working on the pergola. Hope to get it rebuilt and stained before the cold weather. Thought he was going to stain the untreated wood before he started which would have made more sense to me, but as long as he gets it done.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lpkayak, how nice of you to send those apples to your brother! Hope you are enjoying that beach house!
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you could get away, kayak! Hope you have a safe trip back and get home in time to protect the plants. Yes, very nice that you could send the apples to your brother. I know he will love them!

hiker .. Do hope the guy gets the pergola up before the cold weather.

I've had to cover my plants the last two nights... I think it will be safe now for awhile. I'll have to check.

We got our new piano for church this week and hubby used it today at the services. It's really nice! It's a digital piano but looks like a real one. Sounds great!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Good morning! Im waking up in my house in my comfy chair. I toasty warm ,..heater is working fine...im always a little scared to turn it on in the fall. Ive been switching as many appliances to propane cuz its so much cheaper...but it scares me a little

I know some ppl with mcs have trouble with the fumes...i dont think i do. Not really sure. So hard to sort some of this stuff out

So exetcise last night was emptying car and covering all my new schrubs and fall flowers. I hope they re ok. I think it went down to 27.

I think i can.un cover themin an hour. I have tons of laundry and cleaning to do. Looks likeexercise room has the least dust so i ll start there

I will try to do at least a short walk with etta too...i need to wean off remediation and onto real, measurable exercise

Hope you guys have good day...some need rest...some need pt...some need a quiet place to breathe good air....i dont know about this bunch. We all need to get back on track

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Rested all day Saturday. Sunday did some laundry, ironing and made fried rice for dinner.
Went to physical therapy today and am sore. My left SI joint is stiff and she worked it over and gave me home exercises. My next appointment is in 10 days. Between the deep tissue massage and PT I think I'm going to be ok. My cold is getting some better too.

Kayak-Thanks for starting this week's thread. I can't believe you were at the beach in Maine! I bet it's beautiful this time of year!

Hiker-I slept in til 10 on Sunday! It felt wonderful to get some much needed rest. Sometimes we just need to veg!

TuTu-I've never even heard of a digital piano. Something else for me to google.

Hope everyone has a great day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. Maybe "electronic" is a better word? But it is digital too. You never have to have them tuned and they have all kinds of sounds on them. They can sound exactly like a pipe organ if you want them too.

It's like the "synthesizers" ..but it looks exactly like a real piano. Very classy.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalpianos/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to read how everyone is doing. Just got in from laying under a tree in the parking lot in the power chair outdoors...playing monopoly on iphone.

Air is nice out but must admit the cool wind waas a bit much at times.

Not sure what I did today so far...I recall filling out the papers for low income loan to purchase a home and mailing them in...I am sure there is a lot more they will ask me.

I hope it works out.

I recall driving ...ah yes...I drove over to the airport this am and got an omelet to go.

Tried to eat it at the picnic table outdoors but body could not hold itself up.

So drove home and laid back down.

I saw something about a piano that lights up to tell you which key to play. I thought that might be something I could do?? If I could sit upright . HA!

1:30 pm here. no rain today but rain predicted for tomorrow.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes. I started to listen to a neighbor talk about his trip to DC but got interrupted. I hope to hear more.

25 WW1 Vets were invited to DC. He was one of them. One WW1 was a woman. She was a radio operator in the coast guards.

So cool he is still doing well enough to make the trip back to Washington. Many of us here could not have done that.

He said they it was well planned. His words were they dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

The thing with the piano keys lighting up would be fun. Could be a crutch for young learners though. They'd have to turn it off sooner or later! [Smile]

Kam .. That would have to be WWII .. not one.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I didnt do my exercise walk. I wasted time fixing fb page

I stood alot while watering and deadheading plants. I often have flowers til christmas week but i dont know about this year. I had lilues almost ready to bloom a second time and the buds turned black. Others hav buds but leaves are dying

I kept laundry going all day and then took etta to petco so she could go in eith me to buy her a coat. Last year small was too big. This year she needed a medium

I walked in store with her at least 10-15 min so between that and the yard work i know it eas exercise...but not "formal, measurable "
Exercise that was my plan

Etta got food and a toy too.

Im very sore-tight in neck and shoulders...i didnt sleep that well in rental bed last night...thats probably why

So tomorrow i can try to do more outside and start to prep for house cleaning help. They are doing all windows in and out and hopefully wiping sheet rock dust in 4 rms and hall

Im ready for early bed now.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday-It's 9:21 and I'm done with almost everything, just have to water plants later. Trying to learn to bend correctly per physical therapist. I bend from my hips instead of my waist so I'm trying to retrain myself. You think it'd be easy, ha!

TuTu-Checked out those pianos, they're lovely. Took some lessons as a child but never kept it up. Wish I did.

Kam-The weather's so nice here but I can't get out and about yet but hopefully soon. It's perfect picnic weather. I'd love to go with my Mom, Josh and his dog to the park.

Kayak-I remember taking Rocky to Petco 'once'. He could not walk at all on their flooring. It was like he was walking on ice and it freaked him out! I felt terrible. Glad little Etta had a blast though and got treats!

Sure am ready to get over my back injury and cold. Working 6 days this week and can't wait for my days off!

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rode the exercise bike some yesterday and did some leg exercises.

So windy out that I decided walking would be going in reverse!

Hope to walk today.

AK--Wish I could get my work done as quickly as you do.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

When i take etta in a store i have to put her in the cart. She bites little kids if they come up to her

I had to go out to buy eggs and veggies. I also bought potting soul

Then came home...un loaded and took truck to get a load of tick repelling cedar mulch. I hope my yard guy will get here and make my beds a little bigger and spread the mulch

Then i made a pecan apple

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

pecan apple what? Tell us! My taste buds are enticed and I am salivating!

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

My phone wouldnt type...acting wierd...pecan apple bread(didnt have walnuts i usually use) with cinnamon, ginger and cloves to feed the parasites....and a pineapple coconut bread....and im tryingvto decide what to do about two pumpkins i bought. When i started to scoop them out they acted like spaghrtti squash...im wondering if i can.eat it. I steamed it in chunks...it smells right. I was gonna make spicey pumkin pecan muffins....im not allowed raisans any more

Hiker have you heard of a pumpkin acting like spaghetti squash...on line i found one other woman who had it happen but no answer...i dont think she ate hers

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I was wondering too .. maybe it's just pecans crammed into an apple and then baked?

[lol]

I did 23 minutes on the machine and 16 laps. Then I ate a chicken salad at Fuddrucker's and picked up a few items at the grocery store.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Aw heck .. the mystery was solved too quickly for me!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Oh...muffins and bresds are gluten free but new recipe...hope they re good.

I have so much to do outside but i think im gonna fall asleep

I go to primary tomorrow

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Im taking time to read this...that pecan baked apple sounds good tute!

Hiker...sure hope your energy comes back. I think its really important to listen when your body wants rest. Really impotant things happen when we sleep...in our bodies i mean

Ak...i was hoping you would go to pr and walk out painfree...i hope tx works soon. I wasnt working when i hurt my si...i cant imagine having to sit in a regular chair

Kam ,...i was happy to hear about you finding a tree in the parking lot to lie under...are mosquitoes or biting flies a problem there

We are in my absolute fav part of the year. The warm days after the first killing frost are wonderful...bug free...crisp...not hot and humid...sometimes it will be like this til christmas. Thats a goid year. Esp if snow melts before may!

After a nap yesterday i went ahead and made the pumpkin pecan muffins...again with many bug killing spices. I couldnt stand long enough to make a many apple breads that i had apples for so i threw them in a pan and made apple crisp. Apples were so ripe i dudnt need any sugar.

These apples were free from neighbors friend who gets too many from their trees. They are my fav kind-macoun-im going to offer to pick my own and pay for them next year...im sure they dont have as much pesticide as sore bought ones. And they taste great

Well all my baking stuff is in freezer-incluuding a bunch of cooked pumpkin. That will last me over a month

So...need to get ready for primary and keep plugging away at house so i can.make good use of cleaners tomorrow

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Looks like you all have been busy this week so far. Hoping to scan what you all have been up to when able.

STayed off computer for the most part all last week. Laid in power chair outside near apartment.

yesterday, too cold and rainy so I watched movies on computer and alsoo laid in bed next to computer playing monopoly on iphone

Had the increased brain inflamation so there is a connection there as last week the brain had less pressure going on or inflamation.

Not sure what I will be able to do today.

STay off computer makes sense. Someone mentioned it may be the movies I am watching on the computer that is causing it.

So checking in today. Then I will shut computer down in a bit.

Maybe wifi??

All I know is I want the brain stuff to go away.

kam
Member # 3410

Went out at sunrise to clear my head as the cold air helps.

Rosie had a good run off leash with me in the power chair.

She is not bugging me to take her for a ride this am in the car so far. This is good.

Power chair needs wheels. It was a rough ride this am. Do not have the funds to even see about getting used ones.

Wrote company to see where getting a new power chair is at. Sure hope they are able to get me one that works for me.

I got mixed messages from the guy who came and got the one that would not work out when he came and got it.

So will be on the edge of my seat until I know if they are going to bring me one that will work.

kam
Member # 3410

OOps. Rosie is giving me the look. So I guess we are going for a ride in the car this am. HOping that helps with the brain pressure.

Took 2 excedrin but so far it has not helped.

kam
Member # 3410

Also tried to be on my feet a little but this am in the field but once again could only take a few steps and then needed to get back in power chair.
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Wow, I'm tired. Takes me awhile to recover from those long Mondays. Usually by today I'm better but still dragging. Must be from my cold. Need to iron a little tonight but might try to put it off.

Hiker-Josh mentioned going to the walking track the other day. I'm hoping my SI joint gets better so I can at least shamble around out there. The weather is so nice I hate to miss it.

Kayak-That little Etta, a holy terror huh? Changing the subject, you sure are cooking up a storm! Your baking sounds wonderful! If I feel better and can talk Josh into helping, I'm going to make a chicken enchilada casserole this weekend. I feel like cooking too (and eating).

TuTu-I sure didn't know Fuddrucker's had chicken salad. I've had their burgers and hotdogs. Talking about all this food is making me hungry.......

Kam-I get eye strain from staring at my monitor all day. It's weird because when I leave work, it's hard for my eyes to adjust seeing long distance. I've got to stay off the internet! Hope the inflammation gets better.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

got a shower. Sheesh. That wore me out.

Tried the enema thing again with just water again.

Still not successful but head stuff does seem to be doing a bit better right now. Did have some success...not sure if it is related or not.

it seems i did something else but can not recall now. need to eat breakfast and take meds next.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Was at work by 7 this morning, but came home at a reasonable time.

Walked 30 minutes and watered some plants.

Enchiladas make my mouth water.

I am cooking spaghetti tonight--made the sauce this weekend, so having it with snow peas and gluten free pasta.

May watch the Cubs game or at least part of it tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That Cubs game is sad thus far. The World Series won't be much fun for me this year. OH well.

Ran errands today, will have an appointment tomorrow afternoon and then Operation Christmas Child gathering Thursday night. It should be very inspiring.

We will hear a speaker from Rwanda tell about his experiences there. His entire family was killed by terrorists. He received an OCC shoebox and it changed his life forever.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Not much work today thank goodness. No computer work today so just surfing the net. Already made my sales folders and coffee so just drinking a cup of joe and eating oatmeal here at my desk. Only thing about not having a lot of work is it makes for a long day. I shouldn't complain though because it's probably all I can handle right now.

Kam-I know how that head inflammation can make you miserable. Hope you get better!

Hiker-Wish I could squeeze in some exercise. Lately I'm wiped out when I get home so taking it easy as much as I can. Even thinking this weekend might not do a whole lot except some cooking and chores.

TuTu-One of the movies I bought was 'Hotel Rwanda'. Doesn't compare to hearing it first hand from a survivor but it did reveal some of the horror of genocide. I can't even imagine surviving something like that. I bet his story is inspiring.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

Just got back from taking Rosie out. I did the off leash thing in the field next door again with me in the power chair.

So she was able to stretch her legs. Usually there are no cars at dawn but this am 4 cars came by...thankfully she was in the field.

But, wishing I had a van to load power chair and go somewhere she would be safer or my health was doing well enough to load power chair on lift and head out to the forest area we go.

I miss when i came back from the hotel and was able to load the power chair daily and take her out there.

Body in more pain than baseline.

Sheets came off bed. They are the back up sheets when the other two sets need cleaning.

At first I could not figure out why I was back to having the sheets not staying on the bed.

But, it only took me a 24 hours plus a couple hours this am to figure it out this time. HA!

It is the sheets...not the person who put the sheets on.

Speaking of caregivers. Saw the caregiver pull the filter system out of the brita water pitcher, fill the pitcher with tap water, and then put the filter system back in the pitcher.

OK. What was that all about?? Told her if she needed water just go ahead and use the tap water but the brita water pitchers are for filtered water??

Weird.

Looking forward to her coming tomorrow though. Did not have the funds for the extra paid help this week or the rest of the month or most likely next month so missing the extra help with getting things done.

A friend got groceries for me this week.

Today I hope to get the black bean and buffalo chili I made in the freezer.

HOping to do some other things too but darn if I can recall what they are. Oh yes. GET a birthday card to an old friend that is about 2 weeks over due..as i kept waiting for health to co operate.

Did not have the head stuff yesterday although I was indoors for the most part. Not sure why.

I was able to unhook the wifi before going to bed last night and fall asleep on my own without listening to wild china on the computer.

It is rare that happens.

I was out more than normal yesterday. I think I took Rosie for a ride 3 different times yesterday in the car.

The 3rd time she got out of the car but just stood there looking at me so I let her back in the car.

Not sure why she kept giving me the look yesterday...but once we were out of the house and going for a ride in the car she seemed to be ok.

She just sat in the car while I playing a game of monopoly in the place that she usually gets out and explores for a bit.

Trying to teach her hand signs as she doesn't hear like she use to.

kam
Member # 3410

Slept in clothes last night so i did not need to get dressed this am. This is good especially when the body is hurting so much.

Only have one pair of clothes I can sleep in now and wear outside as other pair loss the stretch part in the waist.

kam
Member # 3410

ALW..like hearing about you sitting at your desk at work having coffee and oatmeal. MIss something as simple and normal as that.

And yes. Good you are not over loaded as that would be so stressful with low health.

kam
Member # 3410

Gives me the shivers to hear about the person who had his family killed and then got a care box from strangers.
kam
Member # 3410

ALW...wondering if you have tried any of the computer glasses for eye strain. I hear gunnar optics are the best.

I did order a less expensive brand awhile back but sent them back as I felt they did not make any difference.

kam
Member # 3410

I have some glasses here someone where with yellow lenses in them. I keep thinking about trying them when looking at the computer but keep forgetting.
kam
Member # 3410

kayak...it is strange but mosquitos and bugs are not a problem here usually.

Some times mosquitos are around at dusk.

I do recall putting an natural repellent on in the early morning when I use to be able to walk in the forest with rosie for a short bit.

it was just during one season. most of the time...not a problem.

Even when I went camping they were not a problem.

kam
Member # 3410

hiker..i find that part about it being so windy walking would be in reverse funny.

think i will try walking in reverse for a few steps today just for fun and pretend I am in the wind.

Ah. I am easily amused since lyme and company or MSIDS>

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by kam:
[QB]

Speaking of caregivers. Saw the caregiver pull the filter system out of the brita water pitcher, fill the pitcher with tap water, and then put the filter system back in the pitcher.

OK. What was that all about?? Told her if she needed water just go ahead and use the tap water but the brita water pitchers are for filtered water??

Weird.

-
She probably thought that's how you do it. She didn't know she has to wait for the tap water to filter through.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I think i posted and lost it awhile ago...its been busy. I like primary even tho she isnt really lyme or mold literate. Shes smart. Focussed. Open to learning new stuff. And very caring

She thinks my high cholesterol is "fafamilil"
?????

And agrees i should keep trying to get on welchol(so both mold doc and primary agree) she doesnt push for statins at all. She told me there is a new drug out for high cholesterol...a shot in the stomach. I said i didnt like new drugs. She didnt push at all.

She just wants me to exercise five min four times a day every other day and see if tht helps

Today i walked 5 min 3 times so far. I make myself do it before meals. When weather is bad i can bike inside

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Do you mean "familial?"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yes tutu. I didnt proof. I dont know where all those letters came from

I biked five min. My left leg-the good one felt like it wanted to cramp but i went for five min so i made goal. Im.writing it on phone to keep track

There are two beds forsale lose to me. They arent hospital beds but they go up and down like hosp bed sd. If i had one i might be able to sleep in bed again.

Right now im nervous going to look at them.cuz its a craigslist guy. I would only buy one and take futon.out of office and put it there. Futons are easy to sell around here

Not sure wht i ll do about bed. The cleaners came and did all window sd, moved two a c s to slider and wiped ceiling and walls in four rooms

Nite all..im really sle er py

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey, kayak .. I think her exercise plan is a good idea. It sort of stimulates the body and may help you burn more calories that way. Plus you won't overdo it and tax your body. Just a thought.

--

I went to the Operation Christmas Child event tonight. Alex was so inspiring. I watched his story again after I got home and it made me even more amazed after having heard the things he told us. Over one million people were killed in Rwanda back then. I believe it all began in 1994.

500,000 children were orphaned. He told us how so many times his life was spared and he had survivor's guilt for awhile. His entire family was killed. His story is one of forgiveness.

I hope you will take the time to hear his story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-oz_IYZWA

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Able to take Rosie out again this am in the parking lot and let her be off leash up an ddown the sidewalk at dawn....it was not light enough for me to go to the field next door

rested.

then took a couple of excedrin

rested

then folded some of my clothes that were washed on Tuesday I think and put away

resting now

then hoping to try the enema thing again and take a shower and give Rosie a bath...hmm...as i type this i know this is too much to try...

so maybe just giving rosie and i a shower

knees are not hurting as much this am so far. This is good.

may be getting some mepron for the babesia so this is good

kam
Member # 3410

kayak..did you get a good night's rest/sleep?

Getting a bed that you might be able to sleep in is good. Hope it works out.

tutu..watched the video....and shared it on FB

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by kam:

tutu..watched the video....and shared it on FB

-
It was awesome, wasn't it!?

Kam... did you see my note to you above about the water filter?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wow kam...it sounds to me like you might be doing a little better

I slept ok in recliner. I am still on my highest dose pain meds...ibu, neurontin, skelaxin as well as fish oil, curcumin and mag and other supps

I got off track when i forgot to take all of them to vacay and then couldnt find them when i got hime for a few days

They were in a bag with my laptop i forgot to take. I missed the meds but not the laptop!

So this morning i went and looked at beds, lifted weiggts five min and walked 7 min...etta was so happy chasing leaves we didnt want to come in

Now im on way th o knee doc er. I usualy stop half way for cup of tea...

The bed would probably fit and seems to work but the frame was covered by some kind of puffy fabric. And there was tons og dog hair. If theres dog hair there could be flea eggs i thunk. Also it weighs 300 lbs so i need to pay someone to move it

I dont know about that...plus somehow cleaning it and ....idk

Tume to go

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

tutu...yes..still kind of mind boggled with that but the positives with this caregiver out weigh the negatives.
kam
Member # 3410

Got the shower and switched program a bit ...i took my shower first then washed rosie...i did a better job of washing both of us...

..but not sure if it is because i switched the program or i was just a bit stronger this am and used sit down shelf in shower to wash both of us.

she needs a shave of her face, feet and behind ...but that will have to come out of next month's budget.

Thankfully, it is cooler now and her long hair is not an issue. I will also cut around her eyes when i am doing well enough so I can see them.

And I tried to clean out her ears a bit. I need to purchase some more of the ear cleaning stuff.

I just used water this time. Also able to wash her collar, leash and working vest. It is hanging in the sun drying now..I hope...need to check it as the sun moves about.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Im back from doc. I overdid the gardening and many tendons are very sore. He just said slow down and take more anti inflams for awhile. Xrays looked fine thank goodness. I over heard a lady in waiting room saying she didnt have any hip right now. She got staff infection so they took old one out but didnt replace it. I didnt know that could happen. She was walking with crutches.

Im gonna call bed guy and say no. Too risky for me

Its a beautiful day but the positions ihad to get into for xray really hurt me so im not doing any of the stuff that needs doing. Just resting

Im thinking i might lift weights for last exercise...but even my eobow hurts now so im not sure. Still lots to do in and out to get ready for winter

Hope all have a good day

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Almost forgot to post today. Only a few hours sleep last night so I'm barely hanging in there. 45 minutes to go here at work and am going to crash when I get home. I was supposed to help Josh at the fall festival tonight(face painting) but am going to beg off.

Working tomorrow so I'll see you all then.

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam .. Glad the day went well. What "program" are you referring to? Just wondering.

Kayak.. The doc said to slow down. Listen.
Glad you are not going to get the bed. Sounded scary.

I went to hubby's show again today. They did really well .. all of them. Such a privilege to see it for free!

I'm very worried about everyone in Mexico and Texas. Texas is already getting tons of rain the storm is not anywhere near them yet. My brother and his wife are in Washington DC and their house could be in danger if all this rain keeps up. I have lots of family and friends in danger.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Must be too early for everyone. Well, it's 9:01 and I stocked in one car and made the coffee. Don't have to make any sales folders. Just water the plants and answer the phones.

I was so exhausted yesterday! When I got in my car to leave for the day I backed right up into a huge light post. I don't know how in the world I missed it! My rear bumper is ok (amazingly) just scratched up quite a bit. Needless to say I went straight home, scarfed down some chips and salsa, followed by half a sleeping pill and a cranberry vodka drink. I slept for 9 hours!

Kam-I haven't tried any glasses for eye strain yet. I need to check it out. I try not to stare all day long at my screen. I get up and shamble around the dealership because of my back and also I look across the street to try and get my eyes to focus on something not so close. BTW, hope you can get some decent care givers. Couldn't believe it when I read that she pulls the filter out and then puts the water in! Sheesh!

TuTu-I hope that your friends and family are going to be ok. I've been oblivious to the weather lately and don't know what's going on. More flooding ahead?

Also had a chance to watch that link but didn't have the sound on. Even just seeing it, I'm amazed by the young man. Where does such grace and compassion come from?

Kayak-That's a great idea exercising before meals. I have to be on a schedule or I can't remember to do things regularly. Hope that helps your cholesterol.

Anyways, gang, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

See you all next week!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Praying for your friends and family in Texas.

Kam--praying you get some decent caregivers!

Lp--I'll be coming over this winter to eat your gluten free goodies.

Ak--Oh my! Glad you and the car were not hurt.

I had parent conferences yesterday and saw over 80 parents. Much harder than a teaching day even though they went well. Felt like I was on a conveyer belt going from parent to parent to parent.

Did my grocery shopping last night and spent this morning cooking--pork, chicken, veal.

Went to the library this afternoon and almost met my maker twice when someone came down a one way street the wrong way.

Coming out of the exit to the library a SUV came barreling in. Narrowly avoided me and then flipped me off. Well, she came in the exit not the entrance, so she was at fault. Clearly marked.

So, I am now going to take short nap and then watch come college football.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow, AK .. glad you are home resting now! The storm I'm referring to is the largest hurricane/cyclone ever to hit the Western Hemisphere. It went in on the western coast of Mexico and it's headed for Texas. Texas has been getting rain for two days and many more days of rain to come.

Thanks for keeping all of those folks in your prayers. I imagine we'll be getting some bad reports from Mexico soon. I pray it was less damage than expected.

We went to choir rehearsal, then hubby went to do the show. I stopped at WalMart for craft supplies for Sunday School tomorrow. We're making bracelets for OCC again.

Hiker .. That's a LOT of parents to see in one day. Were those one-on-one conferences? That's exhausting.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

More info on Alex:

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/shoebox-stories-alex/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ok si i guess i havent missed a day. Alot goibg on. I am writing exercise down but on dys when i have to do things if they are hard for me physicall . Im writing them as exercise. Like yesterday when they took the xrays of my knee. I was standingvby the machine over 15 min. During the shot i had to get in wierd posituons like squatting and hold it. It was very hard and painful for me so i counted it as one exercise

Last night after doc i fell asleep about 8-9...very early for me. I was so tired. But then i woke at 4 and couldnt get back to sleep so i worked on house for 3 hrs

Then i set up ozone and took etta and went to hime depot to get last 5 pieces of sub floor and 4 long pieces of baseboard and some other odds and ends

It took a long time and i was limping by the tume i left

When i got home i turned off ozone and aired out house while i unloaded...oh yeah. Im so bad. They were selling mums for 20. And i thought how stupid...we have had two hard frosts....who would spend 20. And risk have themdie everynight?

But....they had shrubs for 3.00. I bougt 4 azaleas and a mini holly bush....im not sure what will happen with out mate for it

So after unloading wood i started planting. 5 shrubs, 4 types of beach plants. Two roses that had to be moved.

Tomorrow. I have one more clump of daisys and some dead heading and cleaning up my mess

I will do that early and late because as soon as it hits 50 degrees i have to start staining baseboard...probably two coats...and then poly. The metal bookcase needs a little more paunt too. And there is a big mess outside....but i really have to get this stuff ready for the cleaning guy whi says he knows how to do baseboard and trim

Hes coming thurs...i hope. I have all the materials

In hime depot etta was in the bottom of a cart...you could hardly see her with ffive shrubs in there too...looked like she was in a jungle. But when this huge basette hound walked by(i swear i thought it was a pig at first...it was huge)...etta jumped up on two feet...head coming thru the foliage and howled at him....she wanted to play with him so bad

Ima neglectful.mom. i should take her to daycare more often

Anyway....very busy day...included a 40 min talk with brother in alaska. And talk with neighbor about missing cat

And now its nine and im.ready for bed. Been up since 4. So nite all

I never had 80 parents in one day and i taught 29 yrs. That sounds nuts

Ak...really hope you start feeling better soon

Tutu...glad you seemti be doing pretty good. Still concerned about your family. Hioe its all ok

See u soon!

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ps...shipping for 48 apples to alaska was $98. I love my brother. ...but i can probably only do that once a year

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement