LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Thoughts on pnemomia vaccine and flu shot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thoughts on pnemomia vaccine and flu shot
momindeep
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that most of us here are anti vaccines as I mostly am too.

My question is...does anyone have experience with or know someone that these vaccinations actually helped?

My husband got pnemonia...spelled wrong sorry...we think viral....he and I think it all stems from a failed heart stent (long story).

He has been hospitalized 3 times in the last five weeks.

Please advise...oh and by the way....if you don't take the blood pressure and statin drugs they prescribe...they will practically bully you into doing so.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You say: "if you don't take the blood pressure and statin drugs they prescribe...they will practically bully you into doing so." (end quote)

Curious, I am. Who won?

* Does he also have lyme / TBD? If so, Mycoplasma pneumonia and also Chlamydia pneumonia (Cpn) might be considered as they often go with lyme / TBD. If he does have lyme / TBD, seems a good idea to consider these and a protocol that would address accordingly.

www.cpnhelp.org

Cpn Help

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/134246?#000000

Mycoplasma Links Set

----

Would he be open to other ways to approach all this? Allicin, for one, can really help both with blood pressure and also lipids as well as help with lungs, even to address infection, etc.

There is medical research to back this up, too. Yet, it would be best to be advised by a ND for a wide range of options suited particularly to his body at this time.

http://www.wisconsin-nd.org/

Wisconsin Naturopathic Doctors Association

http://www.wisconsin-nd.org/content/search.php

Find a ND near you

Perhaps more luck with finding on near Minneapolis, considering where you live:

http://www.mnanp.org/

Minnesota Association of Naturopathic Physicians

http://www.mnanp.org/find-a-doctor

Find a ND in MN
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
As you both study your choices (?) in this matter, some key detail to consider. And, if a vaccine is to be taken, there might be some things to do before - and after - that might help. There is one article in this set about that.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=131625;p=0

VACCINE INGREDIENTS - Informational Links set
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Cholesterol is not the big bad wolf that many think. Still, for lipid health, a ND would best know options to suggest.

If he has lyme / TBD, "STICKY BLOOD" could be the key player here. A LLMD / LL ND would know all about that and ways to help. The herb, Prickly Ash Bark is helpful and in many lyme protocols.

Also, If he does have "sticky blood" BABESIA should be assessed. Babesia & Bartonella can also cause lung issues.

Avoid ALL TRANS FATS, of course, is key. And move to GOOD fats in the diet, best if even healthy oils are not heated, no "roasted" nuts but go for raw.

At one time, I know I had an entire set of links on statins. But my files are scrambled. All I could find:

http://www.anh-usa.org/natural-health-news-briefs-september-29-2015-3/

Do Statins Age You Faster?—New Study

By ANH-USA - September 29, 2015

Excerpts:

A recently published study in the American Journal of Physiology has shown that statins—anti-cholesterol drugs—are disrupting our stem cells.
Stem cells are . . . .

. . . Dr. Reza Izadpanah, a stem cell biologist at Tulane and the lead author of the study, was quoted as saying,

"Our study shows statins may speed up the aging process. People who use statins as a preventive medicine for heath should think again, as our research shows they may have general unwanted effects on the body which could include

muscle pain, nerve problems, and joint problems [as well]." . . . .
-

[ 09-30-2016, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Returning this station to the original question:

Re: pneumonia vaccine and flu shot?

"does anyone have experience with or know someone that these vaccinations actually helped?"
-

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Keebler...my husband is under the care of the functional doctors the got my daughter well.

He has been tested for all these things you mentioned...we are thinking that a failed stent (100%)clogged caused his lung to collapse which caused a chest tube to be inserted which in turn caused pnemonia...

Just big old domino effect in my opinion.

No...the doctors strong arming did not work for statins or high blood pressure meds...as he has neither high cholesterol or high bp...his functional doctor is taking care of his heart but he was unable to stop a faulty stent from closing, of course.

As far as cholesterol his doc is of the mindset that inflamation is the culprit in many many cases of high cholesterol and he addressed that and my husbands cholesterol level reflects our attention to a rigorous diet.

I am so sick and drained of doctors not understanding there is good science that backs up a different way of treating disease.

Yup...and my husband has Lyme...but his doctor treats many other things first before he focuses on Lyme.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think a vaccine would have helped protect him in that case.

Get a copy of Dr Sinatra's book on the heart and cholesterol.

I think if anyone tries to force me to take a statin, I will fill the script and just NOT take it.

So far, I have smart doctors and no one has said a thing. (cardiologist as well)

PS.. I truly believe that statins can cause Alzheimer's. Look it up. I think it did that to my father in law, but no one is listening to me.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my perspective.

For myself, I have a lot of interaction with people throughout the day and week and I can't afford to miss work (my own consulting business with peak work December through mid April). I get the flu shot (normally in mid October).

For my daughter (who has the tick borne illnesses) she doesn't do the flu shot. This was part of our discussion with our LLMD today and he feels if she is not being exposed why do it.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The brain is made of cholesterol taking drugs to lower it reduces the brain.

I do get the flu shot every year.
MADDOG

Posts: 3997 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-nFB9Uh3s

If you watch this video, just about 30 minutes, you may think TWICE before sending anyone to take a flu shot.

The doctor bases his slides on FDA information.

You may be trading FEAR of the flu to possible cancer and autoimmune diseases.

He shows papers and papers saying how ineffective flu shots are, specially to some age groups.

In the end, he will give some suggestions how to reinforce your immune system naturally.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Thank you to each one of you who took time to respond. It is difficult to not second guess my choices for my husband when you are pressured from many angles to conform.

My poor dear of a husband ended up in the hospital two weeks after he was hospitalized for a collapsed lung and heart attack.

The man was so very sick with pnenomia that he was actually thankful that he was admitted to the hospital...that is how sick he was.

The sickening part was here my husband is very ill, just gets into his room from the er, and the doctor comes in and gives him/me a 20 minute lecture on why we are sooooo wrong not to be taking statin and high bp meds! I was pissed....and when I finally got home that night I could not sleep because of it. We were there for PNENOMIA....not his heart.

Follow up doctors...same lecture....er doctors...same lecture....cardiologist....same lecture...it is like they are reading from the same script...and you are less than for making an informed decision concerning your health that flies in the face of their prescription pad.

This is why I never go to a doctor myself...I have lost trust during the years my daughter was ill...and now it is in my face again. I have a real problem with allopathic medicine....I know there is a place and time for it...but...

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very conservative view, but it does point out that vaccines have never been proven to be effective.

http://www.naturalnews.com/055537_peanut_allergy_vaccines_toxic_ingredients.html#ixzz4MFY1i72L

(I'm not trying to convince you of anything... that's got to be your decision.)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Thank you everyone...just reinforced what I already know...just get weak at times when doctors make you feel that your care as caregiver is inadequate.
momindeep
Member # 7618

At least I was able to tell the doctor NO to levofloxicin for my husband...had to hold my own on that for two days!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I fought to keep my husband off of Cipro. He was very ill with two maladies and they pretty much HAD to give it to him.

He seems to have survived it. I sure hope so because those drugs are on my NO list.

[ 10-06-2016, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement