LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What you can do today: December 18

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What you can do today: December 18
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning:

Delightful sunny day and it is now a balmy 4 degrees here.

Church was cancelled due to ice, snow, wind.

I went out twice this morning to get the snow off first and then to work on the ice underneath. Drive is almost clear except for slant at bottom.

Cooking salmon and asparagus for lunch and then relaxing the rest of the day.

Have a week full of cheer.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad our church was canceled too. Whew.

It was 9 degrees this morning. We got ice, sleet and snow last night. Probably only an inch of snow. I know the hill to the church was iced over and our hill didn't look too good either.

We won't be venturing out today. We hope to thaw out by tomorrow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. Before I forget .. I'm willing to offer you a bottle of Bacopa at shipping cost. OR to kayak if she wants to try it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
School is already cancelled for tomorrow. Bummer since I will be going to dentist anyway at 7 AM. Might as well have gone on to work.

Pray I have no cavities.

Already below zero here without wind chill. Seems like whole country is getting the arctic blast.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sorry you still have to get out. We've been inside all day. I haven't even opened the door!! [Big Grin]

Hope there will be no cavities!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Thanks Hiker for starting our thread!

Ran a few errands then spent time at the mall. Other than that doing a whole lot of nothing.

Hiker-That salmon and asparagus sound delish! We had leftover Chinese food. [Roll Eyes]

TuTu-I went this morning and bought a bottle. If Kayak doesn't want to give it a go I'd be happy to take it off your hands. We'll work out the particulars. I'm trying some other herbs too if I can find them.

Hope we all have a terrific week!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to the dentist and got a good report. Came home and went back to bed for over 2 hours.

Another cold day and a good day to stay inside.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's bacoba? What does it do?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Mast cell stabilizer.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Oh boy! My good knee is hurting me. Hope it's not from exercise. Hurts on the inside of my leg beside the knee cap. Still went to Zumba today and did the whole class. My knee hurt with some of the movements so trying to be extra careful.

Hope I'm not being an idiot!

Hiker-I'm envious of that extra sleep!

Hi Kayak and Tutu!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. rest it a few days.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it over the counter

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm exhausted from having organizer lady here. She mostly cleaned but she talked so much it wore me out.

She showed me how to use fb messenger video and I just did it with grand kids

I'm probably gonna rest a lot tomorrow then see doc on wed and get 2nd drain out

I want a shower so bad!

I hope that knee isn't hurt bad a k ..

I guess I'm one say behind hiker. Very cold today and tonite...then starts to warm up

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, it's an herb.

Get some rest!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wow..just watched news and it was 14 below last nite. No wind.

The organizer lady was here for 5 hrs yesterday. It was supposed to be 2-3. I just can't think on my feet anymore. She arrived 45 min late but had called and I was fine with it. I showed her list after a few words about her daughter and grand kids...but she moved to couch and said I'm going to sit for a minute. She talked for 75 min. I kept nodding off. I would say a little something and then wait hoping she would go to list and start to work but she just kept talking. In the past when this happened I would joke it was good we were friends but I couldn't pay for talking and each time she was more pushy about she wouldn't charge me for talking and in the past I think she only charged me for working time...but yesterday I was afraid to repeat about can't pay for talking because she gets so loud about she won't charge me for talking...so finally at 11 she started to work. She kept talking but was working. At one point I did fall asleep and she probably did most work then

There were 2 lists.
1st-must do
Wipe/dust all(not walls)
Bath
Vacume
Mop
Take trash out

2nd-if time
Inside fridge microwave and toaster oven
Move a shelf back cuz I'm not needing wc so much
Get xtra cardboard to recy tote
Move potty to shed

When she started to work She added in the 2nd list stuff and did it all together. I was pretty sure she would finish before the nurse came at 2. I had told her twice about nurse coming and was sure she would leave by then.

But she wasn't done. And nurse blocked her in. And so when she was done she said she would sit with Etta...who was locked in bedroom and going crazy...while I got bandages changes. Nurse left. I pay her with credit card and before nurse came I left card out for her. At one point I heard her say...ok..4 hrs when looking at the clock. But I was half dressed and didn't want to start conversation. So she left. I caught my breath and realized she never mopped floors. The most important thing

I called and left her a message but I screwed up again and it went to my neighbor. They are both Kim

Floors had just been vacuumed and it was first time in a month and boys had been here. Floors needed to be washed so I slowly started. I did bedroom laundry room bath and hall and collapsed

Today I will do living room in sections

The more I think of it the more I think she was on a speed drug. Oh...and in the middle of working she got a business call and was on phone 20-30 min.

So really I think the most she worked was 2- 2.5 hrs and she charged me for 4

Before she came this time I had asked her to come work another time and said the products she used didn't bother me but I really couldn't have her husband in the house unless he didn't wear the stuff he wore the first time. He's a nice guy and handy. He did some things once while she was working. He lived Etta and filled around the floor with her. It was before I understood mcad but I knew I was getting chemical sick but I didn't say anything. I'm so desperate for competent workers. When they left I aired the house out for hours and gave Etta 3 baths...she thought I was crazy and was really mad at the end...and I showered and changed my clothes 3 times...finally the stink was gone

So when I told her she got really defensive and swore he didn't wear anything and she refused to come once when planned but cause he was going to come with her cuz they had some place to go after

So with that history I was hoping to mend fences and during the talking time I tried to share about how I figured out mcad was real and how I was managing it and she seemed to understand...I knew that part of conversation was impt and am willing to pay for that...but she went on and on a ling time about her grand kids and gingerbread houses. And it was way too much

So I guess I can just not call her again. She really is a good worker. But odd in a way....I don't need to be entertained. It wears me out. I can be polite for 5 or1 10 minted. But not hours. I don't really know how to fix it. But if she just worked she could do job in 2 hrs ... Idk. Its not good for me to do it all myself and its important to keep dust down. I just don't know.

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--Maybe you could give her the list if she comes again and say you don't feel well and vanish to another room.

School is in session today despite the iciness, but the kids' minds are already on vacation.

Going to chiropractor. Feel so toxic and off balance.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. closely monitor your credit card statements for the next few months.

If she comes again, let her know that she owes you for two hours.

I bet you are right about the drug use. So sad that addiction is so prevalent now.

Hiker .. Sorry you feel so off-balance .. yuck!!

I went to exercise today after my housekeeper came. I watched her dust .. sheesh. Why can't they just do it right? Why is that so hard?

Trying to get all gifts finished. I have 4-5 ready to go.. progress for me, for sure. I may need to get a gift card for my brother. He needs nothing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hiker I was thinking about that

Tutu...that's why I wish I could fix problem wit this cleaner. She really does a good job when she stops talking and works. But then I did get upset when I realized she didn't do under the furniture. I ended up doing that

I cooked 6 servings of egg casserole and 8 servings of butternut squash

I started to organize list of expenses for taxes and watched a pretty bad movie

Etta went out in the sun with her cost on for awhile and I threw her ball and snake for awhile but she's still stir crazy

I'm going to take her to daycare. Tomorrow when I go to doc. Hope she has fun

Nite.

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Me and Mom went to the rehab gym. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill maxing at 3.2 mph per my therapist. Did stretches, triceps extensions and biceps curl 3 sets of 8 with a 5 lb weight. And I was able to do yoga because we were early. I didn't bend as much because of my knee and was very careful.

Josh and I went to the movies tonight and saw 'Dr. Strange', the new Marvel Comics movie. It was actually good with a pretty decent cast. I always enjoy myself going out with Josh, even if its a scary movie.

TuTu-I'm still working out but trying to be very careful. I put this pain patch on my knee and it's feeling better.

I thank God for gift cards! It's my go to gift for the hard to buy for folks in my life.

Kayak-OMG! Your organizer would drive me nuts! Hiker's vanishing act is a good one! Also try getting on the phone and talking with someone while she's there. Also do not let her rip you off! Nip that it the bud!

Hiker-When's your vacay start? Josh's last day was today and he doesn't go back until Jan 9. He's practically jumping up and down with joy! I went to his house tonight and he had a big box on his kitchen table filled with gifts from students and coworkers. So happy to see he's appreciated.

Anyways gang, I'll see you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, almost forgot.....got my haircut before going to the movies. It's a short pixie and I still haven't colored it so I'm still salt and peppered.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ak doesn't that hurt with your shoulder? I can't imagine doing anything above my waist. Sometimes I use my right hand to put my left hand on top of head. Once it's up there it can sometimes comb hair a little

But..LISTEN ABOUT MY EXERCISE TODAY!!!
I dropped Etta at daycare. Getting ready for a say out was exercise too.

Then I went to big grocery to get 5 things that are cheaper there. I got off track. Spent a hundred bucks. I think one son and adult grandson are coming sometime Christmas week depending on weather. I didn't get all the fixens for a Christmas meal but I got the parts I thought I could handle. Plus a monster bag of wings cuz I know they like them. So that's 3 big meals. They like a few take out places around here so they can fill in the blanks with that

After going to those 2 places with no mask and no reaction I was feeling weird. Like what's going on here.

Then I went to docs...I was half hour early so I took a slow drive up and down the beach...2 ppl were swimming without wetsuits

The air was 43 degrees and last night the weather guy said the water was 46 so I guess they went in to warm up! They stayed in quite awhile

Then I went to doc. She took drain out so I can shower starting Friday. She said all looked good. There are pockets of fluid under my arms but they don't hurt. They are not lymphedema. They will slowly go away she said.

She doesn't want me to even see plastic surgeon til February and aid I should get knee done first cuz better to let chest heal before cutting it again

I know knee doc has at least 3 month wait so probably end of march. 3 weeks in rehab. Then home and think about plastic surgery

Shoulder might be put off over a year cuz it is in same place as mastectomy

Anyway...she told me I could walk dog too. Of course I'm afraid to when its icey but maybe I can sometimes

Then I picked Etta up without a mask and no reactions

Now I'm back in house. Ate lean beef and broccoli and my mouth is tingly. I don't understand that. This morning I woke with lump in throat feeling but it went away when I took my supps

So...not sure what's going on with that. Seems like something in the house might be bothering me

I keep reading about the mast cell. Very complicated. So many variables

I'm crashed in chair. Ettas crashed too so she must have played hard at daycare

I think I might fall asleep. I know I'm waking up to snow but I don't have to go anywhere till Etta gets a haircut Friday. Snow will be gone by then

Nite.

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Just one more day of work and then I am off until January 9. I plan to sleep in Friday for sure and then get things ready to go visit my folks.

Am praying for good weather--we expect some snow Friday, but hoping all clear on Saturday.

Graded projects at work and stopped by library on way home. Am worn out.

Ak--you are really getting in the exercise.

lp--sounds like you got a lot done. Amazing how money burns a hole in the pocket at the grocery store.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK... I wish I could even do the arm cranks at exercise. That's been out for years. Keep it up, girlfriend!!

kayak.. Maybe foods are a bigger issue than you thought?

Also.. if you are calm, everything will go better. Maybe you were calmer today?

I had a good day. Finished up my shopping...finally. I think I have everything I need. I may need to get another gift bag though.

One thing I haven't done is my Christmas cards. I keep procrastinating on that one. Maybe I can get it started tonight. I always do a letter and I do the envelopes in calligraphy .. so it takes awhile!!

I'm not at all shy about mailing them out late. Who cares, right?

The weather is nice and it will be pretty good the day we have to travel, so I feel calm about that.

Hiker .. so you are traveling this Saturday? Hope it's OK for you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Yay! A no cooking day for me. Pineapple and granola for breakfast then off to rehab gym for Zumba class. Different instructor today but still got in quite a workout.

About an hour or two afterwards my knee has been bothering me so have been limping around.

Still managed to go assist Josh putting together his Nordic track treadmill. I showed up when he was mostly done but he needed me to hold the tread part up to work on the bottom.

Vegged out the rest of the day.

Kayak-My shoulder hurts all the time. Some of the moves I can't do at all but I try the best I can. I have limited range of motion with that arm. I found out the hard way not to do chest or overhead presses. I messed up my shoulder from trying those and took 3-4 weeks for the bad pain to subside.

As for the food issues, it varies for me. Now I'm just guessing but I think it depends on your histamine load. Some days I can drink a cup of tea or eat carbs, etc and it doesn't bother me too much. Other days I flush and feel hot and sickly.

Hiker-Hope it's a short drive to your folks and doesn't snow. What in the world are you going to do with all the time off? I sure hope you have a chance to rest up and have some fun!

TuTu-I tried the New Step one day at rehab working mostly my arms. It tweaked my shoulder! The rowing isn't to bad. The arm crank I've never tried and don't think I'll even attempt it. My poor Mom dreads that one. She said it hurts her shoulder.

I was a little lax getting my cards out this year. I wish I could do calligraphy! My penmanship isn't that great. Sometimes when I write in a hurry I can't read it later!

Gang, it's getting closer and closer to Christmas! I can't wait!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

hiker...hope you have an easy drive and good week i cant sleep in tomorrow cuz etta is going to early haircut i usually have to wait 5 hrs for her but she said if i drop her at 10 i can pick her up at 1

hanging out in the car for more than 3 hrs might be hard now...but it should be a nice day

we had about 3 inches of snow this morning and i i shoveled the patios...doc said i could do anything that didnt hurt if i was a little better i could have done drive too and saved 20 bucks but im still a little afraid of the ie and thought that would be pushing it ive already paid plow guy more this winter than last

tutu...im not sure what you mean about food i identified a bunch of high histamine foods and stopped them im almost positive food is what pushed me over the edge...black and green tea...pineapple banana pumpkin apple cider vinegar...

i do feel calmer..and i have so much more energy i cant stay in bed past 7...kind of amazing

i hope you have an easy trip this year and dont get any viruses

ak pineapple gives me a clear hard time...starts with tingles in mouth be careful but i agree we are all different...and im sure what we inhale counts

i didnt plan on sending cards this year...but i was thinking maybe i could get them in the mail by the 24th...we ll see

oh...i got yours ak!!! ty!

so today i was up early...then shoveled patios twice...and worked on organizing bills some...seems like i did more im back in chair with heat pad i have new upper middle back pain i think its cuz im using different back muscles since i lost so much weight in my chest. im standing taller...i feel like im riding a horse

so...etta and i will be alone christmas and im not sending presents...all they like is the pecans and they are soooo expensive this year im going to give my adult grandson a check to even up for all the stuff i send the babies thats it.

but i ordered myself a pedometer and trekking poles i hope i get to use them and im dreaming about kayaks and riding again idk i feel like a different person

have a good nite everyone

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I was thinking maybe the broccoli got to you, kayak..

AK .. Our new step is legs only.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--I love my trekking poles. Make sure you get a brand where you can buy extra "feet" as they wear out.

Hurrah! Am done with school for 2 weeks. Kids were great today and I got all my grades done, so I am not doing any school work over break.

Picked up a gluten free pizza and making a salad for dinner. I had a coupon for the pizza!

Time to chill out!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, hiker! I do remember that feeling of relief!!

AK .. PLEASE don't eat pineapple.. you will be able to fill that bucket less often if you will leave it out. It's like playing Russian roulette! LOL

kayak .. That's amazing that you are feeling so much better. Remember I told you that once the cancer was gone you would probably feel less reactive? I do hope that continues!!!

Speaking of cancer .. my sister in law's biopsy came back negative!!! That is HUGE!!! She still has a 70% chance it will come back. Surgery may still be in the picture. I'm going to call them tonight and see what is going on.

Can't wait to see them next week!!! What joy there will be!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Me and Mom went to the rehab gym today. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill maxing out at 3.2 mph. Stretches and triceps and biceps sets with 6 and 10 pound weights. Also tried something new with 4 lb weights lifting them in front no higher than my shoulder. Also did seated chest flys. Did my usual 3 sets of 8 on all weight work.

Knee is better today thank God.

Hiker-Yay! Christmas break! Enjoy, enjoy! Josh and I are planning on going to the movies every Tuesday til he goes back to work. I sure must love my nephew because I told him he could pick the movie. You know it's going to be scary. [Eek!]

Kayak-Are you taking any antihistamines or H2 blockers? I'm amazed that you're doing so much better! I've been calmer and more energetic too. Also I don't go to the bathroom all the time or have such bad incontinence. I get excited because I'm able to do more things and feel better.

I didn't know about pineapple. I haven't been reacting to it but must be my meds.

Count me in for kayaking! Wish I could ride again cause I'd join you. Darn all my broken bones!

TuTu-Broccoli and pineapple are bad for us? Nnnnnooo! Thank you for sharing the wonderful news about Eve. What a wonderful Christmas gift! My friend who had breast cancer passed her 5 year mark this year, yay! She had one of the later stages that was super aggressive and is a walking miracle!

As always coming to this thread has helped me tremendously in so many ways. Physically with the exercise, spiritually with the faith aspect and emotionally with the love that we have for one another.

You guys ROCK!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Slept in a bit, but got up before rain/sleet moved in to go take papers to recycling and also went to electronic recycling to drop off broken DVD player and steam irons.

Went back to bed for awhile. Am doing some laundry, watching Hallmark Christmas movie and reading.

Really need to start exercising, but have a great deal of trouble walking. No excuse for not getting on exercise bike, though.

Hope the rain does not freeze too much here. Should warm up this weekend, though.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. Pineapple is extremely high in histamine. Broccoli may be OK, but since kayak was reacting to "something" I thought it might be the broccoli.

I can't eat it because of sals.

I did a doozy today. I came out of a VERY busy Wal Mart (Lord, help us all) and to protect my purse while loading the trunk, I left my purse in the trunk and accidentally locked it up!

I was in a bit of a rush, as someone was waiting for my parking spot.

Of course, my phone was also in my purse. So I walked back to the store (in the falling rain.. 40 degrees)... and called hubby. He came in less than 10 minutes and I waited inside for awhile before going out to stand in the rain and wait. (So I only stood out there less than 5 min)

So... we went home and unloaded the car, then he took me to Staples to get my Christmas letters they were printing off. Did I mention that I love my husband?

I'm worn out and need to get more things ready for our trip .. but all in all.. it was a good day.

Hiker .. wish someone would figure out why you have so much trouble walking. It's a real bummer for you!!

OH... forgot .. We've been under a "boil order" since yesterday. I didn't find that out until about 10 pm last night!! Found out in our neighborhood's email message!!! [rant]

So if I die from e.coli you will know why.

They tested the water once today and it was OK, but they have to check it again tomorrow before giving the all clear. Something happened with an accident about a mile from here. Not sure what actually happened.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu maybe I feel better cuz cancers gone but I thought of a second reason. I had stopped all supps the beginning of October for first surgery and with all the changes I lived over 2 months with no supps or ibuprofen so i had been in really bad shape when I had surgery.

The feeling better is coinciding we I th me adding supps back in. So that might be part of it

Ak...this is kind of interesting. For 20 years or so I have been taking Lakewood for reflux...but it is a mcad drug. And hydroxyzine for insomnia but it is a mcad antihistamine

So now that I look back to ragweed and melon allergy and hives with sulfa and red wine I suspect I have been having histamine issues for a very long time and those 2 meds were"treating" it....

I have had flushing for years as well but no one could explain it

So I still take those 2 meds plus for rescue I usually take a benadryl first and if I need more I take a zyrtec and a pepcid

I also have an inhaler and I don't go anywhere without my respirator or face masks now

And I don't seem to have a problem with broccoli. I think tutu said that is high salicytates and I don't think I have that problem. But one bite of pineapple and my mouth begins to tingle and if I eat more I start to cough
Pineapple must be really high histamine

Hiker...you are reminding me that I have a bike too

I feel like I want to walk Etta but I never know when the knee will get stuck and not hold any weight at all...its scaredy to leave house without walker but maybe I will start in drive and then just back and forth in front of house

Sheesh tutu that purse in the trunk sounds like something I would do. I rarely go to big supermarket but am afraid of someone stealing my house when I do

I don't usually need help taking groceries to car and unloading but now I say yes if they offer cuz it makes me feel safer

That is really wrong...getting mugged in daylight in busy parking lot is so wrong

Things are changing everywhere and not for the better

Well...I wasn't gonna take my first showeer til tomorrow...but I tried sitting in the new chai again after 4 days of ozone and exhaust fan. I thought it would be ok cuz when I walk in the room it doesn't bother me but in about 20 minutes my skin was trickling all over so I ended up stripping and washing all clothes and showering with soap...first time !!!!...and washing hair...and its a lot better but Etta was on chair with me I I think she has some on her cuz where she is sitting on me is starting to trickle again

Oh well...hardly any pain...no infection...my brother is in 10th say of infection...I have nothing to complain about. I will treat that chair like I treated the carpet. It took nine months but I finally got it off gassed

I'm changing my own bandages now. I just have a 1 inch square covering where the drain is

I am in more pain today than any say since surgery cuz the fluid that was coming out of drains is puking up under arms

Doc and nurse say it is NOT lymphedema and the body will absorb it. So positive thoughts for that

Well have a happy everyone. Safe travels.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Gees. Lakewood above is omeprazole

And house is purse

Brothers in 10th month of infection

Piling up

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Hi everyone! Well, same arm workout and stretches as yesterday. My Mom put a pain patch and wrapped my knee before we went to the gym so my knee isn't hurting as bad as before. Had Zumba today and just loved it! Temp instructor is so sweet and is retired from the military. She looks so young to me!

Cleaned bathroom today, made onion dip and prepped celery and cucumber sticks for hor doeuvres tomorrow.

Hiker-Josh is going like gangbusters on his new treadmill. I'm so glad because we both need to lose weight and get in shape. I haven't gone to the gym in years and am enjoying myself immensely!

Kayak-My allergist also thinks I've had MCAS since childhood. I have the hot feeling and flushing too from so many things. I swear after the holidays I'm cleaning up my act. My Mom doesn't really believe me about the flushing and says they're just hot flashes. Just like when I told them about Lyme. So....here we go again!

Glad you're feeling better too!

TuTu-What is it about Walmart?!?! I left my wallet right at the card swiper one time but once I got in my car I realized I forgot it. Thank goodness the cashier saw it and was holding onto it for me. I think it's sensory overload or something.

You have a wonderful husband! I remember when my old car kept stopping on me and I called mine, he complained about having to get me. One time I had to take a cab.

BTW, I've never heard of a boil order but it scares me to death! So now its not safe to use our water! I don't drink tap water at home but I do at restaurants, so they'll get me one way or another.

Anyways all, tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I'll be super busy like everyone else. Even so, see you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. Yeah, it's no big worry here with purses being stolen. I was just being careful. I try to keep it on my shoulder or safe under stuff if I lean over to get something at the store.

I worry about leaving it in the basket as I load my trunk. With it being Christmas, people are more tempted to steal. There was no one around. I was just be overly cautious. Hey, I grew up in Houston!

Yes, I was very proud of my hubby because not only did he not complain at all about coming to get me, he went home with me to unload the car and then offered to take me to Staples since I had told him I still had one more stop.

I thought he wanted to go to look at something, but he just took me because he knew I was on "overload." At least he got to see how crazy it was at WM. He never goes with me and never sees how bad it is during a holiday.

We have choir in the morning .. so I'll see you guys sometime in the afternoon. Try to behave yourselves!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hi. I had trouble sleeping for first time since surgery. Still not complaining but there is more pain. I got up about 230 cuz I couldn't sleep and read some mcad stuff and took notes...by 4 I felt like sleeping

Its pouring rain over ice and mailman just came...I feel so bad for her walking in this

I got up at 9...really late for me now...ate good breakfast and got meds in but not feeling right

Daughter called last night and said she and hubs want to come late tues and leave thurs...

Its hard to get excited cuz I don't know if I 'll react and I am a little self conscious about appearance and not allowed to wear anything except cotton undershirt thingy

I've never worn scarves but think I should learn how. Its new for me to care about appearance...I'm usually about function...but this is a pretty dramatic change...and not allowed to camouflage for awhile

After hanging out I made myself make 1 pound of pecan pralines do ppl who come here

I really can't afford to make and send a pound to each kid this year

I have had cranberries left in freezer since finding out about mcad that I can't use so I'm thinking of making quick breads for neighbors and kids who come here

That's more holiday than I thought I would have

I think hikers traveling today...hope that storm is past here. And tutu be safe and have fun tomorrow...or do you leave next say?

And am have a wonderful holiday with your mom and josh

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

I waited until the fog dissipated and drove to my folks. I fixed up their new answering machine--set the time and date and put on a message.

Warming up here and supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow, but with thunderstorms.

I had a hard time finding a parking place at the retirement home, so got a little exercise walking with all my packages etc in.

Happy Christmas Eve!! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Christmas Eve-Been super busy. Got up at 9 and got ready to meet spouse, daughter and grandbaby at Cracker Barrel.

Posting pics on Facebook later.

My step granddaughter is almost 3 and is a little angel! She is so sweet!

Afterwards rushed home and got to work.

We have fingertip foods on Christmas Eve so I made roasted chicken wings, pigs in a blanket, veggie and cheese trays and dessert trays. Dessert was store bought but still grand. We had petite red velvet cheesecakes, chocolate drizzled macaroons and almond brittle.

Just me, Mom and Josh but we had a wonderful time opening our gifts and watching 'A Christmas Story'.

TuTu-Can't behave during the holidays but wish I could. The scale will me tell the truth on Tuesday.

Kayak-Scarves is a great idea. I fold mine in half put it around my neck and put the two loose ends through the loop at the fold. Hard to explain but it's super easy and looks great!

Looks like you're going to be busy with company. I bet you're excited to see family!

Hiker-Ugh! The weather here is so warm! About 75 today for the high and tomorrow will be the same. Wish we had colder weather to make it feel more Christmasy.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Eve and I'll see you all tomorrow!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

[hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement