LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE...What can you do today? Jan 1-

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE...What can you do today? Jan 1-
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starting this week's thread. Let's get to moving and grooving in 2017!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha! i fell asleep eaarly last night after napping most of the day. company wears me out but it was a good visit

today its sunny with a new 2-3 inches so im waiting for the sun to do its work and i will go out at 3 to clear the paths and patios...i wont do drive...its going to be above freezing all week so it should disappear on its own

ive been watching old tv shows i taped and never watched and organizing tax stuff and doing left over dishes and laundry

my knee is little better since i didnt walk much yesterday (900 steps)

but i think i might need to get those gripper things for bottom of my boots if im going to use trekking poles...last time i got those things my hands were tooo weak to get them on...maybe they have a better design now...i ll look around

hope everyone is ok! probably sleeping in...

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had pleasant evening last night with a friend. Then I put away my Christmas decorations, but was in bed before midnight.

I did sleep in this morning and then walked 30 minutes. Sunshine. Sunshine. I love the sunshine! [Cool]

Will settle down to watch a cheesy Hallmark movie this afternoon and then Illini basketball this evening.

Happy New Year!

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Year's Day-No exercise but a super busy day preparing our family feast. I made the relish tray of fresh veggies and onion dip. Also did kale and hambone and pink eye purple hull peas and hambone. Roasted boneless skinless chicken breasts too. Mom made 3 different rice dishes, fried veggie tempura and chicken egg rolls. Oh I also baked Nestle chocolate chip cookies for dessert with neopolitan ice cream.

There was nine of us gathered for the festivities.

We had a good time but I'm glad all the eating is done for another year. I'm totally vegging now.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow a k. That's a lot of food. I had leftovers. I 'll be having leftovers for a month I think

I remember when I cooked a big meal on new years while the family took down the tree and put decorations away

Usually recently I struggle to decide how much to decorate. This year it wasn't even a consideration. I didn't even get out my fab little drummer boy

I messed up and took my antihistamines this morning. I always feel like I'm almost ready to react so it is scary to not take the minimum

Also...while digging in back room for tax stuff I realized whatever bothers me from new chair has spread to plastic totes and papers so I had a pretty big reaction and then had to Dec on whole living room

Now I'm gonna have to use respirator to find the rest of tax papers. I feel like I should get hazmat suit cuz I w as burning and itching all over last night

I hope the quercetin works. I'm gonna try it in 4 or 5 days

I have a long list of To do s today. Its grey out...rain ice storm tomorrow. I'm glad I don't have to go out

I see allergist wed and surgeon thurs. I'm having most pain I have had add once surgery. I think its stitches getting absorbed and glue letting go

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LP-Hope that new chair is comfortable, because it sounds like it not good for your health.

Raining here, so rode exercise bike for 20 minutes. I just turn on the CD player and listen to music and try not to look at the timer until at least 4 or 5 songs have played. Otherwise I get bored.

Cooked chicken breast, snow peas, and carrots for lunch. Wish I could eat AK's egg rolls!

Then will settle in to read and watch some of the bowl games this afternoon.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Monday-Rainy here so ran some errands and tried some retail therapy. No exercise but I did find some great workout clothes at Walmart. My stepdaughter told me they carry Danskins brand so I bought 2 bottoms and 1 top. Ready to go workout tomorrow!

Kayak-We had a ton of leftovers so I packed most of them up and gave them to Josh and my brother to take home.

FYI, I bought NOW Stinging Nettle Root Extract to help my histamine issues. I'm calling my allergist to set up my 6 month appt tomorrow. I'm wondering what my histamine levels are now.

Hiker-Wish I could send you some eggrolls! No wheat, made with rice paper wraps and they fry up so crispy!

Anyways gang, time to veg out. See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

tepidauutmn
Member # 49476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tepidauutmn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do light house cleaning a few times a week. And I plan on incorporating gentle yoga and qi gong into my regimen.
Posts: 74 | From Lawrenceville, NJ | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tepidauutmn--What is qi gong?

I rode the exercise bike 20 minutes as it was raining again. Now it is freezing rain.

Finally had my appointment with ENT and got a new ear tube put in. I insisted on a different nurse as the one who came in had a cold and picked up the tube that goes in the ear to measure pressure with her bare hands. I politely complained and she said she had washed her hands. That is when I asked for a new nurse.

In for the evening due to ice and we are going into deep freeze the next few days. Winter is back.

I also exercises my eyeballs working on a jigsaw puzzle. They are so addictive.

--------------------
Hiker53

tepidauutmn
Member # 49476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tepidauutmn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi hiker53, sorry for your experience!

Qi gong is a form of ancient Chinese exercise which helps you on many levels. You exercise both your mind, body, and soul with breathing, meditation, visualization, and movements.

Posts: 74 | From Lawrenceville, NJ | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Worked out a little harder at the gym. Was stressing out so increased the incline to 2 and did my 26 minutes at 3.2 mph with a slower paced 2 minute warmup and cool down. 5 minutes of slow rowing and stretches and weight work. Also tried a ab machine today.

Definitely helped me to destress!

Then ran errands with my Mom and even managed to catch a movie with Josh. We saw The Arrival which was pretty good.

Tepid-Qi Gong sounds interesting. Recently I've done a little gentle yoga and it helped my joint pain quite a bit.

Hiker-Way to go on the bike! Oh....I love puzzles too! I bought quite a few for my Uncle when he visited with us last summer.

It was 69 today, doesn't even feel like winter down here!

Anyways, have Zumba tomorrow so see you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Really that warm? Below zero wind chills here and very windy. Colder the next 2 days.

Rode the exercise bike for 5 songs (21 minutes).

Went to energy healer.

Finished jigsaw puzzle, Am trying to resist my urge to eat chips. The fact that there are none in the house and it is so cold outside is really helping. LOL

Will watch some shows I taped and read this evening.

Hope everyone had a great day.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I can't imagine doing what you guys do for exercise

I went to allergist and he was much better than I expected. He described mcad ... As far as sx go...but didn't call it mcad...he called it intolerance or sensitivities...and prescribed zyrtec in a.m. and said to continue my and said to continue hydroxyzine at night

He's taking blood to test for some things but not much food. He says food testing with blood isn't accurate

Anyway...I liked him. I rarely like docs but I was impressed with two way conversation we had...he never dismissed me and acted like he liked that I was informed about mcad

It reminded me of working with Lyme docs

So that was positive

Then I came home and chopped ice for an hour. I didn't get my trash out this morning cuz of ice. Now I can walk to road

Last night the chopping I did during the day kept me from falling asleep. I hope that doesn't happen tonight. The ice was softer this time

I texted with tutu today. I think she's having trouble getting online and she's fighting a cold

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-My blood pressure was high today so doubled up on my Toprol and called my GP. They'll see me on Friday.

After extra meds felt better and went to the gym. Did my Zumba class with my typical smiling and laughing at myself! I'm having way too much fun! Other ladies are trying to get me to stay for another class called Silver Circuit.

I might give it a go on Monday.

Hiker-Ladies in class said it's suppose to SNOW here on Saturday! I'll believe it when I see it.
BTW, I've lost the chip and cookie war. I can't workout hard enough to compensate.

Kayak-Glad you liked your allergist. Did you do the 24 hour urine test? I need to redo mine soon. I had a bad histamine issue over New Year's from my pain meds and drinking alcohol and gorging over the holidays. Also I'm stressed out more. Needless to say it's affecting me physically and my skin looks awful! Still trying to get my histamine down.

I don't know how you can chop ice for an hour! That sounds like quite the workout!

Anyways gang, I have PT in the morning then off to the gym again with my Mom. See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--Glad you liked the allergist. Hope he can be helpful. Sounds like you are able to do quite a bit (chopping ice) so soon after surgery.

AK--What is Silver Circuit?

My exercise today was shoveling the snow off the drive. Went to one grocery; will go to the other one tomorrow. Really cold out.

Cooked quite a bit today and watched a sappy Hallmark movie.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-PT appt went great. Got the OK to add abdominal workout as long as I don't hurt my SI joint. Did a warmup routine, stretches, weight work and 30 minutes on the treadmill at 2.0 incline and walking/jogging at 3.2 mph.

Then went to the mall with Mom and later watched a movie with Josh.

Hiker-Silver Circuit is a chair based workout routine similar to the warmup session but more intense. We'll see how it goes!

I don't miss shoveling snow! I know its hard work and would hurt my shoulder.

I'm wiped out and hope I can get some sleep. See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Brr. Got up to 2 degrees outside and that was without wind chill. Just had to sweep off the porch and sidewalk to get off blown snow.

Went to grocery a few blocks away to get the rest of this week's supply. Did a little cooking

Rode exercise bike for 22 minutes. Rest of the day is mine to relax. I will tackle the laundry tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ak...unless you are sure urine test will go to mayo lab and be handled correctly I wouldn't waste money on it. I've been reading a lot about mcad and histamine is very sensitive and if it isn't handled correctly it will always test neg. Even Dr afrin...has to do multiple tests to get pos

Re the chopping ice...when ever I do anything its a "lpkayak" speed....I was out there for an hour. What I did could probably have been done in 10-15 min by my kids or Handiman. I have just accepted I move at a different speed than the rest of the world. Much is done from wheel chair

Today I got distracted all day. About 1 I did 2 errands I had planned on doing first thing

When the mail came I got a box from my sister. It was a 3 page single spaced letter to all of us...there are 6 of us siblings. It was intense. I'm the oldest and she's the youngest. We didn't have a 'leave it to beaver' childhood

I'm not sure what the real point of the letter was...except for her to say she loved each of us...and knew our parents did the best they could

The box was full of old pictures of all of us...and our kids...there was a newspaper clipping of a horseshoe I tied for champion in with two of my friends...I ended up winning with a coin toss cuz it was too dark to keep jumping the horses

There were names in the article of friends who had died and ppl I have lost touch with

I got lost in those pics for 3 hours

I also shoveled the drive when I came back from errands. There was about 2 inches of fluffy snow and if I can clear it without hurting myself it prevents ice from forming

There w as so much ice on wed I was afraid to take trashy road. If I go down I have a really hard time getting up...between bad knee and shoulder...

So it was easy to use the push shovel and I got some off and got some extra steps in...I haven't worn pedometer in 2 days. I hope I remember tomorrow

Ak...when I chop ice I have to do it with one hand. The bad shoulder side mostly just hangs therr

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Raining all day and getting to about 30 tonight. Might be some ice issues early morning but it'll melt later.

Went to my GP appt today and she talked with me about 30 minutes. She wanted to know if anything happened to cause my blood pressure to go up this week. Duh....mentioned spouse upset me over the weekend and that was why. You'd think I could figure that out on my own. So double blood pressure meds until dust settles from divorce.

Anyways, today I did 2-15 minute sessions on the treadmill usual speed and incline. Stretches, weight work and 7 minutes of rowing.

Got home, showered, fixed lunch for me and Mom then vegged out watching back to back old Loretta Young movies. Must have watched about 4 of them.

Hiker-Yay for the 22 minutes! Hope you enjoyed your down day! Watch any good movies?

Kayak-My urine test was sent to the Mayo. My Allergist's office had to instruct Quest Diagnostics on how to prep and send to the Mayo. My first and only test came out so high it scared me. Think the next one I'll just drive the 45 minutes to my Allergist's office.

Please don't blow out your good arm! My good shoulder hurts sometimes from overuse.

RE 3 hours of sucked into the vortex of lost time, what a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. In my book that was time well spent!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--I think it is awesome your sister sent you a letter and the box of remembrances. I bet you will treasure those.

Ak--very proud that you are sticking with your exercise routine. Hopefully that bp will come down soon.

This break I have only been watching movies that are Hallmark chick flicks. But they are pretty much the same. High powered woman meets man in little town and ends up moving there with perfect romantic love. Definitely not my life. [lol]

I write down my amount of exercise each day and I have exercised 14 days in a row. So, I am giving my body a needed rest today from the bicycle. My shoulder and knee are thanking me.

I went to the library this morning and will read this afternoon and maybe watch some basketball or football.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-For exercise today I went into the shed and searched through my boxes. Found my juicer, winter gear and brought in 4 boxes of books.

Also finally put a mirror over my chest of drawers so I can stop using my Mom's.

Watched 2 movies with Josh this evening and now home and vegging out.

Hiker-I brought in my old workout DVD's too and plan on giving them a go tomorrow.

What is it with those kind of movies?! I watch and enjoy them also but am I setting myself up for failure? This will be my second divorce and obviously I don't have a clue.

Well.....guess I'll continue to watch my movies and down the road get a pet.

BTW gang, if I start posting frequently about bringing in stray cats......please, someone help me!

Going to bed.....

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement