LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise...What can you do today? Feb 11

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise...What can you do today? Feb 11
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'm first to get this going!finally huh?

I'm fighting flu so exercise is pretty much trying to eat and drink right...and do basics for me and dog

There is a minimum amount of snow and slush clearing too so I don't get iced in

Right now its pouring. Supposed to melt snow. I don't think I'm in danger of flooding like some places. Ppl and vehicles are falling thru the ice and activities canceled.

In facing fact that even before flu hit I'm having major problems just getting basics done and I may have to make some difficult decisions and give up some dreams

Also I cannot contact doc office that is treating infected eye for 3 days. All I can think is they closed due to flu. But there is no message about that on phone. They don't puck up or return calls. They have a lot of patients

Hope everyone else is doing a little better than me today...but I'm very greatful I didn't have severe flu like some. Just a hanging on flu

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LP--Thanks for getting us started. Hope you feel better quickly.

Church was cancelled due to snow and ice.

I spent 45 minutes or more clearing driveway and sidewalk. Now hoping snow is done for the day.

Doing laundry and cooking a chicken breast.

Otherwise a lazy day.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Each day will get better, LP .. just keep going and stay safe!

Hiker .. We cancelled church and didn't get very much ice. Not sure how bad the roads are, but most people are staying in today. I know it's pretty bad north of us.

I finally got good sleep last night. First time in about a month.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for getting us started Kayak!

My Mom and I are trying to straighten things out. She wants me to do more for myself instead of just being her caregiver. So I'm hitting the gym again and starting my buns of steel dvds.

Will try to do some volunteer work also.

Holding off on the job because it's not even feasible because her doctor and hospital are about 1 1/2 hours away.

We're heading there tomorrow for her first appointment.

Had a wonderful busy weekend taking care of my 13 year old niece. Bought her a craft project and we did a bit of shopping. Nothing spectacular but it was good for my Mom and all of us really.

Glad to hear everyone is feeling better and see you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sounds good a.k. a balance. im sure if i was facing what your mom was i would be a bit difficult. even tho i meant well.

you guys are getting much worse weather than me its very wet and will freeze every night but above freezing during day and with all the salt and sand on roads travel should not be a problem

im in isolate mood tho...i do not want to get the bad flu and i think my immune system is tuckered out

i have called eye doc 5 days in a row and left messages when allowed and not had a call backe last call line was busy fr 10 calls

im concerned about the steroid eye drop it sorta helps in an odd way...and i just dont want to do more damage to eyes or body

there is a long walk to this office from where you park or i would go there...but it really hurt my legs the 2 times i walked in...i might ask neighbor to check it out...shes a shop a holic and it is in a mall...it might be fun for her!

yesterday i decided to take etta for a ride in car cuz she was stir crazy...also we are both kinda creeped out cuz i got money from atm and didnt realize it was full of the burning toxin lied dryer sheets...i stuck it in my pocketbook and left pocketbook open and moved it all over house befor i realized i was spreading it...it got on etta and she was spreading it...when i realized what was going on i put it in a thick baggie...many who have this problem have been dealing with this stuff for awhile...their credit cards pick it up too

i gave etta a bath and that helped...but she was really naughty in the bath...shes usually good i wonder if it hurt her...after she dried off we went on ride in car and got lost and were more than half way to beach when i figured out where we were so we took a drive down and back...wind kept changing but it was off water for awhile and that meant some good breathing

the guy next door with bad cars has been trying to fix his own sewer problem for 2 yrs...i smell sewer when it is wet like it is now...its so wrong that these smells are allowed to pollute the air...it makes me think of leaving...but gees...5 yrs of remediations...about 10k a year! and because of location it wont add value to house...i still believe its best to hunker down and keep inside right...20% of the time the wind is right so i can work and play in my gardens... and i might put some time into fixing van so im more comfortable at beach...also mountains have great air and they are about 90 min away

ok...better stop this ramble

last night i actually made a little more progress on papers...but im giviing up on some projects and just stuffing all my playthings in totes. if i label well its less stressful for me.

i really have to priotize self care for awhile...

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kids were naughty at school today. Don't know what their problem was.

Ran an errand after school.

No exercise--knee bothering me again after shoveling.

Glad I can veg out with Olympics in the evenings this week--although papers will need to be graded as the week goes on.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK.. I'm so glad you and your mom were able to talk things out. I'm sure she is just scared and not sure what to do.

kayak .. I'll post some info for you on the scents. Someone posted the info and it really fits. I pray you don't have a salicylate sensitivity.

Our neighbor brought me a box of unscented trash bags!! It was left at our door, but I think I know who left it. Probably the same sweet person who bought groceries for us when we were sick. She's also in my Bible study group.

Found something out ... I took the unopened box of trash bags back to Dollar General. I can't believe I actually found the receipt. (I've been saving them in envelopes as of late.)

The lady there told me that they take all of the plastic bags (scented and unscented) to make these bags. So that explains why Kayak is finding so many that are contaminated. I can't BELIEVE they do that.

Normally, I buy Glad or Hefty. (usually Glad). I think they are safe. I've never hit a bad one. The one my neighbor brought me is from Wal Mart and it is marked as unscented. I've never seen one that was marked unscented! Cool!!

Hiker .. Enjoy the Olympics tonight! Last night was awesome!

We stayed inside all weekend so it was good to get out today. It was sunny and about 40+ degrees. Pretty nice, really.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well I did some exercise and its scaring me. I've noticed my heart pounding in my chest a lot ...even when I'm lying in bed..
Today I decided to wash kitchen floor since I washed scatter rugs last night

I did a 5'x6' spot first and when I was done my pulse and resting heart rate were high 90 s and low hundreds

But they stayed there...even tho I was watching tv and resting...for a long time. The rest of the day it was like that. After an hour I did the rest...about 8'x8' it doesn't matter how long I sit. Resting heart rate always in 90s...usually high 90s

All primary will do is offer me stations. I'm not due for stress echo for a year. I think I need a better doc. But no idea where to find one.

I don't understand how I can have times when I stride out and Etta is trotting ahead of me and I keep going over 20 min. Then other times I can't take one step without support

I'm supposed to go to knee doc. Fri and he will take xrsys but he always says the surgery is successful and that is not where my pain is coming from

I know his rating goes down if he admits a problem...but how can he be the one who decides

I have papers...again...to take from workers comp lawyer... But doc has to admit I am not 100% and I don't think he will

I'm going to make a list of what I can't do but in the past he always finds something else to blame it on

Oh well

Flu is the same but eye doc finally called. He wants me to stop eyedrops...and go see him wed. I hope that's a good appt and I don't catch any thing

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hiker...your kids are pretty good most of the time...I guess its to be expected

Tutu...what's up with my heart? I guess I could try to bike...in the past I cannot get heart rate up beforeleg pain stops me

I love to swim but it hurts so much to change clothes...idk

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Maybe it’s from being ill. Mine was 108 today while I was brushing my teeth. It’s been really high lately. Even caught it last week at 178. I’m wondering if mine isn’t from my inhalers. I just checked it again it’s 103 sitting here. Great. I’ll see my primary tomorrow.

Tachycardia is at 100. I don’t worry about 90’s but I don’t like it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. Here's what someone wrote today about smells:

"The reactions to 'smells' are to airborne phenols which are processed in the body via the same chemical reactions as Salicylate. So if you are not doing a good job of processing sals then you will not be able to properly detox the airborne phenols that make up most odors.

If you are also histamine sensitive the hypothalmus causes histamine release in response to odors as well."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hmmm...I'm not doing well handling what I already have. I don't think I can deal.with more. I take aspirin everyday. Doesn't that mean I don't have a problem with salss?

R u saying...reacting to smells...or smelling what others don't could be sx of sales?

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Participated in a water aerobics class for the first time and enjoyed it very much. Then hit the steam room for awhile which felt like heaven to my aching shoulder and si joint.

Then off to ATL with Mom for her appointment with the cancer radiologist.

I'm so impressed with the PA and Dr that talked with us today. We've decided on a treatment called chemo embolisation. Down time of 7-10 days with some pain, nausea and fatigue. They go in through a vein and put chemo beads directly onto the tumor.

Very optimistic but tired.

Thanks guys for being here for me!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sounds promising, AK! Keep us posted.

Kayak, I’ll ask more questions for you. Maybe your sals bucket is so full that any little scent drives you crazy now. One aspirin would fill the bucket.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I didn't want to get up today but Etta insisted

I did manage to work on getting this years finance stuff organized

I was very slow but happy I kept at it

I had alarm set for 230 to take Etta for walk. It was cold but ok. I walked her without canes or walker for about 20 min. I was kinda slow but walking without help was a big deal. I couldn't do that for a week

Then I rolled 2 big trash cans out to road...so I was on my feet 30 min

When i came in hr was 120. I think that is good for exercise. In 6 min it was down to high minutes low hundreds...so I guess considering all my other problems that's ok

After an hr tv it was high 80s. It feels like its gonna jump right out of my chest and sometimes does a fish flop but I guess its ok

Ice been resting 2 hrs now and would really like to finish up paperwork so I can focus on taxes the next time I can do this. Tomorrow is eye appt and Friday is knee appt....maybe I can do $ again thurs...but probably weekend makes more sense

I got construction guy on phone. He hasn't been returning my texts. He was supposed to finish the back of house...siding and 5 windows in April....he says now it will be may but promises it will be first dry week and they will get it done quickly

I hope it happens like he says
It will

I'm fighting mucus in throat today and not sure if its related to steroid drops doc told me to stop cold Turkey yesterday(after telling me in office last week I should wean off them)...or if its normal histamine reaction to food...or reaction to a weird thing that happened yesterday

Neighbor bought me bag of baby carrots. When I opened bag the room was filled with moldy smell. They looked totally fine

I cooked a cup of them with a sirloin steak thatwasc leftover from holidays. It cost 12. Wasn't organic. But would have made 6 to 8 meals of protein for me.

During cooking the carrots smelled really strange. After I realized they smelled like sewer

So gross. I tossed them and steak but house still stinks. I've been trying to air it out but not working

I hope ozone will fix it but that's a big deal too...have to find a time etta and I can leave
For a few hours

All so tiring

If I could take more Epsom salt baths I think the smells would bother me less. But I am just so tired and slow

But...I had a really good walk today and I threw some papers away and organized others...so I did make some progress

Hiker I hope your kids were good today

A k I'm glad you were able to make some decisions.

And tutu...thanks for helpingbmevwith heart stuff

I think I'm gonna start a load if laundry...last of the smelly stuff that has been soaking in baking soda and get in the tub. Nite!

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--One day at a time, eh?

Ak--Sounds like your mom has a good plan. Good for you for doing water aerobics. Much better for the joints.

This seems to be a week of errands after work.

Went to drop of watches at jeweler-one to get fixed and one needs a new battery.

Went to chiropractor. That should set off a toxin release.

Never did watch Olympics last night. Maybe tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow.. I don't know about a sewer smell, but carrots in bags have added chlorine. I found that out years ago and stopped buying them.

I went to WalMart today and they have NEW quick checks (self-check outs) in several places. They redid it all over the holidays.

So I went to a large one next to the big quick check area. I smelled something awful and couldn't figure out what it was. I looked around and saw a guy on the other side but didn't think that was the source.

I scanned a few items and then it hit me that I was smelling MOLD and it seemed to be in the new machine!!! I will probably let the manager know, but I doubt they will do anything about it. I will avoid that one for sure in the future.

I know kayak .. I can't believe I couldn't identify what it smelled like!

Thursday I have an appointment with my allergist's NP .. I didn't feel comfortable with my GP taking care of it. He basically did nothing about it today. He agreed that the my tachycardia was probably from the inhaler but didn't change it.

My allergist always wants to know if the asthma is under control or not .. and if it's not, to let him know. I couldn't get an appointment with him for another 5 weeks.

Kayak .. hope your appointments go well this week!

AK.. water aerobics? How do you handle the chlorine? More power to you!!

Hiker .. Hope you get to watch the Olympics tonight. You didn't miss a whole lot last night, but the female snowboarder was pretty awesome. He name escapes me right now. She won gold for the US .. her last name is Kim.

*editing to add: Chloe Kim*

[ 02-13-2018, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Dusted off my buns of steel DVDs and did an ab and bun workout. Hate to say they about killed me. I've lost so much muscle and the DVDs wore me out.

Ran errands then celebrated Josh's Bday by going out for Mexican. Cake, ice cream and presents later so we had a great time.

Believe it or not TuTu I didn't smell chlorine in the pool.

Guys, I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open.

See everyone tomorrow!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--You are really hitting up the exercise. I am impressed. You are doing enough to make up for my lack of exercise.

Early meetings at school. Then to jewelry store to pick up watches that needed new batteries.

Still am nursing sore throat. Had it last week and then felt fine Friday and Saturday. Came back Sunday and hasn't left. Doesn't look red and no fever.

Lady who cleans my house has been sick all week and cancelled for Thursday. Lots of germs still out there.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I was at eye doc for over 3 hrs

Very smelly. Sweet sick smell like dryer sheets. But one worker showed me Clorox wipes and sprays and alcohol wipes...they are nice and seem to have other mcs ppl

There's a lot of things wring with eyes. I should have 2 new pair glasses next week that will help...her putting me on long term doxy. And in 3 months I need 4 hrs of testing to figure out if I have glaucoma

I'm very tired tonight. I'm sitting around. Took 2 hour nap

Tomorrow I have to prep my brain to ask knee doc to declare my knees a certain % loss of use

They are. But I don't think He will admit it

Its stressful to figure out how to make him do it. If I get an award its going into a special account for cleaning person cuz with shoulder I really can't do it

Last night I took a real bath in my Jacuzzi tub. For 3 yrs I have been sitting on shower chair on lowest setting. I get wet up to my knees and the Epsom salt works...I've been afraid if I lie down I won't be able to get up

But last night in did it. I was in tub 2 hrs. It was wonderful. But this morning my shoulder hurt worse than normal so I have to figure how to get out of tub without using left arm and left leg

Yep. One day at a time

A k I probably already said this but about 10 yrs ago I went to a water exercise class for fibromyalgia ppl. I'm sure many had Lyme too.

It helped me so much! It was an hour 3x a week. Very soon I felt so good after I started swimming laps. First with board...then different strokes.

I hope it works for you. Better than that wall for your shoulder!

--------------------

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Wednesday-Ab and Leg DVD workout and then hit the gym for about 25 minutes of lap swimming. I'm not that great of a swimmer so was kinda doing a crawl one lap then swam on my back for the next. Afterwards hit the steam room. I'm pretty sore everywhere, especially my neck and abs.

I don't smell a whole lot of chlorine at the pool but noticed I was wheezing a bit while swimming laps. Hope I can manage but if not on to the MACHINES!

Hiker-Thanks for the encouragement. I'm at the suffering through it stage which is discouraging. I guess with age you can't really afford to take months off from your exercise routine and expect to bounce right back into it. I've lost so much muscle it's alarming to me. So I'm doing slow and steady so I don't injury myself.

Oh and BTW gang, happy Valentine's day!

[kiss]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm here .. off to bed .. going to the city tomorrow...

[hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Is you eye pressure high? Is that why you need more testing for glaucoma?

Graded a lot of papers after work but these were fun to grade. Kids drew the process of photosynthesis or respiration from the perspective of a leaf or a glucose molecule. Some pretty good art and some humor inserted.

Ak--I want buns of steels and biceps and triceps of steel, too. Not happening right now.

Tutu-what's the news from the big city?

Very foggy here. School bus hit a car and rolled over. Thank God only minor injuries. Fog due to snow melting--hurrah for that.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Did my ab and lower leg DVDs and then hit the gym and managed 30 minutes on the treadmill. Ran some errands and did some grocery shopping now getting ready to settle in for the night and watch some more of the Olympics.

Kayak-I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday! We posted at the same time. Believe it or not Josh was diagnosed recently with glaucoma. He's using eye drops now and I hope and pray it won't advance anymore. Take care of your eyes! I'm enjoying the pool and agree it's easier on my messed up shoulder. I hope the chlorine doesn't do me in.

Hiker-I'd like to be solid steel too but don't see that happening at my age. I'm trying different things to see if I can possibly rehab my own body. It's very slow going. Your grading sounded fun. I've kept stuff from when I was in elementary and high school. Don't know if I have middle school papers. I hung onto everything with art work.

TuTu-What you doing in the big city? Everything OK?

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

My computer keeps giving me fits. It keeps saying that Firefox is not responding. Is that only a Firefox problem or is it a computer problem?

I had an acupuncture appointment this morning and an allergist appointment at 1 pm. My asthma is better than I thought, but it doesn’t feel like it. I may have to stay on the steroid inhaler another month.

I also had time to take a pocket watch to a watch repair place. I don’t think I told y’all about it. I found an exquisite gold pocket watch in our storage. It was wrapped in paper and was inside a glass cup.

I don’t remember ever seeing it before! I showed it to my oldest brother and he doesn’t remember it either. I’m hoping it belonged to my grandfather, whom I never met.

The repair guy was not qualified to appraise it but he told me where to take it.

They can tell me how old it is. I’m guessing it’s 100 years old. I’m hoping it’s older than that!

It’s a gorgeous watch. So anyway.....That’s my news.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh hey... I was talking to my doctor's nurse today and I showed her the watch. She said she loves history and that her mother has a lot of her grandmother's old brooches and other jewelry.

She said one of her relatives was a stagecoach driver. I said, "A stagecoach driver, that's really cool." She said, "No, a stagecoach robber!"

[lol]

I said, "Well, at least you aren't related to Bonnie and Clyde." She said, "No, just Jesse James and Daniel Boone!" [Big Grin]

So .. she has booty from his robberies! [lol] ... Still laughing over here.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hi. Busy week for me. I'm pretty sure I had a short walk yesterday with Etta not positive tho

But today drove to beach to get my healthy bread. Etta explored for about 15 min on the long leash while I sat. Then we walked about 15 min

At home I tried to work on bills. Not very productive. Did a little

I'm upset about knee doc appt tomorrow cuz I have to ask doc to write letter to lawyer to settle workers comp. If I say it right it might finally all be over...my son in law is a lawyer and he helped me understand what to say. That took some stress off

Hiker...no. I do not have high pressure. But one optic nerve looked messed up in a pic he took. He said there is a new diagnosis of glaucoma with normal pressure and its good because finding it early means you canholdit off longer or something

But the cloudiness in seeing cold be from that if it is glaucoma or from new cataracts or maybe not...maybe glasses will fix everything but at my age we have to keep an eye on all of it

I'm surprised about josh. He seems young for that

So did some more bill stuff...not much...and I'm cuddled down now. Oh...I washed my hair too. And brought in trash cans

Hope I sleep. Appt is not until 1. Last night I gave up falling asleep and watched stupid stuff on tv til 4. Then I finally slept til9

Hope I sleep now. I need to get organized. I feel very stressed

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hang in there, LP! Write out what you are supposed to say to the DR so you can memorize it tonight. Say it over and over to yourself until you feel confident.

Thanks for explaining about the glaucoma. My husband's was easy to diagnose because his pressure is high. He's been on drops for a long time.

I hope you get some sleep too!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Wow. I'm back from doc. That was very hard. But I don't think I could have done any better

At the end the doc said he would write I did have some loss of use. He didn't hint at how much.

But he said some shocking things. I have been his patient since 2006. He has done 3 surgeries on me...2 he said were extreme

He said he understood my knees were not perfect but I was lucky I didn't lose both legs!

First I have heard of that

He also said when he checked me last time he wrote in his notes I went back to work!

I was so shocked. I've been out of work for 13 years...what else has he put in his notes that will come back to haunt me

He makes it look like he is wonder-doc...and he really is excellent...but back to work?!?

I'm pretty sure I was wheeled in in wc at that appt

I have no idea what is in my doc notes. Whenever I see them and I tell the doc they refuse to change. They are full of wrong info...but there's no way to fix it

So that's my day. It could have been worse. I did the best I could. But I doubt it will change anything

I need to somehow relax tonight...and try to start fresh tomorrow

I'm tempted to send inc tax in incomplete just to forget about it..

Oh and doc told me my shoulder doc at same practice is retiring next Sept. So I guess I need to face shoulder surgery this summer

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--Hold onto income tax. You still have until midApril.

Glad doc is writing you a note. Hope it helps.

Went grocery shopping after school today and gassed up the car.

Need to get a few chores done tonight and tomorrow morning before I go see my folks.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. It's scary to think what our doctors have written down about us. When will you know what he wrote? I would call next week and ask for a copy of what he sent to workman's comp.

That's awful about the knees AND shoulder.

Income tax can wait .. I haven't even started on it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi guys! Busy day. Started out about 7:45 working out abs and buns, then off to the Y for 30 minutes of slow laps.

Home and gathered bedspread and throws to wash at the laundromat. Made a late brunch for me and Mom and after dishes made her fav apple salad.

Tonight we went to a show at the theatre, The Mystical Arts of Tibet. The Buddhist monks performed multi tonal chanting, sacred music and dance. Instruments were very different and produced unique sounds. Also in the lobby they constructed a sacred mandala with colored sand. All of it was so interesting.

Kayak-Glad your doc appointment went well but I agree with TuTu about inquiring about his report.

TuTu-Your post made me laugh about the robbers. Guess folks just had to make ends meet back then.

Hiker-Have a good time at your folks!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Am at my folks. Just beat the snow.

Spent all afternoon settling up my dad's new computer. Still can't get the printer downloaded.

Watching Olympics. Wine coming up.

Mom and Dad never put away their Xmas decorations. That's my job tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK... That was pretty funny about Jesse James! I know another person (she used to go to our church) who is related to him. Her last name is even "James."

Also... your pool may have something other than chlorine. When we used to have a pool, we used a non-chlorine chemical. It was pretty good. It was fairly new back then, but should be common now.

Hiker .. With us having the flu, I just got my Christmas decorations put away about a week ago!! I was getting worried about the dust they were collecting!! [Smile]

We had choir rehearsal today .. there will only be three of us singing tomorrow! Several are out, and our choir is smaller than last year. We lost two members a few months ago when the husband died and the wife is back in Minnesota now. They had a winter home here. (all of their family is in MN)

I think we need to pray for more choir members!! It's amazing that we can actually sound pretty good, even with 5-6 members. Our pastor injured his leg two months ago and hasn't been able to sing with us. He does the service from a wheelchair!!

He is finally getting better now and should be standing in a few weeks. He can walk, but is not supposed to stand for very long.

Hiker .. I hope you got to see the men's ice skating last night. Wow .. big wow.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Not much sleep up before 6:00 so did ab and leg DVDs then hit the gym. Did 30 minutes on the treadmill and unwound in the steam room.

Busy day making breakfast and attending closing of the Tibetan mandala ceremony. Support meeting and church and hanging out with friend.

Hiker-Enjoy the wine and visiting with folks!

TuTu-Praying for more choir members and me and Mom enjoyed the Olympic men's figure skating finals.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement