LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What you Can do today Dec. 10

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What you Can do today Dec. 10
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brr. Beginning to feel more like Christmas and I bet some of you have snow.

I raked a few leaves and gave up when the wind started.

Watched a sappy Hallmark movie, instead.

Have a great week!

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8929 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOPS.. I posted right behind Kayak earlier today on the old thread!

She was having trouble with her heart racing after shoveling snow.

--------------

Kayak .. I don't see how you are going to be able to shovel snow all winter. Go to Plan B.

Keep a close check on your heart!

AK .. Best of luck with the test!!

Hiker .. Glad you enjoyed the short TV program today. (she texted me)

I went to the MCAS party and it was great. I didn't like my gift, but oh well. It's a small journal. I have about 6 of them .. all empty. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

The game was fun though. We were there about 2 1/2 hours.

Have a great evening, everyone! I'm at home trying to catch up with things. Hubby is at the show.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um. This is just a quickie cuz I am on a roll with laundry and picking up house

Good exercise for me

After 2 10 min shoveling sessions yesterday I ended up lying down for more than 12 hrs so my legs are working today. Yea!

1. Brother finally got MRI. Good news. Its not spinal fluid. Its a blood clot that is resolving on its own.surgery not needed. Its 4x6 inches over scar and surgeon thought it was spinyl fluid last week. Wierd when a blood clot is good news

2. My 3 kids and maybe 4th is involved...not sure...have been trying to get us all in same place for Christmas. I am really greatful they are trying. They are not aware of how much I 've gone downhill so they wanted me to do something I can't as far as travel. But I really am greatful they seem to be trying

So...just got text from son With babies. 4 yo has to be picked up from daycare. She has shingles all up and down arm. Poor baby. And 18 month old has to be picked up....are shingles contagious?

They are constantly sick...once hoof and mouth disease!?! From day care. These are top of the line expensive daycares

18 month old had bad reaction to last f ing vaccine. Kids don't know what to do. They hate vaccines too. But they both have to work and kids can't go to daycare without vaccines

The kids are on a toned down schedule for the vaccines. Even doc doesn't like giving them. So he drags it out

I can't help but think the vaccines are causing this stuff

I guess I'm just venting...the kids know I hate vaccines but there's nothing I can do...they don't like them either so no sense in me doing anything but empathize

Do any of you have experience or thoughts with friends and relatives?

I do suspect tick exposure too...but they are in denial of that and I can't bring it up or they won't talk to me

So please chime in if you have any thoughts. I plan to keep working on house...its finally looking better...and good EXERCISE for me

Snow to ice tomorrow from 5 am to night time. I have pt at 11...but the van is not good in snow. Not sure what I will do

Please let me know anything you know about vaccines that might help.

And thank you all for prayers for my brother. We didn't even know something could happen that would prevent surgery

Hang in A K ... Good luck tomorrow

Ps...I found a shoveler. Its the guy that moved my mulch pile

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lp--Someone with shingles can give a child chickenpox. It is the same virus.

Glad you found someone to shovel and that your brother doesn't need more surgery!!

Ak--lifting up prayer for your tests tomorrow. Let us know the outcome.

Will probably not get exercise in today. School is out for the day, but I have 2 kids coming in for detentions, so I won't get home until dark.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8929 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kayak . . I know some people use a vaccine detox protocol if/when they think their child has been injured by a vaccine. What a terrible world we live in. So much money to be made on these vaccines.

Great news about finding a shoveler. I sure hope he can take care of you this winter! And great news about your brother. I know he's relieved.

We went to lunch with some friends from out of town. He is organizing another retired military band event next June. The last one was 10 years ago. People who played in military bands get together and play. The last event was pretty cool and hubby got to conduct one of the numbers.

I went to the grocery store and was reacting to so many things. I think it's because I've eaten out twice in the past two days. I blame the oxalates. Wish I knew for sure. It's either that or the histamines in the food. I'm on overload.

Heading to the city tomorrow for acupuncture. I've been having a lot of nerve pain in my upper neck. Hate it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. Here's one on detoxing .. there are plenty out there.

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/vaccine-detox-protocol/

I was thinking that they could do a protocol each time a vaccine is given.

[ 12-11-2017, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Well my day started off badly with no Internet, cable or phone. Modem was on the fritz so off to buy a modem and return bad one to cable company. New one didn't have a phone jack so back to store to return it and back to cable company to pick up replacement.

Finally was able to study my notes and take practice tests around 8:00 p.m. and just finished up.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and prayers for my tests tomorrow.

Manna-I've always wanted to make a denim quilt and saved old jean remnants for a few years until I moved back to the South. Had to pare down shipping costs so had to give them up.

Kayak-Great news about your brother! Also relieved you found a shoveler.

TuTu-I used some of my journals when I went through treatment per LLNP. I cry any time I read them now. I wouldn't know what to write about now.

Hiker-Haven't forgotten the Christmas light pic. Hoping after tests I won't be so crazy and can remember to take it. I still have Christmas cards to send and some shopping to do. Eek!

You guys are the best! Thank you for all the encouragement!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6167 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good luck, AK!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Congratulations to AK for passing all of her tests!! Woohooo!!!!

[spinning smile] [woohoo] [spinning smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Yee ha! AK--way to go.

Glad you are safely home, Lp. How was the appointment?

Kids were bonkers at school today and I was way off balance, so the stimuli didn't help.

Feel like my ear tube might have dislodged. Called ENT and can't get into January 3 and even on that date he is on vacation and will have to see NP. That won't help if I need a new ear tube.

Went to chiropractor after work. I really need to start exercising again.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu..Ty so much for detox paper. That is a very easy cure...no reason why it shouldn't be done to prevent autism. I just have to figure out how to present it to them

Hiker...again. How can they make you wait so long for that?!?

Well the shoveler yesterday did not turnout well but lots of other things did

My appt was or for lymph. And then she works on my shoulder about 20 min even tho the prescription isn't for that

She's the only medical person that seems to be helping me now so I didn't want To miss appt. Today she showed me examples of compression camisoles. We found one I was able to get in and out of. I ordered it from Amazon today.

Last week she helped me get compression stocking for knee that had surgery last Feb. Swelling hasn't gone down And it has tons of new varicose veins that are permanent

It was very bad driving with a few close calls. Many hills between here and there. But I was surprised the van did as well as it did

My daughters bday card is going to be late cuz of storm

They have added 2 more storms...Fri-sat and mon

Today the plow guy came and his son cleaned up the mess the other guy left. I was trying To be nice and basically thru away $15.

I did a few things to house when I got back...but mostly I'm resting. No appts for 2 days so hope to have house ready for new cleaning lady. She is coming Sunday afternoon. Her only spot before Christmas

I haven't heard a thing from my daughter since I told her yes I would drive 2 hrs south for Christmas...And a few hours later called to say i couldnt

I haven't really heard from any off them except about the shingles. I did read one article that some kids are getting shingles from the chickenpox vaccine

So...I'm gonna try to put a few clothes and dishes away. All in all a good day for me and the van!

Ps...all this travel and housecleaning stuff is my exercise

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday-Yay! I'm done and can get back to normal. I did check the website I use for CE classes and see I still have a few more required classes for the state. Need Flood Insurance, Georgia Medicaid, Annuities and one more short class on Long Term Care.

I've done what was needed to renew my license so the other classes can wait a bit.

Hiker-Sure hope the ear isn't painful!

Kayak-Glad to hear you're getting so much done.

TuTu-Thank you!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6167 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Had a fun night at the show. The stars (2 of them) of Show #2 came to see Show #1 .. so it was fun to watch them enjoy the show.

They got to see hubby play a different style of music than what is in their show. It's good that they know what he can play because they are writing another show.

Looking forward to our New Year's Eve show. Got my ticket tonight and will be on the front row right in the middle. Woo hoo!

Hiker .. I sure hope your balance is better tomorrow. Maybe all the stress tipped you over the edge.

Kayak .. How far away is the lymph person? I hate driving in bad weather!

As far as sharing info on the vaccines.. just email it to them. You are better off not saying anything.

AK .. Keep on celebrating, Kiddo! [Big Grin]

I'm off to bed! Nite, nite!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Its 150. I've been I bed about a half hour. Still trying to recover from getting trash can to the road this morning. There's 2 inches ice on drive and and too cold for salt to melt it. I wish I had a pic of me. Wc. Bucket of salt. And ice chopper moving can 2 ft at a time up the drive. At the end fed ex came and I walked the last 6 ft cuz I knew he would call 911 if I fell

I did a few things in house and had lunch and collapsed on bed with Etta. I'm exhausted and have lots of new pains I different places...lower right abdomen...what is that? Back spasms on 2 places on back. Shoulder of course

I feel like I got beat up. I have 3 things left on list and then hope to watch movie.

I sure hope we don't lose power. High winds...low temps coming

I need to find propane stove I have never used and have it ready...to keep pipes from freezing

Sure don't get bored with the weather around here

Hiker hope you are ok. And not in pain.

A K so proud of you! And happy!

Tutu that sounds like a very special new years. You are usually in Texas then right

Ok. Gotta kick myself in the butt and do something

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Ugh, kayak ...Sounds so exhausting. Whatever happened to your neighbors next door? Are they doing OK?

I'm glad you made it to the curb and back without falling. Whew.

Praying that you don't lose power.

I sure hope I enjoy New Year's. We never do much for NY's and I have been to a few dances or parties he played for .. but that can be boring.

This should be much better because I'll be sitting and watching a show... (and hubby will be playing too)... There will be a variety of talent. At least one person is nationally famous. Not REAL well known, but if I told you what he has done with his song-writing, you would recognize the songs.

I'm just praying I don't get sick and can't even go. They will be serving food I can't eat, but I'm pretty used to that.

Kayak .. yes, we are usually in Houston for NY's. Last year we went to a party with my brother and sister in law.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Who are you seeing. Tutu? You can't tell us?

I'm back for hikers science brain. I did way more than my 3 things. Hung my kitchen witch! Washed 2 more totes. Hung my welcome sign in a new place cuz it doesn't fit in old place. It looks ugly cuz I couldn't reach another 1/2 inch. Took pics for fed ex guy that is supposed to puck up computer paper and bring me storage shed. Moved office chair back to office.

Then I poured Dean I granules down the sink and filled the house with ammonia gas!

What happened? It was smoking from the drain!

Directions said to pour a cup of cold water if it bubbled up. It didn't bubble up but i poured the water...put the exhaust fan on...opened the door...its 22 outside...and turned off the heater

After 15 min I flushed drain and closed door and put heater on. I still have fan on low but I don't think I spell anything

Wow. Liquid plumber sure is easier

Etta and I are gonna have a snack and watch a movie

Hiker!!! What happened??

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--It might not have been ammonia. Dean's granules have phosphorous in them and when phosphorous mixes with water it can let off a steamy like gas. Looks like smoke.

Yesterday chiropractor said immune system was at work. She manipulated. Today I feel toxic. AAH!

Got into NP at ENT office tomorrow afternoon on a cancellation. Glad I called again this morning. If the ear tube is out I am hoping the doctor will see me and stick another in, since he goes on vacation next week.

Unfortunately no sub has stepped up to take the substitute job, but that is out of my hands and I will let the school handle it if no one picks up the job Subs don't want half day jobs, but I don't want to miss the whole day tomorrow.

I need to have time to each lunch before the appointment, so I have some blood sugar. Getting the ear tube put in makes me queasy and the a few years ago I about passed out.

So windy out, I could barely get my front door open to come inside. I put out an old heavy milk crate on the front porch for smaller packages and am glad I did or my printer cartridges would have blown away.

Off to watch my Christian TV show and fix dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. I hate drain issues. I use Liquid Plumber too. Even then I'm afraid of it. I think I need to call our maintenance guy for the sink drain in hubby's bathroom.

I don't mind telling you who the star is .. privately. [Smile]

Hiker .. I hope the Dr can figure out what is wrong even if the tube is still in there.

I got some errands run today .. more tomorrow since I forgot my Kohl's cash today. I need to buy one more gift.

I've been so lethargic. I think it's the increased meds for MCAS. What a drag.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Took Mom to her cardio appt. Good news! Her ECHO was great and doc said she can get off the new angina RX since heartburn medicine is helping. Just have to keep an eye on her for a few days to make sure no chest pain, tiredness, swelling, etc.

Later we celebrated by attending a Christmas music special by the local army band. It was awesome! They had 4 singers, who performed solos and sang together. Also sax, guitar solos and a quintet performance. Santa came for the kids and there was a music enhanced rendition of a reading of Twas the Night Before Christmas. Also we all got to stand and sing Christmas songs with the band!

Later we ate dinner at Applebee's. Such a wonderful dsay with my Mom!

TuTu-This year me, Josh and my support group friend are going out for New Year's. Hopefully more folks can join us. So I'm on a mission trying to find fun places for us to go. Maybe the Tavern for dinner and dancing and next door there's pool tables and a younger folks dance place.

Kayak-Sure hope you don't lose power! Our power went out one night and our heat didn't come back on. With a power surge or outage it resets to low and didn't come back on. Stay warm!

Hiker-Sure hope you can get the ear taken care of! My oldest niece has had problems her whole life with ear pain and has had tubes put in a couple of times. She suffered some hearing loss too.

Night gang!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Am at ENT. Saw NP 2 hours ago. She agreed I need new ear tube. So, I begged for it today. Will be a long wait for MD I am sure but hopefully mission will get accomplished.

Will be dark before I get home and I had to reschedule haircut.

Later. Finally got ear tube put in after waiting almost 3 hours. Worth the wait. I really like my ENT. NP thinks I have other vestibular problems.

Ex: If I march in place with my eyes closed I somehow end up turning to the right instead of staying in place. Right now I am refusing more testing as I have done so many tests and nothing seems to help the issues.

Zipped back to school to see if sub survived and get ready for tomorrow. Home now and ready for dinner.

[ 12-14-2017, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good news, bad news, huh? Seems to be a pattern for us!!

Glad you got the new ear tube put in. Good job on being patient!

Hope tomorrow is good!

Hubby was sick all night throwing up and is missing tonight's show. It's the final show of the season. I'd love to be there, but I won't be.

I have this to look forward too, right? I need to pray that I MISS this virus!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu...I really try not to bother neighbors cuz when I need them I really need them. His ms is getting worse. He's still working but takes a lot of time off and isn't well. She almost always works 1 full and 1 part time job. And gets groceries for me and helps other neighbors too

So I really try not to ask. But I did ask him to bring trash can in cuz 20-30mph winds were forecast

Hiker...it did look like smoke and sorta smelled like ammonia. The fans got the smell it soon and drain seems to be working. I've always been taught not to use that stuff..its bad for pipes. But I'm on slab and if there is a serious problem I need a jackhammer and a lot of money so I try to keep them going. Dawn and hot water cuts grease...or whatever is in there...I mean...it shouldn't be grease!?! And sometimes I use baking soda and vinegar

I'm reading and posting and reading and posting cuz if i read it all b4 i post I won't remember anything.

I hope things work out at ear doc appt hiker.###just read it went well yay!### They have been saying it's windy here but I don't see it. Maybe its a wierd direction and my house is staying safe...

A K that sounds like a great day with mom. And nice plans for new years. I always wanted to celebrate new years but it never seemed to happen. I think we were both so burnt from work. The best I remember is making lots of munchies for the kids...I made all their favorites and there was always way more than we could eat.

Now...I might make a special meal...but I'm in bed way b4 midnight

I've gotten some things done each day. I have the 2 ultrasounds in the morning. It won't be fun cuz they fill me with water and won't let me pee so it hurts. I have to finish up my. Chic soup in 10 min and no food or drink til test at 9. Except 32 oz water an hour b4 test. Not drinking water all night will be hard too

I'm sleepy and it will be over soon

Talk to you all tomorrow afternoon

Tutu....think positive....will that virus away...

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good luck tomorrow, kayak!!

I'm willing it away. [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Had to wait for cable company so that blew my early afternoon. Later went Christmas shopping and ended up at the Tavern to see if I could gather info for New Year's.

Hiker-So glad to hear you were able to get a new tube put in and didn't have to wait. Hope you're feeling better.

TuTu-Oh no! Hope you don't get that virus. You already have been struggling with more MCAD meds. Hang in there!

Kayak-My Mom usually would make New Year's day late lunch. We'd have the typical black-eyed peas, greens and ham along with Japanese sushi rice in tofu pouches, fried tempura vegetables and shrimp. This year we're going to Hibachi buffet so Mom can rest and just enjoy the day. Let us know how you do tomorrow.

Night everyone!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Omg I'm home. So glad that is over. It was hard. Ppl were wonderful

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for update on the neighbors, kayak. I hadn't heard about them for awhile.

Thanks, AK. So far, I am OK and hubby is better. He's feeling pretty puny.

I sure hope I can escape this.

Kayak .. Get some rest!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I decided last night to take today off from work. I have been so exhausted lately and there was an easy lesson for a substitute.

It takes a week or two for my brain to realize I have an ear tube and then I feel more in balance.

I did see the energy healer today. First time since August.

She actually came to my house and said it was a healthy home for me. She agreed with trying to lower my detox supplements but cautioned it would be very hard for awhile as my body has been used to them for years--so more twitching of muscles etc. for awhile.

She worked a lot on my nervous system and my sinuses. Not more than 30 minutes after she left I could feel the toxins from germs she killed, but I feel much better now.

Oh and she told me again I did not have MCAS. We went through some foods and she told me to lower the number of eggs that I eat (which agrees with a food sensitivity test I took years ago). She agreed I need to avoid dairy, gluten, corn, and soy as much as possible.

It is so easy for me to have a hard boiled egg for lunch, but she said no more than one per week. Rats. I love eggs. I only have 30 minutes to eat lunch, go to RR, and then be ready for my next class, so a hard boiled egg and fruit was quick for me.

I always take it easy after a healing, so no exercise today except to go grocery shopping and to drop off some items at electronic recycling.

Last night I took my old computer apart to remove the hard drive and took it and my old printer etc. to be recycled. A very kind man there noticed I was using my walking stick for balance and unloaded my whole trunk and put the items where they belonged. There surely are good people in this world.

Tutu=Stay healthy.

Lp--Glad you survived the ultra sound and hope the results are normal.

Ak--You are so good to your mom. That buffet sounds delicious.

Will watch sappy Hallmark movie tonight! [Wink]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

A K you guys sure do go all out with food

Tutu so glad you are not sick...I wore my mask the whole time in hospital. I didn't wait to smell something bad. So many sick !!!

Hiker good girl taking a break. It keeps going around in my head how in your docs office they said something else was going on with balance. I guess if it was Lyme related they probably wouldn't understand. But if its fixable maybe it's worth looking into.

Now that these tests are over I have so many meds I'm supposed to start. The buhner may totally knock me out. 3 of the 6 things totally knocked me out in the past. I dread taking them with cleaning lady Sunday...pt tues and thurs and gyn wed....

I'm not sure how I 'll handle it

About your dump experience hiker...I think in told you guys the FedEx man helped me get trashcan out to road wed. Today I got to hospital an hour early cuz I felt so bad from fasting I wanted to get there in case I passed out. I was supposed to start drinking 32 oz of water halfway to hospital. The timing was impt for test. But I couldn't open the water bottle! Lately I have needed a gadget to open some of them but I forgot. So I pulled into parking lot and saw a couple walking in. I pulled over...no parking zone...and called out the window...hey...do you think you guys could help me...then i make sexist comment...I say. Probably the guy. Sheesh. Felt like a jerk. Then apologized and showed them my water bottle and thanked them. And they went off giggling...so yeah...ppl are good

I tried to do a few productive things today...but I couldn't do any of the thinking things

There's still a lot of clutter and it needs to be all picked up by Sunday noon so cleaning lady can clean. But I just couldn't seem to do it. Sometimes i walze around putting stuff where it goes so easy. Other times I just can't do it

So I watched some movies. Took Etta for short walk. I was in walker. We can't actually walk. Too much ice. But I sat in walker and let her explore around me. Then moved 20 feet and let her do it again. She got cold pretty quick

I noticed driveway ice was melting a little so scraped what was easy...but that really was about all I did

So I'm going real easy on myself. But I hope I can get ready for cleaner tomorrow

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I miss eggs too! I can't remember the last time I had a boiled egg. I used to really rely on them. Hope you feel better soon and can rest up this weekend.

Kayak .. What?? A sexist comment?? I keep one of those rubbery things in my console so I can open water bottles. You know .. those flat/soft things?
I hope you have a good weekend. Will it be warmer?

Hubby is slowly getting better. He actually ate some chicken tonight. I sure hope I don't get this stuff! What's scary is I'm sure I'll be exposed to it again. I've heard of a lot of people having it here.

I'm watching that holiday thing on TV... Hiker, I watched Hallmark this afternoon. My sister in law got me hooked on those.

Oh... Saw Marie Osmond on the Christmas show .. She needs to fire her plastic surgeon.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Took Mom to run some errands. Today her knee and shoulders were hurting so she didn't do to well. If her knee doesn't improve in the next couple days will call her doc. In the meantime will try massage for shoulders and ice for her knee.

Hiker-Hope you enjoyed your day off. Interesting about your energy healer. Does she do muscle testing to determine what foods you can eat? My functional chiro used it and I had dairy, wheat, tomato and other restrictions.

Kayak-I have good and bad days too. My good ear is starting to hurt a bit and am hoping I won't lose some hearing in that ear too. Noticed I'm getting a tad forgetful also. And I'd give anything to be able to sleep better! Since stopping benadryl in the evening I'm not sleeping to much. Sigh.....

TuTu-Out of your post all I can remember is Marie Osmond. Did you see her in person?!? How fabulous is that! Ever since my eyelid lift I've got mismatched eyes now. I wonder if my surgeon is related to hers. LOL!

You all are awesome and see everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu...the sexist part was asking for the guy to help as opposed to the woman...not asking for help. Not sure what would happen to me if I didn't ask for help

And...it is getting warmer...supposed to get to 30 today and tomorrow. With sun. It will melt a lot of ice.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ha...I've got mismatched legs since last knee surgery

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. No, Marie Osmond was on TV .. but I HAVE seen her perform here in person. She was better than I expected. It was back in the early 90's. She did her own act. I think she was about 35 yrs old at the time.

kayak .. I don't even think of that as being sexist .. It's usually real, so I would go with it.

I'm still OK, but my stomach is on the blink. I thought I was getting the flu last night, but I made it to this morning and was OK. Now my stomach is acting up again.

Hubby is getting ready to go out into the real world today. Heading up to church to get things ready for Sunday.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Got a hair cut this morning.

Then did my usual Saturday cooking to freeze meals for the week.

Walked about 20 minutes. Seems like forever since I have walked outside, but almost 50 here today.

My brother sent me a DNA kit for Christmas, so I swabbed my mouth and mailed it in. In 6 weeks or so I should know if I am part dog or turtle. [Big Grin]
I know I have some German roots; should be interesting to find out the rest.

I started working on my family tree on the internet. This will be a good retirement project.

Will watch Illini basketball tonight as well as some of the NCAA national volleyball finals.

Have a good evening.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I really wanted to have house decluttered for cleaner tomorrow. I didn't get it done. I did get a few things done and it wore me out and I have been napping and watching movies

Some texting With daughter too. There is a possibility I will see them after all. It will depend on weather. But there is a place for me and etta if I can get there

Today I went to bank...bought veggies to add to chic soup I made the other day. And bought new mop head for new cleaning lady

I also found a few bills and managed to pay them on phone

I still owe care credit from Ettas illness but I never got statement. I hope I remember to call them Monday...I don't want to end up paying interest

The house is still piles of clutter and piles of empty totes. I hope I manage to consolidate stuff early tomorrow

I have appts everyday next week and if I travel I have to pack...and that is hard for me

Well I'm glad tutu is still ok...

Hiker my son started the ancestry stuff...actually my MOM had a family tree done...back to the Mayflower. Then my sister started working on it and Gave it to my son who gave it to me

I hope after holidays I can get involved with it. I have other projects too. The grand kid pics are piling up

Ak it must be nice to have that testing behind you so you can look forward to the holidays

See you guys soon

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. that will be great. You can also connect with people who share your DNA, if you desire to. I didn't learn a lot from the testing, but I need to get more info from Livewello. I couldn't figure out how to access the information there.

Kayak .. If you get a chance, go to FB and watch the video I tagged you in. Be sure to turn on the sound. It's pretty funny! Made me think of you.

They are predicting snow and/or ice for Christmas. Oh joy. I would hate to have our Christmas Eve service messed up. Darn! We always have a beautiful service .. hubby works hard on it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-A bit warmer today. Did 2 loads of laundry and went to my support group meeting with friend and we did some shopping at Ross. I found much needed smaller and warmer PJ's. One is a light weight polar fleece gown and the other is a shorter flannel one. I'm in heaven wrapped up in some warmth now.

Kayak-I think our surgeons ARE related! Are you going to your daughters for Christmas? Hoping it's not to far of a drive.

TuTu-Marie used to be a fine vocalist back in the day. And speaking of weather....it's supposed to be 70 degrees on Christmas Day here. That is soooo depressing!

Hiker-What a productive day! That DNA kit sounds like fun. I've wanted to do one for medical reasons but it'll have to wait.

Sorry gang, can't keep my eyes open!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement