LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE...what can you do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE...what can you do?
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my. Its been awhile since I was first. We do what we can and support each other. Please join us and share what you do from getting out of bed...showering...to Zumba and mountain climbing!

I'm excited. I get to eat first meat and first veggie in awhile. It will be 1 T boiled chic and half cup butternut squash for supper

I'm recovering from busy yesterday that started with a class in back pain at a PT place I never went to. They gave me hope

Then I bought another chair and they had a 3 yo shih Tzu/pug that Etta played with for an hour. It was wonderful

Then unloaded chair and realized it had a sweet smell I didn't notice when I sat in it

And then basically was in bed the rest of the day trying to get meds back on track

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LP--THanks for starting the thread. So will the sweet smelling chair work for you or can you return it?

I am glad you have hope from the PT class.

AK--I don't know how you stay up so late. I was in bed by 10 last night! Wish I could enjoy music more. Places like Pubs are usually too loud for me. Too much stimuli sets off my myoclonus.

Shame on me for skipping church. Slept in and cooked salmon and broccoli for breakfast.

Then walked for 30 minutes. Met a sweet large hound on my walk and spent some time petting her.

Rain is supposed to return in abundance later this afternoon, so I also took a small load to recycling while I could.

Am doing laundry and will read and relax this afternoon. Hoping my good pal comes for a visit.

Have a super week!! [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are still alive over here. Some church members reported they had 8-10 inches of rain. I don't know what the official count was, but one member near the lake has had 17 inches since Thursday night when all of this began.

Big sigh of relief to NOT HEAR RAIN this morning when I woke up.

Kayak.. back pain comes from lifting chairs. [Big Grin]
I hope they gave you some good tips. And I SURE hope you find a chair you can actually USE.

Hiker .. I'm glad you got some extra rest. You are headed for the "homestretch" now!

I think we will be resting this afternoon and then heading to the show. Thank goodness no shows on Friday or Sat last week.

They will be letting more water out of the dam at 2 pm .. so more people will be flooded out soon. [Frown] The lake rose 8 ft last night.

Thankfully, ALL THEATERS are safe from floods.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds scary tutu but I guess it's good they have a plan and can sort of keep ppl safe

We are having t storm right now. Its been a long time and Etta is nervous. I'm so tired now I have to lie down in bed so unless someone says tornado I'm just staying here. I think this is
the one room a tree probably can't reach

Tutu I know it isn't smart to be moving stuff but I'm pretty sure the pain is from after knee surgery that leg is quite a lot longer than the other and it turns out. PT s contradicted about how I should fix the turn out. They all say we have to wait til swelling goes down and then give one of my shoes a lift to even me out. I think its hurting because I'm doing more walking and that is making back hurt. At the class they said it was affecting my hips and I feel that too. One was already starting To go. Lovely genes I have

I did ALOT today. The living room looks reasonable now that the wood burning chair is gone.

I did great eating 1/4 cup of squash. But when I ate another 1y4 cup and a T. Of chic I got nauseas i just feel like lying here. I hope I don't puke

Tomorrow I have an appt to get my hair trimmed so I don't look like Larry on the 3 stop yes

And tues oncologist checkup

If I can feel well enough next week my friend that moved away said she would help me get to the special bra store. I can drive to my friends house...altho it will be hard. 1.5 hrs. Then she will help me get to store that is in a place that is too close to city for me

I don't know if I will be up for it tho. It just seems so hard

Anyway...I'm glad everyone has been safe. I can't believe how much a k does...work...exercise...party...I remember what pubs were like...a long time ago

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That happened to my sister in law too, Kayak. I think when they do the knee or hip surgeries they don't always get it "right" and one leg ends up being shorter than the other. Sis in law has a lift in her shoe now.

At one time I had to have a lift in my shoe and then later my leg or hip or whatever got better and righted itself. I have no idea what happened there.

Maybe you could try chiropractic????

Off to the nearby state tomorrow .. where there was flooding too. Kinda scary because I saw a video of a place about 1/2 mile from the dentist office. It was strong rushing water.

Sure hope all is well there now.

More rain coming on Wednesday. Our poor town!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Thanks Kayak for starting us off this week with the great mission statement. Speaking of awe, I can't believe all the things you can do after 2 major surgeries! You inspire me to never give up. I think that independent fierce spirit you have is still there.

As to pubbing last night, I literally had to talk myself into it! My feet an ankles hurt from shopping and I just wanted to go home and mope. Damn the topedes.....so went out and had a good time.

Hiker-You had an Alaskan breakfast, yum! I ended up doing laundry today also. Then did quite a bit of cooking for dinner tonight with Mom and Josh. We had fried rice, teriyaki sesame chicken and sautéed zucchini, carrots and onions. We also finished off the strawberry shortcake.

TuTu-Can't believe how much rain you guys are getting! Send some my way so I don't have to water my grass and sand. BTW, think my atorvastatin
has been causing some serious problems for me. I stopped it tonight. Been having migrating pain and really painful, swollen ankles and lower legs. My feet are killing me too and have been hobbling around. Cardio appt this Tuesday and am sure he'll chew me out but I'm not taking that drug or type ever again. Hope I feel better soon.

Well, getting sleepy so see you all tomorrow!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I was up at 5 today...from pain...but it meant I got an early start on meds. This is last day on cipro. I can't believe my tendons tolerated 10 days. Still 5 more days of flagyl. But things in plumbing dept are normalizing so guess its worth it

I'm just learning about high oxalates. If almonds are high and oxalates cause kidney stones almond butter is probably what is causing mine.

I have begun to rely on it for a protein source in. The morning because its easy. I hope I can keep eating it...I'm fine with a teaspoon or even half.. Just skimming it on a 2"x3" piece of my special bread

I sure am one of those ppl who would be last to die in a famine. Not sure if that is good or bad but I don't eat more than 1/4 cup of anything solid at any meal. I do have 5 meals tho cuz I h as d to take abx 5 times a day. Tomorrow maybe I can go to 3 meals. A lot of what I eat is high complex carbs cuz I have to have soft foods. Its upsetting that I didn't do well with chic last night. I was counting on getting back to mostly chic and veggies

I guess I need to get moving. Neurontin took the edge off the pain but I read an article that said it stops you from being able to learn new things. Its concerning to have this be my only pain med. I'm taking my top dose of 900 now. Top dose is 3800 and I know ppl who take that. I would not be able to stay awake or walk on that. As it is I often look drunk when I walk
I can take a la to help pass in and inflam a little. I'm gonna take fish oil even tho it makes me burp...I have to put curcumin on hold cuz of bad nausea but I ordered resveratrol and hope that will help. It might be high histamine...it has some grapes in it...huh. I just realized I've been drinking white grape juice for 10 days and don't seem to have a problem. I also might have to try diclofenec. That is the anti inflammatory pre that got me off ibu... But it's high histamine so I was trying not to take it. What a mess.

Ok. Here I go to turn on ozone to get perfume out of that chair. I really hope it works. This morning I used pillows and was able to sleep pain free for a few hours in the zero gravity chair

Then I have to take curtains down and wash them cuz they picked up the wood smoke smell from the chair. The ppl that took that chair were really happy. They rescue farm animals. They had a baby goat in the cab of their truck. They looked like they lived with the animals so I don't think the wood smoke will bother them

Well...Have I entertained you? Making up for last week I guess

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LP--Do you have high histamine levels? I can't remember. If not, don't sweat eating the high histamine foods.

Raining again and 40 mph winds. That is curtailing outdoor walking. Afraid to put out garbage can as it will get blown to who knows where.

Went to chiropractor after teaching. She worked me over well.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by aklnwlf:

BTW, think my atorvastatin
has been causing some serious problems for me. I stopped it tonight. Been having migrating pain and really painful, swollen ankles and lower legs. My feet are killing me too and have been hobbling around. Cardio appt this Tuesday and am sure he'll chew me out but I'm not taking that drug or type ever again. Hope I feel better soon.

-
Stick to your guns and tell him NO! Women are much more likely to have trouble with it than men. I'm so glad you figured out why you were having so much pain.

Kayak had a similar situation and I have two other friends who had the same reaction. It's not worth it. NO ONE has proven that high cholesterol has anything to do with heart disease.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-No Zumba today due to bad weather. I did 10 minutes each on the treadmill, stepper and rower. Worked on inner thighs and arms too. No DVDs today.

Kayak-Glad to hear you're feeling better. What a hoot in regards to rescue folks not noticing wood smoke. I agree with you on that one.

Hiker-I wish I could manage to go on to the chiropractor. The one I use is out of network and pretty expensive.

So tired today. See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker ... hope you aren't in too much pain tomorrow from the adjustment. I can't wait for mine tomorrow, along with my acupuncture. Sure need it.

kayak .. Eat whatever you don't react to. It doesn't seem like that tiny bit of almond butter would cause trouble. What else are you eating? "complex carbs".. such as??

diclofenec .. sounds scary too

We traveled south today for our dental appointments. The weather was OK .. started out VERY cloudy and misty. We saw where the dangerous flash flood was near our dentist's office. Thankfully, it was only in the creek itself. (I think)

The flooding around here is pretty massive and we are going to get more rain on Wednesday. They closed a major east/west interstate about 60 miles from us and a bridge that has NEVER been closed due to high water. I think it normally is about 30 feet above the water. (30 miles from us)

No problems at our place. I think the areas along the creek at the bottom of the hill are OK too. I haven't heard that they had any trouble.

AK .. I hope you start feeling better once that evil drug gets out of your system.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Omg. I just realized the awful bicep pain I couldn't figure out is probably tendon pain from cipro. I finished cipro yesterday. 10 days. Usually the pain is in Achilles or forearms. Thsts what I was paying attention to. But there are 3 short tendons holding bicep in place

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu sounds like you guys chose a good apt. This time.

I eat organic oatmeal and rice and my special bread. Never more than half cup a meal(but recovering less than 1/4 cup meal. And butternut squash..

I'm back from oncologist. She really thinks I'm ok but ordered bone scan with non iodine dye and special precautions for mcad. I love this woman. She has a 15 yo shih Tzu and always talks about our dogs

I've been coughing for awhile. Either got something from er visit or gi visit or yard or neighbor. Its been very wet and moldy here. I think inside house is ok. But the cough sounds like mold cough. Musinex is loosening it. But not fast enough for me.

I'm resting so I have energy to take Etta to get to get fitted for harness. She won't stop pulling and now her tracheal problem is worse. Mercola wrote an article about it with some ideas on to prevent it so I am trying to follow thru

Cleaning lady at 10 tomorrow then carpenter at noon. Usually I buy materials and have them here to save money but this time I just can't so it will cost a little more money but still get done

Very scary about silver. Hope it all works out.

[ 05-02-2017, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak ]

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Hopefully the carpenter can pick up materials and get a discount on them so it evens out.

Had to get to work early this morning for a webinar. Drank 2 cups of caffeinated coffee this afternoon to get me through the day which was a mistake. Will up all night, now.

Walked 25 minutes after work. More rain moving in tomorrow and Thursday, so thought I'd better get outside while I could.

Keep smiling, everyone!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Hi everyone! Well did my usual 10 minutes on the rower, treadmill and stepper. Did the arm and thigh workout again and only the ab DVD.

Had my cardiologist appointment today and I'm in the clear. Talked about problem with statin drug and he wants me to try again in about a month. Said I could be having an allergic reaction due to MCAD. My lower legs and feet are much better with no swelling. Yay!

TuTu-I was watching the news the other day and they were talking about the terrible flooding in MO. Glad you all were not affected.

Kayak-Happy to hear you're doing better outside of the bicep pain. I had some tendon issues from one of my antibiotics that cleared up eventually.

I'm hoping Silver will be OK too!

Hiker-Hopefully that walk will burn off some of that caffeine. I can't drink coffee late in the day either. If I drink a cup at 6 or 7 I'm up most of the night.

Believe it or not gang I'm heading to the movies tonight solo. Josh has plans so I'm going to see The Circle with Tom Hanks and Emma Watson. Can't beat the Tuesday special of a movie, popcorn and small drink for about $10!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak.. Oh no on the cipro. Hope your arm gets better now that you are off of it.

Also .. very good news from the oncologist. Keep us posted!

AK .. Yeah, the flooding is really bad. They had to close a bridge over part of the lake. It's never been closed for flooding and I think it's about 50 yrs old.

We are still a bit worried because IF they have to open the emergency flood gates, there will be WAY MORE flooding. Even in our neighborhood, they told the lower roads that if that happened, they would have to evacuate.

We are set to have about 2 inches of rain Wed and Thurs. So I'm praying for WAY LESS than that!!

I went to the city for acupuncture but I forgot to buy my crackers. Dang it!! I may need to go back, since I can no longer eat rice cakes. I need the crackers to take meds.

The acupuncture is going very well! but OOPS... he left a needle in today. HA!! I was shopping and I saw it out of the corner of my eye and then it went flying as I pulled a blouse over my head.

What's weird is that I had this feeling I had one in my neck (on the right), but when I felt for it, there was nothing. So strange!! The needle was on my left shoulder.

Creepy!!

AK .. The movie deal sounds good! Let me know if you like the movie.

And PS... The problem with the statin is NOT an allergy.

Hiker .. Good job on the exercise! I managed to get to exercise today and did 31 minutes on the machine and 10 laps. I got there late since I had gone to the city.

Speaking of caffeine .. I slept 8 hours straight last night. I don't remember the last time I slept through the night. I swear the last time was in my childhood. [Big Grin]

_

Many prayers for Silver! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

does anyone know if im supposed to take ettas harness off at night? i never had a dog with a harness...i ll ask kam on fb later im not sure if i should put her tags on the harness...it would be best for her to never have a collar on again

i saw flooding on tv and so glad you are still ok tutu

i still have the circle on my list...we have a similar tuesday nite special but i can t be that close to ppl for that long...such a wierd life

also wierd about needles!

but i second what tutu says about statin it put me in a walker

im like you guys with the caffiene since the diver i stopped coffee omeprazole and lots of food...but i havent lost a lb

i wanted to not have any food that brought reflux back so plan to start eating more very slowly

you guys all exercise so much more than me...no dog walk today too exhausted from doc visit...i did try but she pulled so much i rested to get energy to go buy harness...shes never had one she couldnt get out of but so far this one is staying on

ok...back to bed for me soooo tired but happy you guys are all safe

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. Our little dog (when I was growing up) had a harness instead of a collar. He wore it 24/7.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--I have been trying to get my dad off statins for years, but he won't listen. He will be 94 in 2 months. Who needs a statin at that age?

Walked 25 minutes.

Ran into one of my retired colleagues who lives at the Mennonite Residential Community near my house. I thought I was on the waiting list, but she said she checked and I am not on the list, so she will make some phone calls and get back to me.

Nice two bed condo with attached garage and you can plant flowers etc. I would love that, although I would have to downsize quite a bit. Her home was very nice and she moved in long before she retired, so it is not all elderly people there. You don't have to be Mennonite but I am sure that helps.

More rain on the way. My lawn needs mowing, but it will have to wait.

This week is teacher appreciation week. The PTA had tacos for us for lunch. Friday they will smoked barbecue. The other days they putting out chocolate. I am getting fatter. [bonk]

[ 05-03-2017, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Exactly, hiker .. no one that age needs statins. They tried to put my mother on them and I said NO WAY! The doctor told me he would put HIS mother on them and I said well SHE is NOT your mother! ( [Big Grin] )

I really feel that the statins are promoting my father in law's Alzheimer's, but I can't get anywhere with my sister in law who ALSO takes them....and she is in charge. Oh well.

Hiker .. I'm glad you found out about the wait list NOW .. dang!! That sounds like our community. We have a lot of condos and large patio homes. Plenty of elderly, but we have young people too.

The ladies in my Bible study group here are all about 50-65 yrs old... with one or two over 70.

I went to PT this morning after our Bible study at church.

Took a nap and now I'm watching the Spurs.

NITE NITE!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Lower body and ab DVDs then attended Zumba class. Zumba instructor has eased up quite a bit on us since someone mentioned it's supposed to be a Zumba Gold class for seniors. I'm relieved because I sure was sore the other day and had to take pain meds. Kinda defeats the purpose of doing something for your health. [Wink]

TuTu-The Circle was pretty good, kinda reminiscent of George Orwell's 1984. I won't say anymore in case someone here goes to see it.

I didn't know you were having sleep issues too. I've had them since I became sick in 2003. I sleep the best with the benadryl and liquid melatonin. Have to take stronger stuff if I'm aching.

Kayak-At the movies I had a whole row to myself! There were maybe 12 people all together.

This is my third day off statins and I was able to shop around today without hobbling. Didn't have to rush home from the gym and put my feet up. No swelling and very little pain.

Hiker-Does your Dad have any muscle pain or lower leg swelling? This was my second attempt for statins and both times I have lower leg issues. Also I noticed I was more achey than usual. I have a high tolerance for pain but this was putting me over the top.

Condo sounds awesome and wow, do they treat teachers right where you all are at!

P.S. Does TuTu get a discount on her next acupuncture appointment since she's bringing her own needle? I've never heard of someone NOT removing one!

Night gang!

[kiss]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I had acupuncture for awhile and the guy left a needle in on purpose for overnight. I didn't like that.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

So so much pain. I called 3 docs and asked for help

Reading a k s post gave me pain in every muscle and bone I have

Yet...I'm considering seeing how much straight mowing I can do...I paid someone to weed wack perimeter cuz all the turns are way too hard for me. I'm hoping I can mow once a month and pay yard guys once a month. That would be about 300. It probably won't happen if I start my plastic surgery tho

Did I tell you I got good report from oncologist but she's ordering bone scan

I'm feeling like sneaking an extra gabapentin but haven't done it yet

Oh yeah. Etta had engorged tick and is on doxy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:

Reading a k s post gave me pain in every muscle and bone I have

-
Exactly .. please don't, AK. Read again about Alzheimer's. Google it too.

kayak .. $300 a month for ONE mowing? OUCHY!! I hope not!

I hope it was a typo about plastic surgery.

Where is your pain, kayak? All over? Mostly shoulders or the knee?
I hope they can do something to help out.

AK .. My sleep issues are directly tied to Interstitial Cystitis and MCAS. With the IC and MCAS, I can sleep but I wake up once or twice a night. I never ever sleep through the whole night. That's why it was "something to write home about." I also have to avoid salicylates or I will be awake all night.

Hiker .. What's on the menu today??

I've been on the run all day. Totally worn out, but I'll likely go to the show tonight.

I had an OCC meeting this morning.. actually at lunch. Then did a little shopping and grocery shopping. Tired.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--I pay a young man (19 years old) to mow with my mower and gas. I pay him $25 each time he mows and I have 1/3 acre.

I am very blessed that he does it that cheaply. The other man (retired teacher) who has mowed for me charges about $35 and I do the trimming. Alex trims and rakes for the $25.

Sorry that Etta is on doxy. I don't think I could live out east where there are so many ticks.

Hope your pain goes away soon.

PTA provide chocolate again today and even gave us baggies to take some home. Tomorrow is Texas barbecue.

Eating leftover meatloaf tonight with a salad.

No exercise today--rainy and windy. I did manage to get to one grocery store.

Heading to work early tomorrow for an award breakfast for some kids. End of school year is so busy.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Hi, hi! Well, did my usual 10 minutes on the treadmill, stepper and rower. Ab DVD and thigh exercises. Shoulder was hurting so no arm stuff today.

I should've worked out twice today because Josh and I had banana splits. How can something so good be so evil?

Hiker-What?! A needle overnight? That sounds ridiculous. What if you move in your sleep?

I didn't mention to Josh how your school goes all out for teacher appreciation week. He'd be down in the dumps for sure.

He told me today he's considering getting his specialist degree. He'd have to take classes at night for 3 semesters. Hope he makes the right decision.

Kayak-Mowing is hard work! I gave Josh my self propelled mower. Even using that one I'd get bouts of costochondritis. Every summer I was heading to my GP for pain pills and muscle relaxers.

Also, poor little Etta! I sure hope she's going to be OK.

I was paying my old yard guy either $225 or $250 for cutting an acre plus weed eating.

TuTu-I'm with you on the statins! Still no swelling and very little pain.

I think my sleep issues must be from MCAS too. I still pee a lot at night but not as much. I was going all the time during the day before I was put on antihistamines. No more Poise pads! Yay!

Heading to Atlanta after the gym tomorrow for some R & R. See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. Texas BBQ in Illinois is an oxymoron. [Big Grin] But .. just in case it's "real" .. I'll be right over!! [Big Grin]

$225?? Dang .. I was in the wrong business back when I could work. We paid $40 in San Antonio back in the 90's for mowing. Small yard. But we usually mowed it ourselves.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. There are Christian health care groups you may be able to get health insurance from.

Google these:

Medishare and Liberty Health Share

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Well gals, I get up once or twice a night, too. Ever since I had the hysterectomy I need to go more often. I should do the exercises that help. I also drink a ton of water to flush out toxins. At least I usually fall back asleep quickly.

Texas barbecue was delicious today with Memphis spicy sauce. I skipped the bun, but had the potato salad.

And the bonus from the PTA was a drawing and I won a $25 gift card to Olive Garden. I love their salads and they have some gluten free pasta meals, too.

Tuesday the administration is treating us to ice cream sundaes.

So, I should be telling you that I exercised a lot today, but in reality I just went to the grocery store after work and then made some business phone calls.

I am really worn out from work this week. Just 3 weeks of school left this term and then SUMMER!!!

I am off to fix some dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I think once or twice a night is pretty normal for anyone with a chronic illness. We won't talk about age.

You guys really do get pampered!

AK .. About the acupuncture needles. They are very very tiny. I thought it was a hair and so I brushed it off. It hit the floor and I couldn't find it. So tiny and so thin.

I was home most of the day and cooked chicken, washed clothes and sheets .. even my mattress pad. Then I got the mail and took the trash and recycle stuff down to the mailbox area.

Now getting ready to watch the Spurs again. I'm not even very excited this time. One of our best players tore a tendon in his thigh during the last game.

He must have a high pain tolerance because he just went down and never moved. No screaming like I would be doing!! He held his leg and then they carried him off. He won't be back this year.

He was one of the Big Three for our team. #1 retired last year, and #2 will likely retire this year. So #3 just played his last game with #2. [Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rain today and more predicted for tomorrow. Hoping to get some sewing done since it won't be nice to work outside.

Hubby said he will try to get daughter's sewing machine put in the cabinet for her. Want to teach her to sew. He might do some sewing also. We have an order for doll clothing, something he has helped with before.

Our school has a week and a day left! I'm so ready for summer vacation!! So are the children!

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Ran errands this morning and did a bit of cooking.

Talked a long time with my brother who is coming to my folks next week and will take Dad to surgery Tuesday. Still don't know the time of surgery which frustrates me.

How can someone be expected to prepare and make arrangements for surgery if they are not told the time until the day before? It's just God's blessing that my brother had planned to come this week. It's not like this is an emergency surgery, either. I also wanted to find out when follow up appointment is as I will have to take off work to take Dad, but got no answers on that, either.

It is hard at this time of year to get off teaching and secure a substitute.

Doing little things like making sure wheelchair is available when they get back to the retirement center from surgery etc.

Went to church to pray and then went on a 25 minute walk on a the paved trail. It's surrounded by trees, so the 30 mph winds didn't affect me.

Am sipping coffee now and will watch the Kentucky Derby later this afternoon.

I wanted to plant some flowers and my garden, but still too wet.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Oh my friends I am weary. I checked on silver first and am so glad she's ok. I have a lot of back pain that is also right abdominal pain and hip pain...both of them and the second shoulder is getting really bad too and my neck is so tight

It has come on since diverticulitis when I stopped ibuprofen and all inflamm supps....and also many foods and I began foods I don't usually have because you have to to heal from the diver

So it could be I have all these pains but ibu and back a ways dilaudid were hidingthem

But it seems like the new knew moved or broke...severe knee cap pain with certain movements

The leg is longer than the other one now and still swollen about twice the size of other one and it turns out so my gait is messed up

But it is very strong. I have not been in wc since surg and rarely use cane or walker...mostly if going to unfamiliar place or waiting in line

And thru all of this I have been walking Etta 20 to 30 min once or twice a day which is way more than I have in yrs

Idk if this pain is from me walking in limping leg or from stopping supps and ibu

Ibu probably caused diver and I have known this day would come when I would have to stop it

I'm slowly getting back on supps. Fish oil makes me burp now and curcumin makes me nauseous but I am using them.

I was able to cut down ibu by using a new med called diclofenec. I want to try that again but it is known to be high histamine so I was waiting till there were fewer problems to start it. Facing anaphalexis is scary. Skelaxin is the same. It would probably really help my back but is high histamine

Then the day before I took my last flagyl I got thrush in my mouth. That has never happened before. I am taking meds 4x a day for that.

So that's why I haven't been here. Also Etta has had some problems we are dealing with

I just tried sitting in the new to me red chair. Cleaning lady and I have worked on it for 2 weeks I think...it's starting to burn me so I'm gonna go take detox bath. I have one more new treatment to try. It is so comfortable for my body. And it keeps my leg raised the way I am supposed to. That ankle looks like it has 2 baseballs on it.

I'm gonna read your posts and be back

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement