LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? Sept 10, 2017

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? Sept 10, 2017
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good afternoon, everyone! I can't watch the football games I want to watch, so I'm watching Undercover Boss reruns. They are always good.

At church today we had a combined service. The Bishop of our area was there to speak. We had a great day... with a luncheon to follow.

I will probably go to hubby's show tonight....might take a nap soon.

Kayak.. I hope your family and friends will all be safe. I have quite a few people I'm "following" .. hoping they will all be safe.

Sixgoofy has a second home that is right on the west coast. It's really sad. It's the home they were going to move to soon.

I think my nephew in Orlando will be OK .. just hope they don't get tornadoes.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I walked this morning for 25 minutes.

Went to a picnic with gal friends this afternoon. The gal hosting has a winter home in Fort Myers and is worried about her friends who did not evacuate and her home. Her hubby will head down on Tuesday to survey the damage if he can.

Lots of rain and wind in Deltona area near Orlando where my long time friend from college lives.

Will say prayers for sixgoofy!

Picnic was fun. There is a group of us women who met at church years ago and twice a year we get together. They remembered that tomorrow is my birthday and all gave me cards. Sweet.

Hard to believe it is 75 and sunny here after seeing pics of the hurricane.

Have a good week.

We will be praying for your surgery, AK, on Tuesday!! Hope your city does not get too much rain and wind.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard from my brothers friend about an hour ago in cape coral And they were ok. Had lost the pool screen?!?

Today I had one chore I wanted to get done. It required exercise. There were nine pieces of siding I could return for an out $100. I wanted to wash them first cuz they got dusty. I got all but 2 finished before yellow jackets chased me in

I sold 12. Of asters and cranes bill earlier

And potted 8 big pots of asters and trimmed down the lilies in the back...all was exercise for me. I did most from wc. My legs hurt a lot on shins where knees attach

So tomorrow I ll return the siding first and then have to work hard to get house ready for cleaners. I hope that goes well

And then I really have to do taxes even if I don't do them right. They are due next Friday

A K I do hope your surgery goes well. It doesn't look like the weather will be a problem now

My brother just texted and said he thought the worst was over and the surge was way less cuz storm went inland for awhile. He will check his house tomorrow and tell me how it is

Sounds like you had a nice weekend hiker. Hope rain doesn't mess you up this week and the kids are good

Hope you're having a good time tonight tutu.

I'm ready for bed

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope all will be OK there, kayak.

I hope my cousin in Naples is OK . . her husband is disabled. They are in their late 70's, I think.

My nephew is about to get hit in Orlando, but I'm not "too" worried.

I have another friend in Ocala.. I think the storm is there now.

We had a big crowd at the show tonight!

My husband got a text from the producer of the other show tonight. The guy told him he was doing a great job of playing lead!

He played the second spot last year, but is really a lead player. I'm so happy he is finally getting credit where credit is due.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday-Got at least 7 gallons of water and put all outside stuff in laundry room and shed. Have candles and flashlights ready to go. Also loaded my .45, .38 already loaded and all my ammo is out just in case.

Supposed to be a tropical storm with high winds and rain. Might have a curfew if severe damage. Expecting a power outage. Hope there's no tornadoes.

Glad to hear everyone's friends and family are safe.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I 'll be back later but I've heard my brother and his house are ok. The storm changed and 15 ft surge was way less

But Naples got hit hard. I hope they are ok.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good preparedness, AK!! Stay safe!

My nephew is OK .. he even has power! Still waiting to hear from my cousin. She's in Naples and I'm a bit concerned.

Two others have checked in and are basically OK.

There was a lot of praying going on for Florida and God heard everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I found out that my friend who drove from Alabama to Orlando was helping her son move to a new place.

He and his wife currently live in San Antonio, where she works for Sea World. Evidently, she was hired by Sea World in Orlando. I'm assuming from what she said about helping him move. His wife is still in SA.

Anyway, they are still stuck in a Hampton Inn and there is a large group of people there from a recovery center and they have been smoking the whole time in a non-smoking facility.

She said it's horrible. They lost power last night .. no windows to open. She has a portable fan. What a mess. I don't think they are finished moving him in due to the um.... HURRICANE!!! [loco] [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No exercise today. Graded papers and planned lessons after kids left school.

Laughed at kids who were trying to guess my age (today is my birthday). I told them the 2 digits of my age added up to 10. One girl guessed 73 and then said, "No, you would be close to retirement and I don't think you are."

My friend in Deltona has a lot of downed trees and power lines down, but house is ok.

Off to feed my face.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

KIDS are so funny! Mine kept asking me every year how old I was. So one year when I was probably about 32, I told them I was 82. A few of them got really big eyes and said, "WOW!!"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Happy birthday hiker. Hope you get a piece of cake too

It really was like a miracle for my family. The storm jogged east one town before my brothers and the 15 ft surge was 1 foot. House is dry. Yard a mess. His friend lost some screening around pool. He even has power. But sketchy cell. His daughter is in Naples. That was hit hard. But house is up on slope and no flooding. I don't think she can leave house tho..roads not passable. Still. Very lucky

I have spent day trying To declutter and get furniture away from walls and windows so cleaners can get rid of dust. Iced been congested and I'm pretty sure this is why

I'm hoping to make progress on taxes while they work tomorrow

My asters are opening! I've been mostly flowerless for awhile. I have 2 monster shrubs that are ready to explode with daisy like blooms soon. I was afraid they had died from almost drought. I have 6 or 7 more daisies to pick. They last as long time in the house.

I guess I better keep plugging along. They are coming at 6.

Tutu I hope you hear from the ones you haven't heard from soon

I texted with a k...she hasn't had power

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wow a k...I didn't read your post before. Hope you don't have to shoot anyone!

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Our power came back on after about 8 hours with no electricity. Josh might be in trouble though. They have a power line down and could take longer to restore power so he might stay here.

So glad everyone is OK!

TuTu-Me and Mom live in a bad area with some gang activity hence the weapons. I am not sure I can handle my .45 any more that I bought in AK. Scary times we're living in.

Hiker-Happy birthday! Sending you a giant hug.

[group hug]

I sure hope you did something to make your day special. And kids....what do they know about age?

Kayak-Glad your family is OK! So far I haven't had to come out with guns ablazing....but would to defend me and my Mom. I worry about us but try to be vigilante where our safety is concerned. Wish we could move to a safer neighborhood.

Glad we can lean on each other during the tough times! Love you guys!

[kiss]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. You are very wise to be armed and ready. Hope you never have to use the weapons. My husband has some guns. I know how to shoot, but have never handled a hand gun. I need him to take me to a gun range.

Kayak .. I'm surprised you can tolerate flowers inside. I hope that keeps up!

I'm bummed because my "new housekeeper" decided she couldn't fit me into her schedule. It may be due to my sensitivities. I really did like her. She said she would try to find me someone.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I have a busy day with cleaners.

I woke up at 4 and the whole bedroom stunk wicked bad...I thought it was me...it reminded me of when I lived next to pulp mill

But when I move around its not following me.

I haven't been back in room...very wierd

Also I found my zyrtec and pepcid today. I didn't take it for a week and didn't feel any different. I wonder if I have MCS but not mcad.

Gotta go. Hope a k has power and no damage. See ya later

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. but you slept all week.. Maybe those two drugs were helping with background reactions and inflammation from them.

Hope you find the stink .. Etta pooped??

Here's hoping AK is OK!! [Smile]

I'm off to exercise at 1 and then will work on taxes since kayak is going to be doing the same.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

We're OK but people still have power out. Josh's power came on around 10:30 this morning. Limbs every where but didn't have time to pick them up.

Josh is taking me to surgery around 3:00. I just took 2 Zanax that the doc prescribed and will take the pain pills before surgery.

I'm nervous.

Hope and pray this is the last time I have to have this done.

[shake]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Have been praying for you all day. Keep us posted.

Taxes??

Walked 20 minutes after work.

Frustrated with new grading program at work. Types in grades and it wouldn't save some of them.

Frustrated with lazy children, too.

Need to go have some prayer time.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Oh tutu you were bad too? Hiker we didn't do taxes I April...at least I didn't. Postponed til Oct but my tax lady asked to get them to her in Sept

Right now I'm watching the Harvey fundraiser...I just heard the last song..."if it wasn't for texas' I never heard it before....

Oops...I just told tutu that in a text. I had to stop and charge phone

Anyway my brother texted that he has power but half his town doesn't so he spent the day checkingbon his customers and making a list of who needs what. His wife told me he gets tired and quits about 3 now instead of 6...since the yr on iv and hip replacement

I hope he doesnt overdo

He sure has plenty of work tho

Ok. I need to try to sleep cuz cleaners coming back tomorrow. I'm tired but not really ready for her

My exercise besides cleaning was walking Etta twice...short walks...and setting out the potted asters...they are all starting to bloom!

Hope a k is ok and just too dopey to talk to us

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, I usually get an extension on the taxes .. It's not often I go this long.. but I have this mental block about doing them.

I should be finished soon .. I hope. I don't have much more to do unless I've forgotten something.

AK .. Hope you are resting comfortably!

I went to an OCC meeting tonight. I need to get to bed ASAP because we are putting shoe boxes together tomorrow at church. They come flat and we have to fold them.

Nite nite.. I just finished listening to the Texas Fundraiser on FB. It was great.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm resting after doing some stuff outside to prepare for pest guy at 3. Yes tutu...I have a pest guy a few times a yr so bees don't nest in house and carpenter ants don't come back

I have never had a problem with the chemicals. They are very strict about chemicals now

I don't know why roundup is still allowed.

Ok. Gotta hurry up and rest. Ha. I'm really tired

Cleaner says she will come tomorrow...but this is messingbup my schedule. I have not started taxes

My brother texted he fixed 3 condos with his helpers this morning. Its 90 down there tho. I keep telling him slow and steady. He turned 60 last week. And our dad died of heart attack

Hope we hear from a k soon with good news

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

I bet AK is resting. Her surgery was later in the day yesterday.

I walked 21 minutes after work.

Had a good day at work today, although we had early morning meetings, so I will probably be exhausted tomorrow.

[hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

We put about 180 shoe boxes together this morning! It took 5 of us about 2 hours. (maybe a little less than that)

I went to our Bible Study at 1 pm and we all really enjoyed our time together. We're studying Romans.

Tomorrow we will begin putting calendar pics and Bible verses in the shoe box lids.

AK .. oh AK ... HOW ARE YA?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Am mixing up agar to pour in petri dishes tonight for a bacteria lab on Friday. Kids compare their hand to 3 places they swab in the school.

Usually works well. Hope it does this time as well or the kids will be really disappointed.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That should be a great experiment!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm in pain from extra work prepping for pest guy.

Cleaner is here.

I'm not doing much. House will be clean but it will take me awhile to put stuff back

Hope a checks I soon but I think last time she couldn't see well for awhile

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Anyone heard from AK?

My exercise today was using pen to write a check for the power washing and sealing of the deck.

This would have been something I did pre-Lyme, but don't really miss the task at all.

Looking forward to lab tomorrow at school and then the weekend.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Very dopey and sleepy. Eye is swollen and black and blue this time. Feels like something in there. Just took meds again so signing out. Thank you all for prayers.

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to hear from you, AK!! REST UP!! Take good care of yourself.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Love you a k. Hang in

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Sleep well AK, and keep resting.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm up early with the remains of Irma. Light rain that we need. No wind

Hope a k slept and feels better when she wakes up

My shoulder that needs replaced is killing me. I'm on top dose of meds and supps cuz I moved heavy stuff this week for cleaner and pest guy but I cried a lot in the night. I hate that cuz it upsets Etta

I've been having pretty severe bathroom problems for 2 weeks also. The n d gave me med for motility....3 pills 3 x a day. 2 weeks ago I took 1 a m and 1 pm and I have been having 5-7 b m s a day...some accidents...continuous red blood...that should not be serious. I have 2 things down there left from delivering last child

But all of it together is a royal pain in the a$$...ha...2 weeks....similar thing happened when chiro gave me something. Both supps mainly had a lot of B vitamins...no senna or fiber other things I think help this problem. I cut my mag to 1 a day and kept 1 C cuz I really need them for other things

So the only thing I've done for taxes is put the box of stuff on the desk. I want so much to go out in rain and play in garden...but I'm really going to try to stay focussed and get this done. The refund should pay down half my credit card bills from fixing house

Hope everyone has a good day

Oh...last night I read about sewage problems after both Harvey and Irma. It sounds awful. People Will be dealing with that on top of toxic soup...more than mold will be problem

My brother is out In It. He was exhausted last night...but his wife and daughter came back. I think he misses her cooking!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP.. Those extra supps do not sound like a good idea for someone with diverticulitis.

I hope that soon you will be able to live your life without moving heavy things around?

Trying to get rid of extra fluid in my body today. I was all swelled up yesterday from taking Rozerem. You can see that story in Medical.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP.. Get ready .. just in case.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Tropical-Storm-Jose-may-threaten-Northeast-next-week-444685533.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Hopefully Jose will change track.

On my feet all day with bacteria lab set up. Please pray the bacteria do grow in the petri dishes.

Went grocery shopping after work and that is my exercise for the day. Am exhausted.

Started making spaghetti sauce and realized I had a lot in the freezer already. Guess I will be eating Italian for awhile.

Am going to watch University of Illinois football play South Florida tonight and just relax.

Back to 90 degrees here today and tomorrow. Summer like. I don't mind as I got to wear shorts and our school polo to school today.

[ 09-15-2017, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

It's warm here too .. but rain is on the agenda for next week.

I cleaned up some plants today; trimmed them back, watered and swept the porch and balcony.

I found out that my Swedish ivy stinks! I had thought I would bring one in for the winter, but I guess NOT!

Hiker .. I hope the bacteria grow .. they should!! Enjoy your weekend!

AK and LP .. get some rest!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Still dopey and sleeping a lot. Slept most of the day. Night gang!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to hear from you!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Yes. If like to have my messes all gone so my energy could go to walking Etta...and riding?!?...and kayaking?!? Hmmmm now you have me dreaming

If also like time to see if I can figure out some better food combos that won't kill me

Tutu both of the supplements are to increase gi motility. That prevents diverticulitis for me. Its when I'm backed up that I have a diver attack

And my body is doing what its supposed to do when I take it...it's just doing too much. That's the way I am. I really have to use very small doses

One of the meds killsparasites and Lyme and other stuff too. I don't feel like I'm herxing tho. And sx are calming down

I count get to sleep last night cuz I drank so much coffee trying to focus on taxes yesterday. Its going very slowly.

I didn't fall asleep and at 224 our elec went out for 2 hrs. There was a huge boon first. House shook. At 5 I took zyrtec pepcid and benadryl because with machines off I started to have my mold cough pretty bad. It was raining and hot and humid. I slept for 3 hrs

Then got up to organize plants and put sign up. I have ad on Craigslist but no One has shown up

Etta wants to play with the chipmunks that keep running by getting ready for winter. I think they move from junk yard cars to back under my house this time of year. She's wagging her tail like crazy and whining...I don't think it would be good if they were nose to nose tho. I think she thinks it is a tiny cat

Oh my goodness...gotta get back to taxes

I have been spending time getting yard cleaned up so if we get storm I should be ok

Have a restful day !

--------------------

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been walking a mile every day. some days I do ok, others ahhh not so good. but at least I'm upright and moving.

I get worn out by 8 pm and crash. I have to be up at about 7 to walk cause I can't walk if it's 80 degrees or higher.

I'm also oil pulling every day. whitens my teeth but I'm not sure it's doing anything.

I thought this would give me some energy but it hasn't. I stay tired.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

randibear--glad you are able to walk. I don't like the heat, either.

Walked 20 minutes this morning.

Dragged hoses out to water plants. Still so dry here.

Washed the car with the wand at the car wash. I wanted to go through the automatic, but it didn't like my money--machine kept spitting the bills back.

Cooked up some pork and chicken and made another loaf of zucchini bread.

Just went into work to check petri dishes. Bacteria are growing along with some mold. Will go in tomorrow and shut incubator off.

Down time now.

[ 09-16-2017, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Just lost a friend in our choir.

[Frown]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so sorry. seems we know everyone who dies now or its family.

we're getting old.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I remember my father in law saying that all they did was go to funerals. They were about 70-75 at the time.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement