LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Have Apple/Mac, No Camera/Phone, You Tube Video?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have Apple/Mac, No Camera/Phone, You Tube Video?
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a video many moons ago and would like to make another for educational purposes using still photos I have.

BUT, it has been years since I did it, memory very bad and I have no clue where to even start.

I have a Mac/Apple computer, will use photos in a "slide" fashion (?), and am as dumb as an oyster as far as "techy" stuff goes. (It would be easier teaching a 3rd grader- so you must have some patience.)

Anyone here who could help get me started? Please?

Here is the one I did so you get an idea of what I want. Took months to do it and I cried thru every second of it- too emotional. Not doing that again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFWTMgcBYSo

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I know how to do that on a Mac using iMovie. It's hard to explain via typing, but I'm happy to help how I can.

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKOkUWjC0JU

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[confused]

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paleogal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleogal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,
I'm happy to try to help you if you haven't found help yet. Full disclosure: I have only successfully made one video in my life.

If you have iMovie (standard on most Macs), I think these instructions will work:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-video-slide-show-with-iMovie/

(and it looks like you can download the entire instructions in one file or PDF so you don't have to click through the steps every time.)

I'm happy to provide tech support if you want - not sure I can help but I certainly want to support your efforts! Feel free to PM me.

Posts: 243 | From Southern Arizona | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Me- what? Thought that was a nice response to your offer? You don't like that song?

Pale- another kind response from you too. Thank you! Do you want a nice Rod Stewart song too? My pleasure!

Anyhow Me and Pale... I just found out for sure I don't have IMovie on this computer! Duh me! It was on my last one automatically, now I just checked and they want $15 for it!

Do they think I'm made of money?

I do have the ability (just learned this too) to build a slide show, which is where I may have started from last time. ??

I will read some of the instructions now that I am focused in a bit more and have a starting point.

I'd like to call on either Me or Pale when I get to a stopping point and can't figure it out. (That may be in 10 seconds or 6 days?)

Thank you both so much for the offer!!! Nice to know someone is willing to reach out and assist.

Love it!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

me
Member # 45475

Oh, wow. I get it--oh, poor me. Sometimes things just fly right over my head. That's bad, even for me. [bonk]

You know how to reach me if you need help. I can look into other things that usually come standard with Macs if you want. Just say the word.

--------------------

me
Member # 45475

You can use PowerPoint and insert pictures and add music. Set it to slideshow and, ta-dah!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUPBSuWVSOU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=conAf8asQmc

--------------------

me
Member # 45475

Does your Mac have movie maker? That's another option. I'd have to play with that to help, but I don't mind at all.

The PowerPoint suggestion I wrote about above would prolly be easiest. If you set it to slideshow and do it right, it doesn't even look like a PowerPoint. You can make it look like the beautiful tribute video you made.

Say the word, and I'll help to the best of my ability.

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey me...

A friend of mine contacted me today wanting to know where he could get some large landscaping rocks. Think I'll send him to you! Got some rattling around upstairs to spare?

[lol]

And wow on that idea! I know powerpoint basics! THANK YOU! Didn't know about the slideshow or music either. Thanks for the head's up.

I'll give the links you shared a look see tomorrow. I did some stuff on the project tonight, took several hours, but am not pleased at all yet, nor anywhere near done.

Main problem for now, and it is sad for Ms. I Love Music to say...

I can't find a good song to use that sounds anywhere near decent or reasonable, and not disruptive, and I've got a library of music here like you wouldn't believe.

I've tried everything from Christmas carols, to Emmy Lou Harris, to Jackson Brown, to Jim Croce, to the Eagles, to, and this one actually sounded best so far and was NOT appropriate...

The Twist, by Chubby Checkers!

So it is back to the drawing board tomorrow!

OH! And pale- is your movie something you can or want to share? Just for fun?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

me
Member # 45475

TC, Here is a quick way to import photos. Them all you have to do is insert text and add music.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5VEdJvVOOLY

No. No rocks to spare. All mine.

--------------------

me
Member # 45475

I used this song once for one of my movies:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mGt3g6H4-kQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc6T9iY9SOU

--------------------

paleogal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleogal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha my movie was for a class project, unrelated to Lyme. Actually, I should see if we ever put it on YouTube. It was a spoof of the Blair Witch Project, whenever that came out - 10 years ago, maybe? I think I used iMovie. :/

I'm happy to help too, if the Powerpoint angle doesn't work, I can look into some other things too. Any time! PM me and we can chat.

Also, I recently learned about this song, which is about the singer's battle with Lyme, so it might work for your new video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY-WV5MGTNE

Posts: 243 | From Southern Arizona | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Me,

Love the song! It has a much better beat/tempo than what I was trying to use, which was rather depressing. I THINK my problem is the words to any song are distracting if someone is suppose to be reading the words and learning about a topic?

Might go to just the music version of a comforting, familiar song without the lyrics? Try it anyhow?

Thanks for sharing that song though. I can listen to it even if I don't use it.

Pale- That song, well it kind of has a Bob Dylan thing going on. (Music good- can't understand lyrics without straining to hear them- what is called marble mouth.)

What I did hear was the word "corpse" I believe, which is not in tune with the positive message I am trying to generate. So sorry!

BUT, thank you so much for taking time to find it and sharing it. I'll check out all ideas!!!

As for the kind offer to assist further, much appreciated. I will call on you if you don't mind. I didn't get to work on the project tonight and like me sitting here shaking my head, you would never guess why.

A neighbor showed up because she saw a car hit a large crane (bird) in the road, injuring it. She wanted me to "do something" to help it.

I get asked to do some strange things quite often and usually have to "wing it" to get thru it, but I do try.

Guess it is better than the night someone left a plastic 1 gallon milk jug on my front door step that I found the following morning.

It didn't had a lid on it, so of course I looked in to see what it was.

I didn't get the exact number, but there were several small (5-7) live copperhead snakes in it. I thought- who hates me enough to do something like that?

Later that day three young boys came by and very innocently asked if I'd seen the milk jug they left on the porch.

They'd been out in the woods and found a nest of them, but didn't know what kind of snakes they were and wanted me to tell them. They even offered to go find me more if I wanted some.

Why am I talking about that (I am asking myself)? Just tired I guess, so will catch you all later. And thanks again!!!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this song will work for you?

youtube song

--------------------
You're only a failure when you stop trying.

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement