LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Moose with lyme and worms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moose with lyme and worms
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.outdoorcanada.ca/the-yuck-factor-big-game

It's not only us, that have so many infectious and neuro diseases!

amazing description of parasites, borrelia, neuro symptoms, liver damage in moose.

It looks like there is more consensus with ticks causing mooose disease than with humans!

------------------------

If you haven't seen this National Geographic video of ghost moose, here it goes again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsd2i-qFHK4

They say death comes from blood sucking. Might be partly, but when you read the article above, you wonder...

I have seen my tom coming with hundreds of ticks once. I pulled them off when they were just nymphs.

I guess they could have killed my tomcat, if I hadn't. And that was not in Canada, but central Europe (Switzerland!)

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can they find anaplasma in ALL moose in Sweden (sort of rickettsiosis), while they say all tick co-infectioins are so rare in Europe?

http://pub.epsilon.slu.se/11098/1/malmsten_j_140401.pdf

Read just a paragraph in page 45 and 23.

Page 45 says Anaplasma was found in every single moose they analyzed.

In 263 moose analysed, no matter which region they came in Sweden, 100% had anaplasma antibodies, including all 81 calves!!!

It means that 100% of Sweden moose have been infected by Rickettsia!!??

Page 55 show they also ran PCR exams for anaplasma.
-----------------

Page 60 speaks of Borrelia found in moose, as well as many other pathogens (such as FSME causing encephalitis in humans, but again, in Swedish moose!)

How can they find easily all these pathogens in moose, but not in humans??

It really shows that we should trust our vets, not our doctors!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been saying this for years. Ppl don't believe me

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

The vets will believe you!

When I talked to a vet during lyme, she asked me, why the hell doctors don't help you?!

Vets look at the animals, their fur, their stools, urine, their blood, their behavior, their teeth, their eyes and see how they are doing.

how can these Swedish vet researchers find all these pathogens in moose while our doctors have even difficulty finding borrelia or bigger pathogens, like babesia, in us??

REally, if you have a vet friend, go see him. He will probably get you better tests and treatments.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's rather pathetic.

Vets are working on animals, they don't have to worry about being sued for not following idsa guidelines (here), but really they find the parasites because they keep looking knowing the animal is still sick. Our vet found weird stuff in our pet too.

MDs get nervous about getting sued or even worse losing their licensees, so they follow what they were trained and question the patient's mind instead of listening. Only the brave move forward. The rest of them are not only blocked, they're stuck.

Somewhere along the way when the switch to evidence based medicine became the gold standard for healthcare conventional medicine fell apart. It hugely failed people with chronic issues. Mostly when these doctors contract lyme themselves do they learn just how real it is and become lyme practitioners.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

You're probably right, Catgirl.

It's just fear of being suited or losing licenses.

The patients? Why worry about them?

It's just my job, my monthly income that matters.

It must be hard for doctors who are really wanting to help, who have real medicine in their veins and hearts.

It is quite discouraging to do medicine today, I find.

A profession that serves for nothing, only see the end-of-month income as aim of a lifetime.

So many years of study for a BIG NOTHING in the end.

-----------------------------------
Evidence based medicine is NOT what most doctors are doing.

What is more evidence than seeing all these parasites / pathogens inside animals?!

Vets are doing evidence-based- medicine.

Our doctors are doing monthly-income-keep-my-license based medicine. [Roll Eyes]

dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FK the Hippocratic Oath. Doesn't mean **** anymore.
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement