LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? JULY 9

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? JULY 9
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope your Sunday is going well!! AK posted on the other thread, so go check it out.

Ak.. Is this a different church? Glad you went to the support group meeting.

We had a nice Sunday. Our pastor is on vacation and we have a really nice female minister who comes in to help out. She's really great.

We also had fellowship this Sunday and we had some visitors that we enjoyed having in Sunday School.

Hubby and I went to eat at an "old" Mexican food restaurant in a NEW facility. It is really really nice.

Hope to take a new friend to the show tonight.

Have a restful afternoon, everyone! I plan to take a nap myself! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK--Glad you found a group you liked.

Tutu--I love Mexican food. I normally don't eat corn, but will drop that limitation for good Mexican food.

Walked 20 minutes this morning.

Went to church and ended up yakking for an hour afterwards at coffee hour.

Returned the movie Hidden Figures. It was really good. I read the book and for once enjoyed the movie more than the book.

Stopped at the recycling boxes on my way home.

Am doing laundry now.

So humid out. Forecasters are already predicting storms all week with one inch hail and 60 mph winds and heat indices in the 100's. Ugh.

Years ago I was trained as a storm spotter, since we do get a lot of tornadoes in the area, but once I got Lyme that went by the wayside.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys. I'm waiting for neighbor who brings me groceries so think this will be short. It is sooo beautiful out sunny and 80s and low humidity but I can't really go out until very late with this much doxy in me

Its making me sleep a lot At night and during day and so far gi under control with probiotic and nystatin. Oops gotta go. Back later

Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. I'm back and hiker sneaked in. Read a k s post.

My ex went to one of those groups and met his wife.

Weather sure is changing. The storms a few days ago had 5 tornados in Maine. I really don't remember tornados here at all when I was a kid.

I just worked in kitchen again trying figure out where baby ants are coming from. Could they have come in on day lilies or daisies?

I did find a mouse hole behind stove and neighbor stuffed it with steelwool for me

I think its nap time. When it's sunset I will take Etta for the walk she's been begging for. I think we 'll nap now

Posts: 66 | From new england | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Josh came over and brought a delicious chicken enchilada casserole for brunch. Afterwards me, Mom and Josh went to the indoor flea market and shopped around for about 3 hours. It was so much fun!

Later Josh and I watched the movie I checked out at the library.

So a fun leisurely day!

TuTu-Thanks for getting us going this week. The support group meetings are held at my brother's mega baptist church. They have a gift shop, snack bar and lattes! I'm not used to that at all and have gone to smaller churches. I stay for the 6:00 pm service on Saturday and so far they've been good.

Hiker-I'm checking out new movies this week and the two you got are on the top of my list. I really enjoyed the support meeting and intend to continue and when they start up again I'll go to catch the first 7 sessions I missed. BTW, when you mentioned that you were a storm watcher I pictured you as Helen Hunt in the movie Twister. Had to be exciting!

Kayak-Don't laugh but I tried not to give the two men in the meeting the evil eye. One is leading the meetings. Didn't realize I had that problem until Saturday. I would like to spend months if not years trying to heal myself from all the damage I sustained for almost 17 years. It ain't going to be easy!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stormy today. Only went outside to get the mail and go to the chiropractor.

Spent a lot of time researching new computer and printer. Will have to have them sent either to my parents or to work when I finally do purchase as I may not be home to sign for them.

Nothing in the exercise category today. Splitting headache--good be sinuses, allergies, or my new glasses.

Eye surgery for left eye tomorrow at 11:40. Say a prayer please. I am getting a valium again to get through it.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Starting out the week with a bang! Ab DVD and Zumba today. Then took Mom to her GP appt and then we ran some errands.

Later I went to the library again to use their printer and signed up with Blink Health online. It's a discount drug card mentioned on Lymenet and if it works it save me tons of money. My RX without insurance is appx $140 and with Blink it's $14!

Hiker-I'll be praying for you! What computer and printer did you decide on? I might break down and buy a printer myself. Oh, at the library I checked out Fences and am going to watch it in just a minute.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Hp deskjet 2655 all in one printer (copier/scanner but no fax). $49.99 I will probably get a Dell small desktop. Not sure, yet.

Sometimes at the Dell warehouse you can find good refurbished computers for cheap, although I always buy new.

Maybe Josh can get you a teacher discount. I know I can get all of Microsoft Office for $25 with my teacher discount.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need a new computer and printer too.

Blink sounds great, AK!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Did my 20 minute prayer walk this morning. Got caught in a good down pour but needed a shower anyway.

Zipped to the library.

Had my eye surgery. They gave me the Valium and then I sat forever waiting and I was pretty loopy by the time the surgery happened.

Napped a bit at home, but am up and about now and for some reason I have the munchies.

I would go to Chipotle to grab dinner, but probably should not be driving, yet.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, hiker! All done!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

A k just so you know my ex and new wife were made for each other...I'm very different. He ignore my Lyme. But after a few yrs she couldn't get or keep a job and got dx with Parkinson's. I swear lessons get sent our way until until we learn what we re supposed to learn

Hiker hope you are recovering. I bought a Lenovo last yr with a big screen cuz I watch my Amazon movies on it. Its good for that. No one set it up for me and I'm try I g to learn to use it but I'm not doing very well. Maybe some day I will figure it out

I'm very tired and having odd herx things. I know its good. I have to start writing them down to tell doc

My left pointer finger itches like crazy randomly. Its a psoriatic arthritis sx. Tutu knows about it. I'm trying to figure what triggers it

I'm trying really hard to get house back together. It really is a mess

I made a rule I can't do anything in the garden except pick flowers and water until the house is right

First thing this morning I broke my rule and weeded my roses that I can see from living room

Twice I worked on bills then rested. I promised Etta if walk her when it cooled down but it never cooled down. I think its supposed to be 70s. I have to bundle up to keep sun off me so its hard to do when its hot and humid

So...I'm moving slow. But some can't take this much doxy so I'm just trying to be greatful for that.

Could the doxy make me have the itchy finger?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak...

http://www.webmd.com/arthritis/psoriatic-arthritis/psoriatic-arthritis-diagnosis

I showed my fingers to my doctor and he said something about arthritis but I don't even recall what he said! I'll ask next time.

Could also be RA.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Ab DVD this morning then my 10 minutes each on treadmill, stepper and rower.

Finally went to the insurance office today for a little training. I sure was nervous but am OK with that. Not much has changed system wise so hopefully I can do some fill in work for folks on vacay.

Hiker-I have an HP laptop and was thinking of a wireless all in one myself. Wish ink wasn't so expensive. Josh likes Dell computers also and he's due for an upgrade too. BTW, thanks for the heads up about the teacher discount for MS Office.

Glad your surgery is over and all is well!

TuTu-Blink works great! One RX called in with my new last name and one to go. I won my laptop a couple of years ago at the company Christmas party. Otherwise I'd still be nursing along my old Toshiba.

Kayak-Gotta tell you something weird! I had really bad psoriasis, skin, scalp, nails, etc. My derm doc said that once you have it in the nails it goes into your fingers and toes. Well, when I doubled my antihistamines because of the chest pain, my psoriasis has been clearing up! I've been reading there's a link between mast cell problems and psoriasis. Sure hope researchers can figure it out.

Oh, before I forget gang, the movie Fences made me cry at certain parts. Lot of dialogue and back story, which I love. I kept thinking how in the world can Denzel remember all those lines! It was incredible!

Night all!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Glad the antihistamines worked for the psoriasis. I've also seen the links to MCAS on that one.

What do your nails look like?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Very hot and humid here. Only managed a 20 minute walk.

Went to energy healer so she could work on eye to keep inflammation down from yesterday's surgery.

Went back out to eye doctor's office to get glasses adjusted again. Hopefully this time will be the final time, but since I am taking a friend for her eye exam there on Friday, I can always get them adjusted again if needed.

I always am pretty lazy after seeing energy healer and I am still tired from yesterday's surgery. The surgery was simple, I think I get nervous about it and now I feel relief that is over.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Agree... VERY hot here. My car said 99 today but it was "only" about 94, I think.

Glad you are resting, hiker!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Well, I went exercise crazy today. Ab DVD followed by Zumba. Errands with Mom and then spent at least 2 1/2 hours doing yard work.

Today was chemical day for the lawn. First I quickly raked up the overgrowth I cut along the fence last week and put that in a lawn bag. Used weed killer on vines on fence and cracks in driveway. Then did plant food on bushes and hydrangeas.

Next broke out the spreader and put 34-0-0 on the desert lawn and watered the heck out of it! And of course at midnight it starts to rain.....

TuTu-I have some thickening of certain nails and some are coming off the nail bed a little. I developed an infection in one nail commonly referred to as the greenies. Derm doc said psoriasis played a part in that because of the raised nail. Hoping they'll improve too.

Hiker-You're doing awesome after surgery! I get nervous going to the dentist and eye doctor now. Still hoping my eyelids will improve and I don't have to have another surgery.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--WOW! When you go all out you really go all out for exercise. Your yard will be looking spiffy pretty soon!!

Still have a splitting headache. Energy healer said yesterday it was a combo of sinuses and new glasses.

Had glasses readjusted yesterday and I know energy healer worked on the sinuses as I was toxic last night, so maybe I will get relief soon. She sees colors and blue is usually a killing color and she said she saw blue which means she probably killed my sinus infection.

Purple is for the nervous system and she saw a lot of that. Also a lot of white light which she calls Christ's light as it contains all the colors and is not very common. I always find the visits to her very interesting.

Walked 24 minutes this morning--so humid but will cool down tomorrow.

Cleaned out a few drawers and cupboards and ran a couple of errands.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

Thaks tutu...I like that diet...eat lots of whole grains and fish:(not sure the diet will like me tho)

Many of the labs have always been neg for me...sed rate ra bone density...but they said my maternal gram had ra...but she died over 60 yrs ago...Lyme wasn't on the radar ...oncologist offered to send me to rheumy for rib...I hate rheumy s but...Idk...first tx is lose weight...ha...and eat high histamine foods

I'm in detox bath. Saw 2 docs today...went well 2nd visit to chiro...2 days ago he examined rib and said it was twisted. Used the tapper thing. And for 2 days I didn't wake up in severe pain. He also confirmed my leg that had knee surgery in Feb is 1/2 in longer than other one. So today I saw a podiatrist...finally a professional office...and she agreed it was half in longer and sold me 2 heel lifts for 8. I have one in and need to start the other when new achiness stops. Chiro was glad and treated me. This time it hurt. He said he knew why. Now I only see him once a week. Podiatrist in a month. Its 35. An appt now. Almost twice what it was. I haven't started PT yet either

A lot. House totally on hold but getting cleaner.

Oh chiro also noticed how tight my neck is and worked on that. That's been awful...even before tick bite. I hope his magic clicker or is it a rapper...hope it helps

Had a bad interaction with 2nd son. The one with babies. I think he is working so hard and doing so much parenting and working so many hours he's going a little crazy.
He was mean to me but I don't think he even knows it

He makes fun of me and says I make myself sick. I know many with Lyme and mold and histamine have this happen with family.

I was trying real hard to get van ready to go to NJ around grand sons 1st bday....but I know I can't risk it. If he was like that to my face I would fall apart and not be able to get home

So I'm gonna follow whatever health things I can afford that seem to be working

And relax by playing in garden when it rains(cuz of doxy and sun) and plug away at inside of house when its sunny

Sometime before October I have to do taxes. In not sure if I can do that chest surgery. We 'll see.

This is a great weekend for yardssle...100k ppl coming to NASCAR race. They pay a lot for my junk. But I'm just too tired

Ak have your nails changed? Could you message me pic on fb if they didn't. And describe. Thx. I've noticed changes but I'm so used to dermatologists saying nothing is wrong with me I push it away.

I don't see any reason I can't double zyrtec and pepcid...doc already said I should if I had sx...and this is so wierd. Most of my life I was very allergic to ragweed in fall. The last 5 or so years no sx. Now when I'm taking a ton of antihistamines I'm starting to sneeze

It used to happen in Sept all my life but last yr I noticed the ragweed blooming in July. Climate change again I guess

Oh...Ak just read about your nails. Mine are not like that. Changes in the moons and vertical stripes

Hiker...I'm really glad you're doing ok and can rest and have a friend to trade off driving to eye doc with. That is really helpful. I was pretty much ostracized at work cuz I was obviously so sick. So no friends

Today after podiatrist I held a door for a woman with a waljing stick. It was quite large like a tree branch but she was sort of using it like a tight rope walker...never saw that in my life.

She talked a lot about pain and all the things she couldn't do. I have seen ppl with similar gait at Lyme meetings but never alone.

I asked if she had ruled out Lyme and of course she tested negative. I told her it might be a good idea to rule out Lyme with better doc She shared more than I wanted to hear. She sees pain clinic and psychiatrist...I gave her good Lyme docs number but said they might not take insurance. It was hard to tell how much might be Lyme and how much might be pain or psych drugs. I called the doc to see if there is an active support group but they said they didn't know of one

I tried. Maybe something will come of it.

Again I am awed by a k s exercise habits. The other day I read about a weed killer you make at home with vinegar and something else...but I can't remember. Anyway...see you tomorrow I guess

[ 07-13-2017, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: lpkayak3 ]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to hear from you, LP... I'm not sure what diet you are talking about, but I know I can't do grains and fish.

Next time your son starts being mean to you, you need to hang up. That is not acceptable and he needs to learn it.

Went to exercise today and did 45 minutes on the machine. Yes, I said 45! [Smile]

Also did 10 laps, for good measure.

I went on Tuesday also. I had to go late because hubby and I went to the city. Had my acupuncture apptm and then we had a nice lunch at a place we don't usually go to.

Tuesday I did 35 minutes on the machine and 6 laps. I did less that day because I had been off for about 10 days since we went to Texas.

I bought a new weather-resistant "carpet" for my balcony. I got it put down today and it looks nice. It's aqua and white. My cardinals better not poop on it! [Big Grin]

Went to hubby's show tonight .. it was great, of course!

Nite, nite, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

I can't sleep. That's the diet from webmd link you posted tutu

He's 45. He's not gonna learn it

He had a hard child hood but its no excuse. And no where as hard as mine or many others. I think it is my failure as a mom and my excuse is being overwhelmed and sick. I don't have it in me to correct him now. Maybe he 'll get it maybe he won't. I just need to be around positivity. Right now he is not that. He would apologize but not change. I'm just too tired

But thanks for caring about me my friend!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's a shame. We keep thinking people will grow up.

Well .. just ignore a diet like that. Grains have got to be the worst thing for RA or any kind of arthritis. Lectins are in grains, for one thing.

I hope I can sleep... I'm off to find out! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked about 30 minutes. Very pleasant out.

Grabbed a few groceries. Cleaned kitchen and bathroom.

Am at eye doctor. Took my friend to her appointment and got my glasses adjusted again. Hope this time the adjustment works.

Going to be lazy the rest of the day.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Went to a funeral at our church today. One of our very long time members passed away. She was 91. Very strong but but very kind woman.

We're going to miss her!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Worked in the garden and watered my flower beds and small trees.

Cooked up a big pot of spaghetti sauce to freeze.

Ran a few errands. 4 books were in the library for me on hold. Have a week to read them. Better start now!

Have been up and down the stairs a lot doing laundry.

Rented the movie: A Secret in Their Eyes.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak3
Member # 43569

I think I missed a few days. I've managed to take Etta on at least a short walk every day

But I have ignored my rule about no garden time until my house is clean. I've been weeding and transplanting and mowing just a little. The girls down the street who used to shovel snow are old enough to mow so I wanted to make a path so they knew for sure what was lawn and what was flower bed

Hope it works out with them

The chiro this week said the rib that gives me pain is twisted and he's working on it with the tapper thing...but it's 35 each visit....I can't do that twice a week so I hope it gets better fast. It was him that referred me to podiatrist

Etta wants supper. Gotta go. Take care!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. does he use his hands for any of his chiro work? I seem to do better without a zapper, (my term for those things!)!!

Hope he can get your ribs back in line. I know mine are twisted a little bit too. I get in pain sometimes when I shower .. reaching around to wash my back.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Too much exercise, down for 2 days! [Frown]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Hope your perk up soon.

Don't waste your time watching the movie: A Secret in Their Eyes--very dark. Next time I need an uplifting movie or a comedy.

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement