LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE...What can you do today? June 18-

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE...What can you do today? June 18-
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Another week of shaking and baking!

Here we go......

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quiet rainy day so far. It's cooler here .. so it's coming your way, hiker!

We had more kids than usual at church, but we were ready for them! We made several things for their dads, so everyone was happy.

I will probably go to the show tonight, but I may not have anyone to sit with. I need you guys!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got the rain last night, so cooler today. More rain later in the week.

Went to church this morning. Sermon was about fear. I have been listening to a weekly series by Beth Moore on fear via the internet. I think God is trying to tell me something.

Vacuumed a few rooms in the house and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom.

I have a good friend spending the night Thursday when she brings her daughter to college orientation here. My friend used to live with me and another woman and they helped pay my mortgage. Such fun times we had.

Did 27 minutes of strength/balance exercises.

Got outside and sprayed my new trees to kill off those bright green Japanese beetles. They really like the crabapple and redbud.

Tutu--would love to go to a show with you. I am not even sure I will get away this summer between my mom's medical problems and my eye surgeries.

I see the dentist for a cleaning bright and early tomorrow. Hope no cavities!!

I will see my parents Tuesday as mom has her surgery on Wednesday or else I would have gone home for Father's Day.

[ 06-18-2017, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope all goes well with your mom's surgery and that they can relieve her pain.

I decided to stay home because the Astros are on TV. That's a rare event .. ESPN. Even though they are number one in MLB, they aren't on national TV very much... at least not here.

They are playing Boston.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Did some laundry, cleaned off the bugs from Mom's bumper and side mirrors and went to the library. Had to redo my resume and make copies of other items. Have everything ready for interview.

TuTu-I wish I could be there! I'd love to go to a show. Oh, me and Mom going Wednesday to see Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. I loved the 60's movie that had Leslie Ann Warren as the lead.

Hiker-Wish I heard the sermon on fear. I had some good roommates in AK but none that I've stayed friends with. We were all single and I learned so much about people and relationships. We were together for a reason back then, all helping each other out in various ways.

I'll let you all know how the interview goes! Please pray for me.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'll pray for a great interview!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK--When is your interview?

Went to dentist. Good report, but did buy an electric toothbrush (sonic)

Worked outside for about 75 minutes, weeding and trimming bushes.

Got my fasting blood tests results back. Cholesterol, while a bit high, is lower than last year.

A1C is in the prediabetes range which surprised me. My hemoglobin was 3 points lower than last year and barely in the normal range. I think I will talk to my physician and have both tests redone after a few months.

Meanwhile I guess I am going to watch those carbs in my diet and add a bit of iron.

Went to chiropractor. Hope not too many toxins get released, but I really needed to go.

[ 06-19-2017, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A k ...good luck with interview. I've been mia and this is first I've heard of it

Hiker you are so on top of things. The worker finally got here this morning 1 3/4 hrs late to close up the wall because bad storms were coming. So far they have gone around us all day. He says he's doing a different job tomorrow then back here wed-fri

When he left today I made a long lust of tests and appts I've postponed for both Etta and me.

I hope I don't regret postponing. I'm worried about Etta. She keeps falling down. She's eating and playing. But her legs are acting wierd. And I don't have to be careful of not giving her snacks. I can see her ribs

They are fitting her in wed but I'm not Sure how they will figure it out if they can't get urine out of her. They say they have to put her to sleep to get the urine

Its my bday tomorrow and not one card from the kids. I know they are busy. And I got 3 cards for mother seat last month. My present is going to knee doc. I doubt he will let me shave my legs and get a pedicure yet since stitches are still making little abcesses because they haven't been absorbed

I think I have too much stress and am not eating right. It will be good to have this guy finish up so I can get on a better schedule and figure out what's going on with etta and my hea5th

Well hiker I hope your trees are o.k.and you have a good visit with your friend

And a k I hope you get a job you want

And tutu I hope you make a friend so you don't have to sit alone

And I mostly hope the moms and dads and fil s are all doing as good as they can

I 'll be happy if we don't lose elec from storms and I have a.c. and fans tonight.

Take care everyone

Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to see you here, kayak. I sure hope they can help Etta. Maybe she has Lyme disease?

It will be great to have the house finished up .. hope it happens soon.

I have plenty of friends, but you can only stand to see the same show an "X" number of times. Because I am tough, I CAN do it. lol .. On Tues and Thurs the star's mom is usually there and we sit together.

On Sunday nights though, she babysits the kids and I am left to fend for myself!

Both of my best friends saw the show in recent weeks, so I'll have to ask others to come .. or don't show up on Sundays. Sundays are actually my favorite day to go. (were)

hiker .. I have to do the same with carbs .. kick them to the curb. Sigh.

Hoping to hear from AK tonight .. with good news!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Happy Birthday, LP!!!! [group hug]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Monday-Well I was nervous at my interview. The agent and one of the staff are really down to earth and would be a pleasure to work with. They don't have a full time position but I can start doing fill in work while folks are on vacay.

I'm going in tomorrow and probably Thursday to shadow one of the ladies to get up to speed on the software and changes.

My foot is in the door!

Thank God and thank you all for the much needed prayers!

TuTu-I don't think I'd ever get tired of going to a show! Seeing something live is so different than watching it on TV. The energy sure isn't the same.

Hiker-Your tests sound pretty good. My cholesterol and triglycerides were way too high but I think it might be from MCAD. Since I started eating again I've noticed a lot of problems that I didn't realize are food related. Have aching joints, fatigue and I swear it seems like neuropathy in my hands and feet. Also not sleeping as well and have more anxiety. Sure is frustrating!

Kayak-Happy birthday! Hope you do something fun just for you!

Poor little Etta! I hope she's OK. Rocky had real bad hip dysplasia towards the end and he kept falling. So distressing when our four-legged family is sick.

Thank you guys for all the love and support! See you tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

YES, YOUR FOOT IS IN THE DOOR!! Big time! You have arrived!

True on the live show. It's sometimes very interesting! The comedian loves to shake things up by ad libbing and the musicians often change their solos. You never really know what is going to happen.

AK... you may need to explore salicylates. It's a real bear, but I can tell you that avoiding them sure makes my life way better. Eating foods containing high sals causes anxiety, depression, and neuropathy. They also degranulate mast cells. It's really fun.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I think I may want to skip seeing all doctors for awhile. Today I saw the dermatologist and as I expected she thinks my rash is rosacea.

I am declining the topical antibiotic that has metronizadole (flagyl) unless it gets really bad.

Goodbye chocolate, although I think mine is more caused by stress and hot showers and being out in the heat.

She did suggest a topical solution for my toenail fungus. Pretty pricey prescription and I think I will wait until the rest of my medical stuff is out of the way this summer before trying it. You have to use it for a year, but I would love to get rid of that fungus and have nice looking nails.

Last time I saw her she did not want to prescribe the pill that my brother took to get rid of his due to side effects, so I do have some respect for her decisions.

Walked 20 minutes.

Am heading to my folks after a quick stop at grocery store.

Later: Just got to my folks and mom said she used to have rosacea. I thought it never went away. I know she never changed her diet, eats chocolate, drinks alcohol (not now while on pain meds) etc. I really think lowering stress is the key for me.

[ 06-20-2017, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. My FIL was given doxy for the rosacea. Not sure which is worse.

Hope things go OK tomorrow for your Mom.

I exercised 42 minutes on the machine today and did 6 laps. I was so happy to be back on my usual machine. I had to use other ones while the lesion on my thigh healed up. It had 5 stitches in it, so I had to be careful what I did.

My joints felt pretty good today, so I was able to do more than usual. Last week when I used the NuStep it made my left hip hurt for more than a week. Never again on that machine.

I went to hubby's show tonight. They all did such a great show tonight. It was very smooth, very funny and hubby had the best clarinet solo I've ever heard on "A Closer Walk With Thee."

The comedian does this thing where he throws his "Karnak" turban off-stage after that bit .. Well, this time when he threw it, they had sound effects like he hit a strike while bowling.

It was so funny! He said he never can go bowling because he always strikes out. LOL.

I'm off to the chiro/acunpuncture guy tomorrow. Can't wait.

Nite, nite everyone.

Kayak had a good birthday as of this afternoon. I hope the rest of her day went OK.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Went in this morning for only an hour and a half. The agent said for me to wait til next week to come in. I learned quite a bit in such a short time.

No exercise today.

Josh invited me and Mom to celebrate his one year anniversary in his new home. Mom had a meeting to go to so I went solo.

So first we went to see The Mummy at the theater and then back to Josh's to grill out. He grilled some steaks and we had red potatoes and an Asian veggie mix. We watched a couple of episodes of Criminal Minds while we ate.

Had a great day!

TuTu-Thanks for the tip on salicylates. I guess when I fasted for those ten days most of my symptoms vanished. That told me right away that they're food related. Sigh.....

Hiker-I've got nail issues too! I thought mine was fungal but derm doc said it's psoriasis. Oddly enough when I doubled my RX antihistamine my skin and nails are looking much better. Go figure!

Well, you guys are way ahead of me on the exercise. Hope I can get some in since I'm not working this week.

Hoping Kayak had a blast on her bday!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard (haven't tried it myself) that tea tree oil helps clear up toe nail fungus.

Had a chiropractor appointment this afternoon, so I'm taking it easy.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Took mom to surgery. Hospital screwed up royally and did not have general anesthesia scheduled. So, mom had 4 holes drilled into sacral bone with versed. She is in so much pain.

Surgeon said that there is more than one fracture in her pelvis and she needs an orthopedic consult. This would have been caught last month has her Gp ordered the proper MRI. I had called and asked to MRI the sacrum and the entire pelvis.

The hospital pharmacy did not carry the wound dressings she needs. Good grief. This is a hospital.

I am so angry, but mainly exhausted for my mom. Nurses were super though and got a good laugh when my mom said, "I am busting out of here at 3:30 no matter what." She had to lay flat for 3 hours after surgery.

So my exercises was strolling the hospital halls and grounds which amounted to almost 2 miles. Large hospital.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man hiker that sounds so awful. Real neglect. Awful. But energy has to go to getting her better. I hope you can sort it out

So...THANK YOU ALL for birthday wishes

The last few days have been a blur. I went to knee doc and got good report on my bday. He said I could shave legs and get pedicure...so after I find time to shave I will get pedi and that will be my bday present to myself.

This morning worker was 1.5 hrs late and he texted he had a few more things to do before he came so I told him it wasn't working for him to do weather dependant projects and to just come get his tools and I would find someone else to finish siding

I said the kids could still work for me and he could do jobs that it didn't matter if it rained. But he got crazy mad and threatened to call police on me...And he ended up swearing at me and saying he was going to take an ad out in Craigslist and tell everyone not to work for me

I spoke with cops and did what they said to do and he got his tools and left. But it was a very stressful few hours.

And I talked to my lawyer and he said with social media ppl can say anything they want and not get in trouble. I remember false advertising and libel...but I guess they aren't things anymore

Lawyer said to let him know if the guy posts about me but doubts we can do anything

Son says to monitor Craigslist and flag anything he says about me

I probably can't fit in checking Craigslist daily but we 'll see

I forgot to take Etta to get cuz today was scary until it was over....and by then I missed appt. She is going the 28th

I have texted with 3 guys who might finish work. None sound great. One is coming tomorrow at 930 and one at530. I'm going to try to get references. The one quote I got was quite a bit more than I planned on paying. He is coming from half hour away. But says he'll do it in 2 days when no rain is forecast and that's worth a lot to me. I hope I can get a good reference tho. I'm still shaking about how my regular guy had such a personality change and got so nasty

I took Etta for 15 min walk when the guy left with his tools. It was about 80 with a breeze and good humidity but she painted for a long time after

Her legs going out from under her is intermittent. Sometimes she wants to fetch and is fine. She's little but jumps up and down on bed and couch and zero gravity chair. She's only six and shouldn't have arthritis like Kris and rocky yet. I wonder if the jumping is bad and how I can stop it. I'm going to try to not worry about her until we see vet

A k sooooo happy the job might work out!

I'm very confused about oxalates. I've been stressed while learning about it and mostly only know to stop almond butter I was eating daily. And stop nuts and spinach. And take mag and calcium. There's so much more but I need to write it down to do it right. I'm good about histamine. And don't know anything about sals except I don't notice as difference when I take aspirin or not

Anyway....I need to finish this last wall and clean up the inside of house and get back to my life. I still haven't even sent in my taxes...or reg and inspected car....

On my bday I got a text from oldest son and call from daughter...we talked for an hour and she shared about having trouble getting pregnant with me for the first time. We have never had many heart to hearts and this felt good even tho it was sad subject

Also my daughter is sending me 4 month supply of my fab organic coffee for bday present

I agree with manna about tea tree oil for fungus. Some say oregano oil also. But if go real slow. They work but can sting

And rashes can be a mcad thing. A couple things hiker wrote felt like red flags to me but I'm so tired I can't remember them. I got awful rash on my back in hospital from prune juice. If I remember what got my attention I 'll post it here hiker

I keep thinking of the elderly relatives. It sounds like torture what hikers mom went thru

I've probably said this before but I broke my pelvis when I fell on my butt in the cellar doing laundry. I landed on a concrete corner. I couldn't walk up stairs from pain. I crawled up. And I used crutches I had for weeks. Doc said I couldn't have broken it cuz I had such a fat ass. He used different words. 6 weeks after he first saw me and after he refused to xray pelvis twice I said I am not a wimp. I don't complain for no reason. I have lived in pain for yrs but I didn't need crutches. I said what if its cancer...he immediately crated it and then made a joke I have fractured it about 8 weeks ago and it was healing fine

What a jerk. So much incompetence in medical field now. But it is so much worse when it involves older ppl who cannot fight for themselves anymore

Hiker...I think you mentioned your dad had some issues too. Is he doing ok?

Tutu...thank you again for the beautiful flower....one good thing about Lyme...it brought us together huh? My wonderful friend. Thank you for all these years

[ 06-21-2017, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak3 ]

Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That is so horrible, hiker. I hear a lawsuit on its way. This is ridiculous.

We have a lot to look forward to in old age, don't we? I don't even HAVE kids to look out for me.

God bless you for everything you do for your parents.

Good to see you, kayak!

Manna... Thieves worked well for me, but I hear that tea tree is good too.

I can no longer use essential oils myself.

I went to the city for acupuncture. I also stopped to pick up a shelving set from Hobby Lobby and a small end table. I hope to get another shelf next week. I'm fixing things up in our condo. I don't like to put a lot of money down for things like this .. so I waited for a sale.

The table will be nice for a little decorating now and will hold my 4ft Christmas tree later.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Me and Mom went to get her will, power of attorney and health directive redone. Then I had a disappointing eyelid followup. One of my lids is a lot lower than the other and if not from residual swelling might have to have one side redone. Hope and pray it's from swelling.

Then tonight me and Mom went to see the Broadway musical of Rodgers and Hammersteins Cinderella! It was absolutely magical! You guys have got to google it or see my post on Facebook.

What an awesome night!

Manna-I'm using tea tree oil for a nail infection typically known as the greenies. Got it from getting bacteria trapped under nail with nail polish. Rx didn't work at all but the oil is getting rid of it.

Hiker-What in the world are they doing to your poor Mom! It's way beyond ridiculous now! Makes me boiling mad! I'm praying for you all and hang in there friend!

Kayak-I'd love to get a pedi with you! I just started shaving the old legs again since my psoriasis has cleared up so dramatically from my doubled antihistamines. I don't get it but I'm not complaining either!

Sheesh...and that worker! Was he the guy putting in your windows? People are getting crazier it seems. Good riddance and hope you find a decent replacement. Oh...and be careful.

TuTu-I'm with you on the lawsuit. Just plain totally unnecessary negligence!

I'm in the same 'no children' boat with you TuTu. I love kids but waited to late to have them (40) and missed out. Things always seem to work out for the best though.

Well, its getting close to 2 a.m. but I had to come by and tell you all of my day.

Later.....

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--Your worker guy sounds crazy. Glad you fired him. I am so glad I have never had a worker like that, but I live in a pretty large town, so it is easier to find good workmen--but not cheap.

AK--Hoping that eyelid does not have to be done.

Mom is in a great deal of pain today. But she refuses to take all 4 doses of her pain medication. I think she feels she will get addicted. So, she only takes 2 doses per day.

The surgeon yesterday was very good and he got mom in to see an orthopedist next week to decide what should be done about her pelvis.

Unfortunately it is set at a time when I cannot take her as I won't be cleared to drive that soon after my laser surgery. Her good friend with a sound mind will take over.

I did call the nurses that took care of my yesterday to thank them for their good job. Yes, I am totally fed up with the treatment my mom has gotten from her GP and the communication in the administration end, but the nurses were wonderful.

Since I have my old roommate coming to visit later today, I drove back to my house and am just going to be lazy this afternoon. I am so emotionally exhausted I don't think I can even exercise today.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow, hiker... I would be exhausted too! Rest up!

I know what you mean about red flags, kayak.

Somehow your post did not show up here until today, kayak. It's so weird online sometimes!!

Glad you fired that guy. What a loser. I guess he's mentally unstable and/or on drugs.

Got my hair cut today and also went to exercise. I did 42 min on the machine and 10 laps.

I also took an angel vase to be re-done with new flowers. I bought it in memory of my mother when she died in 2005. So it was time to be updated! I look forward to picking it up next week.

I'm going to stay home from the show and cook chickens for my salads. (fun, fun)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Another crazy day. First estimate guy didn't show but his girlfriend called later and explained and said he really wants the job and gave me 2 references to call.

I figured out a few things to do while I was waiting for him in garden...and then decided I better figure out what to do to the rocking chair I bought from a neighbor and loved until I contaminated it from the recliner that is burning me again. I got so mad at the rocker cuz I couldn't stop it from burning me I took it outside and scrubbed it with bar keepers friend

But when I rinsed it off it left a white film. Its been sitting outside like that for over a week

Today I washed it with dawn but it didn't come off so I sanded it and wiped it with damp rags

It still had the film...but I dried it in sun and painted low voc satin poly on it and it really looks good. Its outside drying. In gonna bring it in at 11 cuz it will rain overnight. I've used this product a lot and the smell goes away fast

Once when I stained baseboard I had to leave house for 3 weeks but this poly is good

So I have to remember I accomplished that today. I so hope that chair will be fine

So then the second guy that w as supposed to give estimate canceled and I wondered if my worker did say something about me on fb but I couldn't find it

And then....the junk man came. I expected riff raff and woo hoo was he a hunk. He picks up trash 4 days a week. Bar tends 3 nights a week. And sells books for Amazon from home the rest of the time. He was a sweetie and my day was going so bad and he was so different than I expected

After hearing my sad story he said if he could coordinate schedule with his brother who has 2 jobs the 2 of them would work one long day and get the wall done. That would be really nice but coordinating that around rain might be hard. We 'll see

I survived today. Tomorrow first thing I will do is make a list. There are so many things I have let go...and hopefully the phone will ring and someone will will come do the wall

A k I saw the magic on fb first thing this morning. It did look really cool. We have quite a few little theatres and when this house is done I sure hope I can start doing that regularly

Tutu your furniture shopping sounded like fun. The cooking didn't so much. Do you make 2 chickens a week?

Hiker it's great your mom has that friend. I guess you just have to push thru. The incompetence in medical field is getting worse and worse. You are definitely making progress tho.

I'm thinking of sending you a pic in a text of what I think is a chrysanthemum...but I'm not sure. Usually they are annuals here but I have one that bloomed two xtra yrs and there are these two monster plants growing in the spot but Idk if they are mums or just a weed. And I know you talk about pinching off first buds...so I 'll try to send a pic

Ok. I'm going to try to watch an Amazon movie but I kind of doubt I will watch all of it before falling asleep

Take care. Hang in. See ya tomorrow

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Day started off with a new super short pixie cut and deteriorated from there.

My poor little Mom was walking down the steps out to the carport and fell onto the driveway.

I managed to get her to the ER where they gave her CAT scans of her head and neck and xrays of her spine.

She hit her head and has a good sized goose egg and has a compression fracture of her thoracic spine.

So it's me and Mom again and lots of fresh juices and caring for her until she recovers.

I'm so glad to be here for her!

Then when I thought it couldn't get worse, had to meet ex and give him a check for extra escrow amount sent in January. He proceeded to give me a very hard time about the alimony. I didn't just stand there and take it either. I blasted him with truth and stormed off to my car. I couldn't even look at him, made me so sick to my stomach! Sheesh!

You guys hang in there too! Hiker please tell your Mom that my Mom is taking her pain meds every 6 hours as prescribed. They were adamant about pain management and rest.

Night gang!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Good morning. I came to give good news and just read a k s post. So sorry!!! But so good you are there. Sometimes we just don't know why these struggles are put in front of us but I v lived enough to have seen there is usually a reason. I know this is my safe place to rant...and there have been times I feel I would have gone crazy if I didn't have you guys.

So thank you for being here. And I guess all we can do with all the stuff that is going on is to do our best with love. Sometimes it might not look like love...firing someone or yelling at someone but I have to believe if we live our life in a good loving way...and we do something that might look negative on the outside...as long as it comes from a good place it ok

So I just want to make sure everyone understands the guy I fired has worked for me for 2-3 years and he charges less than everyone(25 an hr) and does excellent work. I have never had to call him back to fix something and to be fair his reference way back in beginning said he does good work but his family problems can interfere

That has been true the whole time. But i put up with it because of his skill and I trusted him inside house etc

Also knowing he is raising 6 boys ages 10 to 18 and caring for his wife who is mentally and physically disabled after a heart attack

True...what were they thinking...6 kids in 8 yrs...and no wonder she had a heart attack...but still it is what it is and in a way I felt I was paying it forward putting up with his unreliability...

When it came to the outside job I was Leary because it required he open and close each of 3 walls in between rain. I talked to him. He assured me more than once I was priority and I gave him many chances

I fired him at this point cuz house was closed in. And for him to start last part late...with only 12 he's before rain just put me over the edge

So he's not a bad guy...and he is skilled...and charges reasonsbly...but it just went too far. 2 of his boys were working for me and I hoped they could continue and hoped I could call him for things not weather dependent...but after his nastiness I can't

So my good news is I managed to get good sleep even tho its hot and no a.c. in bedroom...no curtains either...until frames get back on

And I woke early enough to drive to my special bread place while it is cool enough ...Etta has to wait in car 5-10 min

And my roses are blooming so beautifully! I never knew how many I had...its 1 white. 3 red. And 4 pink. And the pink smell so good.

And to top it off...this may be why I slept so good! At 1052 last night...when I was cuddled down...the cute bar tender/ junk man texted that he and his brother would stop by Sunday to discuss them doing the last wall this week

I hope all of the parent stuff somehow falls into place. Take care of yourself friends

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--I feel sick for your mom. I have seen the pain that my mom is in and it is tough!

Lp--Hope the hunky "junkman" and his brother can finish the job in a timely matter.

My old roommate stayed over last night. We had a blast talking. I love the type of friend that you can just talk about anything even if you haven't seen them in several years.

I did my balance strength exercises for 27 minutes. Pulled a few weeds in the front yard and then went grocery shopping.

My small crabapple is being devoured by the Japanese beetles. I sprayed it last week, but need to spray it again once the wind dies down.

lp--your roses sound beautiful. The beetles ate mine last year, so I have given up on them.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Speaking of parents....

Hubby and I will be driving to Texas on July 3rd to see his dad. We are taking that week because hubby will only miss one show.

We will leave on Monday and come back Friday night or Sat afternoon.

We will stay in a motel near his dad and take a little vacation that way. It's about 40 miles from his dad's ranch and it's on the coast.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Tutu I hope driving is ok on 7/3. It would be awful around here. But Texas has more space I guess...I didn't realize Texas had so much coast. I have a pic somewhere of me and surfboard at corpus Christi 49 yrs ago!

Hiker that's awful about your roses. I have been carrying some of my red roses from house to house for 30 yrs I think

Etta and I were at the beach 8.5 hrs today. Away from house 10.5 hrs. It was perfect at beach. About 70. Onshore breeze to keep bugs away. We walked twice...exercise! Yay! Breathed lots and lots of good air. And ended our day with a dog party. I wish I got a pic. All dogs were 6 yrs old. Etta and little boy shih Tzu were 9 lbs. Yorki boy maybe 6 lbs. I can't remember their names but will probably see them again. They are summer ppl. I rarely go to that beach in summer...one of my favorites...where I used to kayak...cuz you have to pay in summer. But today I found out I don't have to pay cuz of handicap sticker. I could have been going there for the last 12 yrs free!

I really needed that day at beach. It was high 80s low 90s at my house...very humid. When I got home my machines needed attention. We have storms tonight and better day tomorrow

My mental health is so much better

[ 06-23-2017, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak3 ]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

HUGE coastline...

I do not look forward to traveling on a holiday. I'm hoping that most people won't be traveling on Monday. They should be AT their destination. (HAHA)

I haven't surfed at CC .. only at Freeport, but somewhere there is a pic of my family on vacation in the late 50's there. We went fishing on the jetties.

PS .. We are actually going to CC .. How did you guess?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

We almost got in trouble there. It was 69. Had a 1yo child. And a tent and hardly any money. Surfboard on top of vw I think. We were going to sleep on the beach. We had no idea we were being watched by large groups of young men. As it got later an older man came up and told us it wasn't safe to sleep on beach. The young guys were planning to take me! The older man was very serious and helped us get a place to sleep and a bank helped us get money from our own bank in Alexandria Louisiana where we lived. We didn't have a clue
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--my cousins live in CC. Have been there many times, but have never surfed.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. You were more sheltered than me back then. I would never have slept on the beach. Were you with a friend or your hubby?

'69 is when I graduated.

Did you surf on Mustang Island? The waves are so disappointing in Texas unless there's a storm.

hiker .. I'll wave to them! lol

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

My hubby. Waves were perfect. All I know was CC
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Mustang Island is near CC .. It's about the only place you might actually catch a wave.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Made pancakes for breakfast and washed Mom's bedding and changed sheets.

Then off to the grocery store after getting Mom settled.

Once home made bruscetta and fruit salad for lunch.

Afterwards went to Lowes to pickup grab bars for the bath.

Then went to Josh's to help him cut his grass. He got a bit of heat stroke so I bought 6 Powerades and after drinking some he feels better.

Sorry guys falling asleep here...

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Slept in today and then went to the library.

Walked and did my balance exercises--about 40 minutes.

I realized I have not walking as much since I started the balance exercises. I think I still need to walk because I love it and then do one set of balance exercises per day.

Great temperatures here--in the 70's and will stay that way most of the week. Still windy, so the grass pollen is giving me a headache.

Getting together with teacher pal later this afternoon.

I was disappointed in the news article the reporter wrote on ticks and prevention. Online version has my picture but actual printed paper does not. Glad he only used 2 short quotes from me.

I told him if anyone got an embedded tick they should go get doxycycline immediately and that Lyme was not the only tick borne disease that Doxy would kill. He wrote go to the MD if you get symptoms and had that it takes 18 hours for tick to transmit Lyme (even though I pointed out that other diseases get transmitted pronto).

I also suggested that after being outside to put clothes in dryer first on high for 30 minutes and then wash them.

Putting clothes in washer does not kill ticks and they can fall off clothes and then attach to other clothes you wash later. He wrote to wash and dry clothes after being outside.

Most of his material was good and at least it will get the attention of people to do tick checks etc.

http://www.pantagraph.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/be-vigilant-tickborne-illness-seeing-uptick-in-illinois/article_69eda6eb-7a6c-542d-9ed1-48db844ba3cb.html?utm_medium=social&utm_ source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

I got up early and slowly and whenmeds were in Etta and I went out. It was cool and breezy in front yard. Shade In morning there and sun in afternoon

I dug out 2 clumps of iris that were stealing all the water from my baby birch tree that is 5 yrs old and finally looking like a tree

I gathered pots and soil settled Etta in the shade in carport and separated the first plant...2 tone purple ones. I had enough for 50 plants! Had lunch and then planted 9 pots with 4 or 5 in each pot. Then we went to Lowe's for more potting soil and it was way too hot in the carport. We took a nap and just waking up now. A lot to do tomorrow. Its supposed to be lower humidity. I'm enjoying having my house to myself even tho 3 windows don't have curtains. I really want to put Roman shades up but all the ones you order online don't have right size. I'm afraid having someone come here to do them custom will be really expensive. I love the windows tho and hope I can figure it out

I'm dragging after nap and might pay bills tonight. I don't have much energy to move around and I have another big bunch of yellow iris to pot in the morning

Sounds like nice steady gentle exercise hiker. I'm glad you enjoy it. Idk what to say about the newspaper guy. I see stuff like that written all the time. At a conference I heard dr Jones talk about a toddler who got bit in sandbox and in half hour had huge bullseye. That happened so long ago but we still have this discussion. If the tick had not eaten in a long time it could take a long time for Ketes to transmit but if it had fallen off a bird or chipmunk in the middle of a meal and then attached the ketes were already in transit and it wouldn't take so long

Ak...you are back to being superwoman...every time you talk about making bruchetta I get jealous. I love it but tomatoes are on my high histamine list so haven't had it in so long. Yesterday at beach I went to this special Italian restaurant that is only open in summer. I got a slice of white pizza with tomatoes on it and felt guilty the whole time...but I didn't react. Once in awhile is ok I guess

Hope that trip goes well tutu. You deserve a vacation. Hubby has a lot of commitments

Well...I can wash dishes and watch the sunset. Nite

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Made an omelet for brunch for me and Mom. Dog sitting so played a bit with Josh's dog Ada.

Went to church tonight at my brother's church. He's in the church band and this weekend was his debut. I was so proud of him. He's playing rhythm electric guitar but no vocals. He was a lead singer in a rock band back in the 80's.

Hiker-I clicked on the link but the print isn't showing. It sounds almost like he was misquoting you. Kudos on the exercise. I've stopped until I figure out work schedule and working around Mom.

Kayak-You're getting so much done! I trimmed down some coleus and dead headed some flowers today. Oh and about the bruschetta, I shouldn't be eating it, what with the wheat, diary and tomato. My Mom loves it so I just end up eating it too. Cutting Josh's grass about did me in! Haven't cut grass since I left ex in 2015.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement