LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I'D LIKE TO KNOW YOUR COLOR?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'D LIKE TO KNOW YOUR COLOR?
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for FUN!

Color psychology, the effect of colors
Do you know that colors can influence people’s moods?

Do you know that wearing different colors can help you leave different impressions?
Do you know that the choice of the colors you wear can show different things about your personalty?

Colors are not only used for decoration or for improving the appearance but they can be used to determine personality traits of people, to affect their mood and to even control their behaviour!

List of colors and their psychological effect Below is a list of common colors and their psychological effects:

Psychology of Black:
According to Color psychology, black reflects authority and power but it could also represent an evil notion for some people. In my book How to make someone fall in love with you I explained how wearing black clothes can attract those who love to be with an authoritative person.

By wearing black often in the presence of those people they may start to admire you. Black could make you appear thinner and that’s why it's a good choice if you think that you are overweight. Black can also indicate that you are independent.

On the other hand some people wear black in order to give others the impression that they are strong and capable. Men for example who want to stick to masculine values and show that they are manly enough might try to avoid bright colors and go for dark colors such as black.

Black can also make a person seem more mysterious especially if the person was wearing a hoodie.

Psychology of Red:
Red is a captivating color that reflects energy, power and strength. Red is a very eye catching color and this makes it useful in case you want to draw some attention to yourself. The Red color results in fast heartbeat and breathing rate as it stimulates the nervous system thus overusing it might result in irritation.

According to one study when a MMA player wore red his chance of winning became higher as the other player saw him as a threat. Red is a color that that is associated with danger in our subconscious mind. And while it can make people seem attractive still it can make a person seem dangerous.

Psychology of Blue:
staying in a blue room can make you feel calmer and more relaxed, however, blue could also be depressing if it was over used. When you wear blue you leave an impression that you are loyal and trust worthy.

It's recommended that you wear blue in job interviews because the interviewer will unconsciously trust you more provided that all other factors are constant.
In case you were about to do a business deal then go for blue because it will make you seem more trust worthy.

Psychology of White:
White reflects innocence and purity. It's the color used for the dresses of brides to give the impression of purity.

White is usually associated with good while black is usually associated with evil in our minds. However dark isn't always a bad thing. The reason many women love dark men is that they want to be with men who seem dangerous and strong.

Psychology of Green:
Green is known as a relaxing color. Green can make you more relaxed and can help make vision more clear. That’s one of the reasons why factory walls are painted in green.

Staying in a green room or browsing a green website can be more unwinding and relaxing for people.
Green is also a color connected to nature. This is why seeing the green color makes people feel better as they feel more connected to nature.

Psychology of Yellow:
Yellow is an irritating color. Making use of it's agitating effect some takeaway restaurants paint its walls in yellow in order not to let customers stay for long periods of time (see restaurant's color psychology). Just like red, yellow can catch attention, increase the heart rates and enhance metabolism. Most of those who wear yellow are optimists.

Psychology of Purple:
Purple is a mixture of red and blue. Purple combines both the power of red and the calmness tranquil effect of blue. Purple clothes could reflect elegance, wealth and authority.

Psychology of Pink:
Pink reflects innocence and kindness. When you want to ask for help head for someone who is wearing pink or white.

Some men might hate to wear pink if they believed that those pink clothes will make them seem less manly. This is why it's said that the man who wears pink usually has a good level of confidence in his manhood

-

Tell us your color?
Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Ever-changing, I am. Not that I cannot decide but simply want to sample / experience them all.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I disagree with their thinking that "Yellow is an irritating color" . . .

they mention nothing about all shades, variations of hue. Yellow can be a wonderfully cheerful tone, indeed.

So much depends on the mixing of the colors to achieve a nice hue. And so much depends on placement and lighting when in textiles and décor.

and if they think that "Green is known as a relaxing color. Green can make you more relaxed and can help make vision more clear"

they've never seen a pea green color in a house that just did not make the grade. Greens are very hard to get right. Some shades of green can make you just throw up.

Green looks best in my billfold, though.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You've got me wanting to hunt down a bunch of paint and play with it now. Better yet, how nice it would be to take a swim in a pool of blues.
-

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY, WHY, WHY do you do so many things to make me laugh?

Love it!

You can usually tell how I am feeling by the colors I am wearing.

The brighter and more crazy, the worse I feel. I do that to try to lift my spirits even though I feel like garbage. It usually works- at least some what.

I like neon orange so if I get lost in the woods or swept away by a raging river someone can find me. And yes, my life is such that those scenarios are very possible.

I often wear red in case I go to the city, so I don't get lost and if needed can find myself later.

Sometimes I wear yellow and white if I want to skip thru life that day like a cheerful, goofy nut case.

Rarely blue or green.

Now analyze that!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Keebler, looks like your enjoying the blue water! I'll be back later, I have to analyze TC's colors, she may need some serious help!

-

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
How did you find my photo? Thanks for providing a refreshing splash. How I wish . . . .
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never can decide my favorite color. I love blue and I love yellow .. but I rarely EVER wear yellow or decorate with it. (I used to.)

I tend to buy clothes that are blue or gray. I have a positive outlook, but love gray clothes. Go figure!

I also like red, but rarely wear red. It's actually hard to find a good red.

Oh wait... I LOVE PINK! See, I can't decide!! And I DO WEAR pink.

I hate purple.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The majority of my closet is blue (not navy or dark) and purple.

But I agree with Keebler. Yellow is a happy color to me...but it has to be the right shade..

I need to take TC's approach. Usually the worse I feel, the more the yoga pants and hoodies come out...

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear a lot of black, but I teach at school whose colors are black and orange.

I wear orange t-shirts, too, in support of the blue and orange of the Fighting Illini.

I love red, blue, and yellow, as well. This year I have been wearing a lot of pink. Go figure.

I love fun socks and they always match my shirts.

I drive a bright blue car!

Analyze that. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hiker53:
[QB]

Analyze that. [Big Grin]

-

Too hard!! [Big Grin]

I saw something the other day about the crazier the socks, the higher the intelligence. If anyone gives you grief, feel free to use this!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Great colorful and fun whimsical sock designs here:

https://www.sockittome.com/new-socks.html

SOCK IT TO ME
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juiCRd5XllA

True Colors, Cyndi Lauper

3:02 Video . . . Excelente Version
-

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear mostly blues.

my bedroom is shades of blue, peach, and cream. touch of green, jus a little.

I can't stand orange, brown, or turquoise. don't know why...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest Steve,

Thought of you all day and said a few choice things about you too. Did your ears burn?

[lol]

Planning to go to a concert and decided if I can get the ticket, they sell out really fast, then I'd get a new shirt to wear, it's a tradition. And it is better than dressing up like a salt shaker, a volcano or a shark again.

You had to be there....

Anyhow, I must have looked at 500 shirts online to find the perfect one. My shopping cart is full now because I couldn't decide on what COLOR to get!

The ENTIRE time I am thinking about your color analysis thing and wondering if THIS shirt is the "right" color for me.

It wasn't till I quit out of exhaustion (very boring trying to buy clothes) that I realized most people there will be drunk, stoned, etc. and it will be very dark, not to mention very LOUD.

And I sincerely doubt anyone there will care one toot about what color my shirt is.

So I figured it won't really matter what I wear, or if I wear anything at all really, and it certainly isn't important what color I should get!

So get out of my head Mister! Take your colors and fly, fly away!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colors are also medicinal - I learned that from my experience with the lumatron machine created by Dr Downing - which google for if you wish.

It flashed a light color at x times per second and he tested us to see what colors we liked the best, then set us up for sessions with that color light flashing inside a dark box around our head while we listened to some relaxing music.

I liked violet and blue, so I was set up to watch violet light flashing at 6 times a second for 20 minutes.

When I left their office and walked across the field area to get to the highway, I realized I could smell the vegetation in the field. I hadn't had a sense of smell in a long time.

I continued to watch violet light flash for the rest of the week's visits, then watched blue light flashing for the next three weeks.

So violet light restored my sense of smell for 18 months and then I lost it again, but didn't have any contact with the machine anymore.

Interesting thing is, I already knew that violet and blue were my favorite colors.

Soooo, our favorite colors might mean that we're physiologically responding favorably to them in our brains!

[ 02-18-2017, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's really cool, Robin!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched a lecture by him just now - it's really fascinating, about our brain and response to light - I saw him 30 years ago when he had dark brown hair!

http://www.sonomacountysoa.org/john-downing-od-phd-how-light-therapy-improves-the-brain/

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glasses with colors at amazon
Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement