LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? April 16

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? April 16
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang!! Happy Resurrection Day!! Hope you are having a peaceful day.

Ours began on a high note .. The tires were still full of air!! WOOOTT!!!

We think the guys at the oil change place didn't replace the caps on the tires correctly and the sensor allowed more air to leak out?

I'm not sure how they work, but there are sensors on the tires and they evidently messed things up. Hubby had gotten the oil changed and then stopped by the sandwich shop to eat before coming home.

We can't believe he even made it home without the tires going flat .. but I guess it was slow.

Church was awesome. It rained the whole morning, so it was nice and peaceful. We needed the cleansing rain!

We handed out the special crosses to the kids and they got Easter eggs too.

All in all, a beautiful day.

Tell us about your day!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Easter! Sadly I skipped church as our interim pastor likes to use incense on Easter.

We had our cleansing rain last night and it is cloudy but nice. I went for a 30 minute walk with my trekking poles.

Am relaxing this afternoon after doing a few loads of laundry.

Tutu--glad the air in the tires held. Bizarre.

Back to work tomorrow. Six more weeks and school will be out.

Have a wonderful week! [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hiker53:
Happy Easter! Sadly I skipped church as our interim pastor likes to use incense on Easter.

-
[Frown] [Frown] [rant]

When you get a new pastor, tell them no way! That's awful.

Sorry you missed church .. I missed Easter Sunday a few years ago and that really upset me! I was about to go anyway, then realized it wasn't happening! [Big Grin]

Here's hoping that you have a great week. I will keep your parents in my prayers.

I hope AK and Kayak are OK today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm good and a k sent me a happy Easter so I guess she's ok. Etta and I went to the closest main beach...it was 84...that is really crazy for around here in April. So we headed north staying as close to ocean as possible but in maine its hard

We ended up at Pelham beach...at the end of a peninsula. I surfed there once when I was 16. Long story involving a whole male surf club except me...losing my board and swimming half a mile in. And waking up on a blanket with a sea gull

It was 57 there and nice to not need a.c. but very limited parking and no parking where dogs are allowed so we didn't stay long. On the way back we stopped at fab beach again because I had promised Etta a second walk. It was 86 at 630 so I bet it hit 90

Now we're home. I have to unload car and get to bed. See primary at 845 in the morning to figure out why gi stuff keeps coming back

I'm sorry about church hiker. And you don't have mast cell yet right? But I had to stop church yrs ago even tho I keep thinking I can get back. Maybe if I get dx with mcad like tutu and can get some of better meds...but then I wonder will I still be poisoning myself? We know pain is the bodies way of saying this isn't good for you. Maybe that's what the reactions are...just a warning to stay away. Up here almost all churches are very old historical buildings but not kept mold free. Then there's candles and perfume. Oh well. We had a really nice day in fresh air....its ok. Many more so much more worse off than me

Hope a k stops by. Night.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ps...not Pelham beach grrrr. Popham beach

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Easter Sunday-Didn't make it to the Civic Center Easter service. Friend I was supposed to go with never called me so it all worked out for the best.

Went to bed at 5 a.m. and woke up at 10 to start prepping the prime rib. Also made apple pear crisp, baked potatoes and Mom made green beans. Oh and I also did the usual au jus and horseradish cream.

So cooking and cleaning were my exercises for the day.

TuTu-Had my own little kitchen service this morning cooking and sang He is Lord.

Hiker-LOL! You and Josh both are counting down the days. He was telling me today that summer break is getting closer and closer. Such a stressful and underappreciated job.

Kayak-You and Etta went to the beach today? That sounds perfect. When I go to the beach and look out at the ocean it changes my perspective on my life and troubles. They always seem smaller.

Well off to bed. Have to get up at 6 to take my Mom's car into the dealership for a recall issue.

Night gang!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The beach does sound wonderful.

I had teacher meetings today.

Weeded some of my perennial beds after work. I swear there were no weeds there on Friday, but with all the rain they just pop up. Also used the grass trimmer before Alex came to mow.

A garter snake introduced herself to me while I was weeding and then slithered under the front porch through a tiny gap in the cement. I suspect there is a whole nest there.

That is fine as long as they don't figure out how to turn the doorknob on the front door! They can eat any mice that are around.

[ 04-17-2017, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Ugh! Another 3 hours worth of sleep last night. Got home a little after 9:00 this morning and did my 2 dvds. Then errands with Mom.

Had to meet soon to be ex to pick up health insurance stuff and do an online AL tax refund questionnaire.

It did not to well.....

Well, another early day tomorrow with new lawn guy.

My heart rate is upland hoping I can relax.

Hiker-The thought of a snake nest is horrible! We had rattlers and garden snakes where I used to live. Don't miss them at all!

Hope we all have a good week.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. at least it was only a garter snake! Hope all is OK there.

AK .. So sorry to hear that the meeting with your ex did not go well. Here's hoping and praying that you are able to relax and get some good rest tonight.

I went out late morning and bought plants. I had planned to buy only 2 small plants. OOPS. I bought one small one and 3 that will be much larger.

I could not resist a beautiful coleus. After my experience with one last year that got HUGE, I knew I should buy only ONE.

However, I do NOT have a copper plant this year, so I should have room for two coleus plants, right?? [Big Grin]

I bought two plants I've never had before. One is a type of daisy (looking) plant and one is a beautiful purple bloom. I'll look tomorrow for the names of those.

I have mostly greenery on my front porch, but I do have some yellow pansies and will have some purple petunias once they start blooming.

I was very encouraged that I was able to do more today and not tire out. This past week it was in the 80's and it REALLY sapped my energy.

I'm worried about being able to tolerate the heat this summer. My MCAS is not as happy as it was last year. I now get overheated just walking from a store to my car.

I'm off for acupuncture tomorrow. Sure wish I could afford to see this doctor once a week for the rest of my life! He's awesome. Once I get my shoulder fixed, I will only see him once a month. It's pretty pricey at $52 a pop. MAYBE my insurance will pay part of it. I hope so.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Hope acupuncture keeps helping.

You can never have too many plants or flowers. They clean the air and uplift your spirits.

Ak--praying rest of divorce goes smoothly.

Saw chiropractor after work. Then walked over 20 minutes.

My dad doesn't have his hernia surgery until May and I think my brother will be there.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, hiker .. me too!!

These are the names of my new plants:

1. Sentimental Blue Balloon Flower

http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/2752/sentimental-blue-balloon-flower/

2. Blackfoot Daisy

http://www.nativesoftexas.com/bfdaisy.html

Well, wouldn't you know it!? It's from Texas.... my favorite part of Texas, too!

[ 04-20-2017, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

The blue flowers look gorgeous. I have so many daisies outside in my perennial garden that they have escaped and are growing in the lawn. I will just leave them there.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Decided to change up my exercise routine. Did my 2 DVDs then tried some cross training at the gym. 10 minutes each on the rower, treadmill and elliptical stair climber. Worked out a little harder today.

I'm hoping tomorrow I can try my Zumba class again.

TuTu-I've got to get with the program! Still haven't bought herbs or flowers this year for the planters. I checked out those links that you thoughtfully provided and couldn't help but smile looking at all the pretty flowers. Maybe tomorrow me and Mom can go and get some potting soil and plants.

Oh, almost forgot.....finally had a chance to listen to your hubkins CD and loved it! I gave the extra one to Mom because she liked it too! Thank you!

Hiker-Amen to plants making you happy! I used to take care of the plants at the dealership and enjoyed tending them. The showroom was sterile and white and the plants simple beauty always looked better than anything in my field of vision.

BTW gang, where's Kayak? Hope she's OK.

Oh...also the new yard guy is awesome! Does a better job than me.....made me jealous!

Night!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--Where are you? We miss you here.

Ever since my chiro appointment yesterday I feel toxic. Sometimes those manipulation release toxins. Ugh.

Did struggle with my trekking poles to get a 26 minute walk in. Need to start doing some weights for my arms.

AK--glad you like the new yard guy. I really like the young man who mows for me. He is pretty cheap, too, although when you add up 6 months of mowing once per week, the total amount blows my mind.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I guess I've been busier than I realized. I'm also still fighting virus with go issues and 99.4 fever at checkup Monday...that's really high for me. I didn't feel feverish when it was that high but lots of other times I do and I wonder how high it is then!?!

So I sold some things in this time ... 2 big ones for the price I was asking

And I've been trying to clean up the 2 really old recliners I bought. So far they are not making me react but the do smell

I did baking soda to one and it seemed to help a lot but its not perfect

The housekeeper lady and carpenter keep changing their days and it gets me all goofed up
I really hate not having a place I can sit and be comfortable

Oh...the doc ordered a bunch of tests...one to rule out c diff. I've never had that but my son hasvmmb

I read everything you wrote but probably won't remember it. I do remember the snake tho cuz I had a baby garter snake too. There leaves next to foundation in carport and he was going back and forth...I used the broom to suggest he leave the carport and go to back yard. I also don't want him to find his way in

I'm glad for the new yard guy...but a k I think you might push yourself too hard like tutu thinks I do...you sometimes are so sick...even in hosp but the next thing I know you're doing really a rd stuff! And I'm sorry the divorce stuff isn't settled. It just keeps dragging on it seems. That happened to me too. But it pissed of2f both me and my ex cuz we weren't fighting over anything. We totally agreed from the beginning. So we ended up firing the lawyers

Tutu blue flowers have always been my favorites and I've had some like that but perennial...but I lost them along the way

So I'm not ready for carpenter tomorrow at all. He's not coming til 11 so I should be able to get some sleep and get ready in the morning. I have to clean out the shed a little while he's here and pay some bills...take care

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP, I sure hope they figure out this virus, or whatever it is! I hope you ordered some Florastor, just in case.

I agree, LP .. you and AK really do push too hard, it seems. Maybe I'm just jealous? I am like a couch potato compared to you two!!

I had to stop planting plants after over-doing it on Monday. My back was really killing me. It's better today .. so I'm hoping I can finish planting tomorrow.

The blue plant is a perennial .. but who knows if it will actually survive the winter in a flower pot on a north-facing balcony!

By the way, when hiker said there are never too many plants, I decided to measure my balcony. It is about 9 X 11 ft .. I have about 12 on the balcony now, with more to come. I only have room for about 6 plants on my front porch.

Hiker .. I hope you feel better tomorrow!!

I went to Bible study today. I was on the wrong lesson. That's what happens when you miss a week! I swear I cannot get on the right page with this series. For one thing, there are no markers where one chapter ends and one begins. I'm going to tag each lesson with a sticky note. Sheesh

OH .. Also had church council this evening. We got finished in about an hour and 15 minutes. That's pretty good for us!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-2 DVDs and Zumba class! Yay! Had to sit down for a spell but did OK!

Me and Mom picked up basil, parsley, creeping jenny, chrysanthemums, dianthus and chives. Hopefully they'll do well mixed together.

Sorry gang....have to crash. Later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--What are you studying with your Bible group?

LP--Seems like you are still doing a lot even though you don't feel well. Hope the chairs work out for you.

Ak--Glad you could do Zumba. Don't overdo, but I bet it helps your stress level.

Really toxic today. I always feel that way when I start to get a cold and then my body kills the germs quickly. I think I would rather have the cold.

Anyway, my walking was at the grocery store where I buy my organic meat. Great sale and I had coupons. Tomorrow I will hit the other grocery store near my home.

Off to watch my Christian TV program I record 3 days a week and then rustle up some dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It's a study on women of the Bible. It was written by a local pastor's wife. I did a Bible study with her two years ago. She has written several studies. That's one reason I was having trouble with the chapters. It's in a notebook.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-2 DVDs but didn't go to the gym. Potted my herbs and flowers today. Have 4 smaller pots left so will see if I can find something cheap and on the small size.

My attorney's assistant called me yesterday in regards to a problem with my divorce. Have an appointment Monday. Sure hope things will work out.

Hiker-Good to hear about your exercise. Be careful with the arm workout. I wish I could find something to do for my flabby arms but am not able to lift weights with my left arm. My lat muscle is finally healed on that side but sure don't know how to tone up. Oh, and you're right about me being stressed out.

Kayak-I sure hope you get to feeling better! Not fun being sick and recovering from surgery.

Having problems with my divorce in regards to alimony. Was trying to maintain my health insurance but doesn't look likely.

You're so right about me overdoing things. I wasn't like that when I was younger but noticed it after my first divorce and subsequent weight gain. I do feel better when I'm busy so I feel a sense of accomplishment and also helps me to stay out of my head.

TuTu-After reading your post about the flowers was revved up today to get out their and work in the dirt. Planted parsley or basil, chrysanthemum and dianthus diagonally in each rectangular pot. Weeping Jenny was solo and so were the chives. Might pick up some coleus too. When I was looking for plants yesterday I remembered you mentioned them.

Well.....hoping to make Zumba tomorrow. Trying hard to pick up my stomped on self esteem via my usual self help routine.

Wish me luck!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. That is frightening about your lack of insurance. I hope something can be worked out. [Frown]
Good job on the Zumba!!

I went to PT today and picked up a few things at Wal Mart. I had lunch by myself since hubby had two shows today.

I came home and planted the last 3 plants. I have 16 plants on the balcony and I believe there's 8 on the front porch. A few too many when it comes time to water them all!

I bought some new brightly colored flower pots, so it should be really pretty when everything gets going.

My Spurs are losing tonight. They won the first two by a large margin. Right now they are trying to make a comeback. They were behind by about 20 at one point. We'll see. It's a 7 game series, so I'm not worried yet!!

It's storming the next two days. Had rain earlier today and now it's lightning and about to rain. We're expected to get 3-5 inches of rain Friday and Saturday.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

This is an exercise thread, right? [Big Grin] I forgot to post that!

I did 30 or 35 min on the machine. Can't remember now! 10 laps .. I also went on Tuesday. The past few weeks I've been missing one day each week.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--I am impressed that you can miss exercise and then jump right back and do a lot.

Ak--Praying you can keep insurance or get enough alimony to get a decent insurance plan. Praying for your stress, too.

lp--Did the carpenter come and get the work done?

I walked 22 minutes after work and then went to nearby grocery store.

Now, I need to turn some of those groceries into an edible dinner.

I am ready for the weekend!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, hiker. It's not TOO hard for me. Some days when I go back after one week, I have to cut back. My usual is 35-40 minutes if I go twice a week.

Glad you were able to walk and to shop!

LP told me her kitchen is finished. She has other news I'll let her share.

I got my hair cut today.. It's too short, but I guess I'll live through it.

It's raining and raining and raining. It began yesterday morning and we have about 24 more hours to go. We're under a flash flood warning.

Hubby drove to the nearby city in all the rain and he said it was bad. It was bad here too. It let up for a bit and I went to the grocery store. It was lightning when I came out (and raining.) Scary stuff.

We will sit around and watch TV all evening. Hubby has a day off.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-What in the world was I thinking today? I bought this book about moving your dna and lost al reason.

Made my Zumba class then later did my 2 DVDs. Thought I should move more so planted 2 variegated coleus and 2 flowering creepers. Moved hose reel box and hose from front to back yard. Attached sprinkler in the back and watered the front yard.

Well.....now I can't move. Took advil pm then half a muscle relaxer and pain pill.

Hiker-I hope you enjoy your weekend! I'm goofing off tomorrow with Josh. We're taking a 40 mile drive to go eat some great barbeque and shop around at our favorite indoor flea market.

TuTu-My recent cut isn't so great. It's either that or my new lighter color which didn't cover my gray hair. Now my dark eyebrows really stand out. Just hand me a cigar and call me Groucho!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Just checking in to let you know I'm alive I was in ER 6 hrs midnight to 6. Have diverticulitis. A lot of meds. Complicated schedule. Very weak. But I do think I am on the mend. Not sure why it happened. I'm pretty sure I can't take all the abx for 14 days. I see gi doc Monday...if I can drive...I'm very weak. Not out of bed much. I'm gonna go back and read posts

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

The carpenter finished the day before I went to ER. I have pot rack...so happy! Way more counter space. I have 2 page list about putting the house back but I won't be doing it today. Getting to bathroom from bed is about all I can handle. Oh...had a fire engine at my house too...I 'll explain later. All is well

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP-how my. So sorry to hear about diverticulitis.
Fire truck??

AK--Find anything at the flea market?

I did my usual Saturday morning cooking.

Ran a few errands--library, then to the shop that has free trade organic coffee and finally to Farm and Fleet to buy a pair of jeans.

I am aching to get out in the vegetable garden, but it was in the 50's today with 30 mph winds, so I sat and read a book instead.

Hopefully I can spade up the garden soon and plant my lettuce. Hope knee can tolerate that kind of work.

Bushes that I normally don't trim until the end of May are about ready for the cuts.
The serviceberry I thought was dead did get a few blooms and is beginning to leaf out. Hope it makes it.

Have a relaxing evening.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

WHEW!! What a day!!

Went to an OCC meeting in the city .. It was incredible. What a testimony we heard from a young woman who received a shoebox more than 20 years ago in Romania. What a moving story.

The bad news is that the church has new carpet .. oh the OFF GASSING!! My face is still red! (I have to attend meetings there each month)

From there I went back home where hubby was playing in a festival type of show with about 8 other acts. A very famous group closed the show. It was pretty wonderful!

Hubby's group did really well and he was smoking on that saxophone! [Big Grin]

Long day tomorrow... Church all morning and then a show Sunday night. I have free tickets to one of the best shows in town. I saw them do 3 songs today .. but haven't seen their show this year. It's always really good. Hope I have the energy to go.

Kayak .. can't wait to hear about the fire truck.. I think. Hope you will feel better tomorrow!!

AK... Hope you can get out of bed tomorrow!! OUCH!! My joints are better today .. just now getting over having eaten nachos last Sunday.

Hiker .. glad the serviceberry is OK...It was really cold here today and rainy. At least the flooding is over for now.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Did 2 loads of laundry and then headed to Josh's. He was trimming bushes so I waited for him then we did our barbecue and flea market day.

Kayak-Glad you went to the ER. Can't believe you have diverticulitis to boot with all the other things going on health wise. Sending you a big hug! Hope everything is ok at your house and nothing damaged?

Hiker-Hope Josh and I can squeeze in the library tomorrow. I need to go and see what they have going on. I enjoyed their tea and music days.

Didn't want to mention what I found at the flea market today but found a handmade pen desk set with an Alaskan scene on it. Well....the more I looked at it I realized it was mine. The artist name, location and date stunned me and I recognized it was a gift for my desk at State Farm. So apparently I left some of my things at my ex's and he's gotten rid of them. I thought my Alaska art items were in my Mom's shed. [Frown]

TuTu-I had problems with my feet and ankles today. They are sore and swollen from abuse. The more I walked around the flea market the worse they got. From time to time I have sore feet and swollen ankles and lower legs. I don't know what's causing it. Maybe it was the barbecue?

Anyways gang, trying not to think to much about what else I left at my old house. I did leave my name and number with the cashier and told her if she see's anything else like what I bought today to please call me so I can buy my items back. At least the one I bought back today was 50% off.

Sigh......

[shake]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Awe...That's so sad .. but then again, it's happy, AK .. You got the item back!!

Foods DO make me swell up. Hope that goes away soon.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement