LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » tincup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tincup
MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gang
I want to share this link!!
It is for Tincup.

She is so much my friend i am in tears.

MADDOG
-

[ 10-05-2017, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edited the link:

We can't share the link here. If anyone wants the info they can contact you.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup got wiped out by the hurricane.

No home left.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been worried about her. I'm so sad to hear about her home. Just devastating.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks MADDOG. ❤️

She is my friend also.

I have another post going for her if anyone is able to help.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a gofundme page tutu. Is there a way to direct ppl there?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maddog...are you in touch with tin? If like to contact her or the woman helping her. My brother is a builder in south Florida. I'm not sure if it will help but he knows a lot of ppl. Let me know if you know how to contact her please.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak .. no .. not allowed

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saying some prayer for Tincup, too.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

kayak,she said i could post her email address.

[email protected]

If you want more information you can go to Tincups website www.MarylandLyme.org or her children with Lyme website www.DrJonesKids.org

MADDOG

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow - so sorry to read this - somehow I thought she was in Maryland, not Florida, which was smackdub in the path of the hurricane. She is definitely in need of assistance - please go see her pics and read her writings - well-written, as usual...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought she was up north also.

Thanks for posting her email address.

She is one terrific person!

I want to help.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no, terrible!!! Wow.

Where are the pictures that Robin is referring to? If anyone can say. Arghh, my PM box is full.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ty maddog

I thought she was in Maryland too

She has helped so many. If we just give a little...

--------------------

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too thought she was in Maryland and that's why I made the joke about her watching Jose moves on the northeast coast.

I never dreamed she was in Florida and living in Irma hell. Wow, I'm very concerned about her health now. Stress will knock us down.

TC, take care of YOU.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Perhaps she lives in both places?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Perhaps she lives in both places?

It sure doesn't look like it. It looks like she has been without a home for a while now. Awful!!

Yes, if people can help out even small amounts.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey...

You all are so wonderful! Thank you for your concern.

I wish I could address everyone and your posts individually, but I am so exhausted I can barely type right now. Please forgive me!

I did read all of your comments and FYI- some of your questions have answers on the post found at the link below- which is NOT the Go Fund Me site, but a narrative of what's happening, with updates as I can get to them.

https://sites.google.com/site/floridalyme/hurricane-irma?pli=1

Rather than Maddog, bless his heart, having to send links, you can find more info here.

www.MarylandLyme.org

And this next link below is a more light hearted look (with pictures) of being an evacuee and "survivor". I put this together one piece at a time during my very frequent rest breaks. And typical of me, it is long and too wordy! HA!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z705t2TDl5DYFebv2

So.... To Maddog, TuTu, Bb, hiker, Robin4932759573, Lone Wolf, Rumi and map, thank you again!

You make me smile!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If my Mom could manage on her own, I'd be down there lickity split! Had to fix water damage in my previous home (mobile home) by cutting out walls and flooring and installed plywood subfloor and sheetrock. My taping job was ugly as all get out though. Can do some wiring with Google or YouTube.

When my friends and I were building my cabin in AK some church folks provided all my windows and two doors as a donation. Might be worth a shot to check local churches for help.

Also Goodwill and Salvation Army might help. Wouldn't hurt to call and see if you can borrow tools and if they would donate any items you need. How about United Way?

My thoughts and prayers are with you and just can't stop thinking about your plight.

Keeping tabs on the links you provided.

Love you!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey - there you are! Thanks for being able to show up!

Hope lpkayak's leads can reach some people for some assistance.

Also agree with aklnwlf - any possibility of reaching out to locals to assist you with physical clean-up?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending Love Tincup. I'm sorry and thinking of you!
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up for Tincup. ❤️
Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lone Wolf! Great ideas I checked out that gave me more ideas too! Double the help from you! Thanks!

And it is good to know you suck at taping, cause I do too! HA! I can spackle all day and night, but taping the seams, well, it's something I don't excel at, for sure! That and caulking, ugh!

Robin39327589373- thanks! Yes, I've asked around, but everyone is dealing with their own problems and many of the neighbors are senior citizens who unable to do the kinds of physical work needed. I'm still looking though, in between all the other things!

HW- Hey there! You make me smile! It's so nice to know someone cares. Thank you for that!

BB- you kicked off this GoFundMe effort and I am forever grateful. Thanks for keeping the post "up" for me and for everything else.

Love to you all!!!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Sometimes when I forget things I wonder if I might have Lyme disease?

[lol]

Here is the link to the updates....

https://sites.google.com/site/floridalyme/hurricane-irma

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

You know you've done a bad tape job when someone looks at it, then looks at you and walks away. No comment not even a head shake...just walks away.

[Roll Eyes]

Happy to read your updates and the picture of those leaf blowers....priceless!

Thinking about you!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only just found out what happened to you, Tincup and I am so sorry. Life is such a b sometimes, as we all know. Lots of luck to you and here's hoping the repairs can soon be done.
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Lone wof... oops, too tired to even type or spell! HA!

Thanks for thinking about me. I find comfort in that. A pick me up! TY!

UK- thanks to you for the kind words and encouragement. It means a lot. As for the repairs getting done, please see the next post below! I'll be moving forward soon I hope!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Good news! Scroll down toward the bottom of the page for the updates. Thanks!

https://sites.google.com/site/floridalyme/hurricane-irma?pli=1

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

And for those like my friend Maddog who insist on tormenting me while I'm down, there is a word for that...

PIG!

[Razz]

You see Maddog is catching LOTS of fish and not only telling me about what I love to eat and can't have- that he is enjoying so much, he even sent me pictures to make me want them more!

NOT funny Maddog! You are sure to get coal in your stocking this Christmas! Bad doggie! Bad, bad....

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad that you can finally get the roof done, Tincup. Will you use ozone or alternative method to get rid of the mould? Please keep us informed when you can! All The best.
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey UK... again, many thanks to you and those who have reached out to support and help me. I smile.

I've been using essential oils for addressing the mold and gotta say I'm impressed with the results! I think I've knocked down a good amount and am not seeing it recurring in places that were targeted.

Been using mostly thieves oil and lemon grass oil. Some where in a land far, far away I heard/read that the thieves oil attacks all molds except one, and the lemon grass gets that one.

I still have three more rooms to "diffuse", but with so many things requiring attention it is hard to get to it all. Looking back on it, I should have gotten a 2nd or even 3rd diffuser and had them all running at the same time.

The oils also did, finally, get rid of the horrendous stink too! It took almost three weeks, but that was something I wasn't sure I'd ever be done with because it was so penetrating.

A neighbor stopped by a few days ago and mentioned when she came in, and without me mentioning it, that it smelled nice in here. A true test and the oils passed it.

Have a great weekend!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

GOOD NEWS! I saw the light, praise the Lord! Nice surprise today.

Please see update for more info. (Scroll down to last entry.)

https://sites.google.com/site/floridalyme/hurricane-irma

[Big Grin]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

MADDOG
Member # 18

Well TC I didn't catch any cat fish today.

Just old crappie and striped perch.

HE HE HE HE !!!

MMMMMM so good ,I was thinking of sending you another pic of the fish frying in the pan.

HE HE HE !!!!!

MADDOG BBBBUUUUUURRRRRRRPPPPPPPPP

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Loved the updates!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

ukcarry
Member # 18147

What a gem that electrician sounds! Great news that you have seen the light! 😉
Robin123
Member # 9197

Re using oils, I have long used Orange Guard to get rid of any mold that shows up on bathroom walls.
Robin123
Member # 9197

Re using oils, I have long used Orange Guard to get rid of any mold that shows up on bathroom walls.
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Up for Tincup. ❤️
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Relaxing in my nice warm and dry house and hoping our sweet friend Tincup is O.K.

We all sometimes take for granted things that others do not have. Basic needs are a must. Water, heat, electric, food and shelter.

Please help if you are able.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's it going down there? Thinking bout ya!

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

ukcarry
Member # 18147

How are you faring Tincup? I hope things are moving for the better and that you are not exhausting yourself too much.
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I didn't contact her but I saw the gofundme account is half way there. A week ago I saw her posting about how hard she is working and how careful she is being with the money.

I know first hand how much mold remediation costs and I know. It is most successful when the home owner is very involved. She is. And she knows how to use a hammer. And a saw. And probably a bulldozer.

Her account is about half funded. She's not asking for very much considering what happened. I hope everyone will re share her story and dig deep doe a few more bucks.

I remember her saying she needs a certain amount before starting the roof that will keep her living space dry. Pleas share and help everyone.

Remember when she was there to answer you questions when you were desperate for answers and when she was there to make you smile when that is what you needed.

(breaking up the post for easier reading for many here)

[ 10-24-2017, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

So true! Has always been there for me from the beginning back in 2004.

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

It's quite concerning that we haven't heard from Tincup. . .

I'm hoping her health is o.k. due to all this stress.

We love you Tincup ! [group hug]

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I know. If like to hear a little something

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Again, so sorry I've been missing in action! Not intentionally ignoring anyone, just flipping between being busy or exhausted.

Hoping to write an update soon and will share it when I do. Thanks to all of you who've cared and posted here and helped me make some progress.

You are absolutely wonderful!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

No pressure! Would like to send a fairy godmother----ha!
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey kayak...

I sent you an email the other day. Did you get it?

Rumi- how about a dozen cabana boys to help with the work?

[lol]

Reposting this here...

I just made a new page for UPDATES. The other one was getting "full". And as promised, here are a few new posts.

https://sites.google.com/site/floridalyme/hurricane-irma/updates--most-recent

Again, thanks for your kindness and support. I'm so happy I have you all to count on I could dance. Will you join me?

But only if you can keep up, you little wimps! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHGXwQeUk7M

[lol]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Spent yesterday with a few men who came to give estimates.

Sorry to say they have lots less knowledge than I do about construction. Really sad actually.

And their prices were as if they knew 50 times more than I do.

They see a woman and see $$ signs floating around and THINK they see the word "sucker" written across my forehead.

One wanted 25 cents a mile to haul away debris in a utility trailer, PLUS $15 per hour cause his wife couldn't help with the job. Said it would take 2 full days.

Heck, I can do it in one day if I was was able to walk. So I don't think so Tim.

But, today is another day. It will get better!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Up for Tincup. ❤️

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/home

Click on Hurricane Irma.

ukcarry
Member # 18147

How are things with you, Tincup? Any more progress? Thinking of you.
Tincup
Member # 5829

Thanks for thinking about me UK & Bb.

So sorry! I have avoided responding or posting updates lately because this situation is very difficult and overwhelming, and my luck with getting help here hasn't been so great.

To top it off, by the end of each day I am beyond exhausted and already overwhelmed about the next day's events.

I've actually tried to focus on some of my volunteer Lyme work this past week to get my mind off it. I don't think that is working either! HA!

This weekend though I am hoping to see some progress, which hopefully will bring up my spirits and take a load off.

Then I am hoping I can move forward a bit more refreshed and not so gloomy! Will let you know.

And again, thanks to everyone who has reached out to help. Don't know what I'd do without you.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Fingers crossed for the progress this weekend, TC.
It must be so hard to avoid feeling overwhelmed with all you have going on.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement