LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE: What can you do today? Feb 18-

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE: What can you do today? Feb 18-
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the exercise thread!

Whatcha got shaking and baking this week? We post our activities here to encourage one another to be more active.

Swimming, hiking, biking, cooking, cleaning, gardening, etc. counts here.

Let's get this party started!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6136 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the tail end of last week's thread posted by aklnwlf:

Saturday-Not much sleep up before 6:00 so did ab and leg DVDs then hit the gym. Did 30 minutes on the treadmill and unwound in the steam room.

Busy day making breakfast and attending closing of the Tibetan mandala ceremony. Support meeting and church and hanging out with friend.

Hiker-Enjoy the wine and visiting with folks!

TuTu-Praying for more choir members and me and Mom enjoyed the Olympic men's figure skating finals.

See everyone tomorrow!

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6136 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. I have to go back and reread yesterdays post. I think I missed some

I woke up to 7 in of heavy snow that wad supposed to be 3 in of fluffy snow and a phone I couldn't read cuz no light

Lots of things are not working on phone...I need to call company

Plow guy showed up even tho I was hoping to save some money...it will be 40 later...60 tomorrow and 70 s Wed...very strange for nh in Feb...so melting should handle it

I'm still slowly getting over flu and exercise has been trying to catch up on housework and paperwork that is hard for me

Yesterday wind was off ocean so I just took dog and we went to beach for a few hours. Very raw and cold but we took a bunch of short walks and then warmed up in van in between

Today will be inside exercise...housework etc and a

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At sunset I will go rake snow off vinyl garage...hopefully a lot will have melted

And then detox bath...that counts as exercise now that getting dressed is one of hardest things I do

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I had to come back cuz I know you guys are my strongest support system

After almost a week of not doing paper work I started it again. Within 20 min my eyes were burning and watering so bad I couldn't see at all

When I got them ok I went back and found 1000. I had missed of medical exp

I'm resting again. I still don't know exact cause and prognosis of eye problem but I'm pretty sure it is real

Doc gave me much stronger glasses. Should be ready this week

He also dx age related cataracts...but he is not sure yet how much they are affecting vision. After I'm used to glasses he will reevaluate

Also...he's concerned about glaucoma cuz something is wrong with optic nerve. I know horses with Lyme often have optic nerve problems.

He wants to wait 3 months to do glaucoma testing! So we don't mix apples and oranges...I have 3 conditions that could be causing vision problems and I have been trying to ignore them...I'm so used to ...its just Lyme...nothing we can do

I'm so mixed up now. This is real. And on top of physical and cognitive disabilities...this is really hard

I'm scared.

Knee doc shocked me Friday when he said I was lucky I didn't lose my legs because I waited so long to fix them

I'm just in shock. I have to find a way to live this way. I'm scared. So many things to adapt for

I guess I am going to put energy into finishing taxes as best I can with lots of rests. It may be the last time I have to itemize with new law

I just don't want to throw this money away. House isn't quite finished...after 6 years...but I think I'm close. Hopefully done by august

I just need your live guys. I'm scared. With my allergies and histamine problems I know I will suffer if forced into care. Lime nursing home

I'm ok with really simple isolated life...but not if I get rashes and can't breathe...I'm scared

But many live with each of these disabilities...its just figuring out all of them together

I haven't talked like this before. I know. I try to pretend it isn't real.

I'm glad you guys are here

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's been five years since your last eye appointment, so the glasses may help a LOT. We'll just pray for that to be a big help. Even gaining 50% of your vision would be a big plus.

Maybe you should make an appointment with an ophthamologist and see him/her in 3 months. If you like and trust the optometrist, he may be able to handle things. Just something to think about.

Going into assisted living would be very hard for you (and AK and me) .. but you could end up doing much better than you think!

AK .. That Tibetan event looked pretty interesting! You seem to have a lot of different cultures where you live.

Our choir trio did fine this morning. Lunch out for a salad was good. Hubby had a small pizza. Made me wish I had ordered a GF pizza ..but not sure if it would make me sick due to the histamine.

I've been working on cleaning out my closet and donating clothes, purses, belts, anything I'm not using or wearing. It's headed OUT.

I am having trouble when it comes to getting rid of favorite clothes that are too small. Will I be able to wear them again .. or not?

SO many times I have gained or lost tons of weight. Things seem to have leveled off now, but ya never know!! I got rid of 5 purses!

Onward, forward!!!

I have a busy week .. Bible study, OCC meeting, and a MCAS support group lunch together. In between all of that, I hope to exercise this week.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lp--we got snow and ice yesterday that we didn't expect. Don't worry about your garage. One day at a time.

Sometimes I get scared, too, about what the future holds, but I know God is there every step of the way.

Mom and dad still have their xmas decorations out, so I took them down, boxed them up and took them to storage in the basement. They are failing fast. [Frown]

My high school friend, Diana, came to eat dinner with her mom today, so we all ate together. Good to catch up with her.

Tomorrow I get to see my friend who lives in Boston. She is visiting her dad this week. Haven't seen her in several years.

Still working on getting dad's computer working. Got his email going but still can't load the printer and scanner and I know I should be able to. Grr.

Warming into the 60's tomorrow, but thunderstorms and wind coming. Not looking forward to driving home in it, but may take the back roads to avoid the semis that kick up so much water.

Think I will take a nap and then watch Olympics with parents tonight. Snacks for dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ty

After resting eyes I had an idea and looked in a tote and found 3 missing explanation of benefits

Now I am only missing 2. I spent about 1650. On doc appts. And 1200 on prescriptions

Milage will probably take a full day to do

The eob s have it written over and over that I don't have to pay anything because of some insurance thing

I talked to an ins guy again..3rd one..they are all really nice and all say the same thing

This one said I have done enough. He said don't pay them. Tell them one more time I writing its up to them to contact ins company

It's a Medicare rule...so I'm pretty sure I 'll be ok.
I see one place they are charging me for something to make my breasts look better...but what they did was bilat mastectomy

I'm calmer. Just can only do a small chunk each day.

Hiker...its gonna be 72 here wed! Are you getting hot weather too?

This week I have 2 things scheduled...picking up glasses and the 21st at night going to workshop at pt to help shoulder

I'm not sure if I already went to one a year ago

Tutu...I have 3 sizes clothes...too big (in a tote)...too small (in a tote) and just right in my room

But I really think I have to hold on to everything cuz I really can't buy anything with new fabric cuz I get so sick from it

There was so much melting I didn't feel bad about not raking garage roof

Well...time for bed. I did get a big load of laundry done and and a bunch of dishes

Ty for being there.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good... yes, be sure to put that in writing. They are just being jerks.

I think I am going to put some of my favorite small clothes in a tote. Our garage is getting a bit too full! We hope to work on throwing things out this spring.

I told hubby I would hire a helper if need be. He may be too busy to help. We could also do some on the warm days this month, but we're not really ready to tackle it yet.

Tuesday it will be 68 here and on Wednesday it will be 38 .. so you have more weather on its way!

We will get lots of rain this week .. We really need it, but they are warning us that we may get too much! We've only had 8 inches of rain since September!!

I need to make a list of things to do tomorrow. I have a lot to accomplish!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

im taking a break anc coming here instead of trying to figure out what i really owe docs i called one hospital center...the one affiliated with mass gen...that i hate...but i do like a few of the docs a lot...my oncologist and gyn...

so she gave me a list that was way shorter of what i owe it was easier to just pay it she says it is infull i know i have paid 15. too much for a few appts to 2 docs...and i will probably never get it back...but its a huge stress off me to pay it up to date

from now on i am going to pay those docs correctly...20 on the dos...and when they start charging me the xtra 15 i will have it in writing to send to the ins company

theis is so much bs to pay a freakin bill!!!

i also called the hospital that is charging me 37000 for breast surgery it is in appeals

so i am just going to forget about that

that lady was really nice to me too

i cant believe they are charging me for a breast reduction when i didnt have breasts!!!

ok enough

when i woke up this morning THERE WAS ZERO SNOW ON GARAGE ROOF!!! i am so glad i listened to you and didnt go out and rake it...its slippery out there

i also talked to my tax lady and some of my fears are probably not real...no one really knows some of the answers when there is a change in the law but some stuff being reported is wrong as far as she knows im so happy she has done my taxes for over 10 years and she understnds when i dont understand something she never treats me like im stupid...

so there is a chance i can send that to her today...whew...that would be huge...

i also started small savings accounts for the 2 new grand kids my son has told me oftern they really have way too much stuff...so many toys they dont use etc i cant do a college acct or anything but im just putting 25 a month away for each and if something special comes up i will be able to send it...if i die they just get the money

so that makes me feel good automatic things make me feel good

when i get these things done im going to prioritize detox baths and exercis hopefully walking but if i cant walk im going to use bike and do pt stuff...

the shins and shoulder are so incredibly painful.

and disabling as well. i have to make it easier...im crying and screaming out so much ettas personality is changing

i know there are so many so much worse off than me...but i also know i am really going down now...and i need to make some changes.

my fun will be organizing pics into pic books that are mold resistant...

and maybe starting ansestry.com i just heard they have a sale now

hope hikers kids behave! and tutu s weather behaves! and AK doesnt hurt herself exercising!!! honestly ak your exercising...cooking and yard work exhaust me. i dont get how you can keep doing that

thank you for being there friends. ive been waking up shaking in the bed with anxiety that was one of my first lyme symptoms using hydroxyzine for insomnia took care of it for 30 yrs or so. that drug was used in huge amts for my mom when she was hospitalized for severe anxiety that turned out to be lyme she was taking 300mg

i took 75mg before bed at the most recently i have been taking 50 because that is waht allergist wants me on for mcad i guess i can go up to 75 again and hope anxiety will stop...but maybe once i get thru today and tie up these loose ends the anxiety will go away anyway

i am really happy i have gotten off almost all my prescriptions...i only take 1 omemprazole when for 20 plus years i took 4 a day.

and im off gabapentin. and cut down the hydroxy

i tried to stope the diclofenec that replaced the ibuprofen...but in 2 days i was so much worse i had to go back on its way lower dose than ibu tho 75mg 2 x a day...12 hrs apart.

thats it well im supposed to start doxy for eye doc...

so sorry for the ramble. i hope i am back to myself soon.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm so glad you called the docs and hospitals .. AND the tax person. I don't really know what changes you are referring to, but relying on her is a good plan. It takes awhile for any changes in the laws to affect us and it takes awhile for the tax people to get all the information they need on any changes.

I'm at least spending my day getting ready to start the tax work. I'm cleaning out files so I can put more in the filing cabinet! I have stuff I haven't been filing because it's such a pain.

I'm organizing it so it's easier to find things. I have files for every little thing. It's easier to just have a file for "MEDICAL" .. or "DOCTORS."

I may even just file things by the year. A medical file for "2018" .. etc

We'll see .. I'm not finished yet. Shredding is fun. HA! Sort of!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday-Ab and lower leg DVDs today then about 30 minutes of slow laps at the Y.

Went drinking with friend in a smoky environment Saturday and was sick as a dog on Sunday. Not a hangover but a huge MCAD reaction. Had swelling and stinging pain everywhere. Feel better today but still not back to normal.

Kayak-I know what you mean about being afraid. I was worried yesterday but didn't say much to family. Really gonna have to update my will. Everything was to be taken care of by my sister who passed away in 2013. It's hard what we all are going through and I'm so grateful for everyone here on our little thread.

TuTu-Yep, I'm in the same boat with you and Kayak. I have problems with overwhelming scents and perfumes. Going to the Y recently has been an eye opener. They use some kind of orange scented cleaner or air freshener and some folks wear to much perfume!

Hiker-Glad you're enjoying time off with your parents. I'm taking it a day at a time with my Mom.

See you all tomorrow!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

GAG...orange is the WORST!!! I do pretty well at our cardiac rehab .. I hope to go there tomorrow if the weather isn't too bad.

AK... you really need to be careful about smoke. You don't want to be calling 911~!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lp and tutu--You both sound productive. I should be doing some school work, but am not.

Saw my friend, Jani, today. Wonderful to catch up even though we only had a few hours together. She is retiring this year from her high school teaching job out east and they are going to Hong Kong and teach at a school there for 2 years. I am not that brave.

Bade goodbye to my folks and drove home in the rain.

Rain stopped long enough for me to go to grocery store. Literally got blown part away across the parking lot. Thought I was not going to be able to stop.

Forgot the aluminum foil, so had to go get some before I could pop chicken breast in oven.

We are expecting up to 8 inches of rain this week. Going to be a lot of flooding.

Tomorrow is a teacher meeting day and I think I am going to just call in sick. I know that is not professional, but I am really exhausted and it is all about next year's curriculum, so it won't make much difference if I miss it.

I love visiting my folks, but it is really tiring to try and get all the things done that they need.

Off to drink my lemon tea. I call it my detox tea and I need it after cheating and eating dairy and having wine the past 2 days.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh almost forgot, my Mom's chemo embolization procedure was rescheduled from this Thursday to the following Thursday, March 1 due to a horrible cold that she has.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I think my taxes are all done except mileage. I hope I can do that tomorrow and put them in mail

I've been in my detox bath for an hour. I did take Etta for a short walk...15 min I think. I almost didn't make it back. I had walker but both legs and bad shoulder hurt too much

Then I did taxes about 4 or 5 hours in wc

I'm really glad I'm close to done

Tutu...I have been filing everything in ring binders for 10 yrs or more. Its the only way I don't lose stuff. Someone on
L N taught me how. But now the ring binder and hole puncher really hurt my shoulder so I need to come up with new plan

Ak...I feel bad for your mom. I thought I would break my back with the sneezes in the beginning of virus I had...then with cough...and nose blowing.

It was getting better and now its getting worse again. I really hope I can get into detox tub every other day. Every day is too much

Hiker I'm so glad you will have a day off... I hope you do something special and relaxing

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. I've been considering the use of ring binders. I may use them for certain things. It's a toss up. My brother did that with my mom's medical stuff during her last years.

Since I have a filing cabinet, I may as well use it .. though I could do both. I'm cleaning up that area of the room. (finally)

Hiker .. I hope you don't get any flooding. We are expecting 3-5 inches, but it may come all at once. We are fine on top of our hill though.

AK.. I sure hope your mom feels better soon!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Well, it's pouring down rain now. We sure need it, but I hope it doesn't get carried away.

Hiker .. I'm glad you got to visit with your school chum! All of us from our high school are on Facebook together and we are a tight group! I love being in contact with them now.

Had a bad morning... not sure what set me off, but between "unscented" trash bags that aren't scent-free and not having taken a full dosage of meds yesterday, I took a hit.

Doing much better now and was able to get to the grocery store and health food store.

Hope everyone stays safe and dry!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Still pouring rain, then will change to freezing rain, sleet and snow tonight.

Played hooky from teacher meetings. Slept in a bit and then went on a quick errand.

Otherwise just been reading and watching curling for the Olympics. For some reason I am enjoying that sport.

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Didn't finish my inc tax mileage and I need to stop

Also got organic samples from that stem furniture couch I'm thinking of buying and I'm reactingvto them. So sad. Had my hopes up

Talked to ins and doc and I think I can get doxy cut 65. That will help. And I got some dish soap from Amazon that doesn't smell. I have been fine with blue dawn until a few weeks ago when it started to bother me

Warm and rainy here...my yard looks messy

I hope I can find something to distract me on tv...I'm not that into the Olympics. The girls from nh caught my attention...and the brother sister ice dancing couple

I have a question for tutu but can't remember it. I forced myself to work on the taxes for hours...I did make a lot of progress...but I am dopey right now

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

“Someday,” the great evangelist once said, “you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead.”

Here’s what he said we should think when we hear this news.

“Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Did very little yesterday due to lack of sleep. So no exercise. Just took Mom to her GP appt. She's feeling better and I'm very relieved.

Today I did my ab and bun DVDs and did 30 minutes of slow lap swimming. Sat in the whirlpool which made me kinda itchy. Afterwards cooked myself in the steam room and am home for the day.

Kayak I lucked out this year and don't have to file due to low income. I was sweating about paying the tax penalty for no health insurance but thank God I don't have to pay that either.

Hiker it's hard for me to imagine snow right now because it's almost in the 80's down here. I can't believe it's so warm here already!

TuTu I was just watching HLN and saw that Billy Graham passed away at 99! He sure made a positive impact.

Anyways, guess I have to try and find something to do inside. Kinda wet outside so no weed pulling today.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Well I am ready to mail income tax. It doesn't look good tho. I'm sure I left a bunch of stuff out. It came out half of most years. How could that be with 3 big surgeries

But it's too stressful. I'm sending it. So hope I get about 1500. To put toward credit card balance

I'm lying down to rest back. The outside air is horrible. Warming up like this it smells like chemicals and burns to breathe

Etta wants to go out so bad but I don't want to contaminate inside house

I 'll take her for a ride to get my $5.00 doxy...I hope they got it straightened out

I think no need to explore to find places I can park with good air. Beach has been very disappointing lately. I need to find plowed out places in mts I think...and I. Need to figure out how to make screens for van.

I'm glad you're having a good day a k

I'm actually looking forward to cleaning house..less thinking and eye use. And it will count as exercise

See ya.

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ice this morning delayed school an hour, but at least we had school and don't have to make up the day.

Very thankful I have a garage and did not have to de-ice car.

Stayed late at work to get lessons planned. Feel good about what I am teaching tomorrow,

Ak--I am impressed with your exercise, but sure am glad it is not 80 here.

lp--Now that taxes are done you must feel some relief.

Off to fix dinner and watch Olympics. Don't know what I will do when they are over. I sure enjoy them.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

LP .. I'm sorry you aren't getting as much money back as in the past. Very disappointing. The good news is that you are finished with them! I guess I need to get started on ours.

AK .. You are working hard! So glad your mom is feeling better now. I would hate it to be 80 right now. We hit 80 last week and it made me dread summer!

Hiker .. That's good that you didn't have to make up the day. Our schools had to let out early today.

We had a touch of ice last night and today. I was able to get upstairs for Bible study with no issues. Also able to go out to my car for something this evening.

It's 30 degrees right now and we're getting a snowy mixture. I can't see it, but something is on the radar.

I think I'll do some more shredding tonight and work on clearing our bar of papers. Papers are the bane of my existence.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Hmmm. I'm still in bed. My muscles hurt very bad. I've been awake 45 min and can't force myself to get up cuz of pain. Neck. Back...thorax and lumber. And the bad shoulder off the charts. And I swear the muscles in my hands.

Ivy didn't help yesterday. I'm going to try relaxin today. I 'll have benadryl close. I stopped it cuz its high histamine

This is too much pain. The shoulder got worse the day after I moved some totes to find some papers...so I blamed it on that

The hands could be from extra writing

This is a lot of pain. I can barely tolerate Etta on my lap. She has to get in position quick...lie down and not move or I can't tolerate

I'm still happy about taxes. I'm pretty sure the not getting $ back is because I missed something big...cuz I had way more medical problems last year

I might try to check it over before tax lady does it. I have 3 days and weekend I think

My glasses are ready...have to go to smelly office to get them

I think My doxy is ready...I won't count on that til its in my hand

I didn't go to shoulder workshop last night...I needed to veg out...but I do have an order for shoulder or so I might start that. Its farther than I usually go...but might be worth trying. I'm pretty sure I will have to have shoulder done in July

Oh lordy.... I'm so sick of pain. Deep throbbing pain in so many muscles and burning in chest scar...almost constant. I think the gabapentin stopped that...but I'm off the fans and really don't want to go back

Hope you guys have a good day

I'm so happy those taxes are out of this house.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak .. so all the pain has ramped up since you got off the gabapentin? Any changes in your diet? More oxalates lately? They cause tons of pain for me.

[Frown]

Ask your tax person to check it over and see if anything is missing. She should be able to help you.

Let's hope you can get your glasses and they HELP!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Ab and leg DVD's and then 30 minutes on the treadmill at the Y. Then came home and used the weed popper for about 30 minutes. Making scalloped potatoes for dinner to go with leftover ham and some frozen veggies.

Josh is coming so plan on chilling out after dinner.

Kayak-Am sorry that you're having so much pain. Sure hope you can find something that gives some relief. I have weird pain in my soles and palms. I take Horse Chestnut for it and it helps. I have some vascular issues with the MCAD.

TuTu-I'm dreading summer too! It was hot outside today and gave up popping weeds after 30 minutes. I don't know why it's so warm in February. Can't really remember it being this warm.

Hiker-I killed it on the treadmill today but I need to use more judgement and not overdo it. I can't afford an injury now with my Mom's procedure coming up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ok. Finally exercise report! I went out to get Etta out of house and bring in trash cans but the nasty air of yesterday was gone!

So I stayed out half hour...hobbling...but no cane or walker. Hurt my shoulder bad putting something heavy in trash can

I took the red Christmas bulbs off baby birch...first time enough snow melted to get there

Walked around whole yard...picked up cardboard...trash bags...just plain trash...

Etta found a bunch of chipmunks making tunnels...she dug.

Last night she was sure something was in house...I think they thought spring was here...officially it was 75 yesterday !

So that was slow andsteadybwaljing for half hour...I count that as good exercise

I'm sitting packed in ice now. I really hurt shoulder

I feel like I'm gonna let myself just hang out. I hurt. I'm wheezing. Hard to think

But hopefully rest will help

The gabapentin was prescribed for tri gemial myalgia pain.

Then in hosp for surgery they said it was dangerous to use as needed. I had to take it everyday

So I used it to help with sleep and cut my hydroxyzine...since I took that for insomnia

Then I got Mcad...allergist wanted me back on hydroxy. So I stopped gaba. Tri gem did not come back. But I have noticed burning nerve pain on many scars. I guess tri gem had been helping nerve pain all over body

Anyway. Rest for today. But I did walk half hour!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak . . maybe 100mg of the gaba daily? It does help nerve pain anywhere in the body.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

LP--You amaze me that you deal with the pain that you do. Hang in there.

AK-You rock with exercise, but you are right that you shouldn't overdo.

I, on the other hand, feel like a slug.

Graded quizzes today and the only thing to grade tomorrow is make-up work. Hurrah.

Icy again this morning, but warming up with more rain.

I will exercise vicariously through the Olympic athletes. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Tutu. There's a lot of side effects from long term gaba.

Including brain fog and dementia. Id rather not add fuel to the fire in my brain

I try to ignore it. Neurologists say it can't be fixed now. Too much time has gone by since trauma. But I don't want to make it worse

There are side effects from hydroxy too....but it helps with both histamine and insomnia so I figured it was better choice

Bottom line a new study can come out tomorrow saying either drug has no side effects at all or will kill you tomorrow

So much lying going on. In the end I go with my gut. For 25 yrs I took ibuprofen so I could work and raise kids. The whole time I worried my stomach would hemmorage and i would die before anyone knew what was wrong. But I couldn't work without the ibu

Then they say that study was wrong and ibu is good for your heart. Who knows. I've depened on gut feelings for a long time...I think its angels whispering in my ears. It reduces stress for me to make decisions that way

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

We had A pretty light snow all afternoon. I was curious and dug out old tax returns. I was wrong. My numbers were very similar. I'm probably losing a few hundred but its not worth getting into moldy papers again and stressing my brain for that

I laughed outl loud about hiker being a slug with her full time job...helping parents...and 20-30 min walks almost every day

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--I haven't been walking lately at all due to knee pain and weather.

Hopefully get back to it soon.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak .. Yeah, I know. The gaba is pretty bad long term, but so is not being able to do anything. I thought maybe a LOW dose would work.

My body says NO to it. Even with 100mg I felt awful on it. Years ago during Lyme treatment, I took mega-doses. I can't say I felt "OK" though! I'm glad I didn't take it very long.

I went to an OCC meeting tonight. We got there right before dark. Thank goodness, because we were out in the hills with a GPS that was LOST!

It made us (my friend and I) both quite nervous .. esp since it was raining. We arrived and some other friends were just as shaken and lost as we were. Same problem...GPS!

We only arrived on time because we called to ask directions. We went home a different way which was very easy. My friend was driving.

Got home just in time to see 90% of the women's ice skating competition. WOW .. what an amazing bunch of women!

Speaking of that .. I stayed up Wednesday night until 1:45 to see the USA women beat Canada in hockey. It was beyond amazing. That is why I stayed up. I just HAD to see who won .. and felt like we could do it.

I was so sorry that hiker was asleep and couldn't watch this epic game! I'm far from being a hockey fan, but it was really great to watch.

Going to the city tomorrow for a MCAS lunch meeting. Should be fun!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Friday-Ab and leg DVDs then 30 minutes of slow lap swimming at the Y. Am hoping to take Mom out a little bit today. She's feeling better and I think it might do her some good just to get out of the house.

I'm hoping to get some much neglected housework in like vacuuming and dusting. Trying to do a little more after my morning workout besides just parking it on the couch for the rest of the day.

Kayak-Yay! Way to go on the 30 minutes! That's quite a lot of walking after taking it easy for awhile. I know little Etta enjoyed herself.

Hiker-My knees give me problems every now and then. What I do is put my feet up and tighten my quads and do about 10 reps every now and then. I'm trying to strengthen those muscles to give me some knee support.

TuTu-What I wouldn't do to go to that luncheon with you tomorrow! Let us know what you learn please. I'm struggling with vascular permeability and would love to hear about others struggling with this particular symptom of MCAD.

Anyways, I hear the vacuum calling my name.....

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I'm waiting for them cut my lenses to fit my frames. Those are the bifocals for close and far
They gave me the middle pair for computer. I can see so much better. Wow. Faces are 7dually blurred. I could see the make up. Evetything so sharp

Have you guys had your knees xrayed for the pain. Osteo arthritis is very easy to diagnose. Its well known spiroketes eat cartilage and loss of cartilage is definition of osteoarthritis arthritis

For most ppl surgery is very successful. It got me out of wc 3 times...back to riding and kayaking for 7 years

I'm not as successful because I waited too long...was bone on bone a l9by time...and got so fat fat it was hard to exercise after

You guys are in much better shape than me. It would be more successful

Yuk. I have my mask on but this place is so toxic. I'm itching and tingling...and mask I can still smell pizza next door thru mask. Temptation.

Omg. They called me after waiting an hour for my regular glasses and said the lenses were done wrong and have to be redone...and to make up for it they are giving me new free frame

I'm going from long term metal and rimless...to plastic. A plum color. I hope I don't react to plastic

So that's a pain...but kinda cool too

A few other things happened too. Amazon keeps sending me wrong stuff that I didn't order and refunds my acct but doesn't want it back. I got an 18.00 container of occillium free!

I know a feww other things I am greatful for happened....like my doxy being 5 for 90 days instead of 70.

Time to do a bunch of errands. Neighbors mom passed in nursing home so I need to get a card

And I need to find veggies. Hard this time of year...but march first the organic meat and veggie place opens. I almost made it thru the winter. I love my little freezer

Ok. See ya latter.

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

lp--Would love to see your new glasses and what fun to be able not have blurry vision! I have trifocals in progressive lenses.

Had a guest speaker for 4 of my 6 classes today, so work was easy. National engineering week, so a civil engineer spoke.

Went to library and grocery store.

Tutu--Let us know what you learn from your meeting.

Ak--Way to keep up the exercise.

Hope to be able to watch more of Olympics tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm so happy you can see better, LP! What a wonder it can be! New frame for free is good too. Sorry you have to wait even longer in a smelly place.

That's awesome about getting goodies from Amazon. I was returning some soap I reacted to and they are refunding my money and letting me keep it. I'll give it to someone.

hiker .. I loved teaching on "easy" days. LOL

BTW, I found some "clean" trash bags at Aldi's today. My hairdresser showed me hers and they passed the sniff test. [Smile]

AK .. Go the the mast cell site and ask questions. Didn't you say you might have EDS? There's a vascular form of it. One of our new members in our local group has EDS. (we have a few others, too)

We got the sillies today at lunch. (This was mostly get a social get-together)... We took a pic for our cover page on our local group's FB page. We were holding up signs that say "Rare Disease Day" or something. (It's Feb 28) ..

After we took the pic, I said, "Everyone in here is thinking 'OH, that's why they are so weird, they have a rare disease!'"

We had already been giggling, so that gave us a serious case of it. [lol]

Had to drive home in rain .. It was heavy, but not so bad that I was afraid. Just got home about 30 minutes ago. Hubby was in the city all day too, waiting on the Highlander to be repaired. We found an issue and they split the cost with us since we had just bought it recently.

We found the problem (in the STEERING!!) soon after we bought it and made two trips to TX with it like that! Not good!

AK .. Be sure to tell us what you and your mom did today for fun!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

I tried the trifocals and got too dizzy

Eds...ak if you have that it might change shoulder tx

Also...u are amazing to work in yard and exercise so much with it. I didn't know. There are fb groups to learn about it and for support

If I didn't have my fb groups I think I would be insane by now. Or dead

I remember when I realized my retirement would not involve riding and skiing and surfing....that was the plan

Whew. Life is full of surprises huh?

I had major troubles sleeping last night from pain from moving furniture I'm sure

I also had a thought that some of my pain might be herding from 2 herbal concoctions I went back on for Candida and parasites. There's lots of Lyme killing stuff in them. I stopped taking those 2 when in started taking meds for flu or resp virus I've been fighting

I seem to be thru worst of that...but 2 sx ideal red to parasites and Candida are back. So I went back on it

I really like it when I can clearly relate a symptom or treatment to change I can see

It makes it so much easier

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Herxing

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Whew .. I'm glad you found a connection to the herbs and pain, LP. I thought of foods, but thankfully you thought of the supplements. What I ingest greatly affects my pain.

AK .. Maybe put a call in to your MCAD DR and ask about testing for EDS. If you have it, you'll need to scale back on the exercising.

I watched the USA team win the gold in curling. I know my friends in Duluth, MN are pretty excited!

I'm pretty congested today, so I'm waiting for my meds to kick in. I slept until about 10:15 this morning. Sure felt good to sleep that much.

Not sure what my plans are for today. We'll see.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Saturday-Ab and bun DVDs then 30 minutes on the treadmill at the Y. Mom wasn't up to going out yesterday but today we went to pick up tickets for a fundraiser dinner that one of her social clubs is having. Afterwards picked up her BFF and had lunch together. Back home doing laundry and waiting until it's time for support meeting and church.

I'd be surprised if I have EDS. Don't have any laxity in joints and will have to double check other symptoms.

After ice skating we haven't watched much more of the Olympics.

Kinda going gangbusters on the activity since Mom mentioned working. I think she was worried I don't have a life. And Kayak, you were much more active then me. Can't ride anymore (not great anyways) due to fractured pelvis and tailbone, never surfed and when I ski it's more falling down than being upright.

Like Hiker, I'd like to see the new glasses too!

You guys are awesome!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Filed my taxes today. Hurrah. Glad that is out of the way.

Went for a short 15 minute walk at the rec center with no poles.

Cooking and a bit of laundry.

Ended up at local coffee shop again. Am reading and watching Olympics.

AK--Kudos to you for exercise. Don't overdo, but it will be great to be in shape for when you do have to go to work.

Glad your mom could get out for awhile.

Tutu--Sleeping in sounds lovely.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK .. there's a vascular EDS .. probably harder to diagnose.

Glad you and your mom had time with her friend. Enjoy the support group and church!

I cleaned house some .. tried out my new/used Oreck. That thing SUCKS!! LOL .. it gave me a workout. The hardest thing was vacuuming the rugs. It wanted to just suck them up so I had to fight to save my rugs from instant death! [Big Grin]

Now I'm washing clothes. I'm about ready for a nap. Been ready a long time, but I have to get something accomplished first!

hiker .. I would be watching the Olympics, but my satellite is out due to the storms. I think we have flooding nearby, but we are fine.

I watched USA men's team win the gold medal in curling. Then watched the bronze medal round for the women.

Congrats on getting your taxes done. I guess I better step up the action around here.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement