LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Thinking about brown sack lunches

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thinking about brown sack lunches
TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking about TC’s great story about paper bag goodies:

We grew up with sack lunches. A sandwich, a piece of fruit, maybe chips, sometimes a cookie – Mama lunch. And she would print out names on them
“M---” and “J----”.

If you opened your sack and saw a sandwich that only had two pieces of bread and some butter on it, you hit the JACKPOT because there was going to be a piece of leftover chicken! Whoooohooooo!

Well I opened my lunch one day and I had the thickest p-nut butter and jelly sandwich I had ever seen! It was a monster! And when I got home I was hugging Mama and thanking her for the best lunch EVER!

She was like, “Okay honey. It was just a P, B, & J.”

“J----” comes homes murmuring and grumbling about there not being a piece of chicken and all he had was a skimpy bread and NO butter sandwich.

Come to find out that Mama got interrupted the evening before when she was making our lunches and just slapped the bread together without realizing that one of them was a huge P, B, & J and the other plain bread.

Score for TX!!!

Now the second story is this: Daddy was in the Navy so he was gone a lot of the time. But when he was home, and Daddy made your lunch, he made LUNCH!!! Two sammies, lots of goodies in the sammies, couple bags of chips and Ho-ho’s or Ding-ding’s whatever was chocolate and handy! Good Daddy!

Well one night he’s making the lunches and he asks Mama what did she write on them (meaning “Full name or just first?”) Mama says “Whatever”.

We open the fridge the next morning and there on our brown paper sacks were written “Claude” on one and “Clyde” on the other. Being the oldest I took “Clyde” cuz there wasn’t any way I was going to school as “Claude”!!!

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too funny! Enjoyed the chuckle.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stories! Made me laugh! Memories, so nice.

And yes, when Dad had to make the lunches the lunch bags weighed 2 times as much and had lots of junk food in them too!

Here is another story...

One day when I was sitting down getting ready to eat my brown sack lunch in the school cafeteria I opened up my bag and inside was the wax paper wrapped sandwich, as usual.

But when I unwrapped the wax paper there was a sandwich sized block of wood instead of a sandwich.

Confused, I looked again in the bag and there was another package. Inside it was a one dollar bill and a note that said...

April Fools! Go buy your lunch!

She got all of us that day!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stories! [Big Grin]

Glad you weren't called "Whatever" TxC!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello <<<<< Ev'body >>>>>,

Oh the wood sandwich, now that's funny Tinny !!! [Smile]

Lymetoo, TxCoords folks tended to come up with some odd nicknames. He was remembering one set of names, they called him ad his brother. 'Insipid Idiot' and 'Blithering Boob'. Not sure which was which ... poor kids.

I was teasing him about his sense of humor once when I was a bit miffed at him, and called it 'Oh ya mean -what passes for humor?-' made him and a friend of ours crack up laughing.

He still finds that funny. And I am glad he has
a great sense of humor, it really helps sometimes!!!

His Dad was an excellent chef too... speaking of chefs' my TxCoord is fixing to 'plate' our supper... 'plating' as they say on the Food Network.

I'll check back in later,

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement