LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » MCAD MAST cell histamine intollerance DAO NeuroProtek-vegitarian one?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MCAD MAST cell histamine intollerance DAO NeuroProtek-vegitarian one?
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was trying DAO for my histamine issues and I had to stop because the contained porcine and I am allergic to pigs/pork.

I know I have histamine intolerance, and I suspect a MAST issue im working on that. but I need something to stop this itching!!! I have the most terrible itch non stop . it is horrible and driving me insane.

it flairs up after I eat. it is there 24/7 and I tried taking benedryl for it when it got really bad and I have anaphylactic reaction to that.

I found this stuff- anyone know if it works or is without animal products?:
NeuroProtek

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UGH .. I feel for you, Lisa!!

I can't take DAO .. and I seriously doubt I can take NeuroProtek .. I am sensitive to salicylates and that is a big disadvantage all the way around.

Check this out .. just in case...It may be why you are still itching.

https://fedup.com.au/factsheets/additive-and-natural-chemical-factsheets/salicylates

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I found out from my gene guy that the DAO is NOT for histamine intolerance outbreaks or whatever im having!

so I got a ton of info from him and it can be related to a few different genetic things like sam E, , etc,

and he told me to take L-thianine, which helped considerably to calm it down..

now finding the root is another thing. he doesn't know about mast cell things but is very interested to learn..

I am feeling much better now, except--- my heart I noticed seems to be jumping around. is that part of this thing?????

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, your heart can be affected by foods and it's definitely related to MCAS.

DAO helps the body handle histamine.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

https://healinghistamine.com/dr-joneja-how-to-boost-your-histamine-lowering-dao-enzyme-naturally/

https://www.mthfrsupport.com.au/dao-deficiency-and-histamine-the-unlikely-connection/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking SAMe, Now brand True Calm and other supplements along with over the counter and RX drugs for MCAD.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

my other dr says bart is back- and bart can affect heart too , right?

How do I know what is what?

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I have symptoms including faster heart rate from foods, drinks, cigarette smoke and stress. I also had chest pains from exercise but when my antihistamine was doubled I no longer experience that.

So for me I can tell immediately if it's MCAD.

Maybe with Bart it's a more consistent issue?

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's a good test... Lisa... take more meds when it happens and see if you feel better.

H1's and H2's

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

lymetoo, don't get mad, but which are the H1 and H2 again?
I am swimming again. I can tell my nuro sx are getting worse. started with the PBA again! just slightly , but it is scaring me.

last night I started walking that sideways way again. but I was in elevator and that used to really set me off and now its back. im very upset and trying not to get sucked in to the stress and fear of this, but now my mom's in the hospital and they are jerking her around and

im afraid the flu being filtered through the air there is going to infect her. they are overrun with flu victims.

i know stress increases sx so im trying to remain calm but its hard.

--------------------

LisaK
Member # 41384

should I even see a heart dr??? my symptoms get really scary, but they come and go. how do I kmnow if its life threatening issue?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

H1's are like Allegra, Claritin, Xyzal, Zyrtec

H2's .. Zantac and Pepcid

Take one of each for best results. Some take one of each, twice a day. (or more)

They should help keep the heart rate more stable if your heart reactions are due to MCAS.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

ok, worth a try!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there Lisa! I googled chlorine and mast cell and found some info about reactions. Are you swimming in a chlorinated pool? Could be the culprit. I react very badly to cigarette smoke and some paints so far.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[Embarrassed] SWIMMING??? O M G!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

no swimming!! I avoid chlorine like the plague. it has made mme ill my entire life. I think it caused my asthma as a child too.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by LisaK:
lymetoo, don't get mad, but which are the H1 and H2 again?
I am swimming again. I can tell my nuro sx are getting worse. started with the PBA again! just slightly , but it is scaring me.

OK.. Whew... I didn't notice it the first time but AK picked up on it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

What is PBA?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

PBA-
its that bulbar thing.....
PseudoBulbar Affect

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I guess I'll have to look that one up! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement