LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » SO MAD I COULD PUNCH A WALL! YOLANDA FOSTER

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SO MAD I COULD PUNCH A WALL! YOLANDA FOSTER
healthywealthywise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8595

Icon 9 posted      Profile for healthywealthywise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't post but I read the site for entertainment called RealityTea. Yolanda wrote a blog about the ignorance her castmates have about her showing her battle with lyme disease.

The reader reactions are so vile b/c I have a drawer full of the same meds Yolanda does and now they are calling it Munchausen syndrome all over the place and how our great docs in the US would know if it's real and they ALL say it's not a real disease!!!

I'm still fuming and so down b/c I've battled this for 22 years.

Don't try to post there b/c 2 years ago I tried to explain our battle and was attacked right and left for being her stooge. Don't bother unless one person contacts the site administrator and asks to write a response that is informative for these nasty know-nothings who react to her illness like a pack of jackles. Horrifying..

The sad part is that she says she is doing this for awareness but if this is the response she gets, I wish she would stop as it seems to be hurting all of us now.

Sorry if I'm not able to do it myself but it has to be succinct and to the point, no links to other sites etc....

I just got out of the hospital b/c of lyme+ and all the great doctors and all their great men couldn't find or fix what was wrong w/me AGAIN even though I brought my lyme documentation, including microscopic pics of the disease in my blood. THEY NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT IT!!

Ah, just had to get it out there..not start a war or anything. Peace and love to all of you here who educated and comforted me all of these years.

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/12/16/yolanda-foster-calls-ignorance-among-rhobh-co-stars/

Posts: 867 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe she should stop blogging if all it attracts is hate mail from vicious morons. She does not need this kind of upset while dealing with lyme. We appreciate her efforts but peace of mind is important to her.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
My advice would be to go quiet, just say she's working on her health . . . but post the links for the top key organizations like ILADS and LymeDisease.org where anyone interested can learn more.

[It would have been nice had all her friends / media partners learned long ago.]

I would also stop all comments for any blog. Just post what she wants to say and it's just not open for anyone to deny her that right to say it. Always have links where readers can learn more, but she should not have to fend off rudeness. Omit the comment section.

Some find it's good to just disconnect from all social media for extended periods of time.

If she is required by contract to keep up appearances or blogs, she can still be there, as best she can, not pretending but also not as the teacher.

She can still shift the focus to where others can learn more from the experts -- then to a different point of view about, oh, finding beauty in life or something like that. That could open up a whole new world, really.

Shift focus from her getting hit with gossip to where can those who can't get out much, etc. find beauty? And that shifts from outer to inner beauty and appreciation of senses & art. All this will come from how she's navigating her path just shifting the focus.

She should not have to be put in the position of "teacher" as she works to get better. No one can do that.

It is very sad that there are so many harsh criticisms by those who have not bother to learn the basics. It seems to come down to spreading hatred, through, with such harsh hits. A better control system is surely required.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey healthy, etc.

First, so sorry to hear you've been so ill lately. Hoping you get feeling better soon. Also sorry you had to see that trash and it has upset you.

2nd- You are absolutely right. That is a bunch of nasty people.

3rd- Sorry. I didn't listen to your advise. I couldn't let that trash stand as is.

Not to worry- I have been the volunteer who has allowed the "Kick Me" sign to be on her back for years now so others (our docs, groups and organizations) could move forward and wouldn't get the blow back from what we do, so they can kick me all they want.

Again, feel better soon!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got off the site after what seemed like a couple of hours of posting info. There were some nice people there and some who were asking questions and responding kindly. Hope this calms it down a bit for you Healthy.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
I finally got off the site after what seemed like a couple of hours of posting info.

Tinny, I went to the site to read your comments.
Your profile said 15 comments, but I only saw three.

Why would they have been deleted?

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one is going to accept the existence of this disease without argument. We didn't, I didn't. Its awfulness is beyond description and I'm glad this woman is out there showing the public what it looks like.

What these people who are denying the existence of Lyme don't know is that they could be next. Given the numbers, eventually enough people will get how serious it is. Until then I figure it's less stressful to excuse denial.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Carol in PA,

Probably because I had no clue how to post there and was replying to one person here and there, then to another somewhere else? Then under my own posts.

I had to apologize to the posters there and they knew I was having trouble keeping up.

I still don't "get" the blog thing and it moves so fast. I don't think (?) any were deleted, no one objected and it was all factual stuff, but could be? Sorry, I just don't know.

Oh, I did breakup some web site addresses and did put my email address there in the event anyone wanted to chat further on Lyme issues, so maybe that is a reason?? I did it like this so it could be read, but it could not be clicked on as a direct link.

After The Bite @ gmail. com

Jordana- I agree!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't help the situation when her soon to be ex David Foster said on www.radaronline.com that he thought she was faking the fact that her lyme was chronic and that she was cured a long time ago.

He said he thinks she just wants the attention!! So infuriating. Funny, people don't say that about aids and other diseases that are chronic. Good job TC for trying to inform folks that are so ignorant.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

G said... "He said he thinks she just wants the attention!! So infuriating."

Uggggg! You are right! I agree, if it were any other disease this wouldn't be happening. I did mention something about cancer being the "diagnosis" and this wouldn't happen in that case, but it was pointed out Ms. Foster's actions and behaviors had to be seen.

I don't know about that at all, but I stuck to the topic and had some very nice responses as a result.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most people just don't understand the waxing and waning of this disease. There were times when I was able to get dressed up, go to a function and then collapse in bed for two weeks.

That's what I guess is happening with Yolanda and it is puzzling to most people and hard for them to understand. Glad you had some nice responses TC.

P.S

It's almost like people saying they were abducted by aliens and taken aboard a space craft and not being believed.They would have to be in their body flying through the air and going through Walls. It's the old saying "You would have had to have been there to understand" [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muscle Car55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I don't like about our society is how a disease doesn't get any publicity till a celebrity gets it.

I'll admit, I was bit harsh on her on my blog, of course I never thought she was embellishing her disease, I just thought she received too much attention. And I didn't like how a rich housewife from some kind of materialistic show became spokesperson for the disease, it's not what people who have this disease deserves.

She kind of makes the disease look bad, her breast implants, way she acts on the show, etc...

But now I honestly think, more attention the better. Even if it may be bad publicity for the disease! Publicity is publicity, this disease needs to be known!

Everything what she's going through, middle and lower class people are going through with their own Lyme!

Healthywealthywis, if you're furious what people said in the comments section, have you read anything her x-husband has said?

Claiming she's embellishing the disease, paid for all her medical treatment and wants the money back. I'm assuming it's impossible living with a person who doesn't believe you are sick, that's gotta be super hard!

David Foster will probably just find a new young model, just like Trump did. I'm not a fan of the 1%ers and how they live their lives! But I guess it's just the type of capitalistic society we live in.

I guess we should of saw this coming....

http://www.inquisitr.com/2637322/yolanda-foster-divorce-david-foster-believes-her-lyme-disease-was-cured-months-ago-wants-a-refund-for-treatments/

Posts: 267 | From MI | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want David Foster to get Lyme.
Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muscle Car55
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muscle Car55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh Jordana, I feel you!

I went through what she's been through and lost a friend because of the same situation!

He told me I was milking my disease, it was his tax money that was paying for my medical bills. Even thought I sold my cars off, along with other things that actually paid for my medical bills...

Our friendship is broken, never will be mended.

People are just harsh! And I'm assuming women on this forum will feel a lot closer to what Yolanda is going through, because I've read posts where their husbands have left them. Or have gotten a divorce!

In Under Our Skin 2 Emergence, you see how many marriages that didn't last....

I always tell people to hang in there, if people aren't willing to shed any sympathy or empathy for you. Even though you've worked hard all your life, well losing them as a friend or husband shouldn't be much of a loss....

My girlfriend has stuck with me through toughest times, even some of my friends...

Posts: 267 | From MI | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep reading this forum over the years and you will see it isn't just spouses who are unsupportive, even mean. Families, friends. You are lucky, muscle car, to still have support. And it looks like men are more likely to have it than women in a marriage.

And really, men are usually looking for the youngest woman they can catch, and she was past the age limit even though she looks great. Why do you think she had implants?

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unfortunately, maybe she should shut up, back away, and start taking care of herself and tell the rest of them to go to heck...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect her husband is cheap and just doesn't want to pay for treatment anymore even though he has money. People can have money but still be cheap with it. That and the fact that she had 2 foot worms may have freaked him out especially if he's a shallow person. You're right Poppy, her husband wants a trophy wife, not a sick one (what a d).

I can't believe her idiot friends are so ignorant that they are talking about munchausens. What is it with these b-----s that they don't trust what their sick friend says so they analyze the situation and pigeon hole it into whatever they believe is true? They are not alone though, many people only believe mainstream docs.

Let's face it, we've all had docs who only believe the old and incorrect info they were taught. They have no idea that the info the idsa puts out is wrong, so they ignore their patients and think the patient is making it all up.

I guess that's what some people do when it comes to lyme. Yolanda is no different. Clueless fans, friends and family just cannot fathom it, so they think it's anything else but the actual and correct multi faceted animal: lyme and company.

I think part of the problem too is that lyme is different for everyone, so it's not easy to accept. Our medical community diagnoses everything by the exact same symptoms they were taught to identify things. Lyme and company have so many different symptoms, only the LLMDs know its actually lyme, not munchausens or in the patient's head.

Yolanda's kids have lyme too, so are her idiot friends going to say her kids are making it up as well? Let's hope not.

I am just so very proud of Yolanda for showing the world what lyme is like. Right on Yolanda!!!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well, I guess some of us should pay them a visit over there - thanks for starting that, TC -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement