LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you CAN do today: July 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you CAN do today: July 2
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 4th of July! May you sparkle and boom with energy and joy throughout this week.

Still feeling toxic, so decided to skip church and sleep in a bit.

Did manage to walk 24 minutes.

Am baking gluten free muffins for my mom and heading to their place tomorrow for a few days.

Lp--You sound very busy and about to get busier. I hope that is a good thing and I be physical therapy makes a huge difference for you.

Tutu-safe and fun travels

AK--Hang in there. Dealing with the ex must be tough. [cussing]

I did spray my beach towel with permethrin in case I sit on it to watch the fireworks. Unfortunately there is a good chance of rain over the next few days.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8888 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, everyone! Happy 4th!!

I teased my fellow Sunday School teacher last Sunday because she left after the first service and I ended up with 4 kids on my own.

So this Sunday, same thing... She left (thinking we wouldn't have many kids).. and boom, a family shows up with 8 kids! Most were their foster children.

I got three of them in SS .. They were fun and we had a good time.

Next week, my friend will probably stay and NO ONE will show up!!

What's really sweet is the oldest girl (late teens) is the one who encouraged her parents to take in foster children because there was such a great need. Now they have 6 fosters and about to take in another. Several are in the process of being adopted.

Now THAT'S a Christian witness. Ironically, the sermon today was on WELCOMING others.

I'm off to do my packing. Looking forward to seeing my brother and sister in law!

Thanks for the prayers for a safe trip .. It gets wild on the highway these days.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kayak.. I'm glad things are OK for Etta .. now to get you all straightened out with PT... yes, you will be BUSY!

AK .. At what point will the ex be MAILING your checks? I'm praying that is very very SOON!!! You cannot continue having to put up with that.

I'll be right over for the fried rice! [Big Grin]

Hiker... have a productive and SAFE trip to see your parents!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-You all are awesome! Thank you so much for the support.

Did 2 loads of laundry and ironed clothes for work next week. Then me and Mom went to my brother's and dropped off some ground beef, turkey kielbasa and chocolates that were on sale.

Ran a couple of errands and met Josh at an Asian buffet. Ugh....my tummy.....

Hiker-Really appreciated the way you started our weekly thread! Hope we're all able to see some fireworks on the 4th!

TuTu-Wow! That family must have tons of patience and a generous loving spirit. That's a lot of kids!

Hope Kayak is OK.

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. the kids were ALL ages 10-20 .. most were TEENS! Patience needed!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm ok. At hospital. Had injection1.5 hrs ago. Should do scan soon. No reaction to dye...but now I'm reacting to smells...may be hand cleaner....or deodorant. Mouth is tingling. Throat is fine

I just moved to another place. Less ppl and smells

I have never heard of having to pick up alimony check. That is emotionally abusive.

Hope traffic stays good for tutu. SOrry bout the sheets. I always forget something

Hope things go well with your parents hiker. I'm looking forward to transplanting this as afternoon. Its really nice out and low humidity

Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lp--Glad you are not reacting to the dye.

I watered the flowers and vegetables this morning. Picked my first bowl of green beans and blanched them.

Walked a bit. So hot and humid.

Am at my parents now. Drove the back roads and my windshield is splattered with bugs. Where there are crops there will be bugs. Am avoiding the interstate as there is so much construction.

May take a nap before dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8888 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-No call to go into work so went to Zumba to fight the blues. Made me feel much, much better.

Made it to bank early this morning to deposit alimony check and ran some errands.

Josh came over later so we whipped up a batch of chicken and dumplings.

TuTu-My BFF in AK had 5 teenage boys (4 hers + 1 stepson) all at the same time. She used to worry about them eating her out of house and home. Thank goodness they all survived!

Kayak-I sure hope the scan shows no cancer. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Hiker-It's finally hot down here too. Sure had a late summer. I'm sure I'll be watering the grass a couple times a week now.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 4th! I ended up having to take an extra benadryl during test. Mucous started to come. I was in a lot of pain from positioning. Tech was great. It re all is a bucket thing. I don't think I reacted to machine or room or tech but pain and emotional stuff probably put me over edge

I napped when I got home then transplanted a few wild flowers...my goal is to not need weed racking so I am strategically planting wild flowers between baby trees...and fence. they average 4 ft now...some over 7' in 5 yrs!

I also mowed half back yard and went to Lowe's to buy potting soil and mulch. Unloaded half

When I came in I took shower and collapsed in bed. I was so tired I didn't fix Etta her usual gourmet meal...I put the bag of kibble on the floor on its side and open so she could help herself. It wasn't her fav kind so she didn't overdo

I'm feeling a little depressed. I guess knowing all family is together. I was worried about dying yesterday. And only interaction I had with family was to get yelled at. I'm trying to shake it off and move on

I take van back Thursday to remove front seat to make traveling easier. The baby grandson turns one soon. His party is 22nd. I could never manage trip and party but am thinking I might be able to get down there to give him a hug. We 'll see

Also...I'm enjoying watching birds care for their baby in the blue spruce. 3rd bird family this year. They are very skittish...I 've decided not to weed there til babies are out of nest. I just grab a few daisys from the clump that is farthest away

I wish I could hire AK and josh as my live in chefs!

Have a good day everyone!

Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Independence Day!

Went for a 30 minute walk through the lovely park at my folks. So many wildflowers in bloom. Hot and humid, though. We really need the rain, but they keep taking it out of the forecast.

Being pretty lazy the rest of the day.

Will drag my lawn chair out tonight to watch the fireworks if I can see them over the trees.

I head back to my own home tomorrow. I need someone to come kick me in the butt to clean the refrigerator and oven etc.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Happy 4th everyone! Did my ab workout then just puttered around til it was time for me and Mom to head to Josh's.

We had a leisurely holiday of movies, Race to Witch Mountain and The Cobbler. Josh grilled the steaks and made the baked potatoes in the oven. I did frozen corn on the cob.

Later Josh baked a Marie Callendars pumpkin pecan streusel pie.

Saw some neighborhood fireworks driving home.

Kayak-Big hug coming your way! Your yard design sounds awesome. I'm trying to figure out what in the world to do with my Mom's yard. Thinking ground covers for sure to cut down on maintenance. Tried one in a pot this year and looks OK. Do you do root barriers?

Hiker-30 minute outdoor walk beats my ab workout hands down. Not a blooming flower in sight in my room! LOL! BTW, I'm not to keen on cleaning my oven or fridge either.

Anyways gang, meeting Josh at 8 so he can drop his car off at the body shop for a new rear bumper. Haven't heard a word from the insurance agent so not sure if I'm working. Kinda inconsiderate.

Night you guys!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Tell Josh to fire up the grill again. I haven't had a grilled steak in ages. Call up that insurance agent again and tell him you are ready for work!! It is rude for him/her not to call.

Walked 35 minutes in the lovely park again this morning. Cool temps.

Bade goodbye to my folks and am back home now. Guess we had a pretty big storm yesterday that blew my solar lights which line the walk all over the place. So much more humid here than my folks and it is only an hour difference.

I weeded a little bit, but the ground is just too wet to really do a good job. In a day or two I need to get out there and go at it.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

A k I don't know what root barriers are

Today I sorted the junk pile left from house siding project and took short pieces about half of it to dump

It took me til 2 to do that. Then rested got cleaned up to take Etta back to vet cuz her shots from last week made a lump. It moves around. When she's sitting its between shoulder blades. When she's standing its half way to her tail on backbone. Vet said he thinks its ok and will go away on its own but to call him if it gets bigger or starts to hurt her

Dropped Etta at home and had my birthday pedi done

Then got bundled up in old clothes and mowed half of back yard. Done for 2 weeks

Now I'm crashing. Tomorrow is car repair day

Hope tutus having a good time.

Hiker you are so good at getting the exercise in.

I'm beat. Night!

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Agent didn't call so didn't work. Went to Zumba and the library. I bought some great used books. One on rocks and minerals, English grammer and two on gardening. Also checked out Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children DVD.

Cut back more overgrowth along the fence and watered the yard. So another couple hours of exercise. Yay!

Hiker-I agree about no phone call being rude. Sluffing it off with exercise. I don't know how to grill to much so am glad Josh is learning.

BTW, thanks for encouraging me to hit the gym. It's just what I needed!

Kayak-Wow, I'm so glad you're doing well enough to tackle mowing. Looks like you're getting back into the swing of things.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--Sounds like you are getting plenty of exercise with your chores.

Ak--Kids hardly learn grammar anymore at school. I kind of chuckled when I saw you bought that book. Let us know how the DVD is.

I need to use my gift card at family video. I have a whole list of movies I want to watch including Fences, Hidden Figures etc.

Walked 25 minutes. Tried to walk without my trekking poles today (took them along) and struggled. Only managed 5 minutes without the poles and last summer I could do 20-30. I have gotten in the habit of always using the poles, so I need I need to practice without them.

Weeded a wee bit. Since it is midsummer I am respraying my outdoor clothes with permethrin. Started with my shoes and ball caps. Will do shorts and tees another day.

Washed the car, vacuumed it, and them rubbed armour all on the inside. I love a clean car.

Made a meatloaf and now it is time to relax.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Well...not much exercise but I have news(and really I got a lot dine the last few days)

Tomorrow I will get exercise taking last of siding to dump. I put free ad in Craigslist for metal. Storm windows and the guy took all I had plus a vinyl one...he plans to use them all on his house...so that was helpful. Once i get the vinyl out of here I will have saved $100. To pay junk guy to do it.

I spent 2.5 hrs at car dealership they replaced 2 parts that cost 350. The whole time I was making plans in my head to visit grand babies because they were supposed to take out front seat so van would be mini camper and allow me to make 6 he trip to my but at the last minute they told me they couldn't do it. I had no idea they were having trouble. I couldn't believe it I started to cry! I just keep stuffing feelings of not being able to see kids and try to find joy where I can...but it is a hard thing for me

I did find cool gifts for the kids...I can have Amazon deliver. I just really was hoping to see their faces this time when they opened them

I saved the best for last tho. Oncologist called and no sign of cancer. Yay! I have to see 2 other docs to figure out pain...but no cancer is a good thing!

Hiker I thought you were farther...or further...from your parents. I'm sure its a bad drive in bad weather but could be worse.

A k please proof my note to hiker with your new little book!

And tell me what root barriers are please. I agreed not calling you is rude. How will you know if you should keep looking for a job?

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hubby's been having a tough time of it the past couple weeks. Not sure what is going on.

Feeling toxic, not staying in alignment after a chiropractor adjustment, unhappy gut, just general yucky-ness.

He said "There ought to be law against feeling this yucky!"

On the exercise - he says he lifts weight every day, whenever he gets out of bed!

I've been working at pulling weeds in the garden, with the children's help. Sure felt it in my leg and back muscles after working a hours several days in a row.

Want to go out again this evening if it stopped drizzling. Need to finish weeding the strawberries. The garden sure looks much nicer now that you can see the rows instead of a green carpet!

Hubby said he can't wait till he can go out and help - he especially misses mowing the yard.

Kayak, root barriers are something deep enough to keep aggressive plants from spreading everywhere. Like taking a 5 gallon bucket, cutting out the bottom and sinking it in the ground to plant an aggressive plant inside the bucket. The roots can't escape.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--Sorry you can't turn you van into a camper.

But--NO CANCER! [woohoo]

Manname-I need to get out and really weed the vegetable garden. I pay a young man to mow and with 1/3 acre, I don't miss pushing the mower at all.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-No exercise today, taking it easy.

Hiker-I'd like to see both of those movies. Fences was at the library so it's next on my list. And wow, you went gangbusters today! Hope you're relaxing the rest of the day!

Kayak-What wonderful news! Yay!! Cancer free!! Oh and root barriers are similar to a black plastic border that you put into the ground to keep invasive plants from spreading. Oh and I bought the book for business letter writing. LOL!

Manna-Weeding is a tough job! Our lawn is mostly weeds. Am trying hard to revive it with chemicals and watering. In the front it had gone to sand so believe it or not the weeds are a welcome sight. Will put a pre-emergent on it in October. Thanks for helping with the root barrier explanation.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

If anyone is still up I'm stressing over tick I probably had since last night when I mowed lawn. I'm texting pic cuz I can't post here. I posted about it in medical. The docs here will probably refuse to thanks the rest out. I think head is still there. Its behind my knee and I tried to pull it out but I just made a lot of blood and I guess broke it in pieces. They will also tell me one 100mg doxy is all I need

I know a doc in n j that would treat me. 7 hrs away

I don't know one who will treat me here. Anything you can say...I'm ready to listen

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp-glad you were able to get some doxy.

Did not do my usual exercise today. Giving knee and Achilles tendon the day off.

I did clean the refrigerator finally. [woohoo]

Went grocery shopping.

Stopped at Family Video and rented Fences.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-First off posting in medical Kayak. Hang in there!

Zumba and ab DVD today. Stopped at tag office again today to find out what I need to change title and registration of my car into my maiden name. Need divorce papers, title and registration.

Then went to the library again to type up a letter and make copies. Cheaper and more fun than Office Max.

Probably doing dinner tonight with Josh. Mom wants to stay home.

Oh, I called the agent's office and he apologized for not getting back with me. We talked a bit and he said he's talking with other agents for me. So maybe down the road I can get back to work.

Hiker-Let me know if you like Fences. I'm a huge fan of Denzel Washington. How long did it take you to clean your fridge? My Mom has two that are side by side in the kitchen. There's just the two of us here but she thinks we need them. Sheesh!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--took me about an hour, but I didn't do the freezer. Just emptied fridge and washed & dried the shelves and drawers and discarded some outdated condiments.

I liked Fences. A little different from what I expected. Very emotional.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm BAAAAACCKKK!!!

I'm off to a MCAS support group meeting tomorrow .. so I'll see you when I see you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Howdy friends. This will be short. I posted in medical. I liked both those movies a lot. I think I saw them free on Amazon prime but I might have paid. I let myself pay for a few movies when recovering from surgeries

Sooo..long emotional day. All good tho. This tx has to be priority and he warned me about herding. I'm probably gonna hold off on all that p t at least a week to see how I'm doing. Right now...for the first time ever my head feels like its going to blow up. Reminds me of kam...I have never had those sx....hardly a headache...

also..I got the best estimate so far to finish siding and we info as. Really sweet guy. He can do it sooner and for half the price. So really good day. I should be asleep. Didn't settle down til 4 this morning am dead up at 8

Tutu...that was a really quick trip. I don't remember you doing anything except aren't icing at your brothers

Ok. Talk when things calm down. Whew!

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Sorry bout typos....
hiker53
Member # 6046

Worked outside weeding today for over an hour. After lp's experience with the embedded tick, I wanted a hazmat suit. [Eek!]

Harvested more green beans and some zucchini. Cukes are about ready, too.

Tonight I am watching the movie, Hidden Figures. Only enough left on gift card after this movie for one more rental. I don't stream at all.

Glad you had a safe trip, Tutu.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP... my travels were documented on Facebook.

We went to visit my father in law in his new assisted living facility.

We took a few hours off to do a little sight-seeing by the ocean. Toured an old mansion.

Got to spend the night with my brother and sister in law on the way down and on the way back.

Very quick trip!!

Did you eat anything new, LP? Salicylates make my head feel like it's going to explode.

What was that about "herding?" I guess it was a typo, but I couldn't figure out what you meant.

Hope you get some sleep tonight!!

I've been out all day...just got home. Whew.

Enjoy the movie, hiker...I haven't seen either movie.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sharing this with everyone... I know hiker will really like it!

The Golden Chariots

God, bring those golden chariots
To lift me above the gloom.
Let me ride in skies of blue,
Out where the flowers bloom.

Take these misfortunes of life
And turn them into good.
Let me learn from each one
And face them as I should.

You drive the chariot of victory;
You are the strength I need.
You lift me up on wings of faith
And all my hope exceed.

Open my heart that I may know;
Open my eyes that I may see
The love You send me each day
And with it set me free.

"The chariots of God are twenty thousand."
Psalm 68:17

From MOMENTS OF MEDITATION: SHARING GOD'S LOVE, by Fern Coberly.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Hit the gym and did my usual 10 minutes each on treadmill, stepper and rower. Then headed home to do my ab dvd.

Went to ladies Okinawan luncheon with my Mom.

Went to my brother's church and attended a Divorce Care Support group meeting. It was awesome. Took almost the same thing in AK back in the late 90's.

After the meeting stayed for their Saturday 6:00 p.m. service. Sermon was on Amos and totally enjoyed myself.

Hiker-Fences is next on my list to check out at the library. Think I saw Hidden Figures there too! Still haven't watched the movie I checked out yet. Was hoping my Mom would watch it with me, but no luck so far.

TuTu-Glad you had a short but wonderful vacay. Will have to check out your adventures on FB. I enjoyed reading the Golden Chariots. Went hand in hand with my support group meeting tonight.

Kayak-Are you on antibiotics for the embedded tick? Worried about the head exploding feeling. I used to get that early on in my treatment. I had to take a diuretic which helped tons.

Well, that's about it for now. See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement