LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Not A Happy Anniversary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not A Happy Anniversary
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is my 1 year anniversary from being unable to work because of chronic Lyme disease.

How symbolic that I m spending it in bed.

I guess I was lucky to work for 3 years with undiagnosised Lyme after my first tick bite in 2013.

I attribute this to being on an assortment of antibiotics and steroids for chronic sinus infections, bronchitis, ear infections, and UTI's.

19 doctors denied me treatment for Lyme because I didn't have a CDC positive western blot.

So here I lie, looking out the window at a beautiful sunny day, watching the world go by.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying that tomorrow is a better day. Take it one day at a time. It's sad that it takes so many days to get well!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bonnie, it's beautiful here too but I'm experiencing it through a window, can't do much else. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in feeling like you're missing out.

Eat something you shouldn't, it will make you happy for those golden few minutes. I ate a bag of chips and a chocolate danish, bad bad bad but oh so good.

Hugs,

Jory

Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get the pool ready! That sounds like a great deal!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How funny you mentioned this jory.

Yesterday I ate my first hot dog of the summer. No roll. I paired it with sautéed spinach, garlic and onions. I figured the enzymes from the veggies would eat the processed chemicals from the dog ?

It was heaven wrapped in skin !

I have been very depressed lately.

I decided not to open my pool. This is a big deal for me as swimming is the one thing that I throughly enjoy and still hold interest in.

I have a few people who have offered to open it for me. And a pool guy who would come once a week to clean and moniter chemicals for 20.00$ , which is dirt cheap.

I would love to convert to salt water but it would be great expense to change filters. But how lovely would that be ?

Last year, while sick, I managed to force myself in pool. Some days I would swim, other days walk around in circles.

I m basing my decision on my current relapse. But I m stressing that WHEN I get well, my pool won't be available to me.

I know this sounds childish, but it's a very big deal to me.
I love the water. 🐠 🐬 🐳 �

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot dogs! Haha, I don't think anything higher than 1.0ph could destroy the preservatives in those things. I used to love them as a kid and even in my adult years but oof I can't put those in my body anymore. It would get.. angry at me. Spinach has really been helpful and brings me back from the dead very quickly.

I've also been low lately, increasing costs of meds/supplements and no viable income opportunity is scaring me. I want to work so badly but haven't found anything stable. Add to this that I'm still waiting on test results for over a month for some type of confirmation of what's going on with me and you get the idea. I move from my bed & heating pad to the kitchen where I ravish my cupboard and pantry every few hours. C'est la vie, ca!

A salt water pool would be lovely, why won't your pool be available to you when you get well?

ps: Here's an amusing story. So I've been taking niacin every day for yeast control. Yesterday I ran out of the brand I've been using for some time, and opened a jamieson nicotinic acid product. I took my daily dose about 30 minutes ago and my face, arms, legs, and chest are entirely on fire. Niacin rash! Oh well, not taking those again..

Posts: 289 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

So sorry about the hard times everyone is having. . .

jory,
Your rash sounds like my oil of oregano experience. I have burning feet so I applied 1/2 OOO and 1/2 vitiamin E oil to my feet. And voila !!! I had double burning feet, ha ha.

My pool wouldn't be available for me to use unless I open it, silly. Hence, my dilemma. So tired ALL the time. Will I even use it ?

When will this AWLFUL nightmare end for us ???????????

P?S. I know how it feels to wait for tests. And then, 9 times out of 10. they say everything looks normal ? I m currently waiting for my recent tick bite results. Regardless, I feel like #### !

jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

I've heard of many people scorching themselves with oregano oil, potent stuff. I bought an 80% cavracol blend from natural factors and can only handle teeny amounts of it.

Re: your pool I must've had a froggy brain yesterday, sometimes things just don't click as they usually would. Very humbling this experience. When will it be over? I really dunno. I'm learning that remission is something to hope for instead of a bona-fide solution which seems just as science-fiction as the problem itself.

I feel like poop today too, but a cup of alka-seltzer gold with one lemon did me lots of good. Breakfast of champions [bonk]

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BbA said... "Hence, my dilemma. So tired ALL the time. Will I even use it ?"

I'll tell you one thing for sure...

If you don't let someone open it for you and get, and keep, it ready, you won't use it!

And that would be a crying shame. You need the water and the exercise you will get when it is available.

Do me a favor and get it ready for use. Keep us updated on the progress. If you do well, we might even have a party here to celebrate its opening!

We haven't had a LymeNet party in a LONG time! So do it for all of us too!

I am so excited now I can hardly wait!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW- I'm free next weekend. Can you get it ready by then? Call in the troops and make them set it up for you. I know you don't want to ask for help, but do it anyhow.

It will be worth it! And they know you'd certainly do it for others!

1, 2, 3 GO!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

Lymie pool party? I'll bring SPF60 and a spinach dip!

d(^__^)b

Tincup
Member # 5829

Jory is ready to roll! And is offering to bring the sunscreen and spinach dip too!

I'll order pizza for everyone. But, you better get there fast if you want some. Pizza is not safe around me!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bring peppermint tea to drink!
Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jory
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50029

More like ready to roll into bed, Tincup [bonk]
Mmm, pizza and peppermint tea. I should make some.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in for a pool party too. Sorry this is such a hard time. The back and forth gets discouraging. When I'm down, I just keep holding on for the 2 steps forward again.

Sending HUGS!

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

You guys are just too funny !

Thank you to everyone. First time I smiled all week. Means so much to me.

Tincup said " If you don't open the pool, you won't use it."

For some reason, this clicked in my brain. It sounded logical. So I m opening my pool. Everyone is invited. Bathing suits optional. I m calling it " The Letting It All Hang Out Party."

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement