LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE .. What can you do today? Sept 17, 2017

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE .. What can you do today? Sept 17, 2017
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a sad day at church. Our choir sang a beautiful song for our friend Don. He was killed in a farming accident yesterday in Minnesota. They spend the winters with us. Now that probably will not happen again.

Don and his wife are in their late 70's .. very active, but I know she can't take care of their big farm in MN and their home and workshop here. So sad to lose them.

I'm off to get some rest. I barely slept 2 hours last night.

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu--Thanks for starting the thread. So sorry to hear about Don. Death is hard at any age.

I spent several hours at work today. Thought I would just dash in and out to turn off the incubator, but then one thing led to another and I still have work to do.

Walked about 25 minutes. Am waiting for the rain to come, but I think it may miss us again.

Ak--hope you are up and about and feeling better.

Everyone have a good week! [group hug]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TuTu-Sorry about your friend.

Hiker-My eye is bothering me, feels like something in there. Back on pain pills tonight even though I'm breaking out in a rash.

[Frown]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not good news this morning. Sure hope things get better for every one

We are supposed to get a good amount of rain from Jose tues nite and wed. Winds only 30-40mph so rain without wind is a blessing

I spent 3 days sitting at desk 10 or more hours a day doing taxes. I m making progress. 6 months of bank account expenses and then mileage are what is left. I'm a few days late but I think my tax lady will handle it if I get it To her wed. I spent a lot of money on medical in 2016. The mold tx was very expensive

All 3 days I went out for short walks with Etta...she was stir crazy with me sitting at the desk so long...I also went out to sell a few plants and visit with neighbors

After the cleaning lady left I was unable to close two of the new windows. Idk if windows are broken or if she just did something wrong that can be fixed. I had to call installer back about this the day after he was done. So I really am not sure what is going one. One more thing to do

So sorry tutu about your loss. Very sad

Hiker hope your week goes well. What are you incubating?

A K. I hope you feel better soon and surgery is successful. Did it feel like this last time. How did doc say surgery went?

Praying for rain for hiker!

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No rain here, yet.

Lp--Bummer about window. With houses there is always something to fix.

The kids loved looking at the bacteria growth in the petri dishes. They were surprised at how much their hands have. Doesn't mean it is dangerous, but they need to think about all the stuff they touch.

Graded district assessment narratives after school today. Am too tired to go for a walk.

Need to see chiropractor tomorrow. After 3 or 4 weeks, my body says it is ready. Prepare for toxin release.

Ak--hope you are feeling better and can take pain meds that don't cause a rash.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you can get the windows fixed, LP .. It's always something. [Frown]

Hiker .. I'm happy they had stuff to look at in the petri dishes. Good luck on the chiro visit.

I went to PT and then got my haircut. Also went to the store for a few items.

Going to work on taxes tonight.

Tomorrow is a busy day.

I hope AK is doing better today!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...but these are the brand new windows so I will have to fight for them and they were put in by 2 different builders so it will be hard for company to blame it on them

Just am not up for fight

Soooooo!!!! Taxes are done. Tomorrow I just have to type up a cover sheet and take them to accountant. Hope she has time tomorrow cuz Jose is coming towards us now and wed will be dangerous driving...20'waves!!! Yay!

I'm in detox tub...so glad this is working and glad I bought new water heater. It will be better if I ever get control of joints and muscles to sit in tub. I sit on shower chair at lowest setting and get pretty wet and can get up without using worst shoulder

I took Etta out twice today during breaks but I had to use wc

I think I'm gonna read a book.

Hope everyone has a good night.

I think I gained 50 lbs in 5 days

I hope to get to beach while winds are off ocean...but I'm still planning on 4 day Yard sale...slow and steady....my speed

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Get some rest and then fight... you need windows that open and close! [Smile]

[ 09-18-2017, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The news report on our friend Don.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/st-louis-county/4329287-man-dies-bulldozer-rollover-st-louis-county

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have my one week followup tomorrow for my eye. It's still red, running and feels like something is in there. Hope doc can figure out what's going on.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thank goodness, AK .. I hope you've called him about this.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--keep us posted.

Went to chiropractor after school. Will see if more toxins released. Have felt like they are building up again as I have been getting my myoclonus more.

Have not had a headache in ages. I stopped using my sinus bottle. Even though I cleaned it regularly and bought new ones often, I thought it might be contributing to my sinus issues.

No headaches since dumping it until today.

Walked 20 minutes.

Next 4 or 5 days it is supposed to be at least 90 degrees out, so may not get much walking in after work.

I will grading papers like crazy the next few days.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

America's Got Talent .. Finals night!!

It's awesome!

I'm going to a musical benefit tonight for Texas and Florida. All the big stars here from Texas will be in it. Can't wait! It's at 10 pm.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Enjoy, Tutu. They will need another benefit for Puerto Rico after Maria lambasts the island. And poor Mexico with another earthquake today.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Tuesday-Good report at the doc's appointment today. Healing and looking great and eye issue caused by lid not closing all the way. Have to try a bit harder to close the entire lid.

So hoping the next week or so my eyelid won't drop again and will heal up.

Oh, forgot to mention I've been doing the juicing, broth and tea detox again. Gone 7 days without eating and shooting for 10 days again. Harder this time around.

TuTu-Hope you enjoy yourself at the show!

Hiker-I don't have the energy to do much so I'm gonna root you on for exercising! Go Hiker!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu so sad about don.

A K good to hear from you and that you got a good report

When I fast for surgeries I have no energy for any exercise. And when my sugar drops I act crazy

Jose is here. Its breezy and sprinkling and 10 ' waves. Some erosion cuz it's highest tide of the month

The neighbor girl came to mow lawn in the drizzle. They are supposed to give me notice. This is the one day I didn't expect her. Its 82% humidity. I had to run around and move the hose and stuff for her and I was dripping with sweat when I came in

This time I picked the worst messy corner and asked her to do it again

Then Etta got loose and attacked the trash guy. He was huge...reminded me of Lurch in the Adams family. He had shorts on but she couldn't get above his boots. He laughed at her

That's the second time this week I took her off the long leash and forgot to close the door

I've also lost $100.00. My licence and a bunch of cards...I hope I find it all in the same place

I haven't gotten the house picked up like I planned and I don't feel like it at all

I also need to cook something healthy. I think I need a nap before I can do it

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Lp--Hope you get that nap and find your items.

Went to store to get organic meat on sale. Organic chips and ice cream leapt into my cart. Funny how that happens.

92 here and I bet hotter where Tutu is, so am not walking today.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

What's better than organic chips and ice cream? White chocolate!!

I went to the city for acupuncture... ahhhh...relief. Also did some shopping. I found a consignment shop. I wanted to take some shoes there. Brand new, high quality .. but not YOUNG enough.

We need "old lady" shops! [Big Grin]

Anyway, I talked them into selling me 20 pair of sunglasses for $1 each. They were marked $2 .. and were marked down from $7.99 .. woo hoo!! When you tell them it's for Operation Christmas Child, they are often willing to help out! The kids will LOVE them! They are much better quality than what is at the Dollar Store.

I also found a really cute comfy sweater and a lacy cover-up with a lacy sweater type thing for underneath. Great for going to shows this fall!

I also found the perfect pair of leggings for $12 .. The tags were still on them. Very high quality. I don't usually wear leggings but I'm trying these out. Since I can't wear sandals, I don't think they look as nice on me .. but these are more like skinny jeans.

Enjoyed the fact that Darci Lynn won AGT .. but sorry I missed the show tonight. I forgot to record it while we were at church council meeting.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Doing a little better today. Folded laundry, made juice and turned on sprinklers for lawn.

Kayak-My blood sugar has dropped too! If not to bad a big teaspoon of honey helps me and if that doesn't work I drink a soda. Not the best choice but it does the job. If I have to run a few errands I buy a yogurt peach mango smoothie for extra energy. Hope you find your missing items.

Hiker-You made me laugh! Items jumping into the cart....to good not to share! BTW, it's hot here too but I'm not doing much outside yet.

TuTu-I know what you mean about shoes....sigh! Back in the day I'd wear 5 inch heels easy. Now I can manage 3 but only to walk in somewhere and sit down. Usually I wear flats.

Wish I could have gone shopping with you! I love consignment shops and have gotten some really great work clothes, shoes and bags.

I've lost about 20 pounds since I've seen you and most of my clothes no longer fit. Gonna have to hit Goodwill and consignment shops soon.

Goodnight everyone!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Glad your day was a good one, AK !! I've gained at least 10 of the 20 lbs you lost!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Still too hot and muggy for a walk after school.

Stayed at work late to grade papers.

See you tomorrow!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Very hot here too... relief comes next Tuesday.

I went to a show I haven't seen before. It was really good. It was a "magic show" with lots of variety. Singers, dancers, aerialists, etc. Very entertaining.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Just ran a couple errands and juiced today. No exercise until my eye heals.

It's really hot down here too! I'm battling fire ants in the lawn and paid a visit to our local coop extension office for help. They gave me a great printout so hoping I'll be successful.

I get stung by those suckers almost every time I work outside so it's WAR!

Night gang!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Be very careful, AK!! Those fire ants can send a MCAS patient straight to the hospital. I hope you will be able to make them MOVE ON!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did not sleep well last night. Got up early and spot cleaned my living room carpet.

Very toxic now. Made it through the work day and to the grocery store.

Put new license plates on the car.

I hate this cycle. Have not felt toxic in several weeks. Even energy healer did not cause toxins 2 weeks ago. Wonder if the chiropractor released some on Tuesday and they are making their way out. [cussing]

Time to relax and rest now as I have lots of chores to do tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Today was ok. I found the 100. In not sure if license and cards was in envelope. They were supposed to be in there

I slept good and got up early to set up yard sale. I had put ad in ppl could come for plants Teaching materials and shells and 3 chairs. One couple came early...and talked me into selling a chair I planned to keep.
It was coolish...but only sprinkled so I worked steady and got everything set up but I don't really have that much

Except for putting up signs it should be easy to set up...and if no One comes I see lots of little chores that will make me happy in the garden.

It will be hotter than I like but I have shade and a.c. if its slow

I had one interaction with fire ants. I had no idea they existed when I moved to loos-ee-ana....

I'm glad acupuncture helps you tutes...it makes me worse. I tried 3 different guys. I can't take the nerve test either. I scream and the doc said it would be inhumane to continue

Hiker sure hope it cools down for you soon

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Vacuumed, mopped and juiced. Took Mom to commissary, put up groceries, turned on sprinklers, picked up 2 gallons of water and painted my Mom's nails. Whew!

So got some serious movement in today!

TuTu-Oh no! I'll be extra, extra careful!

Hiker-I sure hope you feel better soon!

Kayak-Glad you found the money and hope your license and cards are in there too.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, glad you found the money .. but the missing cards are very worrisome.

I'm counting on you to be careful, AK!! [Smile]

I'm pretty much finished with my taxes. Hope to meet up with my tax person today.

Rest up, hiker!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Slept like a rock last night. And took a 30 minute cat nap this afternoon.

Worked in the yard this morning watering and pruning a few limbs from a small crab apple. Took me more effort to get the ladder out to climb and get the pruning pole down from its high spot in the garage than it did to lop off the branches.

Walked about 30 minutes.

Did my usual cooking marathon and several loads of laundry. Zipped back to grocery store etc.

A beautiful goldfinch rammed into my patio door today and it was so injured I had to put him out of his misery.

A few weeks ago my neighbor and I found an injured Cooper's hawk in her yard. Called a guy who specializes in raptors and he took it to the big university vet center an hour away, but it died, as well.

Think I overdid it today and it's only 3:00. So will read for awhile.

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement