LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » GREAT article on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, EBV, Lyme, fibromylagia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GREAT article on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, EBV, Lyme, fibromylagia
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They say Lyme is really EBV .. very interesting as I know many of us BEGAN with EBV.

http://goop.com/the-medical-medium-and-whats-potentially-at-the-root-of-medical-mysteries/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know...I ran across a youtube video of a woman who had chronic Lyme and somehow got to see this guy because her sister gave up her lottery slot for her.

The guy told her that she did not have Lyme, she had EBV.

Soooo...

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested negative to EBV (numerous times).

This article sounds exactly like those who think Candida underlies everything, or those who think gluten intolerance underlies everything, or...

I guess I'm a skeptic...

I think complex & unexplained symptoms can be caused by a lot of different things, depending on a person's environment, epigenetics, diet, microbial milieu, etc. - in other words, I think he is over-simplifying things...

Just my opinion...

It was an interesting read, though...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an interesting article - I just skimmed it this time and want to read it more carefully soon - thx for posting it!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm a bit skeptical .. but it sure sounded like my issues.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blymey919
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blymey919     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting article and theories.

Made some good points but many of the conditions spoken of as being EBV could be a combination of things including EBV plus something else. Just in a similar way that you can have Lyme plus more than one co-infection, with several overlapping symptoms.

If the immune system is compromised and environment is conducive for bacteria or virus to live it's totally plausible.

Can't say I cared for this comment too much...

"Unless, that is, a patient happens upon a doctor who’s up on the Lyme disease trend, in which case the patient will probably walk away with a Lyme misdiagnosis."

My LLMD did test me for EBV thanks very much. A culture proved I did in fact have Lyme (plus coinfections).

Good nutrition advice though. And interesting that the whole food and herbal protocol offered seems to mirrors treatments for Lyme, CFS, autoimmune conditions, etc.,...

Posts: 114 | From California | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, at least they weren't selling a supplement! All of my health issues began with EBV when I was 17.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EBV is opportunistic and it will start to replicate when the immune system is low. Also it has this sort of weird behavior where it will try to replicate just periodically- usually without any symptoms. CMV is the same way.

So the guy is usually not wrong when he says a person has EBV; and there are correlations with fibro and MS and EBV.

But there are the same correlations with Lyme.

I think it's fair to say that if you are coming up with "reactivated" EBV there is something else going on besides EBV .

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting stuff TuTu. I tested positive for EBV along with Lyme and Mycoplasma. Checked out the book on Amazon. Fascinating.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosie7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosie7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope to read this when health allows especially the part on what to do that might help
Posts: 559 | From Lyme Land | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanceLynn
Member # 47321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanceLynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks LymeTuTu [hi] , as always, you put excellent links on here.

I was diagnosed with mononucleosis at age 6, I JUST turned 60 late last month.

Tip o' de' iceburg ...

Nancerooo

Posts: 59 | From US | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You're welcome! [Smile]

Here ya go, Kam ..

Healing Foods

Certain fruits and vegetables can help your body rid itself of EBV and heal from its effects. The following are the best ones to incorporate into your diet (listed in rough order of importance). Try to eat at least three of these foods per day—the more the better—rotating your consumption so that in a given week or two, you get all of these foods into your system.

Wild blueberries: help restore the central nervous system and flush EBV neurotoxins out of the liver.
Celery: strengthens hydrochloric acid in the gut and provides mineral salts to the central nervous system.
Sprouts: high in zinc and selenium to strengthen the immune system against EBV.
Asparagus: cleanses the liver and spleen; strengthens the pancreas.
Spinach: creates an alkaline environment in the body and provides highly absorbable micronutrients to the nervous system.
Cilantro: removes heavy metals such as mercury and lead, which are favored foods of EBV.
Parsley: removes high levels of copper and aluminum, which feed EBV.
Coconut oil: antiviral and acts as an anti-inflammatory.
Garlic: antiviral and antibacterial that defends against EBV.
Ginger: helps with nutrient assimilation and relieves spasms associated with EBV.
Raspberries: rich in antioxidants to remove free radicals from the organs and bloodstream.
Lettuce: stimulates peristaltic action in the intestinal tract and helps cleanse EBV from the liver.
Papayas: restore the central nervous system; strengthen and rebuild hydrochloric acid in the gut.
Apricots: immune system rebuilders that also strengthen the blood.
Pomegranates: help detox and cleanse the blood as well as the lymphatic system.
Grapefruit: rich source of bioflavonoids and calcium to support the immune system and flush toxins out of the body.
Kale: high in specific alkaloids that protect against viruses such as EBV.
Sweet potatoes: help cleanse and detox the liver from EBV byproducts and toxins.
Cucumbers: strengthen the adrenals and kidneys and flush neurotoxins out of the bloodstream.
Fennel: contains strong antiviral compounds to fight off EBV.

Healing Herbs and Supplements

The following herbs and supplements (listed in rough order of importance) can further strengthen your immune system and aid your body in healing from the virus’s effects:

Cat’s claw: herb that reduces EBV and cofactors such as strep A and strep B.
Silver hydrosol: lowers EBV viral load.
Zinc: strengthens the immune system and protects the thyroid from EBV inflammation.
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin and/or adenosylcobalamin): strengthens the central nervous system.
Licorice root: lowers EBV production and strengthens the adrenals and kidneys.
Lemon balm: antiviral and antibacterial. Kills EBV cells and strengthens the immune system.
5-MTHF (5-methyltetrahydrofolate): helps strengthen the endocrine system and central nervous system.
Selenium: strengthens and protects the central nervous system.
Red marine algae: powerful antiviral that removes heavy metals such as mercury and reduces viral load.
L-lysine: lowers EBV load and acts as a central nervous system anti-inflammatory.
Spirulina (preferably from Hawaii): rebuilds the central nervous system and eliminates heavy metals.
Ester-C: strengthens the immune system and flushes EBV toxins from the liver.
Nettle leaf: provides vital micronutrients to the brain, blood, and central nervous system.
Monolaurin: antiviral; breaks down EBV load and reduces cofactors.
Elderberry: antiviral; strengthens the immune system.
Red clover: cleanses the liver, lymphatic system, and spleen of neurotoxins from EBV.
Star anise: antiviral; helps destroy EBV in the liver and thyroid.
Curcumin: component of turmeric that helps strengthen the endocrine system and central nervous system.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry but Lyme Disease is caused by a bacterium, not a virus. That is one thing that is not disputed in the medical community

If I had a buck for every time my poor kid got treated for EBV and HHV6 ... you can complete the sentence. And I'm going way back to the whole Montoya/Stamford pcl.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by beaches:
Sorry but Lyme Disease is caused by a bacterium, not a virus. That is one thing that is not disputed in the medical community

-
They are saying that the problem is the EBV more so than the Lyme....not that Lyme is a virus.

Most patients have both.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting, although I disagree under stage 3 description that EBV's waste matter is often being identified falsely as spirochetes.

In fact the stage 3 section describes what actually happens with both lyme and parasite waste matter, (they all secrete toxins when they die, and doesn't everything).

This piece assumes so many things that can actually be explained from known info on lyme and co infections, only the writer, Anthony Williams, lumps it all under EBV. For example, he states that chronic fatigue syndrome is actually EBV (please, it's lyme and company). I could go on.

No doubt viruses play a role in it all, but with lyme and co infections the immune system takes a huge hit from each and every one of them, and they all live together, not just EBV.

Still thank you for posting Lymetoo, it does make me think about how big a role viruses play and consider a few of the things he wrote. I was thinking about ordering this book until I read this though.

I actually like how medical mediums help people sometimes (and they do for many people), but they also need money coming in just like the rest of us.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the food list too.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Medical advice being attributed to a spirit. Interesting...
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry in advance. Don't believe I've ever posted a comment without reading the article linked in it. But, the print is way too small and way too lightly colored for my eyes not to do backflips trying to read it. However....

I got some of the points by reading the great responses. And when I hit Razzles and Blymies and Beaches response I said, "YES! Thank you!". Lyme is a bacteria.

Since MANY Lyme patients (and MS, fibromyalgia, CFS, etc.) test positive for EBV and this has been going on since day one, my question is- could the ticks pass on EBV? And maybe even mosquitoes, etc.? (I also am concerned about Parvo B-19 virus also- a topic for another day.)

I've never seen a study indicating they even checked for EPV. Anyhow....

When all but about 10 doctors in the world had a total lack of education about Lyme, and left and right refused to test patients for it, I often had the patients go back to their doctors and ask to be tested for EPV and told them to say as the blood was being drawn, "Bet it will come back REALLY positive."

Ducks were much more willing to do the EBV test & it was covered by insurance, they had the costs handy, etc. And, of course when they did run the test and it came back REALLY positive as the patient said it would, the ducks would say HUH?

The ducks couldn't explain it, but the point was to get them to LISTEN TO THE PATIENT, and more often than not they started to. Then we were able to wiggle around a little and finally get a Lyme test.

Over and over again we see BOTH Lyme & EBV in the patients. Could the 14 year old kids diagnosed with EBV way back when also have contracted Lyme without knowing it? Since there was no knowledge of Lyme or tests for it, it is very possible they had both.

The study below shows both Lyme and EBV living in perfect harmony in the same cells. How long has THAT little rendezvous been going on? HA!

Folia Biol (Praha). 2003;49(1):40-8.

Interaction of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato with Epstein-Barr virus in lymphoblastoid cells.

Hulínská D1, Roubalová K, Schramlová J.

Since the possibility of interruption of latent EBV infection has been suggested by the induction of the lytic virus cycle with chemical substances, other viruses, and by immunosuppression,

we hypothesized that the same effect might happen in B. burgdorferi sensu lato infection as happens in Lyme disease patients with positive serology for both agents.

We have observed EBV replication in lymphoblastoid cells after superinfection with B. garinii and B. afzelii strains after 1 and 4 h of their interaction.

We found that viral and borrelial antigens persisted in the lymphoblasts for 3 and 4 days.

Morphological and functional transformation of both agents facilitate their transfer to daughter cells.

Association with lymphoblasts and internalization of B. garinii by tube phagocytosis increased replication of viruses more successfully than B. afzelii and chemical inductors.

Demonstration of such findings must be interpreted cautiously, but may prove a mixed borrelial and viral cause of severe neurological disease.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````
I'd love to read the article, but not till I can see it without straining my eyes.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not read the article, but just wanted to post this link to my post about how Humic Acid kills viruses.

Antony Haynes, BA, a nutritionist in London presented "Using Herbs and Botanicals to Treat Chronic Infections" during the free online Autoimmune Summit that ran from Nov 10-17 2014.

It was an excellent presentation filled with a lot of great information.

My notes are in the link.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/130506

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement