LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? JUNE 11

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? JUNE 11
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope everyone is having a great day!! The weather is really nice, but warm.

We had an earthquake about 20 miles from us. It was centered in Arkansas. Many of my friends felt it, but we didn't notice anything.

We were either in our car on the way to church or had just arrived there. I always miss the good stuff. [Big Grin]

Going to a big show this evening. One of our recording artists who has a theater here.... he always has a great show. (He's also easy on the eyes.) [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
------ KAYAK'S POST --------

---------------------------
FROM THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING

---------------------------------
Hiker. You are going thru a lot.
I hope it all goes well. I have super dry eyes and drops never helped. A doc I trust says don't use restasis. I'm not sure what kind you are trying. My eye doc said 1000mg flax seed I morning will help dry eyes. It does for me. I buy barleans. I've used it many years

I just hope surgeries go well. Is be wacko about those bees. They eat would and are not aggressive right? Still I would hate that

Tutu...I'm ok but doing that much laundry yesterday did me in. Esp my shoulders. I have a sskinny laundry room and putting clothes in and out makes me twist a wier d way and hurts now that both shoulders are messed up

So I couldn't do anything but hang around today. I took Etta for long drive and took Epsom bath

Its motorcycle week here. Very exciting. Google it.

I really need to get a lot done tomorrow cuz carpenter starts Monday. Unless they change forecast to rain

I'm afraid I'm gonna forget to get that bone scan and register and inspect car and get ettascheckup including teeth and bladder check for stones

Those are all really impt things I can't forget

You crack me up a k. I'm cringing in pain reading about your exercise and then you say
Beer and pizza.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--The reporter who is coming to interview me tomorrow is easy on the eyes and so kind. Also married, so definitely off limits. Rats!

So very hot and humid here, although there is a breeze. I watered my flowers and garden. And then really had to hustle to make it to church on time.

The AC wasn't working, but the service was excellent and I am glad I am starting to go again. Great people there.

I did my balance and strength exercises and headed to my home away from home--the library.

Time to read. [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

HIKER .. Is this a "new" church? I know your church was very very small and I thought you were without a pastor? So is this a new place?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same church with an interim pastor. He had retired and decided to take the short term interim position. That is now going on 2 years.

Not sure how the church is going to ever afford a full time pastor. And the church needs a new roof which is well over $100,000. Only 20 people there today. Still, it is a special place with special people.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thx. Tutu. I'm really tired. Very hot and humid. I finished bedroom by 2pm. Had to water potted flowers. Trying to make a dent in living room but not getting very far. All my muscles are so tired. Even my hand muscles. And both shoulders so much pain

Carpenters supposed to start tomorrow. I will be surprised cuz storms are forecast for afternoons.

I'm glad your having fun tute!

Hiker hope you can get some relaxing time in before the surgeries. What kind of recovery on those?

I guess I'm gonna try to sleep even tho it's 80 in here. I have to get up real early cuz kitchen is not ready for carpenter

We have more earthquakes now than I remember when I was a kid. But they are always small. The tornadoes do damage and kill ppl. I never remember those when I was a kid

Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Thanks TuTu for getting us going this week. No exercise today but took Mom shopping for a few hours and later trimmed bushes and watered the sandy lawn.

Hiker-I can't believe you have to have eye surgery too! You've got a lot going on with your Mom, upcoming surgery and other issues. I'll be praying for you! I work out like a maniac to combat stress. I was told years ago by my old neurologist that it helps stress levels. Seems to be helping me.

TuTu-The show that you mentioned sounds awesome. I would love to see a live show! So very different from just watching one on TV. Being there sure fires up my senses and emotions.

Kayak-Envying your drive to the beach with Etta. As for all the exercise.....I'd use beer as motivation to cut my grass. Wish I could have figured a way to attach a bottle at eye level on the front of the mower! Knew I was having beer and pizza night at Josh's so it got me going!

You guys are awesome! See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. You must do something about keeping it cooler in your house this summer. It's a necessity. [Frown]

Hiker ...Keep praying for help for your church! We got the help we needed and it was heaven-sent.

Hope you can get the surgery out of the way soon.

We enjoyed the show last night. It was really great. I went with my two best friends.

AK .. Beer doesn't give you a stomachache? I began and ENDED my beer drinking during college.

[ 06-12-2017, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Had my mammogram this morning and they already told me it was normal.

Called eye doctor to try and get surgery in June rather than midJuly. Am waiting to hear back from them.

Strength/Balance exercises for 30 minutes.

Met with newspaper reporter to talk about Lyme. Mainly focused on prevention and what to do if you do get a tick on you.

Off to fix dinner and than have to fast for blood tests tomorrow morning.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Caught just the tail end of Zumba today so did my usual routine. 10 minutes on the treadmill, stepper and rower. Abs, thighs, chest presses and arm workout while walking some laps.

TuTu-Glad you enjoyed the show! Drinking doesn't usual agree with me but sometimes I drink socially. Occasionally I get a hankering for a drink but try to keep it to a minimum.

Hiker-Whew! Glad the mammo was normal. I get nervous when I'd get one. Had to wait for a letter to get the results. Sounds like you had a great day with the exercise and interview. You're awesome for getting much needed info out there into the world!

Well gang, its couch potato time. I'm watching Breakfast at Tiffany's......again.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. Well...I'm definitely not judging!! I just found out after reducing my consumption to even 1/2 beer, I would STILL wake up with a "hangover."

I don't know if it's from the gluten or just that my mast cells went crazy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ppl with Lyme often can't drink alcohol. Dr b said that a long time ago

Hiker...what did you tell ppl to do if they get bit? Here the doc s all agree one 100mg doxy will prevent Lyme. I think I know how they came to that conclusion but it is stupid. But no local doc will prescribe the 6 weeks 400 mg a day that I was taught was necessary

Ak...ice cream is my motivation now. I remember when beer was. Especially after hayin...the other day 2 of my sons were reminiscing on fb about haying and how hard it was. It brought back memories. But mostly it made me so happy they were talking. I had 2 sets of kids and each set had terrible sibling rivalry. They have been doing more things together recently and that makes me happy

Today was wicked hot and humid but I got a surprising amount done. Esp the thinking part. I put a bunch of stuff away and threw some away and now I have 4 labeled totes in living room instead of 8

I managed to get the rocker that caught the burning toxin outside and a.c. scrubbed it with bar keepers friend. I really need another chair. I'm afraid my zero gravity chair is going to fall apart cuz its the only one I can sit in

Oh...and when I was searching forscrubber sponges I realized one sink had been leaking for a long time. I have everything under sink in old dishpans

It was 3/4 full with gray/black water that really smelled. It was awful. So now am using one sink

Oh...and Ak...you need to be greatful for that Sandy soil...ticks HATE Sandy soil...cuz they don't like to be hot. So you won't end up with ticks in your bed!

Well that's it I guess. It really hurts to type now. My fingers my arms and my shoulders

Oh...and brother came home from hospital and had PT...48 hrs after surgery and he's doing great. He sent me a pic of a huge pineapple he's getting ready to pick

Ok..nite.

Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--I told reporter that people should get 400 mg of doxy per day. (200mg twice a day) if they get an embedded tick.

Sorry to hear your sink is leaking. With houses, it is always one thing after another.

Glad your brother is doing well.

Off to get blood tests. Ugh.

Later:

Well, I least I didn't pass out during the blood test. Lab tech at MD office could not find a vein, so my favorite nurse drew the blood, but she could only get enough for one tube. Had to finger prick for the glucose, hemoglobin tests.

Watered the gardens and trees again. Very hot and humid. I don't know if the weather is getting to me or the stress about my eyes etc. but I am so tired and not feeling great.

I am skipping my walk and not doing any strength/balance exercises today.

Heading to my folks this afternoon to take mom to a MD appointment tomorrow.

[ 06-13-2017, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Glad you got that done! The stress really gets to me now. I hope you can get some rest and feel better by tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Hope your trip goes good hiker

Well. Carpenter got here today. I didn't really believe he would come so I didn't go crazy getting ready.

I had alarm set for7. Got up at 830. He was supposed to be here at 930. He got here at noon

Very very hot and high humidity

When he took window out there was huge bad mold smell. I had to turn off a.c. and put exhaust fans on til he cleaned up mold and got new window in. It looks really nice. Isn't finished inside or out but its in

He's supposed to get here at 9 tomorrow instead of noon. We 'll see. Etta and I ended up in car today with a.c. on

Tomorrow his helper is 13 instead of 18

And tomorrow he replaces two Windows in different rooms so I have to move furniture away from one wall in each room. That's a lot more than I moved today

I hope it goes well. I hope we don't find mold tomorrow that we have to follow

It will be much cooler they say...but if that's true Idk why hiker had hot weather today. I'm usually a day after her

Still hot here. I feel like taking a cool shower

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-10 minutes each on treadmill, stepper and rower. Worked at a slower pace today and just my ab DVD when I got home.

Made a big pot of beef stew and cornbread for dinner and invited Josh and Mom's BFF over. Everything was delicious but should have worked out twice as hard at the gym today. Oh....my poor tummy!

TuTu-I've had problems with alcohol when I first got sick in 2003. Still have issues off and on and think it might be mast cell or porphyria related. I'm not sure either. Sure is frustrating!

Kayak-I've never done haying and can't even imagine how hard it is. As a kid every summer we went to my grandparents farm in MO and we'd work the garden, gather eggs, make butter in a giant mason jar we each took turns shaking, pick berries for cobblers and terrorize the poor cows. Good times!

Hiker-Wow, I'm taking my Mom tomorrow too for a doctor's appointment in Atlanta. Made 2 appointments for her today.

In regards to your upcoming surgery, can someone go with you? It helped me tremendously that my little Mom was there. I hated to worry her but was still glad for her help and support. When's your surgery?

Well gang....guess I'll jump in the shower so I can be ready for tomorrow's trip. See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Those are nice memories ak. Esp the cobbler! Strawberries are ripe here but I guess I better wait for another berry to get ripe

I had been able to cut back on gabapentin by using ice on my shoulder but after moving 2 rooms of furniture yesterday I took my morning gaba and now every 2 or 3 letters I type my pointer finger tremor puts in an extra letter. I wasn't sure what's been causing that gift a few yrs but now I know

I think I remember hiker had a friend to take her to surgery

I didn't experience the day to day you guys are going thru with your parents. My dad died early and unexpectedly in Hawaii and getting him back was an mexperience!

But my mom...after raising 6 kids...often without help cuz he traveled for work...she became a ruff old bird. After leaving him she found her nest very close to take univ where she could walk to a church she loved. She worked there for years in the office. She didn't let us know when things started happening. She didn't want to bother us I guess and was so happy to have her own space. She babysat a lot for 6 grandchildren from 3 of my siblings and was close with one son who never married

She had minimal help with 2 mastectomy. I was far away ...a single mom with 2 kids putting myself thru college and one brother w as in coast guard. The other 4 were near her

But she never asked for help until

hiker53
Member # 6046

Have been running around doing medical stuff all day for my folks. So far it has added to over 1.5 miles of walking according to my smart phone.

Took mom to her consult this morning. Found out not only does she have a broken sacrum part of her pelvis is broken. Got her pre-op blood tests done

Will have surgery on sacrum next Wednesday and consult later about the pelvis. Not sure they can do much with that.

Got dad's broken hearing aid fixed. Went to mom's MD to get lab results, but could not get MRI result. Have to fill out release form for that.

I want to know if radiologist missed broken pelvis or if the MD's just didn't tell us correctly until today. Receptionist tried to tell me the sacrum and pelvis are one bone. Sadly, she doesn't know I teach Biology and know otherwise.

Went to try and get mom in with good gerontologist, but she isn't taking new patients right now. I pushed a bit and they said they would call me back in a few days. Sadly, I figure by then one of her patients will have passed away.

Off to take a shower.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Well that was quite a productive day for you hiker. I hope you get the new doc and other stuff falls into place. More and more I have trained medical staff tell me things that are not true. And take b p and temp wrong

Kind of a mess but your parents are really lucky to have you. I hope your brother is able to help out too...

My worker was at the house 3 hrs. But one Hr his 18yo was here working alone And one Hr he worked with the 18 yo while the 16 yo mowed whole lawn for 25.00 instead of 60.00 the regular guy was charging

I 'll post a pic on fb later to show the color. I really love the new windows inside and out

I should have worn my pedometer today...many steps with new boy doing lawn and uncovering new wall. Looks good. No sign of mold. Big thing is when windows come off tomorrow. Also...having to movepotted flowers to shade. It will take them awhile to get over out heat wave

Hope you sleep well tonight hiker. Hope everyone else is ok

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. sure hope they can relieve some of your mother's pain.

AK.. I have wonderful "farm" memories too. They are the BEST!

kayak...Tell me you are finished with all this very soon? Sounds so exhausting.

Hubby took me to my acupuncture apptm today in the city and we had lunch, a little shopping for Sunday School stuff and then had my stitches removed. Everything looks good, except the large incision still hurts. Hope it settles down soon.

No infection .. so that is the best news.

Bad news from my brother in FL .. He is having to put his wife in Alzheimer's care and he has no idea how he's going to do it.

He's also going to sell his home and move several states over to be near one of his sons. It's going to be a tough transition because I think he will have to move her twice.

My FIL just completed his 2 weeks time in Alzheimer's care and my sister in law went to see him today. He was "surprised" that anyone came to see him [Frown] .. then he told my husband on the phone that he didn't remember that his daughter came to see him. So sad!!

[ 06-15-2017, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Mom's appointment went well. Blood work done and a sigmoidoscopy scheduled. Ended up eating out all 3 meals today and feel bloated and miserable from lack of restraint.

[Roll Eyes]

Mom has another unexpected local neurologist appointment tomorrow. Hoping we can hit the gym afterwards.

Kayak-What causes the tremors? I get twitchy fingers sometimes and don't know what causes it. BTW, your Mom sounds like she was one determined woman! Raising 6 kids alone seems impossible to me. My BFF in AK left her husband a couple of weeks after having twins and could hardly walk. She raised 4 sons while on welfare and put herself through college and is now happily remarried and a dental hygienist. Guess some women have super powers!

Hiker-Reading your post almost made me cry! Having had a fractured pelvis and coccyx myself I know the pain your poor Mom must be in. And the receptionist! OMG! What an idiot! Surprised she can dispense 'medical knowledge' to patients and their family members.

[cussing]

TuTu-Please tell me this is not the same sister in law who recently recovered from cancer?! You sure are having a rough time of it with ailing family. Sending up prayers!

I sure am glad that we have each other here on this thread!

Oh.....no exercise today outside of fork curls!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK.. Thankfully NOT the same sister in law!! This is my brother in Florida. He is planning to move to Virginia to be near his son and family.

I worry that he has to move her into a home TWICE! I don't know how he will do it even ONE time. His wife is only 68 yrs old!

PS.. My other SIL is now cancer free.. but still struggling with nerve pain in her arm and many struggles with eating. One day at a time.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--SO sorry to hear about your brother's wife. That has to be a very tough decision.

I called the hospital about mom's surgery because they only had us coming 15 minutes before the procedure and she is getting general anesthesia.

They gave me a corrected time, but mentioned she was having a biopsy which she isn't. So, I had to make sure they had the correct procedure written down. This hospital system they use has made so many mistakes.

On a positive note the gerontologist that I want my mom to go to, but is full, promptly returned my call today and said she would take my mother. So, mom will see her old useless doc one more time at the end of June and the switch over to this new one. Hurrah!

Really weird. My mom is totally confused about medical stuff, dates etc., but she filled out a very difficult financial form with ease. I questioned her on it and we even called the financial institution together and she was correct and I was wrong about something.

I did my balance/strength exercises today for 28 minutes. Even taking 2 days off from them set me back a bit.

I am back at my house until Mom's surgery next week.

LP--Are all your windows finished?

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

I guess we re about half way thru. He has been here 3 days...but total 13.5 hours. It would be so much easier if he could work 7 or 8 hours without leaving for something. He plans to come back tomorrow and two days next week but they need to me not raining

How old is your brothers wife tutu...I'm confused. This is not the one who had throat surgery is it?

[ 06-15-2017, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak3 ]

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Ok I need to start here...tutu that forgetting who visits...my mom would do that all the time. Others forget they had a meal andfuss until they get a second one

A k ...I'm pretty sure my twitchy pointer finger is from gabapentin...when I take my top dose of 900 mg. I often only take 300 or 600. I have a friend who takes 3800...so I don't feel bad when I need the full900. But it does make that finger twitch

Oh hiker finally some good news out new doc taking your mom!

2more Windows in today. Maybe I can text you a pic. I've been planning to get them on fb but haven't yet. So these first 3 Windows will be finished on the inside. Insulated and frames put back. And the last two pieces of siding need to be put on the second wall

Then next week he comes 2 sunny days to do whole 3rd wall with last 2 Windows

It took me so long to write this I see tutu already answered some of my questions. Sorry tute. Jees. I'm 68 this week.

Oh...ps. I want to correct this. My mom was alone because she and 6 kids lived in ct and dad worked in Chicago. He left Sun day night and came back Friday night. So they were married and there was a paycheck and no welfare. It wasn't a leave it to beaver life tho.

[ 06-16-2017, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tablet running very slow today. Mom's appt took too long so missed her 1:00 gym session. No exercise.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The pics look good, kayak. I love blue!

hiker .. glad you have things straightened out with your mom's care.. hope it goes well

AK .. Maybe you can get some exercise in today?

I missed Thursday's exercise. I just felt blah and exhausted all day. Perhaps due to having only 5 hours of sleep?

I took a short nap in the afternoon and then went to the city for an Operation Christmas Child meeting. We are having a big event tomorrow. We'll have about 125 people there to learn more about OCC. Most of them will be project leaders from area churches. We serve an 18 county area.

Today is our 44th wedding anniversary. We will be going out to eat at a fancy place at 4:15. I didn't think to call yesterday, so our only times for a reservation were at 4:15 and 7:30. We chose the earlier one!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Happy Anniversary Tutu!!!! Enjoy dinner with your hubby.

My brother is ready to sue my mom's GP for malpractice. I got the MRI report today from May 26. It clearly states there is a fracture in the pelvis and follow up is need through X-ray or CT scan and that this flagged for doctor's attention. This is only one of her screw-ups over the past few years.

No doctor told mom about this. We found out when we went to pre-op consultation for sacral surgery.

Warm, humid, and windy, but I went for a 20 minute walk today. I haven't gone for a walk in awhile as I have been doing the balance/strength exercises, but it felt good.

Also went grocery shopping for me and my parents.

Am being relatively lazy the rest of the day. I bought some blueberries, but am not motivated, yet, to make muffins. Need to do so this weekend to take some for my mom. (She, like me, is gluten free)

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Oh tutu...happy anniversary. I didn't know til I got here. I'm 2 minutes late

Hiker I hate lawyers and law...it just doesn't ever seem to punish the right pole and reward the right ppl. Doing the right thing doesn't seem to matter anymore

But I'm really happy you are solving problems and I hope it all gets settled soon

My life is mixed up cuz its raining and house isn't closed up tight. Worker got sick and stopped coming. I'm still not sure what to do

Also I have a resident skunk

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Thank goodness my tablet is working today. We did have a power outage yesterday for about 3 hours so must have messed up my WiFi connectivity.

10 minutes each on treadmill, stepper and rower. Thigh workout and also did 30 minutes of Zumba. No ab or arm workout for the past couple days.

Me, Mom and her BFF went power shopping today for about 5 hours in a town about 70 miles north of us.

It's been a busy day!

TuTu-Happy anniversary! 44 years is nothing to sneeze at! You'll have to share your secret of maintaining such a long relationship. Happy too hear you two went out for a fancy dinner.

Hiker-I totally agree with your brother! So the GP KNEW of the fracture and chose to do nothing! That just burns me up! I don't know how in the world your poor Mom could even walk. I had to lay completely flat for weeks for mine to heal and I used a walker and wheelchair to get around when I was able.

Love you guys and see everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Power shopping? What did you buy? Fun clothes?

LP--Seems like your projects always get interrupted when the workman gets ill. Hmm.

Tutu--How was your anniversary dinner. 44 years--wow. You must have married very young, because she can't be a day over 55. [Big Grin]

I did my strength/balance exercises this morning.

Then turned on the tunes and cooked and baked to Fleetwood Mac, Al Jarreau, Chicago etc.

Ran out and filled the car with gas since the prices dropped dramatically.

Expecting severe storms tonight. We need the rain, but not the predicted 70 mph winds or tornadoes.

Off to read and perhaps watch a movie this evening. I still have some sappy Hallmark movies recorded that I have not watched.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Dinner was good, Hiker .. thanks. I should have had the prime rib my hubby had!

Thanks for the compliment. I got married when I was 5 .. or something like that.

Had 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night and headed out at 7 for our OCC event. It went very well and we had fun. I'm tired, but OK. I took a 2 1/2 hour nap when I got home this afternoon.

My sister in law nearly choked last night and my brother had to take her to the hospital. She was breathing but food was stuck in her esophagus.

Later in the night she was able to throw it up and then they did a scope and a CT to make sure everything was OK. They had to put her under for the scope because she began coughing when they tried it.

Poor thing... she's staying in the hospital overnight.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Put some 34-0-0 on the sandy lawn and watered the heck out of it. Rested and went to the library to use their computer and printer to update my resume.

Met ex to pick up paperwork now home and wondering what to watch on TV. Mom is out and Josh is vegging at his place.

Oh, I have a tentative interview at a State Farm office this Monday or Tuesday. They might need someone to fill in while regulars are on vacay and maybe someone part time. The office is about 2 miles from me.

Wish I wasn't so nervous! Really need to update my insurance software skills so this would be perfect.

Just putting it into God's hands!

Hiker-All that shopping and I only bought 2 tank tops and stretchy jeans. Oh and a Star Wars T-shirt for Josh. Now my Mom and her BFF found some real bargains so they racked up!

If I was there I'd be watching that sappy movie with you!

TuTu-I love prime rib! I've been making them at home along with au jus and horseradish cream. I've got one in the freezer now that I'm going to make before my mom and her BFF go to Hawaii in August.

Your poor SIL! Hope her throat will be OK.

Well gang, sleep tight!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. the State Farm job sounds perfect! I'll pray for you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement