LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-What you Can do today: August 13

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-What you Can do today: August 13
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still really great weather here. Upper 70's, no wind and sunny. Nice to give the AC a break.

Went to grocery store this morning and loaded up on organic meats and gluten free items with my coupons. Figured I would not get to this store for a few weeks with school starting as it is further from my house.

I did not use the coupon for a free bag of potato chips. I have until October to use it and might need it after a rough week at work. [Big Grin]

We have two days of teacher meetings starting tomorrow and the kids show up on Wednesday. I also have Parent Open House tomorrow night. Going to be shock to my system to go back to working 9-12 hour days and getting up at 6:15.

I walked 25 minutes with my trekking poles.

Watered the gardens and newer trees. That takes me almost an hour.

Quick in and out at the library.

I have one more load of laundry and I am going to relax the rest of the day. Reading and watching the last day of the World Track and Field Championships. I used to be a runner so have really enjoyed watching this.

Have a blessed week! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has been wierd day. I was exhausted when I got up at 8. Got breakfast and supps in but still really tired. Managed to get dressed and outside by noon when guy was stopping by to measure van for bench he is making me. Took Etta on short walk on the shady side of street before he got here.

When he left I did some weeding and watering. It was breezy and still shady where I worked

I raked up what I weeded and was too hot before 2 hours was up

Took shower and had leftovers from last night and then fell asleep.

Cleaning lady called to ask if she could have yard sale here next weekend. I found out both son and grandson made it to camp

Neighbor is bringing me groceries I think. I'm trying not to fall asleep.

Hope you get a good class and the week goes well hiker

Hope your resting tute

Keep on keeping on A K.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. One more year! You can do it! Yes, it will be a shock to your system. I know I used to get sick or feel horrible during the first few weeks. I don't even know how I taught that long.

Best of luck!

Kayak... Hope you get the van fixed up and groceries too!

I'm totally worn out. Had two hours of sleep last night. I think breathing in all the stage fog from the show on Friday night was really hard on me. Sitting on the front row has its drawbacks!!

(the fog is a type of phenol .. bad for those with salicylate issues)

I'm going to a new show Monday night. I've been wanting to see it, but just haven't had time to get there. It's at the same theater where hubby's show is. I won't be on the front row!!

Things are going well with Operation Christmas Child. Donations are coming in hot and heavy! Someone gave me $100 today to buy what else we need. School supplies! They are still on sale!

I'm off to call my brother in Florida .. bye bye!!

How to Pack a Shoebox!

https://video.samaritanspurse.org/discover-the-fun-of-packing-a-shoebox-4/

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/pack-a-shoe-box/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-My brother and I worked on friend's car battery issues. Taking her car tomorrow for an oil change. Stretched the truth and told her was getting a real bargain, practically free. Wanted to help.

Got mirror and picture frames ready to spray paint tomorrow. Also put chemicals on lawn. Ran some chicken soup (Mom's)to Josh who's under the weather.

Hiker-Wish I would get motivated to work out! Glad you got a walk in today. Josh is having a hard time adjusting to his work schedule too. Hope you have a great first week back!

Kayak-It's good to hear you're getting out and about. How's your knee doing? Are you still contemplating shoulder surgery this year? My left shoulder is a mess and I have to be careful using that arm. Shoulder surgery is high on my list once I win the lottery!

TuTu-Sad to hear about you being so sick when you had to start work. Think it was stress? I always feel worse when I'm stressed out or don't have enough sleep. BTW, those links were awesome!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK.. Stress and MCAS .. or Lyme, or whatever you want to call it. It's been with me a long time.

So you fixed your friend's car? .. sweet!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--How many years did you teach?

Just got home from a 12 hour work day. Teacher meetings and Parent Open House. Exhausted.

More meetings tomorrow and I think by the time the kids come Wednesday all of us teachers will be ready for a break. LOL

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8876 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Up early to get that oil change then errands with Mom. Dropped off friend's car later this evening. She doesn't know I funded 'Operation Clunker'. HeHeHe!

TuTu-Thank goodness my brother fixed the battery connections but his hands were too large to attach the rubber bungee cord to stabilize the battery. It took both of us to do it.

Hiker-12 hour days! Sheesh! I feel for ya! Thank God you only have the kids three days this week. Josh started his online classes today and called me to talk about a plan to not get overwhelmed. He didn't realize two classes are accelerated and the syllabus is daunting. I mentioned a desk calendar for his class deadlines, etc. Also threw in me and my Mom to help with house stuff and laundry, etc. If he's good an occasional home cooked meal too!

Anyways gang, I'm pooped and just took Inositol and Melatonin to help me sleep. Night!

[sleepy]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6134 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Teachers work hard.

I had a great day. Except the part of talking to my sister. She came home from hospital but is in bad shape. She has a stent hopefully holding huge kidney stone where it is so abx can clear up her infection. In 2 weeks she sees urologist to plan. The blowing up the stone part. Tutu knows correct term. At any time it could start to pass and she will be very sick. Her son can sleep at her place and she has a plan about how to let ems in if she is alone...she lives in condo on 2nd floor. She may miss a month of work from this. She has a very demanding job...I'm sure she's worried about what's happening at the office

I was able to Amazon her vsl3. She had picked up probiotic from CVS and didn't know much about them

But. The good part of my day was gi appt. It was follow up from diverticulitis but ended up as something else. He had not been notified about we visit but I had discharge from er plus copies if all tests. He referred me to urologist for kidney stones. He ordered ultrasound for liver cysts. He showed me exactly where I would feel pain if I messed up the hernia...I'm pretty sure I did that moving first 10 totes. AND!!! He said I could stop one omeprazole since the pepcid seems to be controlling reflux sx in morning. I had been on 4 omep a day for a long time and I got down to 2 a day ... I think eating low histamine helped and sleeping upright cuz of shoulders helps...so I'm really happy about that. If this goes good I think I might try to replace last one with a pepcid also. I would live to be off omeprazole

I was just so happy to be taken seriously...he's no Dr afrin but he had some understanding of histamine and why I was prescribed pepcid...and after checking my last endoscopy he said he was ok with me cutting out the one omeprazole

I told him primary said none of those things were important...I just had them cuz I was old. He said maybe they are maybe they aren't important...and this is how we figure that out. I asked if he could find me an old urologist who can answer a question without asking a computer...and he found one. Who didn't really want new patients but agreed to take me.

So I just felt happier the rest of the day.

I went home and got Etta and took her to beach for 2 walks...we met a couple who had a dog they said looked just like her

Sooo. Settling down to bed. Have a very long to do list...but I'm ready to tackle it...one line at a time

Ps...a k. I'm not looking forward to the shoulder surgery...but I think I will have to have it cuz I'm so disabled. I can't face it now tho

Plus...the ER report showed problem in my lungs that come from too many surgeries

But now I have the one to fix the extra skin left from mastectomy scheduled for October

That is supposed to be easy. I Hr anesthesia. Same day or one nite in hosp. Maybe next spring I 'll start thinking about shoulder again. Today at beach I saw a kayak just like my very first kayak. Ok. Nite.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. great job on the car!! What does Josh teach?

Hiker .. 21 years.

LP .. Sounds great about the doctor! I hope you do OK getting off the omeprazole. I can't do it. I've tried and tried. Just too much pain.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ak--you are so sweet to your friend. Hope Josh holds up. Taking classes is rough when you are teaching.

lp--Glad you can keep going to the beach and that you like your doctor.

I am not exercising today. Feeling very toxic and 8 hours of work was plenty for me. Kids come tomorrow, so I hope my legs don't feel like lead like they do today.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I couldn't call asleep until 5 am. Not sure why. I took my pills.

But I'm having a really hard time getting thru these few totes. They are a little moldy but I wear a mask and after a few hours strip and shower and w as h hair and do something else

I woke at 9 and had breakfast at 10..and couldn't do more by 3

After shower I figured out how I can get into back of van where bed will be. I need a step stool but I can do it. Its pretty squishy...but I think it will work for what I need. I'm able to sit up less and less. I need to lie down a lot.

I have to figure out how to hold my screens up. And where clothes food chair and other stuff will go. If i had a 10x10 screen house I would be very comfy.

Tutu I asked doc if I could stop cuz since I started pepcid every morning I never get sx and I already stopped the omep but wanted to be sure he was ok about it.

I'm just really dragging but I did make 3 more garbage bags of stuff. I'm having a real hard time thinking how to sort stuff and I guess that's the mold

Maybe I 'll get motivated when humidity goes down and cleaning lady runs her Yard sale here Saturday

Hiker...I'm just going to send you all the energy I can imagine. I still don't know how you an a k do so much physical work

And I don't understand how all of you are so social. The interactions wear me out

Oh a k. My daughter s dog is much happier...And so is she after getting fleas under control. I hope you get rid of them there

And I have news. My sisters grandchild is auditioning for American idol Thursday. I don't understand it but she has a "skip the line pass" ... Whatever that is. I guess its good. She's a very beautiful girl...will be sophomore in high school...incredible voice. She plays piano too. I don't usually watch that but I guess I will this year.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hope you feel better soon, hiker and LP.

The news about your great niece sounds wonderful, LP! I always watch American Idol. I didn't watch it very much the last year, but now that they're bringing it back, I hope it will be better.

That Nikki chick killed American Idol the year she was on it. What an imbecile.

If your niece was allowed to "skip the line" then they think she is really good, LP!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Wow, lp. Let me know if your niece gets on American Idol and when it will be.

LP--I am actually not very social. I have a few friends I see, but I am mostly a homebody.

I think I picked up a virus in the past week or so probably at my parent's retirement center. Energy healer told me she worked a lot on my digestive system and I bet she started the killing process.

I had a low grade fever several day in a row--Fri, Sat, Sun but thought it just might be due to working outside. Guess not.

Need to be ready for work tomorrow. Not missing first day of kids.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't been here because I haven't exercised, ha ha ha.

My middle of the month herx caused a weeklong headache, non stop runny nose, exhaustion, and agitation towards everybody and everything.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can work with Lyme disease.
Up and down. Everyday is questionable. No rhyme or reason.

Today I did resistance walking, worked quads, biceps ,triceps, glutes, abdomen, and back. 1 1/2 total time. Feel productive.

Took 20 min. Epsom salt bath. Body feels relaxed.

I have so much muscle loss. Makes me upset. My bones don't feel strong. Scared I ll break a bone with no muscle to help the load. Doing the best I can.

P.S. To hiker53

If you were off of work because of Lyme, how long did it take you to return to work ? Thanks.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Read all the lovely posts. No exercise for me today. Have to get up in about 4 hours to take Mom and her BFF to shuttle bus office for the first leg of their trip to Hawaii!

Off to bed gang!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Bonnie.. great job on all the exercise!

I actually forgot to go to exercise today at my usual time. Then I decided to go to our church and work on OCC stuff.

Counted items and took the packaging off the scissors. Sure hurts my hands to do that! Ouch!

We now have 729 pencils!

AK .. I wish I could go with your mom! I've never been to Hawaii .. probably never will. It's one place my mom always wanted to see because she loved flowers so much.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wow. I got myself up and out and systematically began to attack the totes and I hear angry voices on the other side of fence. 2nd time I've been aware of ppl whose car was confiscated after accident or arrest or something breaking into yard its held in next to me. Most likely there's drugs hidden in car and they want them back. I feel scared right now. Afraid bullets are gonna fly. So I'm hunkered down in bed with pillows stacked against windows facing that way

My neighborhood is so nice...but guns go with drugs and I feel like I am too close now

I wanted to get farther along before taking a rest...but its ok. I'm lying down in good air so it could be worse. I've been very reactive in new ways last working on this batch of totes.

Tutu...I have rashes on my face and back...back is very itchy like when I was in hospital and broke out from prunes.

My tongue is tingly a lot even when I haven't eaten ...so I guess it must be from dust in totes

Last night I needed benadryl on top of hydroxy...and I took extra zyrtec and pepcid just in case

And on top of everything I can't find box of old pics of relatives...real old...early 1900s...my son was going to pick them up tomorrow on his way home...I think they have to be here but I can't find them. I lost my hair curlers too...and I have been really frizzy for weeks. I guess if I don't feel safe outside in an hour I will slowly go thru house looking for
Them. It might take the rest of the day. I'm so tired of this

Hope hikers day is going well...sometimes they are on best behavior first day

I guess I 'll try to nap. I'm just so tired and I thought I would accomplish something
Today....kinda bummed out.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP... You can react even when not eating .. not eating can raise levels of histamine. Or perhaps you ate something that did it?

OR.. You are reacting from the stress of the event going on in your neighborhood.

hope you are safe!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--stay safe. Hope you get some time with your son.

Felt better today. I can tell a few classes are going to be stinkers, especially my last class. Classes of 30 or more are just too big.

Some really nice kids, too, though.

No exercise. I think I will not worry too much this week about exercise. Way too tired after work.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I found the old pics!!!! Yay! And I got them ready to scan at Walgreens so I will have clean pic and son will take originals.

Didn't find the curlers but I think I 'll buy a small pack later when I go to scan them

There were so many sirens today... I feel safe in my house. And most of neighbors are coo. There's some elderly who don't think I should garden in wheelchair... But I'm not afraid of them!

I'm resting and watching country music on tv to 9. They told me the machine wouldn't be that busy after 9. I'm very slow with this stuff so didn't want to go when it was busy

Tutu...I didn't mean to say I didn't eat. I eat but I'm very strict with histamine. And I've checked my regular foods with oxalate list and I'm pretty good there too

I'm pretty sure the tingling is coming from mold in the totes. Not a lot...you can't see it.. But I sense it.

I'm very happy I'm getting this done

They are starting to say it might rain on Saturday. I'm not sure if that will stop my friend from doing yard sale. I was too busy with pics to find a lot of Yard sale stuff. I have 5 totes I think but mostly junk I will give away

Sunday I have to move flower pots and patio chairs out of the way because the guy is supposed to side that last wall Mon and tues. That will reduce stress too.

Oh...and today the man that was building my bench for the mattress in my van brought it over. Its perfect. Next week I 'll try to figure out where to store stuff.

Hope things keep going good for all of us

Class size is so important...20 makes more sense

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. Teaching IS exercise!!

LP... Just making sure you had heard the part about histamine can be high even without food.

That is AWESOME about the van! .. and the pics .. nice to have clean copies!

We had church council this evening.

Now I'm watching the CMA Fest .. wonderful!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Few hours of sleep today but got my Mom and her BFF to the shuttle office. Bought a steak and egg biscuit and large coffee from Hardee's and had half for breakfast and the other half for lunch.

Finally painted my second hand mirror a matte gray along with picture frames and matting I spray painted white. They're hung up above my chest of drawers and look great!

Did some cleaning and 3 loads of laundry for exercise. Packed and ready to head to the beach tomorrow.

TuTu-I've only been to the airport and would love to go myself. I almost went one year when I lived in AK. Lots of folks go there for vacation because it's not that far away. Came down south instead to see family.

Kayak-Drugs are everywhere it seems. Our neighborhood is very unsafe but closest neighbors are wonderful. We keep an eye out for each other. Did you get to visit with your neighbor yet?

Hiker-I agree with TuTu, teaching is exercise! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Looking forward to Dauphin Island's slow pace.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I started the day with a headache (which disappeared quickly) and ended it with a low grade fever. Hmm. Can't figure out what is going on, because I feel pretty good today.

Had a good day at school. Taught about the eclipse and did some activities with kids about it. Was able to walk around without my walking stick a lot today.

Sometimes when I feel good then I crash and burn the next day, so praying that doesn't happen as I have a lab for the kids tomorrow.

No other exercise today besides teaching.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. the mirror sounds beautiful! When do you go to Dauphin Island?

I have great news... my sister in law just had her 6 month checkup and she is still cancer free!! And hubby has been told that he has the lead position in the show he's been playing "2nd" for .. Long scary story on that one...but it turned out OK. They start up again in Sept.

[ 08-23-2017, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. darn! Sure hope you will be OK tomorrow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu that was good thx. Sometimes the sound on my phone is really good and it was with this song

Hiker...hope you figure out what's going on ...and I hope kids behave!

A K I loved seeing your pics on fb...that looks like my kind of place...not too many ppl

My son just left. He got here about 4 yesterdsy I guess. I was in Walgreens for3-4 hrs copying the old pics...and I had an attack in the middle and had to put on mask and take benadryl

The house is a mess and I told him that. But I didn't realise how messed up my body was. He uses scent free soap for me and I never reacted to him b4 but I did this time...deodorant I think...maybe laundry soap

He did a bunch of little chores for me. One was to take old tv out. It w as in room with perfume. I guess the perfume got on his clothes and hair cuz he brought it to the living space...he sat in the only chair I can use now...and I got sicker and sicker
I tried to explain but I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm crazy

This morning I tried to explain about bucket theory and he understood concept but Idk if he believes it

I'm feeling very strongly I have to plan to go thru the rest of my life alone with only internet interaction

I finally just listened to all the problems all the family members have and how their regular doctors meet p trying treatments that don't work

All the men have beer bellies...even tho most don't drink. 2 of my kids use substances and 2 don't. He's one that never did. But he does what doc says.

When I reminded him Lyme could be back...a new neck pain is one of biggest problems...He's not a fighter...he just totally tuned out

I know I just have to do the best I can for me and give up on them. I did text him wheat belly books....by I just have to give up

Now I hope I can get the perfume smell gone...its every where and I'm reacting...and I hope I can fix my chair...omg. I really think I can't let ppl in my house anymore. Even the ones I love dearly.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's so sad, LP. I know how you feel. Walgreen's a a tough one for me and so is deodorant .. esp men's .. yuck!!

Why do you have perfume in your house?

I sure wish there were more solutions for us. I just came back from our pharmacy. About 10 days ago it smelled really bad in there. The employee said to me that sometimes they have to spray.

I got out of there quickly. So early this week I went back and it was "better" but still bad. I spoke to the owner/pharmacist and she said they had NOT sprayed anything and they wracked their brains last week trying to figure out why I was so affected by something in there.

She ended by telling me that anytime I can't come in, they will bring it to my car. Good to know since they don't have a drive-through. I was thinking last week that maybe I should go back to Walgreen's again and use the drive-up. Hate it though!

Hang in there, kayak ...

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

News Flash

It was noted in our church council meeting that the janitor killed a copperhead snake in the LADIES restroom this week!

I want to know how it got in there!!! Where there is ONE, there is usually ANOTHER!

[Eek!]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--Hang in there. Glad you got to see your son.

Tutu--A copperhead. Oh my!! No poisonous snakes where I live.

My Prime Mail pharmacy merged with Walgreens and I am not happy. The generic clonazepam I take which has worked great for years was switched several months ago to a different brand and now again to a different brand. Not sure how I will react to the red dye in this pill. I always call and get the inactive ingredients.

Did lab at school and then we took the kids out to play Team Machine (charades where groups get a type of machine and work together to act it out).

Went grocery shopping and am totally fried. Time for dinner and relaxation.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker ...um...yes, there are!

[ 08-19-2017, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hello, hello! Well I couldn't figure out how to use the wifi at my hotel Thursday.

Had a wonderful overnight vacay but am sunburned again!

My Divorce Care buddy is coming over today and is supposed to spend the night. We plan on going to our support meeting and church. Then later a gab fest and a movie.

I just finished watching the tail end of 'Seabiscuit', which I love!

Hiker-Hoping to talk with Josh about the eclipse. He has to work, no kids though, and I'm hoping I can visit him and bring some viewing glasses. What are you gonna use to view the eclipse?

Kayak-Smells bother me off and on. I hope that you can still see friends and family. My Mom wears hairspray and uses a bathroom cleaner that I can't stand. Have to open the bathroom window!

TuTu-A copperhead! OMG! Hope that's the only one! Looking forward to checking out the link that you provided!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

So glad there are no poisonous snakes here. A few hours north and south there are plenty but where I live there are just garter snakes, bull snakes, corn snakes etc. No poisonous ones.

Tutu--stay out of that bathroom!

I walked 23 minutes, went to the library and did a lot of cooking/baking this morning.

Did about 30 minutes of yard work including pulling up the rest of my vegetable garden except for 2 sorry looking tomato plants. My last loaf of zucchini bread for the year just came out of the oven.

I noticed after my walk that I had a fever again. 99.7 I think my body is trying to normalize and go back to the way it was prior to Lyme.

Before Lyme I never sweated, so had to be very careful outside in the heat. Then once I got the infrared treatment I would sweat out toxins like crazy. So, I am hoping this is a good sign that my body wants to be normal (at least normal for me) and is not an infection.

But, realistically, it is probably some sort of infection that I can't seem to shake. I keep getting headaches off and on, too, but otherwise feel pretty good.

I have a lot planned for the kids for the eclipse. They will have the proper eyewear, but we will also use the pinhole cards to cast the shadow.

Kids are making ultraviolet light bead bracelets Monday morning. They are white in the dark and are rainbow colors in the light. So, we will see if the eclipse causes a change and they can keep those as a remembrance.

My pinhole card is on cardstock in the shape of Illinois and they can put the hole where our town is located and keep that, as well.

Will send some students to stand under a tree and the gaps between the leaves will cast the eclipse shadow on the ground.

We will also collect data on the air temperature.

A friend brought me a US postage stamp with the moon on it. It turns dark when it is cool and brightens in the sunlight. Really neat.

Unfortunately the weather may not cooperate with all of my plans as it is supposed to be mostly cloudy here with a chance of rain. And we would be about 93% totality. If we can't go out we would watch it live streamed.

My mom has called twice urging me not to go out and view the eclipse. She fears I will go blind. Our school district lawyer did write a permission slip that parents signed so we are not held liable if a kid takes off their glasses and goes blind.

A lot of schools in the area are closing for the day including the schools in my parent's city--probability due to liability issues.

Off to read for awhile.

[ 08-19-2017, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to hear, hiker .. I cannot stay out of that bathroom...though we do have a family bathroom that I use quite a bit. It's closer to the sanctuary.

Those are GREAT ideas for your kids! I bought those eclipse stamps last month and I love them. I only have a few left. I may save one or two.

Send me a pic via text of the bracelets, please!

I'll try to make a pinhole card myself .. how about in the shape of Texas?

I would close school too .. might as well!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

a Blast from the Past

"We Are the World"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement