LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » To Tincup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To Tincup
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to tell you how helpful all your links are !

Friend's daughter got bit recently and she texted me for advise.

It was so easy.

I just go to one of your posts and scroll down to the bottom where you so cleverly list links to the most valuable information. So quick to access and are always permently placed in the same spot.

Lyme brains can't remember much. Your links are so helpful.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second that kudo!

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1590 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. So sweet of you to say such nice things! Thank you!

Both of you!

I am glad to hear you are using the info and are sharing it too. That does a heart good. I smile.

And, I am laughing now, it also indicates that I didn't put it there just to torment the IDSA/CDC toads.

Although, that is a nice thought too!

[lol]

Thanks again. You've made my day!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Throwing my hat in too, I always learn something from your posts Tincup. The most recent video you posted on stretching was shared on my fb feed yesterday. Thanks for what you do!
Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine called this morning seeking help for 2 tick bites.

Once again I went to your links and e-mailed the info to him.

He just returned from E.R. They would only give him 10 days worth of doxy. For 2 separate bites. He was not happy.

He documented everything, including his request for 28 days of antibiotics.

He also sent tick for testing.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jory,

Thanks so much for the feedback and kind words. I was more expecting someone (not you) to say that isn't weight training like Bb asked for, which I do know, and was expecting at least one punch in the nose for suggesting she start slowly.

My sincere hope is she won't have MORE pain and misery than she has now. And starting here won't add to others problems either.

Plus, I felt comfortable suggesting that because of the rough time she is going thru, and because most people do NOT stretch enough or properly which ends up causing more problems.

And before I get my chops busted, I know this because I was a weight trainer/lifter myself, and I was trained, certified and taught it in college.

My job in part was to develop individual programs for folks, from the ladies who wanted to trim up for the new swim suit season, to the elderly with chronic diseases, to the police departments toughest officers, to men and women competing at competition level.

Also, Bb noted that she was having trouble following the instructions given... so I thought a video that shows her what to do might help and be easier to follow.

SO, thanks again! I do appreciate your feedback. Very much so. Made me smile!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Bb, so good to hear from you again. Thanks for the positive feedback. Wish more people would tell me what they'd like to see there.

After all, I do it for them, not cause I can't find other things to do and/or mischief to get into. ho ho ho, ha!

[Big Grin]

BTW- We are going to have to start calling you BbA now. Hope you don't mind!

Bb, to shorten your name, and A for Advocate. You are doing great helping others!!! I love to see that! Keep up the good work!

Please!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm another fan, Tincup, especially as your posts are always full of things to make us laugh, which is often sorely needed!
Many thanks.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Tincup,
Your Treat The Bite website is getting quite a workout !

Back story:

A good friend of mine called me a few weeks back to check on my health status. I told him I had been bitten again by a tick which set me back in progress.

He said " Bonnie, you ve got to have the worst luck of anyone I know !"

I took this as being an ignorant statement. So I shot back " Well you have nothing to worry about because I know of no one who has ever been bit by a tick while in a bar !" ( He 's a big drinker.)

Guess who just stopped by ? Yup. He got bit in the shoulder yesterday. He said he burned it off with a match. Wanted advice on what to do. I printed out Treat The Bite guidelines for him.

He got bit at his favorite watering hole, sitting on the bar patio, underneath a fruit tree.

So I guess you CAN get bit at a bar.

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha, ha !!!!!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

HA!

Glad you can use the site and you appreciate it. Guess I should put a note on there that days to print out the document so you can roll it up and stick it in someone's ear if need be!

Strange to have that happen too! Good grief! Not too comforting for you or him I'd guess.

I was in a little video store one day and right after going thru the door into the place- about 10 steps or so- I felt something lightly hit my hand. I looked down and saw a tick crawling on it.

It had fallen from the ceiling on me. Like it was waiting for ME! There were others in there and no ticks fell on them.

So I guess no where can be considered totally tick free!

So glad you took time to help your friend. You are a BbA for sure!

Keep up the good work!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement