LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What you CAN do today. December 25

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What you CAN do today. December 25
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 10 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas!! Hope you have a blessed day.

Tutu--Safe travels whenever you leave.

Lunch was so scrumptious--roast beef, grilled asparagus etc. topped off with peppermint ice cream loaded with hot fudge. The retirement center always has pretty good meals.

So, I went down to the exercise room and rode the bike for 15 minutes. I haven't exercised much in awhile except for shoveling snow, so though this wasn't a long round of exercise, it did feel good.

Now for a cup of tea and then a nap. Will be having our usual champagne, cheese, and shrimp later this evening (with olives and dates etc)

After today, I must be careful about my diet, but I don't mind blowing it on Christmas.

Have a great week!

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas!!

We had a nice quiet service today at church. About 20-30 showed up. We had 90 last night.

I had the kids all ready to go in last night and then realized that the baby Jesus was nowhere to be seen. OOPS!! (my first time to be in charge of this)

So after a bit of fruitless searching, I realized who to ask and they said, "He's under the altar." .. OH yeah.. that sounds familiar!! [Big Grin]

So I had to go up to the front while the mini-concert was going on and sneak the baby Jesus out, wrapped up by my choir robe. I gave some friends a bemused look as I exited the sanctuary.

It was all pretty funny and something the kids and I will always remember. I texted my friend (who USUALLY handles all this)... "Found Jesus!"

LOL // I took a pic of the kids with their big smiles and then one with Mary, Joseph and the angel .. WITH the baby.

All else went well and it was a beautiful and emotional service.

Praise God and thank you Jesus for always being there and for searching for US.

--

We leave in the morning... Take care, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too funny, Lymetoo, about finding baby Jesus. Great reminder that He is always there even in unexpected places

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christmas Day-Coming in late but finally done with everything and off the phone.

Thank you Hiker for starting the thread. Happy to hear that you're enjoying Christmas and even getting some exercise in today!

TuTu am relieved you found Jesus! Made me laugh reading how that came about.

Today was just me, Josh and Mom for our 2:00 p.m. dinner. I made a rib roast, au jus and horseradish cream and also corn on the cob and yeast rolls. Mom did scalloped potatoes and Josh made brocolli and his famous pecan pie.

Not only am I stuffed and probably 3 lbs heavier but feel like I could sleep all day tomorrow. I'm going to try and stay in my jammies all day. I'm flat worn out from all the cooking.

Anyways, tomorrow starts a new week and hopefully I'll be vegging out!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehee... Thought I would give you the story because we all laughed pretty hard about it.

See ya!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raining here, so am inside today. Still at my folks.

Went down to exercise room and did about 25 minutes of exercise. Used the bike, the nu-step and another machine that works the triceps. Wish I had the last machine at home. It also can be used to work biceps and does work the legs at the same time.

Lp--How are you?

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi...I'm good. I had a quiet morning with Etta yesterday and then it was so beautiful and dry roads so we went and hung out at beach for about 4 hrs.

I've slept in my bed instead of the chair for a few nites. When I'm not in pain from position I sleep way better there cuz there's really low e m f s and good air

I'm glad everyone is safe and happy. Tutu that was funny

I keep cooking little things I think the kids might like. I made a rice pudding and I think I might make an apple crisp

Nothing like what a k did tho. I get worn out just reading about what you guys do

I had to return the scarf I bought to hide my chest cuz I reacted to it. I'm going to look thru my clothes and see if there is somethings I can turn into a scarf

The last few hours I had Christmas music on and was rearranging furniture. House is small with one full bed so I miss having xtra sleeping chairs.

I'm tired now...I need a nap and then need to deal with clutter and bed linens and the living room floor that never got cleaned

My daughter probably won't get here til dark tomorrow so its ok

We are getting ice now. Hope we don't lose power

I'm ozonibg the new chair then airing out room for the rest of the nite. Maybe someone else can sit in it if I can't

Have a good night everyone

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday-No exercise but got my wish and have been in jammies all day. Watched the movie Secretariat which made me cry. Noshing and vegging today and I love it! Tomorrow have to go to the rehab gym which has the dreaded scale.

Oh well.....can't avoid it.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--I got on the dreaded scale at my folks. I am certainly not fat, but I have gained 10 pounds recently and would like to get rid of it.

Yesterday it was in the 60's. Today it is 35, but the sun is shining. I ran 2 errands (one was to a grocery store) and then went for a walk on our Constitution trail. This used to be railroad tracks and is now nicely paved. Only made it 20 minutes, but I am determined to keep at the exercise even if it is just a small amount.

I am pretty sure I pick up a lot of viruses/germs at work and then my immune system thinks "Lyme" and kills them quickly but leaves me toxic. The toxic feeling for me is that my legs feel heavy and just don't want to work.

That is how I feel today. Don't know how to get the immune system back to normal. I think that may be why I always feel better in the summer--not exposed to as many germs.

Still, felt great to get outside. It's been awhile since the sun has been brightly shining.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiker my dil teaches first grade and has been sick since September.

My daughter and her husband and charley the dog should be here close to seven.

I made wings and potatoes and a veggie tray. I 'll probably have to eat before they get here to take my meds right

My oldest says he's coming Thursday from near buffalo by...the same time that big storm is coming. I wish he would get out ahead of it.

I love when more than one kid is here at the same time but I hate having them drive thru storms

I did real exercise today. It was 52 and all was melting but there was still a couple inches of ice on most of drive

It was Sgt and easy to chop so I made a path of pavement so I could get the trash can out to the road

I worked about an hour and then found a trash can collecting water in the back and chopped that out and dumped it

I was tired when I came in rested watching a movie I taped. Fixed supper and now I am crashed again

Ak I'm glad you had a good relaxing day.

I know tutus trip was going well but I didn't hear if she arrived...

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Me and Mom went to the rehab gym. I figured I'd get it over with and went to the scales right away. And what to my wondering eyes did appear....not one single pound gained as I feared!

I really don't get it. I always gain at least 3 lbs over the holidays. I even went so far as stepping on the scale twice!

I've been a workout maniac in my past and would gain weight back then too. I don't know what to think.

Did 30 minutes incline level 2 maxing at 3.2 on the treadmill. Stretches and arm workout as usual and added 10 minutes of rowing.

Hiker-I'm feeling out of sorts from all the junk I'm still eating and my pain meds. Josh is making forays into the exercise world to while on break. It's hard getting started but in my case I can't let my 85 y.o. Mom outdo me. She'd never let me live it down.

Kayak-Wow! You are getting so much done! Hope you enjoy time with your family! I'm posting pictures on FB as soon as I can of some of the things I cooked over the holidays. I'm weird that way!

Anyways gang, I'm glad we all had a great Christmas.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I am sure that where Tutu is now is warmer than here. Not bad temperature wise today, but 30 mph winds. Colder and windier tomorrow.

So, I first tackled the grocery store to get gluten free items and organic meat. I parked in handicapped parking which I rarely do just so I could be close enough that I wouldn't fall over in the wind.

Then several hours later I decided it wasn't very windy and went for a walk. Sometimes I am a fool! Did almost 25 minutes, but am thankful for my trekking poles or I would be blown to Canada.

Went to the library and am settling into the couch for awhile.

Lp--enjoy the visit with your family.

AK--keep rocking that exercise! (and same with your mom) I am impressed with how much you can do.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Solo at rehab today. Danced and laughed my way through another Zumba class. Sometimes I just can't keep a beat and have two left feet.

Got home made lunch for me and Mom then jumped in the shower. Made it to Josh's by 3 and worked for 2 hours helping him clean his house.

We're having a family game night and chili dogs tomorrow evening. Whole family will be at Josh's except my oldest niece who's in Florida.

Hiker-My joints are bothering me a bit from all the exercise but am hoping that'll decrease as I lose weight. 25 minutes of walking is fantastic! I remember lasting only 3 minutes on my old stair climber. I'm just thrilled that my post exertional fatigue is almost nonexistent.

Anyways, trying to wind down so I can get some shut eye. See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

My daughter and her hubs are here. My trekking poles came but I've over done and the knee that needs surgery is in really bad pain so I don't think I can start with them yet

When company leaves I will try to take more ibuprofen and neurontin and supps and maybe I can get one walk in a day

My pedometer says I took 700 plus steps yesterday I started in middle of day...but that is way less than 10000....

Today I ran errands before the storm...and its only 250 or so

Well. I guess its a start for me. We 'll see

This storm sounds like it's gonna be bad...12-18 inches...50mph winds. But we are right on the. Edge of rain and snow so we won't get highest but we might get ice

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Even when I am teaching I don't get in 10,000 steps. Start slowly. Hope the storm bypasses you, but glad your family is there.

Winds up to 40 mph today, so I rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes.

Oiled some of my teak furniture. Lots of work in that. Will do some for the next few days. Most of my furniture is teak, so I am oiling almost every piece of furniture in the house.

Time to relax.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-30 minutes on the treadmill maxing out at 3.2 mph and at a 1.0 incline. Managed a slow jog on some of it. Did the warm up session with the group and enjoyed myself.

Made lunch for me and Mom then we got the things together to take to Josh's.

Family game night was a smashing success. We played Catch Phrase and Apples to Apples. My other 18 y.o. nephew brought his WII and set it up in the den/workout room.

Josh was so happy and excited that everyone had such a good time. Even my little Mom played her games on her Kindle and enjoyed herself.

I hope we do this more often!

Kayak-Don't forget you have to start slow. I've never looked at steps or distance, etc. I always go by time, 30 minutes max for me for cardio unless it's Zumba or some other class. I think you're doing fantastic!

Hiker-20 minutes on the bike and oiling furniture is a lot of work. I'm thinking wax on, wax off. Had to be a great upper body workout.

Guys, looks like we're starting to move more again. I'm so excited and happy to be able to do more.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Never heard of the games you played but games are always fun.

I got on a roll last night at 9:00 and oiled more teak furniture. Finished it up today and then started using Murphy's Oil soap on some kitchen cabinets.

Dropped more items off at electronic recycling and took a bag of clothes to the Thrift store.

Walked outside for 24 minutes. Still a lot of daylight left to do chores, but I think I will back off as I am a bit sore in the shoulder and knee.

Called ENT again today to try and get in on a cancellation. She said I was too late, but I have called every day they are open and asked to be on the cancellation list. I guess it starts over every day promptly at 8:00. Grrr.

She feels that my appointment Tuesday is soon enough, but she doesn't seem to get that I have met my insurance deductible and next week I will have to pay out of pocket. Plus my ear has been driving me crazy without the ear tube.

Oh well, off to relax a bit.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

That's too bad about doc hiker. I wish they would get you in

Well we got the storm. 16 inches of heavy wet snow. I shoveled a lot but didn't gave to pay for shoveled cuz kids helped. Plow guy came early this morning and they left about noon

Then I started trying to freeze all the xtra food so I don't waste it

I shoveled twice today and walked down the road with Etta. I was pushing wc so I don't slip on ice

Today my thingy says over 1000 steps and yesterday over 2000 and it was all cooking and shoveling...no exercise walk. So maybe when I can add that it will make a difference

We had a lot of snow but the wind never blew and they kept saying we would get 50 mph winds so we were lucky

We lost power for half an hour early on so I cranked up the heat just in case

My son and grandson didn't come cuz of the rain. I found out my daughter babysits a lot for the other grand kids. The little ones. I didn't know that. It always makes me happy when my kids do things together

We all seem so scattered

I did learn how to use the video on facebook messenger and I hope to have some sort of interaction with little grandchild ten that way

Well...I'm tuckered out. I did have to take some rescue meds...long story about my daughter thawing a chicken for 24 hrs before cooking it. I was petrified and she was telling me it would be fine. It didn't smell bad and they both ate a bunch of it. I ate some and when my mouth started to tingle I just took benadryl. I guess I 'll chop the rest up and freeze it in small containers for Etta. It couldn't have spoiled cuz they were fine. But it was definitely high histamine

Well...I'm tuckered out. I might fall asleep

Glad everyone is doing ok. I guess kam is having some trouble...maybe mold related

I just got a text from tutu. She's good

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-No Zumba today so did the treadmill, stretching and warm up. Also did my weight workout. Picked up some groceries afterwards and have been vegging since I got home.

Hiker-How are your arms today? I bet you're sore. My arms were aching Wed night after Zumba and helping Josh cleanup.

Kayak-You sure seem to be getting more things done. Glad you're feeling better.

Getting ready to zonk out so see you all tomorrow.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Had a wild and emotional day yesterday. My sister in law and her cousin and her husband, and my brother all went to see two surgeons yesterday to discuss the surgery for the esophagus.

So it was very stressful even though hubby and I stayed home. Two of my high school friends were coming to get me for dinner and in the meantime hubby and I were watching "Miracles from Heaven."

It was so intense that I was about to burst into tears even though I had seen it before. Just as it got to the climax of the movie, my friends arrived. They were here barely 5 minutes when the rest of the family came home.

So we got updated on what occurred at the hospital and then went to eat. I was about to burst into tears again but made it through. We had a great time at dinner.

Long story about that. But all in all, things are good. My sister in law has opted for laparoscopy and I think that is the best for her. She will have the surgery in late January.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lymetoo, Sounds like an emotional roller coaster. I am sure your family is glad you are there. And it's great you are seeing friends (high school--treasured friends!)

Did a quick run to the grocery store. Have a friend coming over tonight. Nothing too exciting for New Year's Eve, but I am not a party person, so this will be nice.

Doing a bit of spot cleaning. Rode exercise bike a little bit, but am sore from all the work I have been doing.

What is everyone doing for New Year's Eve?

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm recovering from company. I'm still trying to pack up food to freeze and try to save. But mostly I'm hanging out. Not dressed yet

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am devastated. Found out spouse has a girlfriend.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't stop crying!

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

me
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akinwolf, I'm so terribly sorry. I can't imagine what you are going through. Big hugs. [group hug]

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement