LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? October 25th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? October 25th
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone! Hope your day is going well! Don't forget to keep moving!

Do what you are ABLE to do.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for starting this week's thread tutu.

Wow. 25th all ready. November around the corner.

Able to take Rosie across the street this am to the field. Then we went for a drive in the car.

Fell asleep while out on the lounge chair on the patio. Have no idea how long I slept. The old bladder woke me up or I would have slept longer.

Able to put dishes in sink to soak. Did something else too but can not recall what it was now.

Just came back from taking Rosie out to toilet. Had two short conversations with neighbors...hard on the health to listen to what others are saying.

I did catch that one person has pneumonia and can not quit smoking even though he knows it is bad for his health.

Thankfully, he put out his cigarette while I was listening to him.

Need to go back outdoors as brain is flaring a bit again.

Just wanted to check in. Sunday at 2:18 pm.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gorgeous day here. Slept in and then went for a walk.

Cut back some more of my perennials and did laundry.

Relaxing now.

Have a great week, everyone.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grrrrrrrr. Just lost what i typed. See u tomorrow

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive been doing a lot of cleaning and prepping for guy that should do floors and base board on thurs

Todsy warmed up fast. I need that. Im staining and sealing with stinky products and need themto off gas asap

Im so tired of this...ive been so close for so long it just never seems to get done

Whule i rested i cought up on bills and filing

Im sleepy....but tht vsl3 did seem to straighten gi out....thank goodness

I found another cheap weekend at the beach...this house is bigger and all of us could go together...theres a hot tub...its at the mouth of a salt water river....river front. That might entice the fisherman in the family to come...so im set to try it out fri to sun. I ll be forced to relax

I hope everyone is doing ok...esp tutus relatives

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

After my nap i put the ac back together...earlier i took it apart and cleaned it and let it dry in sun. Putting things together and puzzles and directions are really hard for me cuz of head injury...i struggled with it and then figured it out. I think it was goid therapy for my brain

I was so excited i got it together i had enough energy to spread the rest of the mulch on front bed. It looks good but i ran.out of mulch so need to get more

By then the baseboards had dried...i stained them yesterday and poly ed them this morning. So they are ready for the guy.

One more nice day tomorrow before rain storm.

Hope you all check in later. The weather maps look pretty bad

--------------------

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kayak. wow. i am so glad you were able to do those things.

hiker...yesterday sounded like a good day for you too.

it is hot here again. dang. i thought we were done with the heat. air conditioners are on. i am in the front room in the recliner.

had to move to the bedroom due to the sound of the air condtioners outside my winbdow in the front room.

but they are off now. hope they stay off.

brain started flaring while in the bedroom ...not sure why...i know my head goes numb too...so not sure still what causes teh brain stuff

took rosie out in power chair this am to the field next door

then we went for a drive to the forest area i think.

took a couple of excedrin because of teh brain stuff but i think i am doing better now.

tried to lay on the patio in the lounge hcair but it got too hot.

i think the old desk top computer finally stopped. it has been acting up for a while

i just wish i had figured out a few things before completely changing over to the lap top.

today i am thinking the lap top screen is better on my eyes than the desk top screen but time will tell.

able to empty out cat litter and put new litter in...but got pretty dizzy when i went to get the litter box from outside in the sun this afternoon.

it happens but i still do not like it.

took rosie out for her afternoon toileting behind apartment building. need to go back and pick up her poop only this time with shoes on.

hope i do not get too dizzy and someone ends up having to pick me up

i would like to do more today. maybe this evening.

missed the ear cleaning...did not notice that it was this am that i was suppose to go until this afternoon.

have not been doing well enough to call and reschedule.

also missed that i was supposed to get the hearing aids tomorrow too...dang..brain has been off line...i tried to check to see if they sent me an email or if i called them or the caregiver called them and did not write it down....i can not even recall setting the appointment.

it is down the hill..i need to get right ear cleaned first and then make an appointment again..sure hope they are patient with me and i still get the hearing aids.

i had a blog on the other computer but can not recall what site the blog was on..it was just on my tool bar and i would click on it.

i had information i wanted to save on it.

i feel like i could take a nap righ tnow.

3:47 pm i think...nope 3:57 maybe..checking out. [Smile]

Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kayak .. hope the work on your house is all finished before winter sets in. The beach thing sounds interesting!

Well, hello to new member rosie7 !! [Big Grin] I need to send all LN members little books for password keeping.

I had an OK day. Tomorrow will be very busy. I have to work with two friends who will come to the church and help me fold shoeboxes for OCC. We have a hundred of them to fold before Nov.14.

Have to have some ready by next Sunday, but hope to get ALL of them done tomorrow. One little problem is that I've been having more pain lately. So I hope I can do them without wanting to die or something! [Wink]

I may also go to a show tomorrow. I have a special one in mind.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
able to take rosie out to toilet this am via the power chair on apartment grounds and next door on the mortuary grounds. it was still dark out but a full moon and promises of the sun rising...just a bit of light in the east.

rosie was off leash. i brought a lantern that was advertised as the brightest on the market...it was not...did not read the small print i guess....in its class

i could not see the ground with it while in the power chair so stayed in areas THAT WERE all ready lit.

still trying to get use to keyboard on laptop and figure things out.

finally figured out how to get lymenet on the tool bar but will i remember??

my brain does not work well enough to keep a password book or an on line book.

i have yet to get an address book going since lyme and company hit in 2001.

we do the best we can with what we have.

i have yet to change the password from the numbers i was given to one i might recall for lymenet.

for now, i am on on line. this is good.

need to put legs up to help support computer while on laptop and laying down.

legs are hurting a very weak although i was on laptop for just a short time yesterday.

i also used it in my recline and did not need to have legs up while in it...still adjusting and learning what will work.

caregiver coming today. made to do list on my iphone. she is just here for an hour. sent to do list in a text message to her. pretty cool.

brain is pretty much off line again so far this am. not sure what i will be able to do.

i was able to make a run to the dumpster via the power chair and a bucket to empty the cat litter, etc.

and able to get dressed. heart was pounding while getting dressed with the usual exhaustion.

hoping no air conditioning units today.

hope you have a baseline day or above

Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday-Well it's my Monday this week since I worked Saturday.

Thanks for starting this week's thread TuTu.

OK, gang........I walked one mile at the track on Sunday with Josh and little Ada. I'm very out of shape and became winded several times. All that aside I'm very proud of myself that I actually did something. Josh and I are talking about going every weekend. Hopefully we can go Saturday and Sunday. I get home to late during the week and it's already dark. The recreation area we're using isn't safe after dark.

Also yesterday ran errands most of the day and stir-fried some onion and green beans in olive oil to go with pre-made rotisserie chicken and instant potatoes. Oh, and I ironed 2 sets of clothes.

Kam-Glad that you're socializing with your neighbors. I bet Rosie enjoyed going out into the field with you. I was telling Josh on Sunday how taking his dog, Ada, with us was a huge adventure for her. She's a hoot!

Hiker-Was it last week's thread that you posted you did all that cooking? We try to do that so we can stretch some meals for during the week. I haven't made my chicken enchilada casserole yet but Josh and I are going to do it this Saturday. Wish I could invite everyone on this thread because it is SO good!

Kayak-Loved reading about little Etta in the bushes on the cart. I bet she looked adorable! I haven't been doing much anymore yard wise since I moved in with my Mom. She has someone do her yard and she only pays $40! I remember I was paying $150 for my yard.

TuTu-That's alot of boxes to fold! I noticed when I do hand intensive labor it bothers my joints sometimes. Can you take Advil or something? That usually helps me when I overdo. Hang in there!

Well, off to go get another cup of joe.......

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I dont want this to be political. But it seems everyone is happy about passing budget and they are making up diff er ence with mrdicare and ssdi. These are how i survive. I wonder how much will be cut. I wonder is this really the best place to cut? I know so many who scrape by with these programs

Im off to a pretty goid start. Took a small load to storage and took ac apart and cleaned it. Its drying in sun now

Im going to pick up mulch. Hope its warm enough to finish paint ing metal shelf so i can brung it in before Patricia gets here tomorrow

Then need to clean up enough to back truck into carport and be sure nothing dangerous can blow around

Im not sure we will see 60s again. Alot of plants died. Its early. I will have to snip them off and put them to bed when i spread mulch

Im back on binders...second day...ok so far

Is hiker mia?

Goid to meet you rosie7

Slow and steady ak...i believe in turtle power! So si is a little better? Whuch tx made a diff er ence

Hope your day goes good tute...not too much pain

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam .. That is great that you were able to send your caregiver the list of things to do! Progress! That will really help.

Can you take the disappointing lantern back?

AK .. No, I can't take Advil. We got all the boxes done in about an hour and a half. I think I survived.

What kind of dog is Ada? I'd love to have a pet .. but can't where we are now.

Kayak .. I guess the cooler weather will be here soon. We will get cooler weather tomorrow evening. It's nice now.

and I doubt they will cut Medicare .. they just blow a lot of smoke around.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Busy week. Is it really only Tuesday?

I have a college intern at work now. She is with me for 4 weeks. I feel like I have a shadow all day and never really get a break, but she is nice and willing to do anything I ask.

I did walk after work yesterday, but it is rainy and cold today, so I think I will just skip exercise today.

Need to go back and catch up on all your news.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday-Did a few dishes last night and started a load of laundry before work today. It's 9:18 and a slow day here.

Kayak-I think both treatments helped but especially the specialized PT for SI joint injury. The only thing I've noticed is that the back of my thigh is bothering me when I first get up. It's never bothered me before. SI joint pain is better but the back of my thigh feels tight and hard to move when I first get up. I'm going back tomorrow so will definitely mention it to my therapist.

TuTu-Ada is a mixed white and ginger Australian Shepard and ???. She's so cute but has anxiety issues. We baby her and I hope she'll get calmer as she ages. I think about another dog but still am not over Rocky, so I've kind of adopted Ada!

Hiker-I can remember when Josh was doing his internship not so long ago. I'm glad you have someone to lend you a hand. I had no idea how hard teachers have to work until Josh became one.

I hope everyone has a terrific day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. I just LOVE border collies or anything resembling one! Why not try magnesium for the dog? Ask the vet and give it a go!

Glad the SI joint is better! Whew!!

I ran a few errands today. I stayed up past midnight to watch the World Series. Don't tell anyone in Houston that I was secretly rooting for the Royals. I figured that once it was the 12th or 13th inning, I may as well watch the END! It was good too!

The San Antonio Spurs play the OK Thunder tonight for the opening night .. in OK. Hey, I should go .. it's only about 5 hours from me! [Big Grin]

Hope everyone has a good night!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I think Kam/rosie7 is having trouble getting online again.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Leaving work at 2:30 for therapy. Glad I'm going because the back of my thigh is bothering me. SI a little sore today too. Course it is damp and foggy here today.

Wiped down the bathroom last night and my Mom finished up our laundry. Didn't iron any clothes. Did a few dishes and that's about it for my moving and grooving.

TuTu-Going to the game would be so exciting! I haven't gone to any organized sports games in a long time. This Saturday bunches of folks from the dealerships are tailgating this Halloween. Supposed to go in costume. If my SI and leg was better I'd go!

Well, back to work......

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I have been working so hard. Today once i got the guy started all i had to do was pack my suitcase for the beach weekend

HE DIDNT SHOW!!!!! G R R R R !!!!!

So im doing the freakin floor myself and found a new guy to do trim next wed or thurs so house will be in shambles another week...our town has a rep for bad workers...i
sholdnt be surprised...i am just so ready to be done with this

I just made two cuts 14" with a buck saw i
use for kindling....i have one more cut 24" and it will take at least 3 breaks to get it done

Its going to be clear and 50s during day all
weekend so i am really looking forward to it

My brother got the apples. He was so

excited he gave one to the guy who delivered them. Then he had his grandson call and
thank me. Really cute. So excited about apples

Hope kam gets online. My laptop is very old and wacky...im lucky i can use the phone for some stuff. It will be awhile before i can
replace it. I need a water filter first

Ak...sorry it isnt going well. Kinda sounds

like sciatica on back of thing. Hope you have a good session

And hope hiker gets the rest she needs...

Time to cut 5 more inches off that board

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. that's awful news! GRRR! for sure! The apples sound so good! YUM!

AK .. I had the back of the thigh thing and if it's not sciatica it's hamstrings. Tons of quality magnesium helped. Also exercising to strengthen that area. (slowly but surely)

Headed out to exercise soon.

Hope Kam makes it back on here soon!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

it is apple season. i miss living in san luis obispo county and going to see canyon for the apples.

so good.

cable guy just left. glad internet is back on. learned how to open the dvd drawer on laptop that was given to me.

speakers are working again as the speakers on the lap top are not loud enough for me to hear them.

able to watch netflix again.

but still trying to figure out why aol account is not working or why i can not find a word doc to work and print things out.

when i took laptop to computer store they said they got the printer working and downloaded a free word program...

i can not find it...guess i need to take computer back to them and ask ...i was too sick when they delivered it to me to ask.

ok i am yammering away.

able to do a few things this am too. yesterday waS ABOVE baseline day...i hit caps a lot with trying to get use to keyboard.

so back to today...

..able to clear out the nest of cords before cable guy came. there were 3 surge protectors all with things plugged into them...plus 3 way cables coming out from the wall and then another 3 way coming out from the other end...crazy.

have not checked to see how things are set up now. i do know the cable guy unhooked one of the long cables coming out from the wall and took it with in...so one down at least.

it is rare my brain is clear enough i can figure out what to do to untangle things like this...so happy i was able to do it...body hurting more than baseline

have not taken any excedrin today...maybe i will

took rosie across the street in the power chair to the field so she could have some off leash time and do her business...

glad we were out when it was not raining...rain was mostly at night and then a little this am...report says just overcast for the rest of the day

albe to put 2 loads of laundry in...got one load...oops...need to go get other load from dryer..forgot all about it until now..be right back,,,,fir ur.....got it

able to put away clothes i washed thsi am and hoping to be able to fold toweels and put them away

but for now need to rest...

what else did i do thsi am?? guess that is it...but felt good to be able to do what i did..except the laundry part...that was as if i were climbing a mountain

climbed another mountain this am but can not recall what it was ...just that i had climbed two mountains ..maybe it was sorting thru the cords and cables, etc

i now i had to rest...and then go back and do more

know...

ok so brain is not working as well asi i think it is. [Smile]

tried to figure out which grass fed bully sticks i got rosie in the past...the last two orders were wrong..she was not a happy camper with them...

only took me two months or three before brain was working clear enough to try and order another brand...

..read some of the reviews...and like me they thought it was strange that they were packaged without any labels, etc on them...they advertised grass fed bully sticks but then put them in a plain plastic bag for delivery.

so i guess you need to watch what you order on amazon.

and according to rosie...not all bully sticks are a like...

i am done in..can you tell??

but good to b e back on line..i kind of get more weird not being able to come here and pretend i am connecting and have a life. [Smile]

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

i like reading what you all are doing too.

yesterday, i recall qKJ WALKING into the doctor's office and being able to make an appointment to clean right ear plus get a copy of my lab work....it was an in and out experience...rare...but so much better on the health...

then i was able to make a copy for me and mail a copy to the lyme doc...resting in between tasks of course....

i recall walking into ma and pa pharmacy and letting them know it was time for a refill of tramadol...walking out..taking rosie to a place she could be off leash..driving back to pharmacy and picking up meds.

again a in and out experience...good for the health and rare.

then to the feed store...i had misplaced a bag of treats i got for rosie..looked for it several days...

so got more treats as she needs them not to motivate her to get in the car..even with the treats...i need to put the steps up when she needs them to help her get in the car...

got some more treats for rosie..got home and found the misplaces bag of treats..that is how it goes...

also able to go thru mail recently..thankfully most of it just needed to go in the trash...

need to go thru mail for this week when able...

so happy to be back on line..

and to have a keyboard...and a computer of course..

now i need the brain clear enough or the to be able to go to the computer store and find out word program they downloaded

i will search again..but so far i do not even see that a printer was downloaded to use and do not see any place on the tool bar that says print.

boy..i think i most likely will be taking a nap after this...much needed.

i think i did more yesterday but can not recall what it was right now.

pressure in brain is starting to build...spent yesterday mostly in the recliner with iphone playing monolopoly

away from bed room...something in bedroom seems to make the brain stuff worse...wifi??

even if i laid on the bed with my iphone the brain stuff seemed worse...so went to front room ..tricky trying ot figure things out..

maybe it is the way i have the pillows?? sometimes my skull goes numb.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yea kam!! So happy you got the speakers and the internet all working. Now for the printer. I have the same problem. My printer hasn't worked in months and months. I need to download an update for it .. I think.

I hope you have another good day tomorrow... Two in a row would be nice!

Went to my PCP today and guess what? He's finally on board with testing for MTHFR. I had asked him about it 2-3 yrs ago .. now he found out more about it and is testing many of his patients. His nurse told me they've found lots of people with it. I told her I had read that 45% of the population has it .. so we'll see.

I am still waiting for the 23andme results which I think would also show if you have MTHFR, but I decided to let him test me as insurance pays for it.

I did go to exercise and did 20 min on the machine and 15 laps... plus errands and a trip to WM.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I finished the floor in both closets, got a pedi and small gricery shop. Also visited with friend. Shes smart and quick andwears my thinking parts out but i miss having regular visits with her

Im very tired. Im not packed but i have a list. So im walking away from this mess and going to a beautiful place with clean air tomirrow morning

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

ENJOY, kayak!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

4 am got up and moved to recliner. on iphone a bit

took 2 excedrin...back to recliner...waiting for dawn so i can go outside with rosie and hopefully have cold morning air help head too

able to clear off top of refrigerator..but need to do more.

able to put dishes in sink to soak

bowels are working again this am....this is a good thing as i was struggling with that for a couple of months i think.

drinking 3 cups of detox tea a day seems to be helping.

made a cup of detox tea

5:30 am now..i think or 5:50...

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

VKW ABLE TO take rosie out to toilet via the power chair. later than usual i think as people were starting to come to work.

still have the sinking feeling or scared feeling or afraid feeling...lonely, feeling unloved..ususally do not need to feel love but miss having som eone nearby who is a friend...been that way since i came here in 2005.

i missed the sunday outing with friend as she was camping

so maybe when we start back up that will help..do not feel like much of a friend as most of the time i am there but not there..talking is out and it takes all i have just to be there in my power chair..but still enjoy seeing rosie and her furry friend have fun and seeing the forest in that area while cruising on the asphalt road.

4 houses get mail now in that area..it is slowly being developed.

ok back to moving the body..what to do next? there is a laundy basket full of towels...i can not recall if they are clean or dirty...i think clean

caregiver is coming today so need to mkae a to do list for her

fed cat but i do not think i have fed dog yet. not sure. thankfully she is not a food hound and i can go ahead and put food in the bowl if it is empty and i can not recall if i fed her.

she takes her time eating

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

maybe the scared stuff is coming because i am returning to what i usually am like at baseline

it was nice hte past two days to be able to do a little bit more than baseline

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

ok...looked again for word program and once again can not find it or a way to print.

so when local computer business opens up i will go see them if health is doing well enough as they said they downloaded a program for me and got the printer working??

found the blog...and was able to add it to the tool bar. this is good.

need something to put on my lap so it raises the keyboard without me having to raise my knees as i am too weak

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

beAUTIFUL PLACE with clean air. wowo...which we could see pictures
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

ur ua it is so nice to visit with a friend who is smart...those are rare
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

wow..did not know insurance paid for 23 and me...i need to look into that

looking forward to your results...

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Insurance does not pay for 23andme .. They supposedly will pay for the MTHFR testing that my doctor did.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Im here. Its way better than the other place...im settling in and i guess ican post to fb right tutu and then kam can see

It is four steps from deck on sand to water now...very high tide

Later!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--hope the test can give you answers. I just assume I have the gene and try to use detox methods.

Glad it's Friday. Long day. But my terrible teaching assistant is being transferred next week to another school. My intern is much better than him.

Energy healing after work today.

Will not hit exercise goal this week, but I think I needed the time to just focus on work etc, so am ok with that.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

TGIF!!! I thought I posted earlier but I don't see it! It's been one of those days! I've been busy. It's 2:26 and I think I'm done finally.

Kayak-I remember one year someone in AK wanted me to bring them some Florida oranges. Needless to say I couldn't do it because I had so much luggage. Glad your family enjoyed the apples!

TuTu-I've been slacking off on my magnesium. I really need to take it. It's powdered and I mix it in water. I'm just plain old lazy!

Kam-I won a computer at last year's Christmas party and I'm still adjusting to Windows 8 (or is it 8.1?) It has a touch screen and I don't use it often enough to become familiar with it. I'm on the computer here at work all the time so by the time I get home I have eye strain. Glad you're back up and running on the internet.

Hiker-Hope the energy healing goes well. I'm so ready for some serious down time. My Atlanta friend wanted me to come up this weekend but I'm still not over the last time I was up there!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:
Im here. Its way better than the other place...im settling in and i guess ican post to fb right tutu and then kam can see

-
As long as you are still friends with Kam .. I know you deleted a lot of friends not long ago! She can see you here too now that she's back online.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by hiker53:
Tutu--hope the test can give you answers. I just assume I have the gene and try to use detox methods.

-
What's important to know is if you are over-methylating or under-methylating. I suspect I am under.

I think I'll find out way more from the 23andme than from the MTHFR.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I went to see my husband's show today and our pastor showed up too! So we sat together on the front row for the second half.

I don't usually sit that close, but it was fun! They all did a great job.

I also went to exercise. I did 20 min on the machine and 15 laps.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lymetoo--I guess I don't know what over-methylating and under-methylating mean. Can you explain?

Ok. Just read some on the internet. Seems like I have some characteristics of both over and undermethylation. I think since I always need Mg I am an undermethylated creature.

Saw energy healer today. I was way out of whack--stress from school and mom's cancer etc. Hopefully she helped balance the energy and it will keep me going for a few weeks.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't know a lot yet... will explore more once I find out more. Just from things I've read on Facebook groups I sounded like an under-methylator.

Hope your healer gave you some help!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

tried to read your posts and take it in but brain was not working well. i did catch that hiker's helper is being transferred and this will mean less stress forhiker...this is good.

took rosie out to toilet via the power chair again. tires on power chair are getting to the point that i am not sure i will make it back when i go out.

i do not go far in the power chair...

able to bring in the 5 potted plants. brain was not working well enough yesterday to do it.

barely working well enough to do but did figure out something to put under them to protect the carpet.

will need to get the plastic trays soon for when they get watered. too heavy to move about.

two are outside my hallway door...might need to bring them in..not sure what the rules are for things outside the hallway door now.

two are in the small room as it has the most light .

one still needs to find a place...it is looking pretty sickly so might just go in the trash if it does not improve indoors.

see, brain is working better this am.

all of htat moving about and using the brain makes me feel like throwing up...resting now, hoping things will settle down.

next is to type out a to do list for the caregiver.

i think she is coming today.

need food. i could send her to walmart with my credit card but not swue what to purchase.

do not have money until next week.

most of the time, i am not able to make a grocery lsit and just have to wing it while at the grocery store.

not doing well enuogh to wing it this am..at least right now.

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

ALW...that is cool that you won a computer. and yes, it is best to not over due it.

I also heard that windows 8 was difficult to use and took a long time for people to get use to it...when was reading reviews some said they never did get use to it.

when i talked with the dell person about windows 10 they said it was more like windows 7..i assume because so many had difficulty with windows 8

so you are not alone.

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

kayak...are you DB on FB? This is KAM. Had to use a different name as could not recall password. so created a new account.
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I couldnt post...having problebs with net on vacay. I will pm you my name and tell tutu its ok to tell u

#####I am getting sunburn on halloween IN MAINE!!!!!#####

There is a small priblem here...hard to get etta to stop eating sand

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

There is a small priblem here...hard to get etta to stop eating sand

-

Wow... maybe she is deficient in minerals?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Slept 12 hours last night. Am still wiped out with a bit of a respiratory infection. Had it for several weeks.

Did not go home for mom's 2nd cancer surgery due to my germs. Surgeon feels like she needs no radiation or chemo, but the radiologist MD wants radiation.

Not sure my mom can handle it. 88 and tired, she is. Took her a long time to come out of anesthesia and be driven home yesterday. My dad was worried when she was not home by 7 PM, but she is fine. A kind friend took her as my dad doesn't hear well.

Cooked a lot this morning for the week. Will head to the library this afternoon.

Think I may turn lights off tonight and not deal with going up and down the stairs to open the door for trick or treaters. Have no candy here anyway. Sometimes I get older kids who don't even bother to dress up and that bugs me.

Have a good weekend.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker.. so sorry you couldn't go to help out. If *I* were 88 yrs old, there would be NO radiation for me.

No trick-or-treaters here either. If they do show up, they will be out of luck.

I'd love to have some, but since we had none last year, I don't expect any.

Rainy and blah here today. No fall color that is exciting. The nights have been too warm.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

internet was off line for awhile today. glad it is back on.

no trick or treaters here either...they have what is called trunk and treat or something like that

they close off main street and different businesses and organizations hand out candy

it is a good thing. i think there also are costume prizes.

i cruised down the street one year in my power chair and enjoyed seeing all the kids in their costumes.

noise is too much...the local DJ is also on site.

want to go to sleep but so far not able to...hoping if i get a slow moving movie on it will help me nod off.

need to eat too but can not think of anything i want to eat...maybe celery and almond butter.''

the ground meat the caregiver cooked yesterday is too salty for my taste.

rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

hiker..glad you got some sleep
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, we have a big trunk or treat at one of our Lutheran churches here. It was the other night though.

Just saw American Pharaoh win the Breeder's cup!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement