LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What you Can do today: JAN 15

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What you Can do today: JAN 15
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang, ready for another week?

Today is the first day in 2 weeks that I have been able to walk outside. Went to local community college where sidewalks were ice free and trekked 30 minutes.

Heading to library this afternoon before more freezing rain moves in later today.

I made a big pot of chili. Great for a cold icy evening.

Then a little football on TV. Tutu, sorry the Texans lost last night.

Have a super week! [group hug]

[ 01-15-2017, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Thanks Hiker for starting the thread! Did my 3 DVD's and worked out in the yard for about an hour. Picked up trash and sticks and limbs. Also had to dig out some dirt around crawl space door so it could close properly.

Hiker we're on the same wavelength in regards to dinner. I've got the beef, veggie and barley soup going in the crockpot. Josh is coming over so plan on relaxing then rest of the day.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i want some of your energy to rub off on me i dont know what is going on with me i have more and more mcas sx everyday...and keep falling asleep durig the day...i did use my new eyedrops in one ey and it seemed to help it says ONE drop only in each eye a day and i cant see or feel how many drops im putting in so im kind of nervous about it

also i am taking my mito supps hoping that will help fatigue but they arent...i keep havng to take extra antihistamines and even tho they have not made me tired in the past i know thats a possibility

im just so itchy and sleepy and now im even sneezing.!!!theres no pollen around here for sure...im still working on leftovers from christmas but they were all frozen so not really left overs

this is a wierd disease

i had planned on going out and chopping ice for a little while cuz it got above 32 and was sunny...but just at the right time i fell asleep in the sun inside with etta on my lap and it was too cold when i woke up

i cleaned up the kitchen some and put one load of laundry in but my leg hurts so bad and now has soe large bruises on it and i dont remember bumping it so i am going to call knee doc again tomorrow...they never got back to me last week about a sooner date than may 24th

im trying to do some on taxes now but im still missing papers

im eating turkey soup with veggies...

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang! We're HOME!!

Had to fight horrible fog and rain the last 2 hours or so.. up and down the Ozark Mountains. Yuck .. with a capital Y!

We heard it was going to be raining all day tomorrow, so thought we'd just GET HOME.

We went thru AR instead of OK due to the ice storm. I think we would have missed it anyway, but who knows?

See ya tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi all
Glad your home safe Tutu!!

I'm still fighting nasty head cold, achey body. GRRRR So no exercise for me past few days. I'll live vicariously through all of you!

I love the crockpot AK. It's like magic

Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ilovedogs--Hope you are feeling better soon.

Lymetoo--Hope you enjoyed your trip and glad you are home safe.

Ice storm did not materialize last night or this morning as predicted (Thanks, God). Just a foggy rainy day here.

Rode the exercise bike for a total for 30 minutes, but did half this morning and half after lunch.

Am enjoying my day off. Puttering with odd jobs and then reading.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Did my 3 DVD's and then went to 4 grocery stores with Mom.

Each store has different prices and produce, etc. So bought stuff for juicing. Gonna try beets with green tops, some kale, carrot and apple.

Mom is not excited at all.

TuTu-Glad you're home! We missed you!

Hiker-Josh walked 5 miles today! We went over to drop off some salad mixes and he was hobbling around like an old man! He way over did it! Glad we're sticking with a more reasonable timeframe.

Lovedogs-Hope you feel better! My soup was awesome and had plenty to share. It was great not to have to worry about cooking after yard work.

Kayak-You know, when I started my antihistamines I was tired for at least 2-3 weeks. BTW, I dread doing taxes this year. Hopefully by next year I can file single.

Well gang, see you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK.. please don't overdo the oxalates. It was part of my demise.

Info from someone who is messed up like me!!!:

"Oxalates disrupt the liver pathways that process histamine, salycilates, hormones, sulphur... I found very interesting that after a couple of days of lowering oxalates I was able to add more high salycilates, fructose, sulphur and histamine foods.

For some people they will create kidney stones, but Susan Owens, a researcher on Oxalates and founder of the Trying Low Oxalates group, has been studying it for over 17 years and she found out that these crystals just go everywhere.

Many of us have Urinary issues that improve with lowering oxalates, others it's joint pain and fibro. Please go to the group to learn more about it to see if this helps.

The group has their own updated list of foods they test every year as the ones you find on the web are not good at all!

Go there and ask for it. And very IMPORTANT: never lower oxalates more than 5 to 10% every week. This means that if you give 100 grams of buckwheat 3 times per week to your kid, you should lower it to 90 grams 3 times per week the next week and so on.

I lowered oxalates very fast and then the concentration of oxalates in the blood dropped a lot, so the body usually dumps the stored oxalates right away because it's a toxin and will deplete your body of essential vitamins and minerals to get rid of it.

Basically oxalates can't be processed by the body like salycilates, so they can harm the cells and the body just binds them with calcium and magnesium and metals. Let me know if you have any questions."

[ 01-17-2017, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--Thanks for the good information. How do I know if I have a problem with oxalates. Do I just try to slowly eliminate them to see (and kiss many favorite foods goodbye)?

Rode the exercise bike 16 minutes after work.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm really not sure, hiker. I'll see if I can find out.

I am on the Trying Low Oxalates group also .. best info out there.

I know I just began lowering my oxalate count and my joint pain got better. Probably lost quite a few symptoms I don't even remember. I know it was affecting my bladder.

Maybe it's affecting your ears, hiker. [Frown]

We try to keep our oxalate count around 60 mg a day.

Here is a list of oxalate counts... but I CANNOT verify its accuracy.

You can see that you can go over 60 very easily.

http://www.childrensdayton.org/cms/resource_library/nephrology_files/5f5dec8807c77c52/lithiasis__oxalate_and_diet.pdf

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That wouldn't open for me tutu. But I did join low ox group. But I haven't been able to find food lists

What are 5 most common high ox food?

So my last post was all whiney...poor me etc...knee surgery is 5 months away...blah blah blah...I got a call at 4 today and it is scheduled 3 weeks from Thursday

I honestly don't know how I will be ready now

I have 4 real important appts before then...3 over an hour away from home...one snow storm and I will be messed up

I hope I can do this. I spent an hour on phone moving things around. Tomorrow we wake up to 7 inches wet snow but then 40s for a week...I will still have to pay plow guy but not above lets

Maybe this will get me out of my funk

The allergys still seem to be getting bad fast but neighbor said there is a sneezing virus going around so maybe I have that and it will go away. Im going add elderberry.

Ok...I just found low ox list but I don't think I can do no eggs dairy and grains. I can limit grains to healthy ones a cup a day but less and I can't stand up

I wonder if I could use coconut milk in coffee and tea...

I could limit eggs too but I really need protein and they are so much
Cheaper than organic meat

Anyway. I hope I get over this sneezing snotty virus and stop falling asleep during the day

ILOVEDOGS...maybe we have the same virus...how long have you had it...are you starting to get better?

Also...what kind of dogs do you like the best? My fab is schnauzer....but don't tel my 5 yo Shmalzie....I invented the breed...she's half Shih Tzu 1/4 Maltese and 1/4 yorkie...I just put the Z in there cuz I think it sounds better

So...I have some busy days ahead. I work better under pressure but there's a limit to what I can do with so much of me broken

Did you go out for your birthday tutu? I'm glad your home safe. Driving in fog really wears me out

Its snowing now...on track for 7 inches. See you tomorrow

Hiker and a k you make me feel so lazy...actually all of you do...but we do what we can when we can right?

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Dairy, eggs and grains are OK in moderation. Eggs especially.

I don't see how you can do this surgery in the middle of winter .. but at least your son can take care of the snow and the house????

You have to ask on the low ox group for the list .. WARNING .. it's extremely difficult to handle. I basically fly by the seat of my pants with it.

Potatoes are trouble, sweet potatoes, spinach, beets, beet greens, kale, carrots are moderate. ...I'll have to check on others because I can't remember... almonds..

kayak.. maybe you are still eating foods high in histamine?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm back. Haven't done anything but catch up and read stuff

I'm pretty good about histamine foods I think. They are easy for me. He added a zyrtec every morning and cuz of reactions I usually take one at lunch too. I'm wondering if there is a filler or something in them

Also it seems I got worse right after the appt with allergist and office was full of sneezing snuggling people that I assumed had allergies but maybe it was this virus. That building is moldy too but I didn't sense it in his office.. But it was in hall

Anyway...nite...I'm thinking about shoveling patios once before bed tho

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Decided to switch up DVD's. So fifteen minutes of ab, then lower body and finally buns today. Then hit the gym and did 30 minutes on incline 2, 3.2 mph on treadmill. Did slow jog for 5 minutes then walked for 5 and repeated 2 times. Then did slow rowing for 10 minutes.

TuTu-Thanks for the info. Kale didn't work out so great, so sticking with beets and green tops, carrots and apple. Will have to see what I can juice next week. Bummer because me and Mom liked the juice.

Hiker-Way to go on the bike! Wonder how I'm going to do once I go back to work.

Kayak-I'm so happy I can work out now. Also my personal life is in an upheaval at the moment so working out extra hard to produce endorphins and combat stress. Seems to be working!

Anyways.....see you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

A k ... Yes. I figured out a long time ago if I get in bad depression the only way out is physical. I have been so bad I made myself walk 5 steps every 15 min. Then 10 and up til I could walk to end of drive etc. I can't do the walking now but I just sat on exercise bike and and pushed one pedal so I didn't use bad knee and my heart rate did go up a little and the quad started to burn so I guess its worth it

I did it about 20 min while watching news at noon. I had to go slow and rest some but still worth it to feel muscle working without hurting joint

I get discouraged and I try to make myself think about soldiers who come back from war with physical disabilities but they some how figure it out...some of them anyway

AND...I figured something else out myself. I forgot to put gabapentin in when I fixed pills this week. And its really bad to stop that cold turkey. Side effect from that is seizure so I'm lucky I just got sleepy and whiney

I'm so distractibke. And I taught distractibke kids all my life. I should be able to get it together

2 of my sons are talking to me about making a list and just doing what I can to. Move in the right direction. It's kinda cool to have them parent me...ha...not that cool. But I appreciate the support.

Then the youngest son sounded like he might be able to come take care of Etta but I feel bad cuz he's making more money now as a Handiman than I will be able to pay. He's willing...but it makes me feel bad. Last time he didn't have any jobs

I'm resting now. I made a list and a calendar on the computer and dealt with plow guy and then did dishes from yesterday and I'm exhausted

Mentally and physically. But now that my pills are fixed maybe I will get more energy. Just need to rest now

I hope I can come back like you guys...the carrot in front of me is riding and kayaking but Idk...I may not get back there

Being a more involved grandma may be more realistic. We re trying face time but she just acts really silly so far

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked outside almost 25 minutes today. In the upper 30's and the sun came out. Back to rain tomorrow.

Time to make dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. Glad you figured out the pills! Whew!! Maybe tomorrow you'll feel much better!

Had a PT appointment today and then went to exercise. I did 29 minutes on the machine (been away from it for 3 wks now!!) Also did 10 laps.

This afternoon I cooked a whole chicken and 3 chicken breasts in the Instant Pot. I then take the meat and put into baggies and freeze it.

I take out the meat for chicken salads as needed. Tastes really good! Wish I could eat more foods though.

I was happy to have survived the trip to Texas with all the scents and foods and stuff...whew... made it. Even got sick on New Year's. Still fighting that one. (Thankfully, my primary care doctor prescribed abx and an inhaler for me while we were in Texas.)

Will see my ENT tomorrow to discuss a few things. I'll keep you posted if I find out anything interesting.

Had church council meeting tonight.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Love reading everyone's posts!

Kayak-Way to go on working out today! Amen to those aching joints! I have PT tomorrow and hope I haven't locked up my SI or neck joints from increasing my exercises. My SI is bothering me so am keeping my fingers crossed.

BTW, I think you're doing great! We all have to slow down and make adjustments. I liked how you compared life to war. We are definitely a bunch of survivors here on Lymenet!

Hiker-Yay on the 25! It's in the 70's here and I try not to think about it. Makes me worry about the summer.

OK, exercise for today was my 3 DVD's and Zumba. I'm very slowly learning the dance steps but still suffer from 2 left feet syndrome. Getting better though! [Big Grin]

You guys are awesome! See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I zipped to the grocery store that had some organic meat on sale.

Biked 12 minutes on the old exercise bike. My plan to get up in the morning and do half of the minutes is going by the wayside. Hard to drag myself out of bed early when it is so dark, still.

Wish I had the legs and balance for Zumba. It looks so fun.

lp--I think you will be glad to get the surgery over with as soon as possible even though you have a lot to do beforehand.

Tutu--29 minutes after not going for 3 weeks!!! [bow] [woohoo]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu.. So the instapot is like a pressure cooker but easier?safer? And because stuff is cooked quickly there is less histamine?

Sooooo. No exercise bike for me today butafter I dropped Etta at day care I came back home and cleaned for 6 hours. Vacumed mopped dusted and moved furniture...in 5 small rooms. I couldn't use wheelchair in those rooms...and knee and back hurt a lot but I pushed thru. I still need to dust the exercise room and scrub tub toilet and sink.

Then office and open concept area of living and dining area and kitchen

I have next 3 days and 2 days next week with no appts so hope I can finish

That doesn't include taxes...if I can't get out of chair tomorrow...maybe I 'll make a dent in taxes

I put the new chair that I am reacting to in my fav room...the exercise room. It was in office for a month and didn't off gas much but I need to spend some time organizing office so I had to move it out

I have it covered with 3 thick cotton quilts. Some ppl say that will help

I plan to ozone and heat and blow air out the windows for 9 months...that's how long it took with carpet. Same room.

I am nervous that when I washed the quilt that had been covering it In office I think whatever mold or chemical or toxin that I react to is now stuck. In washer...

I just put on sox and night down that were washed after the quilt and I'm reacting...

The people on mold groups call this he'll toxin. No one really know what it is. Some think fire retardant. Some say it is something put on stuff to stop it from molding when being shipped or stored

This hasn't happened to me yet but I have heard about it. I thought even if I couldn't use chair if I put in that room that has a tv it would be more private for my son if he comes to help with surgery

I hope I didn't make a mistake. I hope I don't have to give this new chair away too

Soooo. Hopefully I can walk enough to finish office tomorrow....I will be able to use wheelchair in the rest of the house

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I would wash something in it that doesn't matter .. like rugs or something...and use about a cup of vinegar and some baking soda. Maybe that will help.

Yes, the Instant Pot is safer and pretty easy to use. It's BIG though. Not too hard to handle, but takes up more room .. that I don't have!!

It has an inner stainless steel pot that you can remove to wash.

Yes, it creates less histamine when cooking. My goal was to make more bone broth and maybe heal my gut. I've been using it to cook chickens. I buy Springer Mountain Farms chicken. Very clean.

[ 01-19-2017, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

PS .. I went to my ENT hoping he knew more about salicylate sensitivity since he told me last year that he had many patients with Samter's Triad.

He agreed that I probably have it. I hope he noted it on my chart. I am worried about ending up in a hospital for something and they aren't understanding the salicylate issue.

Anyway, he told me I know more about the sals issue than he does. He did not know that FOODS were an issue. SIGH. This is a REALLY good doctor .. the one who did my sinus surgery.

American doctors are way behind the Australians on this one.

Anyway, I got home in time to go to PT, then ate and went to exercise. I really shouldn't have gone because I was EXHAUSTED. My heart rate was over 100 again, but with a low BP I can't do anything about it.

So I went home and took a nap. Still feel exhausted. Hope I can sleep tonight.

I did 30 minutes on the machine and 10 laps.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-PT went great! I graduated and no longer have to go. Yay! My therapist said I was on the right road with all the exercise but to be careful if something hurts my SI joints. He said I looked like I lost at least 5 pounds.

I gotta share this with you guys......he said I was STRONG! Me! Mentioned I could do 4 flights of stairs with no problem. Best compliment in a long, long time.

So afterwards came home and did my ab DVD and a new bun DVD. The new one was very hard! Didn't do arms today. Trying to alternate between arms and buns. Abs I do every day since it has 3 different workouts, one each for lower, upper and sides.

Then off to the gym but made the mistake of not eating lunch beforehand so the treadmill was hard today. So elevated it to 2.0 and walked for 30 minutes at 3.2 mph. No jogging today.

TuTu-How in the world did I miss your post yesterday? Don't know how you can do 29 minutes after not working out for 3 weeks. You must be in great shape!

I'm going to check out the Instant Pot that you mentioned. I'm still juicing trying to get some nutrients. It's a never ending battle.

Hiker-I enjoy Zumba so much! Mine must be the easier version because of the age group of the participants. Balance isn't an issue but rhythm is for me. I hold onto my dresser when I do my DVDs because my balance is so bad. I never had to do that before!

Kayak-That 6 hour stint of housework is like being at the gym! That's a ton of work in one day! I need to do the same but am reading materials in regards to my divorce and trying to gather tax stuff. Divorce from a government employee is so complicated! I'd rather be doing ANYTHING other than preparing for that.

Well gang, see you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm awake but haven't made it out of bed yet. I fell asleep in old chair but had to cover it with a sheet cuz I sat in it after moving bad chair and transferred bad toxin to it...I felt better after changing clirges and taking long shower but the I realized Etta was contaminated and had to give her bath in muddle of day. Exhausting

Tutu I always use borax vinegar scentfree detergent and Downey free and clear in laundry. In the past that has worked. I planned to do what you said with one small item and lots of the products. I hope I can save the machine

I'm so pissed and sad and exhausted to be dealing with this again.

I do kinda like the way I changed furniture in bedroom. I have to drill a hole thru wall to get cable wires over here to put tv in this room. This has been a low emf room for a long time but now the adjustable bed is the only place I can get away from pain besides old recliner that could break any time. So I need to set it up this way. I've been watching movies on my phone...not really relaxing

Still...I am so in awe of all the exercise all of you do. I have to get up...I dread it...often when I get up from sitting or lying I can barely walk. I can't lift feet. I have to skate for awhile...then after some moving and ibu and supps I gradually can walk better. On top of everything my old neck pain is back really bad....ohhhhhh. One of those just kill me now moments
Hiker...I do agree with you that a quicker knee surgery will be better...just have to stay strong getting to d day

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Happy Friday-Woke up around 6 so went ahead and did my 3 DVD's. Zumba instructor was absent today so did some inner thigh and lat work using weight machines. Then did 30 minutes on treadmill at incline 2.0 at the usual 3.2 mph. Jogged 5 then walked 5 three times for a total of 30 minutes. Also did a 2 minute warm up and cool down.

Supposed to meet an old high school acquaintance tonight at a local pub. Taking dye free liquid benydryl in the hopes of staving off ill effects from smoke and alcohol.

Speaking of ill effects, my face is breaking out a bit in a red rash. Hope it's not from juicing cause me and mom had another dose of beets/carrot and apple juice today. We'll see......

Kayak-How's your shoulder? Mine hurts as usual. Also my Mom hurt her shoulder so I made her an appointment for next Tuesday to see an ortho doc. She told me no surgery. Hope they can help her via PT.

Anyways gang, I'll see you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Juicing removes the roughage and your mom may need that at her age.

Went to energy healer. Asked her about low oxalate diet. She said lowering it a tiny bit might help, but not to lower it much.

My knee and back have been bothering me. She said it was the chondromalacia in my knee that was then affecting the back and to wear my knee brace when I bike or take walks. Now, to see if it will fit under my jeans or sweats.

May have to give up my usual chair that I sit and read and watch T.V. for a different one for awhile. Not much support in my favorite chair.

Off to eat dinner and read.

I did live stream the inauguration and my students enjoyed watching it--both the Trump fans and the nonTrump fans.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Juicing ... [Frown]

Just my humble opinion.

hiker .. yes, if you reduce them, it has to be done slowly.

Hope your pain lets up soon. My chair also gives me trouble. I found that out when we got back home and I sat most of the day. OUCH.

kayak .. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. It's awful to be in pain!

Hubby's birthday was today, so we ate out. We were too tired on my birthday (Monday) to go anywhere, so it was double-duty today.

I think birthdays are good for the soul!

hiker.. Glad your kids enjoyed watching the inauguration. I think everyone should watch them.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oxalates in the eyes .. article

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1214937/pdf/brjopthal00270-0065.pdf

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Happy Birthday to both you and your husband.

My energy healer actually said she although she sensed I needed to reduce oxalates just a tiny bit, that it might not be worth it, since it would take the enjoyment out of cooking and eating and the health benefits for me would be miniscule.

So, I will start small--like not eating potato chips or olives. And cutting down on my pecan butter.

Weird that orange juice is okay on the diet, but oranges are not. I don't drink juice, but I eat oranges.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

A k I can find positions where shoulder doesn't hurt but I can't use that arm unless it is in the down position. I can't sleep on my side like I used to. I have to be in sitting position with arm propped

Again...so hard to believe how much you guys do day after day. I can't even do all the math that a k does to report what she did...I could never remember it either

I had a slow start. Made some important phone connections...Handiman...corrected kids names on life ins policy...and fixed some appts. I have to go to hosp last surgery was in to get report for new anesthesiologists to see. Its hard to find a day that isn't icey before the day I have to take it to next hospital

Finally I got moving on house...I did clean and move furniture in half living room but there is a ton of clutter left over and I'm too tired to deal with it tonight

I'm very tired and my brain won't work. I'm glad I accomplished something today

It will end up a great day if I don't lose power

I think jam is having a bad storm

Tutu...I'm really glad you had a nice dinner with your hubs...two sagitarias es huh?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to hear from you, kayak .. Thanks on the birthday greetings. We are both Capricorns, though hubby is on the Aquarius line too.

Hiker .. good to reduce SOME things.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Sunny and 60 here today but as usual the wind doth blow mightily.

Walked 23 minutes. My goal for January is to exercise 2 hours a week and so far so good. I am trying be realistic.

I may have trouble with exercise bike now that my knee and back are acting up and there are not very many winter days that I have been able to get out and walk, so praying for more sunshine.

Off to read the paper and relax a bit. I did my usual Saturday grocery run and also went to the library. I had 4 books on hold and they all came in at once. I had better start reading!

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ahhh...Jesus was a capricorn!

What have YOU been reading lately hiker.....do th blow mightily....

I feel like I'm reading Shakespeare

So...strange night...started out itchy so took more antuhistamines than normal on top of pain stuff and had very weird dreams...but dreams are better than no dreams

I psyched myself out to clean rest of living room and dining room and then started cooking g f breads and muffins

I don't know how many I made yet and I want to make one more double batch before I clean everything up

I took one rest to watch s cute Amazon movie and then took Etta out to push ice out of drive so I can get trash out this week

Its 50 but freezes every night so best to get rid of it. I started out standing but as the sun went down black ice started to firm so I finished in wc

It was hard to get back to house...very slight bill so water drains to street...but hard to get up when it freezes

Last night I did many small loadsof clothes that got itchy and I hung them around house to dry...I used a lot of vinegar and borax and used up Downey and detergent so I will have to go to big store tomorrow

I haven't tried any of the clothes on yet. I hope my washers ok

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Slept in and just vegging today. No one showed up last night so I was a little depressed. Ended up taking myself out for a chicken salad and did a little shopping.

Had to shower as soon as I got home because of the smoke and my face was a little puffy today.

One load of laundry and no exercise for today.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. I can't imagine enduring smoke all night. A few puffs and I'm done. I hope you had a great time though!!

kayak .. NO DOWNY!!!! NO ... Use unscented everything and no fabric softener. Vinegar will soften if that is what you need.

I use Soap Nuts for washing and they soften the clothes too. We have VERY hard water here.

PS.. That was funny about Jesus! HA!

We went to choir this morning and it was good to see everyone again. We had cake to celebrate our birthdays .. we enjoyed the fellowship more than the cake!

Took a nap again ..

It's stormy right now. I was supposed to have made an angel for someone but I just couldn't get my lazy body to do it. I have to make them outside and now the weather will be bad for two days. Sigh.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement