LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE...What can you do today? Aug. 27-

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE...What can you do today? Aug. 27-
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought I'd start this week's thread gang.
No exercise for me so far. Still under the weather with a cold or something.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK--Thanks for starting this week's thread.

Sorry you are still feeling lousy. Glad you are enjoying church.

Went to church this morning.

Walked 25 minutes this afternoon, but feel really toxic.

LP--Did you have your yard sale again today? I think when I stop teaching I am not coming home with any teaching materials!

I can't reach my cousins in Texas, but all I have is their landline phone numbers, so those may be out or they may have evacuated prior to the storm.

Have a great week.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My brother texted me late last night and said water was within one inch of coming inside. I started praying and texted my cousin to do the same.

It rained all night and early this afternoon .. still no water in the house. He's had 17 inches of rain in past two days... more to come.

We are not out of the woods. Houston is in dire shape right now. I'm praying for the storm to go south of Houston and the "wet side" will be out in the Gulf. Please, God!!

My brother and his wife are ready to handle whatever happens. They were in the middle of remodeling their bathrooom .. may get more remodeling than they wanted!

At least after the last flood, they put in porcelain floors in about half of the house. The only rooms to worry about are 3 bedrooms and an area rug that can be taken out and cleaned.

I feel so sorry for the frail, the elderly, the poor.

My father in law in Corpus is fine. They lost power for awhile and phone service, but he is fine. Corpus got off easy since the storm went in at Rockport. ( [Frown] )

My friends in Victoria were hit hard too, and most were without power for at least a day. Not sure how quickly they will restore the power.

My brother still has power ..my cousin too.

Small victories.

Hope you feel better soon, AK! My tummy is a mess. Not sure if I'll go to hubby's show tonight or not. I slept about 2 hours this afternoon.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not gonna be able to remember all the questions to answer them. Yes on yard sale today but only sold 3 things...teaching stuff, plants and shells and made more today than last 3 days of yard sale

I also did a lot of weeding and spearheading and planting

Very tired but ok

Concerned about Texas

Tutu the prep is 12 hrs no food or water or meds. I'm really not sure if I can do that. I don't think I Will be able to walk without meds and I'm afraid no water will give me diverticulitis

A K I'm glad the car wasn't a bigger deal. Hope you feel better soon

I'm pretty tired. I did a lot of gardening today and th as t is exercise!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dead heading

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still Sunday-Thanks for the clarification of spear/dead heading Kayak! I didn't do to much myself today. Yard work is tough and definitely counts as exercise!

TuTu-So glad your family is OK. I worry about the frail, elderly and poor people also. Living in such a rough neighborhood I come face to face with poverty, racism and all the other conditions that being underprivileged creates. It's a sad state of affairs!

Hiker-Good job on the walking! I enjoyed going to church yesterday. Getting so much from the support group and the sermons.

Well....off to surf the net!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LP... Why do they want the ultrasound?

My brother's house is still "OK".. but it's still raining hard in his area.

Our niece in Houston has water in her house. They just moved to this house about 2 yrs ago. They moved only a few blocks. This place has a ravine that is now clogged. Sigh.

The videos coming out of Houston are just so horrible. I can't imagine. The bayou that is about a mile from my childhood home is about 20 ft over flood stage .. something ridiculous like that.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frustrated at school with students not turning in work that they had plenty of time to do. So many teens lack work ethic and think it is okay to turn items in late.

Just got home and it is starting to sprinkle, so will forgo my walk. Dinner awaits.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That used to annoy me no end, hiker. I usually gave homework just to teach them responsibility. It was like pulling teeth sometimes.

I'm not feeling so great today. I think I ate food that was simply not fresh enough. We went to a nice restaurant that most do not know about. The food tasted good, but I think it may have been too high in histamine or something.

I'm all swelled up and my ears are ringing like crazy. Just trying to eat safe foods and drink plenty of water today.

This flooding is making me anxious too, but I'm pretty much OK on that end.

My brother's house is still miraculously OK .. they lost power for awhile this afternoon. It's back on now. He's had 25 inches of rain.

I have lots of friends whose houses are flooded. Thankfully, some are still OK too.

It's hard to imagine how bad this is. It will take far longer to recover from this than from Hurricane Sandy. It's just a HUGE area we're talking about.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I don't even know what to say tutu. Snakes, alligators and whole families missing.

Tutu...the radiologist saw cysts on liver on ct scan but gi doc says they could be a lot of things and he wants to know what they are with my history

Hiker.. 30 yrs ago I had college students like that. They would say right out...'tell me what I have to do to get an A"...boys more than girls.

A K. I'm glad you've found a place that's supportive

Today I moved very slowly. I had left stuff in drive after sale yesterday so I cleaned most of that up and did a little more weeding and planting for my reward

One of the nicer neighbors was home from work and walking back and forth cuz she had a new fit bit. We talked as she was walking by and I was weeding. I gave her some daisies and we are trying to figure out how she can share her 'rise of Sharon hibiscus" I had rose of Sharon trees in the house where I had the mini horses and pool...but this is a bush and she thinks you can grow them from cuttings.

Anyway. It was a nice day. Tomorrow Etta gets a haircut and I get a pedi and wed I need to attack taxes

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Monday-Another busy day! Hit the health food store early then got some water. Made my appointment (Sept 12) for another eyelid surgery then off to MercyMed for blood work.

Got home and picked up Mom and went to bank to get loan for a roof then off to the commissary for grocery shopping.

At home watered the lawn for exercise.

TuTu-I hope you get to feeling better! I'm taking SamE again to see if it'll help my histamine levels. I might not be detoxing (maybe mthfr issues) and was told I have fatty liver disease recently. Am hoping it will help. Glad your family is OK!

Kayak-You had an amazing life! I have lots of fond memories that I've been living off of for years!

Hiker-Hang in there! I don't understand kids now a days. Seems like they just don't care even at a young age. These times, they are a changing...

Well, looks like the SamE that I took is making me sleepy. Night gang!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to hear from you two!

Nite nite!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Has anyone here tried Paleo diet? Comments?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I personally can't do it because of the salicylates. Be very careful because most paleo diets are high in salicylates and oxalates.

I was eating a "healthy" diet 3 years ago when all **** broke loose.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ok. I'm not thinking right today

Etta was good for her haircut. I started to react to ragweed worse than I have in many yrs when I was at beach waiting for her. I drove to gas station and paid $3. For 1 claitin cuz all I had were benadryl. And it was an hour drive home. When the clarion wore off I found a zyrtec in the bottom of my pocketbook. It lasted an hour. I did walk Etta during that time tho so got some exercise. Then I exploded in sneezes and runny nose and eyes. Turned a.c. on high in car took benadryl got a coffee and drive home carefully

I have not had ragweed attack in yrs. I guess its bucket full with new histamine problems.

I've been sitting in a.c. in house for an hour and I'm ok but not perfect. I probably should shower off pollen.

My plan was to work on taxes now. They are due in 2 weeks. So it will be ok if I have to stay in house

It would be great if I could find a cleaning lady to wipe down ceilings and walls...so far I haven't

I also have horrible stiff neck that has gotten worse all day. I was fighting with a day feeding skeeters when I got coffee at MacDonald. They are the ones with bad diseases. I'm not herxing and haven't seen any more ticks so I don't think it's Lyme. This neck now is almost worse than Lyme neck pain and that is saying a lot.

I guess I'm gonna set up heating pad and take supper meds and supps and hope its better in morning

Tutu and hiker please give updates when you hear from your families

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--Sorry you had a rotten day. Hang in there.

Went to chiropractor after school.

Then spent a long time on the phone negotiating a much better deal on the local newspaper. It's amazing what you get when you threaten to cancel the subscription.

So, now it is time to watch the news and fix dinner.

Sadly, no exercise.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Didn't sleep much, up at 6:30. Started yard work after 8. Picked up limbs then chopped and tore off vines from fence. Grabbed shovel and leveled one corner of fence where dirt has piled up.

Off to hardware store and picked up a super heavy bag of river rock and a mail box mounting plate.

River rock looks great around mail box.

Sheesh, then back to commissary for more groceries, laundry, putting up meat in freezer bags and dishes.

Now I'm in bed and really can't move much!

Kayak-Haven't tried paleo yet. Wish I had a heating pad. Could use one right about now.

Hiker-Way to go on getting a deal on your paper! I love to save money!

TuTu-Help me! I can't get up! Soreness is setting in...

Ouchie, ouch ouch!

Night gang!

[shake]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hear ya, hiker. I canceled our paper about 2 years ago. I haven't missed it at all. I never thought I would say that! Taking it to recycle was worse than having a paper.

They still have my email address and keep offering me great deals. I'm not interested.

AK .. Take care of yourself and please don't do paleo. I hope you can get out of bed tomorrow!

LP .. Maybe you hurt your neck by lifting or something? OUCH!! It doesn't take much to set mine off. I've had two major whiplashes in my lifetime.

I went to exercise today. I keep forgetting to post my exercise! HA!! I did 35 min on the machine and 10 laps.

Went to hubby's show tonight and it was great. They did a better than usual job and the comedy was hilarious! I needed that!

I've been so tense about Houston that today one of my friends posted something very touching. It made me cry tears of relief for everyone who is "OK" .. and tears of sadness for everyone who is NOT OK.

I'm so grateful that my brother never got water in his house. I'm still telling you it was a miracle. They've flooded twice before and NOT THIS TIME WITH 30 inches of rain in 3 days?>?

One of my friends had to be evacuated at 1 a.m. this morning. They have 5 dogs and had trouble finding a place who could/would take them.

I think a friend of theirs is going to pick them up from a shelter tomorrow. It's so sad when someone is displaced like that. She is an artist who makes her money by painting BEAUTIFUL glass flowers. Now she won't be able to do that until she can get her materials out of their home.

All her stuff is on the second floor .. so it's safe.. but...

My cousin is OK too. She had 34 inches of rain. She lives about 30 min from my brother. I'm thankful for that blessing as well!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I slept good...I did have a lot of mucous in throat...not sure why...

Neck was much better this morning

I feel like I'm playing hookie. It was cool And foggy but I could tell the ragweed pollen was still out there. I put on a mask and sort of wandered around the yard talking to the flowers. Then I watered. And then I began to pot up the ones who complained the most about being cramped. It got hot and I ran out of soil so I'm lying down inside with Etta. When it cools down I 'll go get soil and mulch at Lowe's. Kind of a throw away day....I'm just enjoying it

My sister is in recovery from having stone removed. Other

s ister is with her. Not sure if she has to stay in hospital tonight or not

I think I'm gonna take a nap. I didn't watch news today. I hope its getting better down south

The mold groups I'm in are trying to make important info available about how to not get mold sick after flood

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Still at work and taking a break from grading papers. Since it is already 5 P.M. I think I can rule out exercise today.

Tutu--Glad everyone is safe in Houston.

LP--Glad you had an enjoyable day. Every one needs a "break" day every week!

AK--Hope you are less sore tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. That's how it's supposed to be .. relax and live!!

I hope your sister's procedure went well.

Things got really bad east of Houston today .. many rescues by helicopter. Hopefully the storm will be out of Texas by tomorrow.

LP.. if you ever get a chance to copy and paste good preventive mold info .. fire away. I'll post it on FB. I see people suggesting bleach and I don't think that's correct!!

I helped a local musician who went to my high school today. He was stressed because it was his mother's 85th birthday and she had 3 ft of water in her home in my old neighborhood....and he's stuck here working.

I posted on our HS site and someone went out there to check on her! He took some pics and I sent them to my friend. He said there were 3 ladies there cleaning the house! I don't think she had ever been flooded before and has lived there probably 65 years.

I went to Bible study this afternoon and PT this morning.

Hiker .. Hang in there .. only one more year!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Been resting all day. Just went out once to get RX and fast food for dinner.

Kayak-I've been playing hookie all day and enjoying every minute! I'm wore out!

TuTu-Know you're relieved about family. Nice to help out a friend through contacts.

Hiker-Feel for you putting in all those hours!

Night gang!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu that story gave me goosebumps. Great you could help

Here a lady put out the word she was filling her food truck with toiletries and dry goods and driving down there but the truck was full in 2 hrs so a neighbor offered to drive his semi down and they expect that to be full and on the way Monday

I know they say just give money to red cross and $10. Makes a difference but I think some ppl can handle dropping a pack of diapers but not going into their checking account

I heard some of the numbers on tv this morning and its overwhelming.

There's also a family offering to put up a family of 4...there's good and bad about that. If they bring one moldy stuffed animal it could wreck their house and health. Or not. Mold is so complicated

Tutu I have a really hard time copying and pasting from fb. I will try. One thing you can do is search for Dave Asprey. He and his young family were in serious trouble after Katrina. They didn't know about mold. They escaped to somewhere north...maybe Montana? It took awhile To figure ou new mold illness etc but they did and created a business with products that help mold sick ppl

He wrote a book and is giving it away free for awhile. Maybe you can find that link

His company is called Bulletproof. I use his coffee and charcoal.

The other suggestion to anyone who wants to help is to join the fb group Mold and Chemical Sensitivities. I think I wrote that correctly. I 'll come back and fix it if I didnt. So join that for a short time. Tia is the admin. I will tell her. And copy and share the new posts. There are some new posts...some e books...some info from an older group called Mold Avoiders that I think you can join and read but you can't ask questions anymore

I think Dave's book is most current and written for newbies. The whole thing casn be very overwhelming...he can relate to ppl and help them with first steps

Ok...I 'll check that in a minute. I was up til 4 a m with wicked bad food poisoning. All I can think is last time I cooked I misplaced a meal and it got old. It didn't smell or taste bad but whew was I sick. Etta was scared. I thought I might have broken some ribs at one point but I think I'm ok now. Just weak

When I cook I usually put a serving in 6 glass bowels. One I eat. 2 in fridge for next 2 days and 3 in freezer. All I can think is one got lost...I cooked this way back before 2 Yard sales but thought it had been frozen.

Anyway. Slow day today I guess. Its getting chilly til we get Harvey rain on Sunday...I love chilly and we need rain so that is good

Hope everyone has a good day.

Last I heard my sis was heading home for the night. I 'll check on her later

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/08/mold-city/538224/?utm_source=atlfb

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, kayak!! I'll look it up when I muster the energy.

I don't see how you get away with leftovers. I have to freeze everything and thaw in a bowl with warm water.

Thank you to your state for helping Texas!

If you or anyone else donates, consider Samaritan's Purse, Convoy of Hope or Salvation Army.

To my dying day I will not give to the Red Cross. That is carried over from my father's experience during WWII. (and not only HIS experience.. I've heard this repeated over and over)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--I used to teach First Aid for the Red Cross, but I try to donate more locally.

Ironically my brother used to be an auditor for the Salvation Army and he said he couldn't believe how much the bigwigs got paid and how much money they wasted. He quit working there due to that. So, I don't give to the Salvation Army anymore except during their red kettle campaign at Christmas.

Very toxic today. Kids were really good at school, but I decided to take tomorrow off and make it a super long weekend.

Went to DMV to renew driver's placard and they only gave me 4 months because MD signed the form in June. That has never happened before. They have always given me 6 months from the day my placard expires. Grr.

Trying to figure out how to get a 4 year one, but MD doesn't know what diagnosis to put down. Lyme Disease got rejected a few years ago when we tried that.

So, again, no exercise and I guess soon I will get kicked off this thread unless I get my rear in gear. [bonk]

LP--hope you feel better and you do get a little rain.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow, hiker... I had never heard that about SA .. Red Cross has VERY high salaries for its administration. VERY.

Hope you get the DMV straightened out!

Watch this video on Rockport .. It's insane.. Shows before and after pics of the town. It was SO BEAUTIFUL.. Like a gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCU2iqgMRNw

It shows the Fulton Mansion too. It's the second pic of "big" houses.

[ 08-31-2017, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

No exercise for me today. I was about to go even though I felt sick and then I got diarrhea. Second day in a row.

Went to the doctor later and found out I have a possible (most likely) kidney infection.

He's got me scheduled for an ultrasound to check for kidney stones next week, just in case.

I'm going to try MORE D-Mannose today and tomorrow, but if I feel worse I have some Bactrim he gave me. Scary stuff, but better than Cipro.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Just a couple of errands today, no exercise.

Kayak-I hope you and your sister feel better soon!

TuTu-Hope you get to feeling better too!

Hiker-You and me both are going to get kicked off! Just doing yard work and other chores for exercise so far.

Night gang!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

You are both about to be booted! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

That's all I ever do a k. And housework and walking etta

--------------------

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yahhoooo. I got up at 8 this morning and went to the lake.

walked one mile...

call the cardiologist....I'm dying...pant pant

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Yeah, randibear! Way to go.

I took the day off teaching, but ran errands like crazy.

Went to bank 3 times. First time to a branch to cash a check. Then got a letter saying the branch that has my safety deposit box was closing the boxes, so went to that branch, closed out the box and went to a 3rd branch and opened a new box.

Went to 3 grocery stores.

Called Secretary of State for some hints on how to get a 4 year handicapped placard. They also agreed the DMV had erred in only giving me 4 months on my new temporary placard instead of 6.

Called DMV and talked to Mr. Grouch who tried to blow me off. Requested to talk to someone else who agreed with me.

So went to DMV and traded parking placards. Mr. Grouch handed me the new card and I was sad to see that he uses a walker.

Got new dehumidifier delivered. Wish I had gotten the bigger one, but was worried I wouldn't be able to lift bucket when full of water. I don't have a place to run a hose to from the family room downstairs.

Am tuckered out and hope I sleep well tonight as I have not been sleeping well.

See you tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive got that heart stress test on the 14th with iv.

i'll be cotton pickin if I fall or embarrass myself. he said I have to do 9 freaking minutes.

my sister made it 1 minute before collapsing and being rushed into surgery. ugh...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Congrats randi! Good to see you here

I worked in gardens most of day

Transplanting and weeding. The day before I had truck of cedar mulch delivered but didn't get to spread that yet. I hope you sleep well too. I'm pretty sure I will but my back is starting to complain already

I love my Dehumidifyer soooo much!

My sister didn't answer my text. I hope she's ok. I 'll check with my brother about her. They are close

I haven't turned the heat on but I may have to soon. 30s at night. Trees are turning

I think I need a nap before supper. Nite!

I'm very tired. But happy. Very cool and I love that. Windy too.

Yesterday I bought outside brooms cuz I wrecked mine. Also found salvia on sale and some broken mums for $1.00 a pot...i got 2 and planted them where I can see them from inside

Surgery is 10/19. So I'm pretty sure I will see them for awhile when I am recovering before snow

Hiker that is so wrong. It would be so hard for me to take care of myself without special parking. They gave me permanent ones based on so much arthritis requiring surgeries. In not sure if all states are different

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm glad you got them straightened out, hiker! I hope you can get the 4 yr placard too.

randi... Keep us posted on the test.

LP.. Wow.. it's getting really cool there! It will be in the 40's sometime next week.. at night.

In Victoria, TX it is still in the mid-90's and many of the residents are still without power. It gets really hot and humid there. We lived there for 11 years.

Heard from one of my former students who lives in Aransas Pass and teaches in Rockport. The schools in Rockport were destroyed, so I'm not sure how this will affect her job. She said her home is OK . . which is a miracle.

I think my abx are beginning to work a bit. I felt horrible all day and within the past hour it's a little better.

I hope I can get to hubby's show tomorrow. I get a free ticket tomorrow only. He said he was praised for how well he did! I'm so proud of him! This is the other show he played since March . but they took a break over the summer. Now they are back on.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Went to indoor flea market solo and enjoyed myself for about 3 hours. Bought another book on container gardening.

TuTu-I can't wait for cooler weather. Still in the 80's and 90's here.

Kayak-Hope your sister is OK. I envy your cool weather!

Randi-Walking at the lake sounds wonderful!

Hiker-You had a super woman day! Wow, you got a lot done!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Walked 23 minutes today. Watered my newer trees.

Went to library and into work for awhile.

Did a lot of cooking to put meals in freezer and made zucchini bread.

Am doing laundry, too.

Still feeling pretty lousy. Have a low grade fever again this afternoon. Getting tired of this.

Will relax tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Threw out old plants in containers and went to nursery for a few new plants. Still too early for mums so they'll call me when they come in.

Gonna try my hand at yellow Joseph's Coat, Feather Coleus and I think a Chili Pepper plant. The pepper plant has almost purple leaves and red and dark blue/purple berries.

First time I went to this small nursery and love the different plants they have.

Hiker-Way to go on the exercise! I've been a slug when it comes to exercise. Hope you enjoy your long weekend!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Did too much outside Friday and could hardly get up today

I rested a lot. Caught up dishes. Put some sale ads in Craigslist

Then managed to catch a burning toxin on my skin and Ettas hair from a used snowshovel I picked up at yard sale. I'm so mad at myself. I've ozoned and washed 2 loads of stuff and showered and thought I was feeling better. Let Etta on my lap and got all infected again. Its cold and I don't have heat but I think I have to give Etta a bath and take an Epsom bath myself and then wash all our clothes and bedding and Hope I can get things clean.

I'm so tired. I took Etta for short walk and visited with neighbor but I needed wc. Couldn't do it with walker

When I came back I cleared front and back patio a little...they look better but there is still work to do. I finally stayed out longer than bees and was able to get salvia in the ground

Tomorrow it rains so I hope to finish outside...I'm actually cold now. Esp. My feet. Heater isn't on yet. I'm always afraid to turn it on first thing in fall. I 'll have to tomorrow tho after monday we have 4 days of rain. I will need heater

My sister is not ansering me when I ask how she is. I guess I 'll try the other sister tomorrow

I can't believe I haven't even started taxes.

I want to sleep but my skin is itching and tongue is burning so I guess I'm gonna try Epsom bath

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. I have "barely" started on my taxes.. I know the feeling.

Hope tomorrow is a better day.

AK.. We have mums here now. The coleus sounds great!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement