LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Silver is in the hospital update and we are walking!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Silver is in the hospital update and we are walking!
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver went in for an echocardiogram and nuclear stress test today. Echo went well, no issues. However just a few minutes into the stress test her heart began to hurt severely 7-10 in her opinion.

The cardiologist just happened to be in the office and came in too one look at the EKG and hearing her description of pain had the ladies in the room call 911 and Silver was taken immediately to the ER.

The doc, when he came in, was thinking about doing an angiogram in the morning but there was an opening this afternoon. After the test he told me that the artery on the left side of her heart had blocked itself off, but the blood decided to make its own bypass! So the heart “muscle” is in good shape [according to the doctor].

Now, the artery on the right side right where it splits into 2 is 80% blocked and not able to stent. So Wednesday or Thursday this week, the cardiac surgeon will be opening up my love’s chest and repair her heart.

The cardiologist is very confident that Silver is strong and young and that a week in hospital and 2-3 days in rehab will have her back in shape.

More to come as it happens – please keep her in mind. Thanks as I know you will.

[ 05-06-2017, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: TrekCoord ]

--------------------
I still have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 138 | From Lost Wages | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, as we age and the heart arteries start to get blocked, the body will make alternate routes or bypasses. That is why if you can live to age 60, you generally won't die from any heart attack you have after that age. You have made bypasses that will take up the slack.

And, with heart bypass surgery, anyone under age 80 is considered young. I found that out when my hubby had to have the surgery. They are doing this surgery on very, very old people!

If her legs are strong, then after surgery when they want her to stand up and get out of a chair on her own, she will be able to do it.

She should also walk as much as possible when she leaves the heart ICU and goes to the step-down unit. If she walks a lot and walks well, she could even go straight home and skip rehab.

These docs who do this surgery do about 300 per year. It is all they do. So, it has become a very routine surgery--unbelievably so.

Let us know the day of the surgery so we can all cover her and the doctors, nurses, etc. in prayer while they operate and in the recovery room.

This will solve her problems. She should have more energy and be able to exercise a lot more. Of course, that is not immediately after the surgery, but in a few months time. She will really notice the difference.

At home, she needs to walk as much as she can also, every day further and further if possible. This is the best therapy for recovery from heart bypass.

And, generally the patient doesn't experience much pain from this surgery. They keep you sufficiently doped up. But, she needs to keep a pillow on her chest any time she needs to cough, get up, sit down, etc. to keep the breastbone stationary. That keeps her from having pain when she makes these movements or coughs.

So, keep us posted. I am glad her problem was discovered and now it can be addressed and eliminated.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers already are and will continue to be with you both!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear this, but TF is right. She should be feeling much better once they get this taken care of. It must be VERY frightening though!!!

I was told in cardiac rehab that one reason we exercise is to keep those arteries making "extra" bypasses as needed. You will make more of them if you are exercising.

Keep us posted. It sounds like she is in good hands.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no, not sweet silver, this can't be happening.

Please Trekcord, tell her that this too shall pass and how sorry we all feel for her. I get so MAD when bad things happen to good people.

She has been such an inspiration for me with her grace, dignity, and humor.

You are her rock and together you will make it through this !
Much love, Bonnie

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TrekC', sending healing thoughts your way and prayers for Silverwolfi.

Once she is out of the hospital, consider reading about BodyBio PC (Phosphatidyl Choline), it could help a lot to clear the blockages naturally and without surgery. I posted about it in a thread yesterday here's a link:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/37088

Thinking about Jus' Silverwolfi!

Jory

Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please let Silver know she (and you) are in our prayers.

Praying the Great Physician guide the surgeon's hands and the whole team to get her well. May He give both of you strength during this difficult time and healing for Silver, so she will be back on her feet in no time.

Haven't forgotten to include you, Trek, and pray you are well, too.

Love & hugs to the both of you from your Lymenet family. Ya'll come back now, ya hear! [group hug]

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending up prayers that God will heal Silver and give you both strength and comfort.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for Silver! Please keep us updated.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you two... I know in my heart that all will be well. Thank goodness you are finally getting the help you've been needing.

Hang in there, Trek!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all very much. We talked with the surgeon this afternoon and surgery schedule is really packed. He will try and get her scheduled for tomorrow [Wed] or Thurs.

Hopefully the nurses will know something and tell us.

I'm hearing "Anticipation, antic-uh-pay-a-shun . . ."

Silver is in good spirits through all this.

--------------------

Posts: 138 | From Lost Wages | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers going out for you both!! Be sure to keep us posted when you can.

Great info from TF, I couldn't agree more.

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All good wishes to you both. I hope Silverwolf will soon be feeling much better x
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope she will be fine. ill be thinking of ya.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

She went into surgery about an hour ago. Doc very confident that it will be okay. Hoping to hear something soon.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

She's out of surgery and in recovery. I can go to the ICU in an hour and visit.

5 bypasses, doc had to scrape calcium out of some of the arteries, and her sternum had quite a bit of arthritis that he took care of as well.

Thank God for capable surgeons!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise, God. So glad docs could get the surgery done.

Keep us updated. I am still praying for you both.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am so relieved Silver's surgery was a success! Praying for a speedy recovery!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you guys had to go through this, and it sounds like you're in good hands. Thoughts and prayers to you both.

Jory

Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so glad. my sister had her test today. she'll get results tomorrow.

hope she takes it easy and is back home soon. no heavy lifting fer sure.

finally some good news

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God everything went well. Thoughts and prayers with you both.
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such good news ! Thank God !

So worried about you two the past few days. Post-op pain is the worst. Be sure to tell Silver to push that nurse button for pain meds before pain breaks through.

Time to heal. Well-wishes being sent your way guys.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

So relieved that she made it through surgery. Good job, Silver!!

Hang in there, Trek. Stay calm and keep praying!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending healing love and prayers for Silver and for you, too, Trek (hard to get used to the new name!).
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Thank you all. I got in to see her for a few minutes around 830 and she is still on the breathing tube. Hopefully if she follows the nurses encouragement she can get off of that and breathe for herself [although they told her she was already doing most of the breathing herself].

Now it is just time to let stuff heal up.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

YAY!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Great news. You guys were on my mind all last night.

Jory

TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Thank you all so much! Your support for her is wonderful!

Good news! The breathing tube was removed late last night so she’s breathing on her own. I talked with her nurse this morning and she was able to get up and move to the chair and sat for 2½ hours!

She’s tired and will be napping a lot for the next couple days, but things are looking good!

I’ll be heading up to see her in just a few.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

God is good! So proud of our Silver! She's one tough cookie! Aren't we humans amazing!?

Go Silver, Go!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you guys have had some tough times. But for this to have been found and taken care of is a true blessing.

This should help Silver feel better after the healing.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Yup! I visited with her for quite a while this morning. She had a breathing treatment and the surgeon stopped by to let us know how well she is doing.

He also said she may get released Monday. However . . .

And I will now have the distinct honor of going to the store and buying her a front closing bra!

Just what every mother with a daughter in tow wants to see, a 65 year old, bearded man, in a wheel chair [everyone needs transportation!] asking "do you have a front closing bra in size X and cup size X?"

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LOL!! I think a front-closing bra would really hurt right now. OUCH.

Maybe she's too groggy to realize that? (Sorry, Silver!)

Is the scar above the area of the closure?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She needs to go braless for a good while. She will not want ANYTHING touching that incision for some time.

She should wear a real loose old bra (something a little big, in other words) for when she has to go out (like to the doctor for her 30 day checkup).

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

a good nursing bra might work!!! also she won't want to lift her arms.

my husband would never ever buy a bra for me. those puppies would end up in Antarctica before he'd do that!!!!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Trek .. Did you try to call me?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Not today L2

Walkies!!! Silver walked around the nurses station with me this afternoon and then another just now [she called] - and now she needs pain meds! But the doc says she is doing great and thinks she can be released to rehab Monday!

And other good news, a good FEMALE friend from church has gotten Silver a bra and is bringing it over tomorrow! Yay! No creepy old man in the lingerie section!

--------------------

TF
Member # 14183

I am so happy that everything is going smoothly.

Tell Silver to keep up the walking! We are cheering her on !!!!!

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have her on my mind and in my heart. You too!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Trek escaped that one!! [Big Grin]

Hope she continues to do well! woot woot!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news! I hope she will soon be fighting fit! Bravo, Silver!
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Wonderful to hear! [woohoo]

Thanks for updating us, Trek. One step at a time, Silver! [Smile] Holding you up in prayer as you get stronger each day.

The good Lord will see you through this.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thank you for the update! Rooting for you Silver!

[kiss]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope today has been a stellar day so far!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement